Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) (43955 Views)

America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War / Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by legitnow1: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
Patrioticman007:

Inferiority complex has damaged your brain. Sorry.

SEE SUPERIOR WEY NO GET SENSE TO UNDERSTAND HIS LEVEL.

GO TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR.

TAKE A LONG LOOK AT YOURSELF.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by akin9ja78(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
Putin is a threat to the world God will soon execute him, you are trying to open the eye of a monkey
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
Nice
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by ElSudani: 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ynix:

And you aren't informed about their Upper Volta River?

Susceptible to seasonal fluctuations. I might be wrong though, even the great river Niger is not immuned.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

You need a shit tonne of fresh water to maintain a nuclear reactor .

The fuel rods heat up water and from there turn it into steam that drives an electric turbine.

Water is key in a nuclear energy reactor .

You need water to both convert to steam and to keep the nuclear rods from melting down and spewing radiation everywhere.

Have you seen Burkina Faso on map ??

They have water

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
Pierce008:

Google the Chernobyl disaster to understand how deadly nuclear plant are, if not properly manage

Chernobyl was due to deliberate human error. Plus they were using very old fashioned tech.

Won't happen today.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Blackdisciple(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
Nice one something nigeria can't accept..
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Christistruth03: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:

E JUST BE LIKE WHERE THEM CARRY LOADED GUN LEAVE WITH CHILD.

It is even like giving a Nuclear missile to a Child

It can blow up the entire Country and it’s neighbours

Putin Probably wants to reduce the Population of Africa

And the silly boy doesn’t have a Clue

I just hope River Niger doesn’t pass through Bukina Faso because Nigeria is downstream

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by legitnow1: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
akin9ja78:
Putin is a threat to the world God will soon execute him, you are trying to open the eye of a monkey

HE WANT TO BLIND BOTH EYE AND BURN THE MONKEY BEFORE HIS TIME.

WE STILL DEY ENJOY SMALL INSIDE THIS HUNGER
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by bonnyhope: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
Chenobyl disaster come my mind
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by obedience4(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
anonymous1759:
angry

Shut UP slave : the only country that has used Nuclear weapon on humans is in the West the highest genocide commits in the world is in the west all the people American president killed runs into millions yet they brainwash you that you’re evil and they’re Angels Wakeup from your slavery Mentality bro sorry for the insult but you deserve it.

Africans don't have nukes fine, but can't you see the scale of destruction in Africa,
Almost the full continent is in turmoil.

Imagine if a nuke plant was in say Kano or in the East, What do you think will stop terrorist or succession militants from blowing such plant.

After over 20 years of the Fukushima nuclear disasters, Japan can't still clean the water around the plant, even with its technological advancement

Imagine if that happens in Africa
Common crude oil spillage we are still cleaning in Niger delta

The shael one of the most unpredictable place on earth, even the Burkina Faso some part of the country are under militants rule and you want to build a nuke plant

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by osazsky(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
As a Muslim,I like the way Israel is bombing Palestine and killing those Muslim terrorist trying to spoil the teachings of Islam..until we Muslim condemn Hamas and all other terrorist gp we will not know peace.mohameed taught us to love and live in peace .Israel should wipe out the whole of Palestine for supporting Hamas .this is coming from a Muslim and I enjoyed our worship today at the mosque

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by teejoyz: 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
To build it is not the problem but to protect it from the terrorist attacks is the main problem.
You can't build nuclear power plants in a place where the insecurity is alarming. If attacked the result can be dangerous to Africa.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Who western style Democracy help?. What I will always advocate for is what I refer to as “Home grown democracy “. China is practicing and has developed economically and in other areas with its own style of democracy but some people will not like it:/will criticize it. Democracy is good but we just need to have to look for a way to fine tune and do a thorough refinement and variations to suit our unique cultures.

misreal:
I wish them luck..
But if this works out good for them,Africa will soon throwaway democracy

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by nairalanda1(m): 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

You need a shit tonne of fresh water to maintain a nuclear reactor .

The fuel rods heat up water and from there turn it into steam that drives an electric turbine.

Water is key in a nuclear energy reactor .

You need water to both convert to steam and to keep the nuclear rods from melting down and spewing radiation everywhere.

