Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) (45590 Views)

Yusuf Mu’awiyyah Muye Weds Yasirah In Grand Ceremony [PHOTOS] / Don’t Check Your Husband’s Phones – Kwankwaso Advises Women At Kano Mass Wedding / Peter Obi Attends Linda Ikeji’s Child Dedication Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by CodeTemplar: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2023
Oyel money good o.

Reproduce and brainwash more souls, then start writing constitution to maintain status quo.

Nigeria is another Gaza/Lebanon vs Israel, but all sharing one fake nationality.

2 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by victorclean(f): 10:05am On Oct 15, 2023
Mumuness. Wasting of money. Can I call it human or capital development?.

God may your mercy locate us

2 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:21am On Oct 15, 2023
oranget:

What is wrong with conducting a mass wedding? Nigerians will see the wrong in petty things but the things need their attention they choose to ignore. I have never seen anyone calling out government officials for wasting money on bulletproof cars or clearing bush with billions of naira or even trying to increase their own salary by 140%.

In the concluded United Nations General Assembly, Nigerian president spent a whooping sum of four hundred and twenty-two thousand, eight hundred and twenty US dollars ($422,820) on hotel reservations for him and his close aides alone in just 7 days. This is equivalent to 422,820,000 million naira.
And all we are concerned about is a state
organizing mass wedding.

What is wrong with it?

People who can't afford wedding have been given license to produce children... If they can't afford wedding how can they afford child care

Why not solve the fundamental issue which is poverty first... Then the issue of marriage would solve themselves

Well I'm not surprised by your thinking most of your have little or no idea about wealth creation

17 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Minime10(f): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2023
money121:
Kano State has officiated a mass wedding ceremony for 1800 couples, funded by the state government. Most of the beneficiaries are primarily widows and divorcees.

Additionally, the state government paid almost N50,000 in dowry on behalf of each groom to their bride.

As part of the mass wedding plan, the couples were also given a bed, bedding, food, and clothes, with the couple required to repay the gifts to the state government in case of divorce. The wedding was a top campaign promise for the current governor.

— ChannelsTV
Photo Crédit: Sodiq Adelakun

lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J Seun

You are giving out free kpekus to jobless men to keep on turning out potential terrorists as kids in the society😎

3 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by kwaso2: 10:30am On Oct 15, 2023
I think that this mass wedding model needs to be understudied especially here in South South and South East. This is demystify dating someone's daughter for years illegally.

I think that it's a great idea. Most younger persons just need that push to keep going.

I agree that it can be bettered like ensuring that the groom have a means of income.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Nairalander248: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:
Kano has land... Has lots of rivers that can be dammed

Kano can bring out 200,000 hectares without stress ... That's over 200 hectares per couple

800 million used can provide.... 400 million for tractors and 400 million for seeds... Get another 600 million for fertilizers

200 hectares at worse can yield 3 tons per hectares minimum if good seeds are used

That's 600 tons per person say worse still 500 tons... That's 5000 bags of corn... Say each bag is sold for 45,000 ... That's

That's 22 million per head they can be settled for life

No let's waste it on weeding give them bed to fvck and make babies

This is why the northerners will still rule the country more grin

They are strategic...

Mass wedding = Mass Children = Massive Electorate

And you are here crying they wasted money

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by oranget(m): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

What is wrong with it?

People who can't afford wedding have been given license to produce children... If they can't afford wedding how can they afford child care

Why not solve the fundamental issue which is poverty first... Then the issue of marriage would solve themselves

Well I'm not surprised by your thinking most of your have little or no idea about wealth creation
You that have idea about wealth creation, what have you been doing about it? And what do you intend to do to lift this people out of poverty? This discussion about the mass wedding is just what Yoruba people will term as "à n fi ẹ̀tẹ̀ sílẹ̀, wo làpálàpá" which translates to "we are leaving leprosy unattended while preoccupied with an ordinary skin fungal infection"

What I am saying in essence is this, should we leave pressing issues like government corruption and economic downturn and be concerned with a state organizing mass wedding?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2023
oranget:

You that have idea about wealth creation, what have you been doing about it? And what do you intend to do to lift this people out of poverty? This discussion about the mass wedding is just what Yoruba people will term as "à n fi ẹ̀tẹ̀ sílẹ̀, wo làpálàpá" which translates to "we are leaving leprosy unattended while preoccupied with an ordinary skin fungal infection"

What I am saying in essence is this, should we leave pressing issues like government corruption and economic downturn and be concerned with a state organizing mass wedding?
What would I do? Never knew they elected me as their leader?

I have done what I can do suggest a good alternative and permanent solution

12 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2023
Nairalander248:

This is why the northerners will still rule the country more grin

They are strategic...

Mass wedding = Mass Children = Massive Electorate

And you are here crying they wasted money
Ruling in poverty? Lmaooo

6 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by oranget(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

What would I do? Never knew they elected me as their leader?

