Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) (45597 Views)

Yusuf Mu’awiyyah Muye Weds Yasirah In Grand Ceremony [PHOTOS] / Don’t Check Your Husband’s Phones – Kwankwaso Advises Women At Kano Mass Wedding / Peter Obi Attends Linda Ikeji’s Child Dedication Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Rolings: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
Addme:
Na wa ooo.
To say this is a campaign promise.
After they are done eating this stuffs which won't last more than 2 weeks then comes divorce.
How is this related to human development and good governmental projects that the State need.
It seems this governor will be nothing but just a mistake,a ruse just to wrestle power from Ganduje.

You assume too much on behalf of a people you barely know.
A government addressing something seen as a problem in the society and y'all are going on overdrive.....

Certainly concept of government or governance in the North differ from the south
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by LUAN(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
Mosba:
How were they able to identify their wives abi na to close eyes and pick one?
I was about asking same question, I say Make I first go through comment first
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Chemlite: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Glad you know. So you have to respect that and stop talking bad about those that decide and dictate for you.
Nothing happens in the country except through us.

US? Kingmaker that can't marry a wife, except his government does that for him?

Kingmaker that can't afford a bed?
Kingmaker that can't send his child to school living a wretched life?

Was it only the South that suffered under buhari failed gov't?

Keep deceiving yourself!

No reasonable man will prefer gov't marrying for him instead giving job or empowering him. Because with the later I can do the former.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by StJasper(m): 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
Blake755:
Omo just imagine despite of sickle cell awareness be raised everyday yet this one's dey do mass wedding no genotype check hmm

Though I'm not in support of this madness called "mass wedding" but I know for sure they did series of test for the intending couple. Some were dropped after the tests.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Amaggedon: 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
money121:

At least not mass burial just be happy for them
Shikena

Book Our Apartment here :

https://www.nairaland.com/7810806/imranshortlet-baruwa-ipaja-lagos-state
How many jobs does the kano goverment create per year? The product of this foolishness will still cause mass burial in future and waste of scares resources to buy bullet to kill them.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ashawopikin(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2023
Well they look happy

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by MatrixCircle: 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Not seeing cartons of condoms sad sad shocked shocked
None is happy on thier wedding day grin grin
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ozo13(m): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=Chemlite post=126423570][/quote]am sure u saw when I said on a lighter note.no carry everything serious o
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Tkeke: 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2023
This is surely Islamic propaganda. Also known as evangelism by population. An end time plan to overrun and islamize the whole world. I have never seen them spend this much on education.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Olabode211: 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2023
New government new resolution.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Microwhy: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
Blake755:
Omo just imagine despite of sickle cell awareness be raised everyday yet this one's dey do mass wedding no genotype check hmm
You think you're more wiser than the organising committee?
After the said test, some of them are discovered to carrier of different type of diseases and screen out.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Badfinga: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
Blake755:
Tests were carried out, and those who came out positive for various health challenges were screened out.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ponishah: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
Rossikk:

SO GET YOUR 12 MILLION IGBOS RESIDENT IN THE NORTH TO GO BACK HOME.

WHO BEGGED THEM TO GO THERE?

STUPID ANIMAL.
You are so backward in everything, you are drawing the country backwards ... just look at how your incurable crass stupidity is causing the avoidable deaths of children in the north. Please dont spread your diphtheria to the south.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Ikpunnegi01: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
More beds, more babies, Zoo mentality! Tueh what a wastage!
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Phred1717: 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2023
Fools Miscreants and slowpoke following a stupid part called religion n tribe without using their own head. Gosh I'm disgusted
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
Rolings:

This is a social investment.
Kano has invested heavily in agriculture too and is the Largest economy in the north.
This isn't a waste at all. It's a worthy investment
Yet smaller than small IMO state GDP
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
mrvitalis:
Kano has land... Has lots of rivers that can be dammed

Kano can bring out 200,000 hectares without stress ... That's over 200 hectares per couple

800 million used can provide.... 400 million for tractors and 400 million for seeds... Get another 600 million for fertilizers

200 hectares at worse can yield 3 tons per hectares minimum if good seeds are used