Burkina does have a lot of rivers...there are several tributaries of the Niger river, then there is the Volta river system, as the map below shows.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Nolevel666: 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:
Nigeria needs to invest in nuclear power generation. I even learnt it's safe and has nothing to do with radioactivity.
Who will operate it?

Your abokis abi

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by latonione: 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
Who sign a deal with Nigeria to build the Ajaokuta steel?
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Bigchristo: 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
BERNIMOORE:
While Nigeria still rely on the old hydro energy dam that stops when the water dries or very low
Nigeria should just remain in that old Hydro power plant system, we don’t have govt who pays attention to maintenance of public infrastructure, even the old hydro power plants still Dey fail till date imagine how many times National grid don collapsed only this year, Nuclear power plant is a disaster if not properly or we’ll maintain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by obedience4(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Chernobyl was due to deliberate human error. Plus they were using very old fashioned tech.

Won't happen today.

Guy you are not informed
Which old tech
Is obvious you haven't read about the incident

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by teodore(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:
Nigeria needs to invest in nuclear power generation. I even learnt it's safe and has nothing to do with radioactivity.
Nigerians no go gree. No state go agree make them do am near them. Our negligence too na another thing. We fit employ aboki through nepotism for that sector sensitive role make them radiate Africa. Lolzz we fit use am play politics sef....😊😄😄 Guy abeg we never ready at all. Use for terrorism. We no serious for this country abeg.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by BrickDevo: 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:
western power will say it reduces ozone layer, it's not green, bla bla bla.... But mother nature will always heal itself, that is even if there's anything like ozone layer.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2023
You can speedily help God to execute him

akin9ja78:
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Christistruth03: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

Google the Fukushima nuclear disaster
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by bewla(m): 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
WriterNig:
🇷🇺 Russia leads the rest of the world in terms of Nuclear Power Plants projects worldwide.

Russia is constructing or has constructed Nuclear Power Plants in:

🇨🇳 China
🇮🇳 India
🇧🇾 Belarus
🇭🇺 Hungary
🇹🇷 Turkey
🇪🇬 Egypt
🇫🇮 Finland
🇰🇿 Kazakhstan
🇧🇩 Bangladesh
🇲🇱 Mali (still planned)

🇷🇺 Russia serves the needs & protects weak nations. The US only serves the needs of its rich western friends.
Why not venture to palastin to help improve life they're only where safe na him una they go chock eyes

Wipe all this mother fykers out of Africa pls
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by osazsky(m): 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
As a Muslim,I like the way Israel is bombing Palestine and killing those Muslim terrorist trying to spoil the teachings of Islam..until we Muslim condemn Hamas and all other terrorist gp we will not know peace.mohameed taught us to love and live in peace .Israel should wipe out the whole of Palestine for supporting Hamas .this is coming from a Muslim and I enjoyed our worship today at the mosque
true talk
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by SoNature(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

Google the Fukushima nuclear disaster

I have done that before making this comment.

Nuclear power plant is very safe.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by PepeXKermit: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
Which Yesterday block has built anything africa can use to industrialize. show me one and i will show you Ajaokuta... (the steel company Russians built).
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Christistruth03: 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

I have done that before making this comment.

Nuclear power plant is very safe.

Nuclear power can wipe out a Country
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by bewla(m): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
First don't hide under the name and say you like it ,
Because you no little about it most of the people living in Gaza hate what Israel is doing
Even the Jews

Ask your self how will it fill to denied you the right to. Your phone for a day

I bet you if what this people endure you are face with half you will not only cry but you will do worst then what they have now
Some one control what comes out and gose in to your home and you say you are a Muslim dose Quran teach you this
Dose your Muhammad teach this
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by SoNature(m): 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nuclear power can wipe out a Country

I can vouch that most of you saying that I should do a Google search have never done that about nuclear energy before. I won't reply you again. Read and get enlightened.

https://www.gisreportsonline.com/r/nuclear-energy-safe/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband, Wife Buried On Runway At US Airport Greet Thousands Of Planes Every Yea / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / Meet Fares & Firas Muhammad: Muslim Twins Serving In Israel's Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.