Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? (18665 Views)

Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? / Electricity: How Many Hours Of Power Do You Receive Daily? / The Official Car Of The NANS President That Costs 19 Million Naira: A Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Emma09(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
Nobody is talking about the big Elephant in the room, which is lack of electricity. This week I've spent 58,000 naira on fuel for my generator for work, that is full tank for alot of cars every week, and the car owners are complaining, what about us that need Electricity to work.

I barely get 6 hours of electricity, I tried buying solar, but the conditions are too much, turn off this, turn this on, don't use this bulb. Mehn, plus I can't turn on AC while working.

Since my work is from home I decided to buy a laptop worth 1million here on Nairaland (thanks to Nairaland) just to ease my work, atleat I get 4 hours of break in severe heated room with my laptop.

How else can someone survive in this country with this low electricity, is there any state that is better? Or is it a must I have to travel to another African country just to get simple electricity to work. My generator just went off and my fuel gone, that why I came here to rant. I'm going to buy feul at 615 naira per litre cry
Bro, Which area u dey reside? Pls relocate nah? Light is relatively stable in some areas these days. The 5k Fuel I bought in my Gen this month was only used once and it was less than 30mins before light was restored. I have never on Gen since that once. Light boku steady for my area. Na How my units dey quick finish be my fear now.

2 Likes

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by flexyrule(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I'm trying to understand what laptop you comfortably bought for 1 million naira only to come on nairaland to lament about spending 160K on generator usage monthly.

Sounds like you have the tendency to be wasteful when you can have same satisfaction from spending lesser on alternatives.

My system cost me 370K. I don't own a generator. I have a solar power pack I ordered from New Jersey at a cumulative cost of 175K. It's charged with electricity as well and can keep my gadgets and system powered for 80 hours before the next charge.

I also have a mini solar installation done at 160K that enables me use two fans and bulbs and when electricity comes on, I use my AC.

Everything listed here didn't even cost me up to the amount you wasted to buy a laptop. Sometimes you have to plan according to economic realities.
You have said everything I wanted to type.

The OP sounds like an 18 year old yahoo boy.

He bought laptop of 1m, and he is complaining of fuel of 160k per month.

Why didn't he buy a laptop of 300k, then add the 160k he used in buying fuel for one month to the balance of 700k and rent a place of 750k where the power is relatively stable,and use the balance of 10k to eat catfish pepper soup?

This nairaland has been taken over by kids, honestly.

Where I stay in Abuja... I get an average of 20 hours power supply everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Theunbothered: 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
Omihanifa:
But nowadays electricity supply has really been good in most city in nigeria.

One day you people will stop lying to yourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by frankson1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
Nobody is talking about the big Elephant in the room, which is lack of electricity. This week I've spent 58,000 naira on fuel for my generator for work, that is full tank for alot of cars every week, and the car owners are complaining, what about us that need Electricity to work.

I barely get 6 hours of electricity, I tried buying solar, but the conditions are too much, turn off this, turn this on, don't use this bulb. Mehn, plus I can't turn on AC while working.

Since my work is from home I decided to buy a laptop worth 1million here on Nairaland (thanks to Nairaland) just to ease my work, atleat I get 4 hours of break in severe heated room with my laptop.

How else can someone survive in this country with this low electricity, is there any state that is better? Or is it a must I have to travel to another African country just to get simple electricity to work. My generator just went off and my fuel gone, that why I came here to rant. I'm going to buy feul at 615 naira per litre cry

I only use generator freezer, washing machine and to iron clothes when necessary so I use less of petrol, thanks to the same 'conditioned' solar.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by kulikuli45: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Get a good engineer to carry out an energy audit for you. Solar power system can be designed to meet all your needs.

You may also consider a small diesel generator.
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Chetas81(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
seunlayi:
You still need to go back to that solar advice. Solar is the way for us all.
MEANWHILE YOUR OWN TYPE OF CITIZEN TO BELIEVE IN 24HR LIGHT, LOOK AT SINGAPORE AND NETHERLANDS, IDEA MATTER A LOT, BUT MIRACLE IS WHAT NIGERIAN CITIZEN WANT, INTELLIGENT NOT NEEDED
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Some people do spend more than that for a month. We just have to deal with it cos the power that be have seized the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by xtervaganza(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
check the state you live very well, there are areas with at least 20hrs of power supply. try to move to those places and you will cope just fine. where I stay in ph electricity cannot be your problem because the light is almost 247. four days without interruption and if it goes off in less than 20mins it back again. my ac runs almost 247 and I refill every four months.

lol what do you refill in 4 months? If it's your ac then there's a leakage somewhere. Normal ac without leakage should last no less than 3 years.