That's 600 tons per person say worse still 500 tons... That's 5000 bags of corn... Say each bag is sold for 45,000 ... That's

That's 22 million per head they can be settled for life

No let's waste it on weeding give them bed to fvck and make babies

give the advise to ur State gorvenor... Simple
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Phred1717: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
When you can't take care of the dirt in your eyes what do you expect to see. I weep at your ignorance and foolish. Just look at the comparison
oranget:

What is wrong with conducting a mass wedding? Nigerians will see the wrong in petty things but the things need their attention they choose to ignore. I have never seen anyone calling out government officials for wasting money on bulletproof cars or clearing bush with billions of naira or even trying to increase their own salary by 140%.

In the concluded United Nations General Assembly, Nigerian president spent a whooping sum of four hundred and twenty-two thousand, eight hundred and twenty US dollars ($422,820) on hotel reservations for him and his close aides alone in just 7 days. This is equivalent to 422,820,000 million naira.
And all we are concerned about is a state organizing mass wedding.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Phred1717: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
I don't think we need to be in the same space with these northerns because of their thinking. It's just like thinking of Buhari n his backwardness
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Agent17th: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
9japride:
The government did well, I don't see anything bad in it. After all , down south especially the oil producing states they the government there waste a lot of money on irrelevant things that don't have any direct impact on the masses.
Go to those oil states, their government officials all drive the latest SUV and lavish money on unnecessary parties.
Why can't the government create a good environment for business? Tourism is another gold mine. But, the issue of security needs to be solved. I doubt if security issues will be sincerely be solved? A situation they use idle men to carry out election mago mago matters.

Having mass wedding and providing beds with which the illiterate that has nothing doing to go fvck and make more babies in a state that has way over 10 million citizens, is an achievement?

Nigeria is indeed a failed nation. Why not Channel the money used for a more productive venture . Who do us this thing abeg
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
Such ugly and disgusting people tueh...
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ufotunang: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Wedding jobless people..how will they take care of the family and plenty children they will give birth to... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ufotunang: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
See what a governor is using the state allocation money to do.. nawaoooo 🙄
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by ufotunang: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2023
This are the people that overpopulates the country ....220 million in population and still counting.. nawaoooo 🙄
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2023
Jking20:

Can you tell us what's good about getting someone in marriage without any source of livelihood? Or is there any that the omit to mention there?
and who told u they don't have source of livelihood.. some of u just type nonsense cos u must comment...
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by gidgiddy: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2023
You can have a wedding, even mass wedding, but government should not pay for it

I know how much my wedding cost me and how it set me back after making huge expenses

And government is paying for someone else's wedding? Even buying them bed and donating food to them?

Incredible
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by izubext007: 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
I bet u not all of these women took their bath before coming
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Xoftme101(m): 10:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
money121:
Kano State has officiated a mass wedding ceremony for 1800 couples, funded by the state government. Most of the beneficiaries are primarily widows and divorcees.

Additionally, the state government paid almost N50,000 in dowry on behalf of each groom to their bride.

As part of the mass wedding plan, the couples were also given a bed, bedding, food, and clothes, with the couple required to repay the gifts to the state government in case of divorce. The wedding was a top campaign promise for the current governor.

— ChannelsTV
Photo Crédit: Sodiq Adelakun

See people wey dey always say na dem get Nigeria. Clowns 😁😅 make State Govt go still help dem fu** their wives too. Lazy brainwashed set, tomorrow some of dem go born bunch of terrorist full the country, well their problem so far dem keep their rubbish in that their North. But wait oo why all the North's na problem dey full am. Anything concern North, aswear big comma must dey that place or thing.
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Enemyofpeace: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
Awon enia ajepako
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by godofuck231: 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
A simlle life simple solution, some girls are waiting for a guy of 19 that has a chopper and 12 benz brands , oshii
Re: See Photos From Kano Mass Wedding Ceremony (photos) by Light78: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2023
UnfairLife7:
what makes you think you're better than single guys?

Who will take care of you when you are getting older?

You think your strength will last forever or you will be young forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu / Police Arrest Two Suspects Over Killing Of Female Student In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.