Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It (33238 Views)

Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by DyshApp: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
Okay coming here as a last resort because I genuinely think this problem could be the end of my marriage. Also throwaway bc my husband is a frequent redditor. My husband (35M) and I (32F) welcomed our first baby three months ago. We’ve been married 7 years now and decided it was time to expand our family. Everything was going well and we were in our little newborn bubble of bliss until the hospital bills came. Both my husband and I have jobs and everything financially is split 50/50, but we’ve always kept our money separate with the exception of a joint account for bills.

Throughout the duration of my pregnancy, I planned to go for an unmedicated natural birth with as little intervention as possible. That was up until I hit the 24 hour mark of labor, I caved and got the epidural (which I was open to having if needed). My husband had no problem with it, even encouraged it.

When the bill came he brought it to me to pay all $8,000+ (after insurance) from my personal savings, I asked why. He said “You’re the one that couldn’t hold out for a few more hours and jacked up the bill with all your meds and an extra nights stay and he shouldn’t have to pay for all of my extra requests. If I wanted luxury, I should expect to pay for it”. I was stunned, and flipped out, but I’ll spare you the details.

He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him?

What would you do in this situation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
DyshApp:
He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him? What would you do in this situation?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

First pregnancy without epidural? Na she pretend say she fit play wonder woman only to find out she no get the stamina join. Na her wahala be this one. Whatever decision she makes na she go bear am. undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Bliss52: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
Medicare is very expensive abroad

The day I knew how much ambulance cost in Florida I feared for Oyinbo people

Ambulance that isn't even here

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by DyshApp: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

First pregnancy without epidural? Na she pretend say she fit play wonder woman only to find out she no get the stamina join. Na her wahala be this one. Whatever decision she makes na she go bear am. undecided

I know right I mean who does that she really though that she was wonder woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by DyshApp: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bliss52:

You can even have a fever and just buy drugs you have to go to a hospital and see a doctor just to get drugs

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by louken(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
cheesy grin An average African man will joyfully clear the bill or run to his kinsmen to assist him clear the bill while giving glory to God for blessing his family with a bouncing baby. Still our womenfolk deride us and call us toxic and immature.
Oya naa, see an oyibo husband trying to split (or even refusing to pay) child delivery bill.
I wonder if any of our deluded feminists can accept what this woman went through. cry

291 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by NFBI: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
The odd world

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Fahvvy: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2023
louken:
cheesy grin An average African man will joyfully clear the bill or run to his kinsmen to assist him clear the bill while giving glory to God for blessing his family with a bouncing baby. Still our womenfolk deride us and call us toxic and immature.
Oya naa, see an oyibo husband trying to split (or even refusing to pay) child delivery bill.
I wonder if any of our deluded feminists can accept what this woman went through. cry

Sheybi I've been saying it, let's give our African women the "equality" that they're seeking, na them go run grin...

Once they have a taste equality in the realest sense, they'll trash this talk of feminism once and for all undecided...

186 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by DyshApp: 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2023
louken:

But the man sef wicked he refused to even split the bill because she should have not taken pain relief for child birth

6 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by 1Sharon(f): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2023
louken:

I stand to be corrected but that doesn't sound like a white man undecided

There was a thread on front page about a man complaining about paying for his wife's c section. So calm down

20 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Authoreety: 8:52am On Oct 13, 2023
Funny how these stuffs usually turn out
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by siofra(f): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2023
louken:

No, that's not true. African men that run to marry white women richer than them?
African men that wail here everyday that their girlfriends can't offer them money in their relationships??
African men that say they can't marry a woman who doesn't have a job?
African men that demand for princess treatment nowadays while pining for rich white women that will pamper them??
Definitely not the African men of this generation or on nairaland.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by CooldipoMPS: 11:27am On Oct 13, 2023
cheesy

God bless the African people for this, we settle this in-house, the man takes the bill without complaining or seek the help of the wife is she is the cooperative one!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by emmabest2000(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
siofra:

No, that's not true. African men that run to marry white women richer than them?
African men that wail here everyday that their girlfriends can't offer them money in their relationships??
African men that say they can't marry a woman who doesn't have a job?
African men that demand for princess treatment nowadays while pining for rich white women that will pamper them??
Definitely not the African men of this generation or on nairaland.
He is talking about Men
Not gigolo's

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Skyblue7: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
undecided
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by nairalanda1(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2023
Bliss52:

Speaking on the ambulance matter, in New York, a woman was in a bad accident. Several people rushed in to help , while someone pulled out his phone to call for an ambulance. Woman somehow spotted him, somehow guessed he was calling for ambulance, because she screamed 'Please don't call an ambulance. I can't afford it'

Medicare is expensive anywhere period. Even in countries where it is free, people pay for it at very very high tax rates. (As in, half your yearly income). The USA has high health standards, which is why healthcare is very expensive there. (and why people are opposed to single payer healthcare like the UK's NHS, because it means higher taxes , and tax in the USA is very high already).

16 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by sofeo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2023
He didn't use what?.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Mandate2023: 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by money121(m): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ok oo
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
This is a useless man . The child belongs to you both not her alone.

21 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by MuMuOnBail: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
Na wa ooo

What is so difficult about child birth? undecided

Is it not only pushing? angry

When 90% of our mothers gave birth to us at home with no assistance from anybody.

VERY LAZY WOMAN

I support the husband

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by CooldipoMPS: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
grin
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by NOwazobia: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
This one resemble obodoyibo matter.

If no be Nigeria, e no concern me.

Until then, next!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by GboyegaD(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
First off, wondering what type of insurance they have that expected them to pay $8000 for childbirth.

That said, isn't the child theirs? Why is he acting silly? Whatever expense was borne, he should be happy the baby and the mother survived and gladly agree to pay his share.

9 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by beautyhd: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
Leave his sorry arse because tomorrow he will still refuse to pay for the baby’s food saying he didn’t use it.

Brave up for the single parent you are about to become and make sure not to take in again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by mobileboy: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2023
this is madness
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by SyndyB(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
You have said your own, let the husband man narrate his own side of the matter then we will respond appropriately.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Slurity(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
HE IS JUST PASSING A MESSAGE THAT I THINK ALL WOMEN NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO. ALWAYS BEHAVE AND CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE OF LUZURY LIFE AS IF YOU ARE THE ONE PAYING. BE CONSIDERATE AND NOT ALWAYS EXTRAVAGANT. THE MAN SHOULD AT LEAST PAY HALF OR TOTAL THOUGH EXCEPT IF HE HAS WARNED AHEAD AND ALREADY ANGERED BY ULTRANCES NOW.

5 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Eloxx87(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Husband and wife issues, it could still be resolved.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by tiswell(m): 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Time for a man to wake up.

Women have taken men for granted for so long.

This message isn't for simps!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / Doctor Shares Emotional Letter He Received From Patient Before Her Passing / NAFDAC Orders The Recall Of Eva Table Water 75cl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.