Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) (43930 Views)

America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War / Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Cromagnon: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:
THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON AMERICANS WONT SELL OR GIVE NIGERIA ANY WEAPONS.

THEY KNOW THE END RESULT WILL BE GENOCIDE DUE TO TRIBALISM OR RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY.

HUTU AND TUTSI IN RWANDA ONLY HAD MACHET AND THE WEST REGRET NOT INTERVENING EARLY ENOUGH TO CONTROL THE MONKEY IN JUNGLE.

UMU ANIMAL!
you do realise west was happy with the matchetIng and allowed it to happen
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by hardon1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2023
This junta will not leave power again, after tasting how sweet it is
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by seborrhic: 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
planetx:
What do you mean by Russia cannot build a nuclear power plant for itself?
The cost of a nuclear power plant can reach up to $10b.
Russia cannot afford to build one now in Russia even if it wants to,it will enter recession.
What more spending such humongous amount to build one in Burkina Faso.
How will they recoup $8-10b.Definitely not by exporting energy to neighbouring poor African countries.
Wish God keeps us alive and this forum is still in existence by then,but I can tell you with 110% certainty,in 30years time,no single kilowatt of energy would have been produced from this phantom nuclear project in Burkina Faso.

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Christistruth03: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

I can vouch that most of you saying that I should do a Google search have never done that about nuclear energy before. I won't reply you again. Read and get enlightened.

https://www.gisreportsonline.com/r/nuclear-energy-safe/

Atomic Power that is less than Nuclear Power wiped out Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Bliztzer: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
misreal:
I wish them luck..
But if this works out good for them,Africa will soon throwaway democracy

Future wahala. Them go soon dey boast against Nigeria
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Albertgr8: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
Tinubu should join Russia
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Burkina does have a lot of rivers...there are several tributaries of the Niger river, then there is the Volta river system, as the map below shows.

Ok got it
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by seborrhic: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
hardon1:
This junta will not leave power again, after tasting how sweet it is
That's why I laugh when citizens jubilate down the streets in African countries,even this 2023 when a military man takes over power from a supposedly failed civilian leadership.
The only difference between the civilian and African leader in those countries where military has taken power is that one is in uniform,the other in native African ware or suit.Both have common cloak of lacking capacity,being incompetent and common interest in wanting to amass as much of the respective country's wealth as possible and perpetuation in power until another set of interest get fed up of the exclusion.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by HITdemUP: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:
WRONG MOVE, WITH ALL THE HEAD SLAMMERS AND TERRORIST IN THE SAHEL, THEY BETTER NOT BUILD SUCH THERE.

OUR MUSLIM BLACK BROTHER TERRORIST WILL NOW HAVE A NEW TARGET TO KILL US ALL.
Igbotic hate is really strong .. e be like hamas

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by CoronaVirusPro: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
Building is not the problem, but the maintenance and risk that comes with.

Even a great Germany is shutting down her nuclear plants.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ynix:

Burkina Faso has three main rivers — the Black Volta, the Red Volta and the White Volta and they are big enough that they feed the Atlantic Ocean. So what other excuses

Ok.

We learn everyday

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Dpharisee: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
Overme:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela. Almighty God bless you and your family
Anthony Okeke, the chief scam beggar of Nairaland grin
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Dpharisee: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
seborrhic:
Trust this African military ruler to believe this and sell it to his equally gullible countrymen,if at all the story is true.
So Russia that is not even in a position to build one for itself now will leave many Arab countries of the same ilk with money to spare,leave Belarus and its core neighbours and go site a nuclear power plant in poor Burkina Faso?
The next logical question any person with commonsense would then ask is this:assuming the story itself is true,assuming Russia has the resources to build one and Burkina Faso can maintain one without disastrous consequences,to what purpose?
Will Burkina Faso immediate neighbours and distant ones in West Africa even accept to have such risky facility sited in a poor country without the means,resources and technical know-how to run one,knowing the disaster that awaits not only Burkina Faso but the subregion if anything goes wrong?
Russia be deceiving gullible African rulers since the days of Mobutu Sese Seko.
Which African country that Russia has imprints in is doing well?Zilch!!
If there is any element of truth in the story,I can only assume is a sweet proposal Russia has put before the not so intellectually sound burkinabe ruler to not only allow Russia to have another footprint in another African country,but to mine it's reach resources at almost free in the guise of building a nuclear plant they neither have the resources or actual plan to build.
By the time they tell them that the "nuclear plant is still under construction and will be ready soon",over 20 years,Russia would have effectively carved out a state out of Burkina Faso and mined out majority of its resources.
Nonsense analysis, Africa is evolving and can handle nuclear technology with adequate training. There are Nigerians working in nuclear plants abroad

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by LivingSage: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
You must be that brainwashed monkey.

Are you an eternal slave angry
legitnow1:

RUSSIA NEVER SABI SAY THOSE BLACK MONKEYS NO BE BETTER PERSON.

WESTERNERS KNOW US BETTER AND GIVE US WHAT WE DESERVE WHICH IS NOTHING.

RUSSIA SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL.

WASH A MONKEY, E REMAINS A MONKEY.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Dpharisee: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:
Only way this will work is if the RuSSIANS PLAN TO BE PERMANENTLY BASED IN bUKINA fASO.

Black man cannot manage shit.