I have done what I can do suggest a good alternative and permanent solution
A good alternative to mass wedding or economic downturn?
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by jaksmillioniar: 11:34am On Oct 15, 2023
I love dis. Is de right thing to do most are in pains of marriage but cant get a wife or hubby for diffrent reason. He tried as he make dem happy and to buy all dose gifts is not easy.most of us in south are hippocrates instead of sexing about why not get married u see a girl at 16 already useless is better she get married early settle down and start life it make dem live a beta life I wish will do dis in west and east
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by jaksmillioniar: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

What is wrong with it?

continue to cry yet u see ibo or Yoruba girl at 16 is already following men u see a guy who Neva got married cos he got free sex and useless girl life dat why society is like dis cos we are raising pple who are immature and irresponsible dat Neva take a gud decision in life. am sure I are not married dat why it in pains
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by MrEverest(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2023
danijesus:
See Thier ugly face...

I was also wondering why they're so ugly.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by descartes400: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2023
Blake755:
Omo just imagine despite of sickle cell awareness be raised everyday yet this one's dey do mass wedding no genotype check hmm

The Kano state government said Stds and genotype tests were conducted. So, hold your peace!

4 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by thaoriginator: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2023
Omo see legal yanshing! Better bed to yansh, rice to cook and water to drink 🍻

Life no pass like that cry

5 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by MDK777: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Thanks to the Kano government at least it will discouraged them from doing olosho kobokobo, hookup, baby factory, unlike the other side of the country that there people love building different types of hotels 🏨 and brotel including hk to encourage their own youths on an immoral and irrelevant life style

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
jaksmillioniar:
continue to cry yet u see ibo or Yoruba girl at 16 is already following men u see a guy who Neva got married cos he got free sex and useless girl life dat why society is like dis cos we are raising pple who are immature and irresponsible dat Neva take a gud decision in life. am sure I are not married dat why it in pains
There is reason u have 90% plus poverty rate continue

3 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by wonder233: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
Some northerners on this page are bleating about immorality. But they don't use that same moral guage to hold politicians accountable, morality only applies to sex for them. Hypocrite Puritans.

The sole aim of this mass wedding is to manufacture voters for greedy politicians to grab power and loot. After that, the worthless subhumans who were bred would be a nuisance unleased to the society.

4 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Moneyyyy09: 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
Thanks Allah it's not mass burial
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by N3TRAL: 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

What is wrong with it?

I adopt your comment as my opinion on the issue.

I think it's the second time this year.

2 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Whitecoal711: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2023
Making more untrained babies just to have more number during election
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by anonymous1759(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

We ended up in Nigeria because a certain group fear that if merit is allowed a group of people they don't like would have too much power

Gradually elected the most loyal people that can keep this arrangement

Go and hold zik responsible he insisted on national unity you guys should stop blaming everyone for what you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by obi58: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Kano can bring out 200,000 hectares without stress ... That's over 200 hectares per couple

800 million used can provide.... 400 million for tractors and 400 million for seeds... Get another 600 million for fertilizers

200 hectares at worse can yield 3 tons per hectares minimum if good seeds are used

That's 600 tons per person say worse still 500 tons... That's 5000 bags of corn... Say each bag is sold for 45,000 ... That's

Nice idea but a little short on facts. A simple Google search would show you that the entire landmass of Kano state is about 20,000. sq kilometres or more importantly 50,000 hectares (both built up and uninhabited areas).

So a more realistic estimate would have been 10k hectares for your scheme. That divided across 1800 couples will give you roughly 8ha/couple.

Also your budget of 400 million for tractors seems a little bit unrealistic unless the tractors will be kept in hubs and hired when needed by the farmers.

Also your estimate did not make provision for other running costs in cultivation apart from the seedlings.

But that's neither here nor there. The overall idea is a good one but I doubt if the government will take up such laudable initiatives.

3 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ozo13(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

hahahaha.
On a lighter note Sha ,Kano state still better pass state Bayelsa state that receive monthly allocation and 13% yet noting (not even mass wedding or infrastructure) to show for it and the citizens are quiet about it.I wish they can do away with the usual politicians that got noting to offer and just choose one unpopular person that will help them in the next month election

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by bigwig071(m): 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
Islam na pure evil honestly.. I for say why Muhammad married his son's wife while the boy is still alive even if he's dead...

2 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by baconline(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2023
They can't afford to marry themselves,how the hell will they take care of the children to come die to the marriage?will the government take care of the children?

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2023
ozo13:
hahahaha.
On a lighter note Sha ,Kano state still better pass state Bayelsa state that receive monthly allocation and 13% yet noting (not even mass wedding or infrastructure) to show for it and the citizens are quiet about it.I wish they can do away with the usual politicians that got noting to offer and just choose one unpopular person that will help them in the next month election
Have you been to bayelsa or you just want to talk
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by 234daniel2010(m): 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
The same set of Illiterate that voted Tinubu into office preparing for the next election. They gave them bed so they can f*ck and mass produce another set of Illiterate.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by sulakishop(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
Our problems differs...but I think the north is sending a message with this practice. The earlier we imbibe it the better for the average southerner.

Remember when they started enlisting massively in the military,/paramilitary?

3 Likes

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Igbeyawo o soro, owo obe ni koko.

How would a man who can't afford marriage rites feed himself & family?

I want to believe that the major aim of the scheme is to generate more children as part of their underaged electorate scheme.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:

Hahahaha you have maths niggar

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Lovenorth: 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2023
God bless Islam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ngige Looking At Obiano's Swag At Ekwueme's Burial (Photo) / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.