Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) (18272 Views)

Please Help Two Months After Employment Letter / Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Is This Appointment Letter Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
My friend received this offer letter from a company based in Abidjan. After his cousin who is based in Abidjan informed him of vacancy in the company where he worked, he sent his details to his cousin who claimed to have close relationship with the HR department in the said company where he worked. My friend is sceptical about the genuity of the offer letter despite the full assurance from his cousin. So I brought it here for a wider view and opinions, the cousin told him that his job role and other informations will be made known to him when he gets there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Lawrenceo: 4:30am On Oct 13, 2023
Run for your dear life. This is pure scam

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by aieromon(m): 4:33am On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:
My friend received this offer letter from a company based in Abidjan. After his cousin who is based in Abidjan informed him of vacancy in the company where he worked, he sent his details to his cousin who claimed to have close relationship with the HR department in the said company where he worked. My friend is sceptical about the genuity of the offer letter despite the full assurance from his cousin. So I brought it here for a wider view and opinions, the cousin told him that his job role and other informations will be made known to him when he gets there.

No love in these streets. shocked

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by youngrichnigga: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2023
Run o 🤣🤣🤣🤣

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by AskProf: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2023
Onefornaija26:
Be careful

There is nothing to be careful about.

He should run, faster than his legs can allow him.

Or, we will later hear tales of sorrow.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 8:10am On Oct 13, 2023
aieromon:

No love in these streets. shocked
Still wondering what the said cousin plans to achieve

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2023
AskProf:

There is nothing to be careful about.

He should run, faster than his legs can allow him.

Or, we will later hear tales of sorrow.
Please can you state the reasons why you believe this to be scam

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by AskProf: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:

Just show that "your friend" what I have posted.

Run.

14 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by churchkilo(m): 8:56am On Oct 13, 2023
Who is remitting 600,000 to who? This must be a joke

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by aieromon(m): 10:22am On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:

I hope you are not the "friend".

The document screams SCAM from the letterhead to the request for payment in NGN down to the fake email and website address at the footer.

What type of appointment letter requests for payment?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by AfroBeatDiary: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2023
Fake, I've seen similar many times, it's a trick to collect money from you.

11 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Fiscabally(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2023
Pure Scam! Run

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by danzaki63: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2023
The red flags are all over the letter, why is the letter written in English? why is the sum Quoted in Naira when the letter is written in Coite de Voire? are you going to that Country with Naira? the E-mail. is fake too. Your Cousin is wicked, he wants to Scam you.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by CooldipoMPS: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2023
I have the fear that something worse than financial scams is about to happen to him, even organ harvesting may be on the table.

The grass may not be greener on the other side in this case.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by AskProf: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2023
danzaki63:
The red flags are all over the letter, why is the letter written in English? why is the sum Quoted in Naira when the letter is written in Coite de Voire? are you going to that Country with Naira? the E-mail. is fake too. Your Cousin is wicked, he wants to Scam you.

There are no redflags in the letter.

The letter itself is one HUGE red flag.

The op wants to sell family land to go "suffer" in addition to loose to money.

He will regret it but, it will be late.

Too late.

14 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Kobicove(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
No reputable company anywhere will give a probation period of just 2 weeks for an international recruit?

This one na fake! grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by victornwaru(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
angryHi
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by owiko(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
H
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Postinor: 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
I don't care all I know is free palestine,God damn israel

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by mobileboy: 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
Fraud

can you explain who is paying who the 600

any job offer that expect you to pay a dime is fraud

11 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by wunmi590(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2023

It seems you guys have not learn and you don't want to learn....

8 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by 1x2x3: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
Na that 2 weeks probation them go take discharge you. They will take the 600K and tell you stories

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by GanagiBitrus: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
The 600k is a big red flag.
No genuine company employing your services will first ask you to pay such amount.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by hatchy(f): 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
GNLD and their cohorts have finally arrived in Abidjan.

Welcome home to Abidjan, GNLD products. All marketers' shoes shall surely worn out and bent.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by 1x2x3: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kobicove:
No reputable company anywhere will give a probation period of just 2 weeks for an international recruit?

This one na fake! grin

Na the lamba be that. After the 2 weeks them go discharge am. 2 week for 600K meaning 1.2M in a month. 🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Obierika(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
This one is a scam in the making angry
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by ecolime(m): 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
This one na scam na. See the title sef cheesy

Funny enough, some Nairlanders after seeing this screenshot will send them a mail to be considered for a job... lol

3 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Okiton: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
cheesy

Who is remitting 600k?

600k in Naira when the the said company is in Abidjan, abi that side follow use naira?

The company logo look occultic

5 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
Look at the heading without space: LETTEROFAPPOINTMENT
grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by phkka1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
You dare not go there or commit your money. It is pure scam.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% / Customer Care Job Vacancy At UNC Enterprises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.