I'm black and know my people.
Trash, Ethiopia has managed one of the most successful airlines in the world despite going through a civil war.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Abrahamweb(m): 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:
Nigeria needs to invest in nuclear power generation. I even learnt it's safe and has nothing to do with radioactivity.
The west used that BS to make sure that developing countries will depend on them,they keep saying radioactivity but continue building new nuclear power plants.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Dpharisee: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

A river that has its levels drastically reduced during the dry season ?

Unless they are going to build a huge damn to store water for the reactors.

Then the next issue is how do you get rid of the spent heavy water ?
The same way other countries get rid of the spent water will be applicable, it's common sense
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by bewla(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
osazsky:
Islam teaches us to live in peace and condemn terrorism..Islam condemns d killing of children by Hamas so I love how isreal retaliated and bombed gaza
Yes you love it because the Bomb is told not to kill children and woman in retaliation

May your eyes be open sallam alaikum
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Abrahamweb(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:

RUSSIA NEVER SABI SAY THOSE BLACK MONKEYS NO BE BETTER PERSON.

WESTERNERS KNOW US BETTER AND GIVE US WHAT WE DESERVE WHICH IS NOTHING.

RUSSIA SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL.

WASH A MONKEY, E REMAINS A MONKEY.
Na the type of nonsense talks that keeps African leaders from being meaningful to her citizens.
We get more terrorist than any other nations on earth?
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Basic123: 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
Taylor94:
Putin actually love this 35yrs old Burkina Faso guy

I swear this is pure love

Tinubu is the luckiest person alive for not attacking Niger

Na God save am if not Nigeria for don turn Palestine

Tinubu leave countries he was supposed to align with go dey lick USA nyash because of forgery

If to say Tinubu no forge certificate there’s nothing Biden would have used to hold him hostage

Is this coming from you after BIDEN rejected chinamanda adichie letter request for USA to accept the life and dead body of PETHIEF OBI?

She should have written the letter to Russia instead.

Pained frustrated OBI slave
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2023
This bokinafaso guy is dumb.His no student of history,Putin will fry you, as he did to his allies. grin IN LIFE ANYTHING YOU DO YOU THINK OF THE REAL ANTECEDENTS OF A PERSON,TO KNOW THE PERSON. angryall the People Putin worked with died mysteriously sad
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
Dpharisee:

The same way other countries get rid of the spent water will be applicable, it's common sense

It's not as easy as you think.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by RevDesm0ndJuju: 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
This bokinafaso guy is dumb.His no student of history,Putin will fry you as hell did to his allies. grin

How ?

Which of Putin's allies has he fried?
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:

Why them no give una before?

Why after the Russians already sold you an helicopter betetr than Apache?

no ibo man will be president
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Jaxx123: 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2023
People KNOW Google But don't NO your shop or office. Put that business on Google now 100% Automatic!

🚀 Unlock the potential of your business by letting our licensed agency open your Google My Business account and get you listed. 📍

You pour your heart and soul into your business, but it's time to break free from the limits of social media. Imagine this: someone searches for a local product on Google, and your business doesn't show up. 😱

Take control of your online presence by updating your product information. For instance, if you're a book seller in Ikeja, get your business on Google, and be the top result when someone searches for it. 📚📍

Don't let potential clients slip through the cracks. Whether you're selling palm oil, books, school services, or providing consulting, Google values your local business. 🌐🔍

Don't wait any longer – get your business listed on Google today! 🌟

For assistance with your Google listing, reach out to us:
📞 Phone: +2348152469749
📧 Email: olurantiprofile@gmail.com 📩

Watch our video to see how the magic happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOn099JOxQ?si=NRP-30JpXThZHbIN

©Webhouse Lab Solution

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
Nigeria too needs Nuclear power energy systems so over to the new government to have a chat with Russia for Nuclear power supply systems generation in the country.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by patorial(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:
WRONG MOVE, WITH ALL THE HEAD SLAMMERS AND TERRORIST IN THE SAHEL, THEY BETTER NOT BUILD SUCH THERE.

OUR MUSLIM BLACK BROTHER TERRORIST WILL NOW HAVE A NEW TARGET TO KILL US ALL.

Do you even know what a nuclear power plant is?
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by okrikaboi: 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2023
They want to make a Chernobyl in Africa. They probably have that country by the balls already
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by sslcrypt: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:

TUCANO? TRUMP GAVE U A FLYING SNAIL, TO MAKE MONEY.

BEFORE TRUMP DID ANYBODY AGREE TO GIVE NIGERIA ANYTHING? NO!

U ARE VERY FUNNY.

SHAME NO THEY CATCH UNA?

GO AND SEE JETS AMERICA GIVE TO EGYPT FOR FREE.

THE BEST HELICOPTER NIGERIA HAVE WAS SOLD TO US BY RUSSIA.

Another MUMU, God help your situation.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by Banbanna(m): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
Na only that one. That infamous Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster nko? The risks far outweighs whatever perceived gains. It's just so pathetic the way some of these NLders dey hail Russia upanda
Artscollection:

Check Fukushima disaster. Every one don run comot for the town.
Re: Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) by WhatchDoGG(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2023
legitnow1:

Why them no give una before?

Why after the Russians already sold you an helicopter betetr than Apache?
Just be lying up and down, what's the name of that helicopter better than apache Russia sold to Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / Husband, Wife Buried On Runway At US Airport Greet Thousands Of Planes Every Yea / "Shame On You" - Piers Morgan Blasts Trump On His Final Day As US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.