Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) (18307 Views)

Please Help Two Months After Employment Letter / Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Is This Appointment Letter Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by BuzoDeGr8: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2023
Lolzzzzzzzz. Hahahahhaahahahah!! Bro, if you truly like that your friend, please tell him to flee away from this scam oooh!!! He should investigate that his cousin very well, his cousin has been scammed and he wants to use your friend to replenish his scammed money. What a world!! I thank God for this my life shaaa!!!
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Taigaban: 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:
My friend received this offer letter from a company based in Abidjan. After his cousin who is based in Abidjan informed him of vacancy in the company where he worked, he sent his details to his cousin who claimed to have close relationship with the HR department in the said company where he worked. My friend is sceptical about the genuity of the offer letter despite the full assurance from his cousin. So I brought it here for a wider view and opinions, the cousin told him that his job role and other informations will be made known to him when he gets there.
Scammers, always poor in use of English.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by folake4u(f): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
The first spelling error gave it away as pure scam.

This scammer is a learner.
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by greatseo(m): 1:47pm On Oct 13, 2023
hmmm becareful out there, this was same trick my uncle used to dupe me
all in the name of helping me get job in Ghana at the end it was Qnet (MLM).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by osayande1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
Better run from that scam. even the letter is poorly worded and typed. Cheap scam

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Raphael81(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
It's a very good job offer if you have money to waste.
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Obaofaba: 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
greatseo:
hmmm becareful out there, this was same trick my uncle used to dupe me
all in the name of helping me get job in Ghana at the end it was Qnet (MLM).

Please share more with us on Qnet.

One of my friends has been away from us for more than two months now, he quit his job for Qnet and has been on a look out for more victims.

I tried to save him but he's been brainwashed.

Is the company a scam?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Owaincouncil: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
Did you apply there?
Did you attend any interview or briefing there?
If yes, the letter is yours, go and resume
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Postinor: 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
ccrazy:

Your mama may have used fake postinor
free palestine
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by NECO1998: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
First paragraph shows it's purely a scam. "... you have met their requirements..." Whose requirements? Run!
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by D2l2z(m): 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
The letter smells fraud
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by peterbello(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:

Please can you state the reasons why you believe this to be scam

Ivorien company that types good and clear English, that is not talking about CFA but naira; that uses a simple gmail account and fake domain name. I can go on and on. It reeks of this popular employment scam that many people have talked about on NL.

If you have 600k to give a "company", what are you looking for a job for?

2 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by peterbello(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
Obaofaba:

Please share more with us on Qnet.

One of my friends has been away from us for more than two months now, he quit his job for Qnet and has been on a look out for more victims.

I tried to save him but he's been brainwashed.

Is the company a scam?

People still dey fall for Qnet? Nawa o.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by AskProf: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
hatchy:
GNLD and their cohorts have finally arrived in Abidjan.

Welcome home to Abidjan, GNLD products. All marketers' shoes shall surely worn out and bent.

Leave GNLD out of this. It is 10x worse.

It is "HK".

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
BuzoDeGr8:
Lolzzzzzzzz. Hahahahhaahahahah!! Bro, if you truly like that your friend, please tell him to flee away from this scam oooh!!! He should investigate that his cousin very well, his cousin has been scammed and he wants to use your friend to replenish his scammed money. What a world!! I thank God for this my life shaaa!!!
Hmmmmm!
Deep!
Please tell us your story
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
peterbello:

Ivorien company that types good and clear English, that is not talking about CFA but naira; that uses a simple gmail account and fake domain name. I can go on and on. It reeks of this popular employment scam that many people have talked about on NL.

If you have 600k to give a "company", what are you looking for a job for?
The cousin said that the company is owned by an Italian man
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by peterbello(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:

The cousin said that the company is owned by an Italian man

Guy, whatever. Its fake. Qnet style. The cousin would be somewhere in Nigeria.
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by phemmyfour: 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:
My friend received this offer letter from a company based in Abidjan. After his cousin who is based in Abidjan informed him of vacancy in the company where he worked, he sent his details to his cousin who claimed to have close relationship with the HR department in the said company where he worked. My friend is sceptical about the genuity of the offer letter despite the full assurance from his cousin. So I brought it here for a wider view and opinions, the cousin told him that his job role and other informations will be made known to him when he gets there.
The letter head is terrible...Run o!
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by janejive(f): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
LETTEROFAPPOINTMENT indeed
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by yewit37486: 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, ... complete the rest.

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
francotunsco:

The last time i check, they dont spend Naira in Ivory Coast Abidjan, they spend CFA Franc.

N600k weak me ooo.
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Emarvel(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2023
Afonja2000:
Please run; it’s a well coordinated scam.
I was scammed in Mali last year with the same procedure.
I was able to escape by the mercy of God.
My cousin joined some Ghanaians and Ivorians to scam me in Mali.

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by soccerlite: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
They have moved from fake oil job in uae to job in cote d voire

It's a blatant scam

Maybe your said cousin has joined organ harvesters

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by rickleye: 12:33am On Oct 14, 2023
Afonja2000:

Scam !!
Looks like they took someone’s employment letter and translated to English.

1. No spacing on letter of appointment.
2. We are pleased NOT we are please.
3. These terms and conditions ( the word These missing )
4. You have met their requirements but train with our team !!! ( doesn’t make sense)
5. No company remits money without you doing anything for them. That’s a rainbow 🌈 flag not only red …

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by odikomo1(m): 1:21am On Oct 14, 2023
The wordings of the letter is poor, I might excuse them been a French speaking area, however the HR is to know better when engaging foreigners from non-French speaking countries.

2. The salary and its payment method is ambiguous, who is paying who in naira?
3. What are you still attaching when it's presumed you have got the job?
4. Have you research about the company?, type the name on Google and see what pops up, a company hiring foreigners legitimately would have online presence.

If there is no clear and simple answer, the employment is fake

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Momohlinks(m): 7:20am On Oct 14, 2023
It is a scam except you can prove otherwise.
1. A reputable organization avoid typing error. LETTEROFAPPOINTMENT.
2. The first line of the statement is referring to third party not the company.
We are please to inform you that you've met THEIR requirements.
3. No evaluation analysis conducted to indicate how 600k will cover the whole bills because it's subject to change. Furthermore, paying money for housing etc shouldn't stated on appointment letter rather attached documents on terms and conditions if need.
4. The vital information is not stated which is work emoluments and gross earnings.

1 Like

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by PWAPUTI2010(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2023
It is a red flag and the whole Letter is fake tend to scam you, first the company name when searched on internet doesn’t exist, and secondly the country is a French speaking nation where English is not accepted as a official correspondence not like Republic of Cameroon where it’s permit English for official correspondence, also what is naira doing there, it’s pure scam no long thing period.
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Afonja2000: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2023
Emarvel:

Please run; it’s a well coordinated scam.
I was scammed in Mali last year with the same procedure.
I was able to escape by the mercy of God.
My cousin joined some Ghanaians and Ivorians to scam me in Mali.
Always a cousin or a close friend

2 Likes

Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by DaveHarry(m): 10:09am On Oct 14, 2023
Even your cousin too?
Re: Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics) by Moscodee1990(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
Exactly QNET FORMAT, Run for your Life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Custom Recruitment Exercise / I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / Access Bank Direct Sales Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.