If you fill your gas every 4 months you're being scammed.

3 Likes

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Sleekfingers: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

Depends on where you reside. Here in ikeja Gra, I rarely on my generator.....18-20 hrs of electricity.
I was using solar year's back. But I had to switch back.
If it is a rented apartment. Why not change location. Are you in lagos?
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by elinaxy(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
A 10 to 15kva inverter better, quality and reliable product. 8 or 10 Tubular batteries solar panels install for your business and you're good to go
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
That's serious
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by wittywriter: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Zupay:

Na that poor electricity situation gingered me as a freelancer to leave Nigeria early 2017 for Nairobi, Kenya. Rented a bedsitter (self con) same day I arrived. bought a mattress, camp gas, 3 pots, cutleries and a bucket, used one of my mama wrapper I LLPcame with as the window curtain, the other as bedsheet...days of humble beginnings but did achieve so much there. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Electricity in Nairobi is 24/7, people don't own generators in their homes....enjoyed my 4 and half years in Kenya before moving on.

Kingbuhari:
In Dubai a single 1BHK 82k for uninterrupt power supply from Dewa

Nigeria is shit country
Kingbuhari:
I want to visit Nigeria for vacation next month but I have been thinking about it for the past 2 years now
That's a personal decision you need no advice or suggestion for...all the best !.

Wittyness
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Theunbothered: 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Godwin4444:
dont mind them

If we talk now them go say na because we support tinubu

Fixing solar that will work with AC is 430k n he can use d rest to buy system n have rest of mind

But people will decide to act stupid n later blame d government

The only thing u can’t use with a 430k solar is hot plate

Some people here just want to do stupid things n look for who to blame

Even ordinary sunking solar fan na 80k n u will use it for 12 hours comfortably

I spent less that 500k for my solar n I am good to go

We will blame them because they are collecting tax money to spend on prostitutes in New York instead of providing a basic standard of living. It's only in Nigeria that the people are happy and content with living worse than farm animals. angry
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by elinaxy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Omihanifa:
But nowadays electricity supply has really been good in most city in nigeria.
you're right, I can testify we have 80percent stable electricity nowadays
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by xtervaganza(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I'm trying to understand what laptop you comfortably bought for 1 million naira only to come on nairaland to lament about spending 160K on generator usage monthly.

Sounds like you have the tendency to be wasteful when you can have same satisfaction from spending lesser on alternatives.

My system cost me 370K. I don't own a generator. I have a solar power pack I ordered from New Jersey at a cumulative cost of 175K. It's charged with electricity as well and can keep my gadgets and system powered for 80 hours before the next charge.

I also have a mini solar installation done at 160K that enables me use two fans and bulbs and when electricity comes on, I use my AC.

Everything listed here didn't even cost me up to the amount you wasted to buy a laptop. Sometimes you have to plan according to economic realities.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by WantsandMore: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

I understand your frustration and pov but you've to learn to consciously manage your finances, Solar doesn't necessarily mean you've to go big. 30watts panel and 12volts 16inch fan can go a long way with a backup battery for when your laptop goes low all on a less than 200k budget

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by NaijaCover(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Seankhalifa: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
u never get the update?.. try gas
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
Theunbothered:

It's mynd44 you should ask this sort of question.

Him and his fellow APC supporting mods turned this site into their personal propaganda arm and are now dropping excuses for why we deserve to suffer from Buhari and now Tinubu's foolishness.

I don't like Tinubu but not everything has to be a basis for toxic politics.

Nigeria's electricity woes predate even Goodluck Jonathan's government and any objective mind can even posit that the situation has seen marked improvements to a reasonable extent.

To be quite candid, most of the states and areas without decent electricity are as a result of transmission inhibitions at the States level, but we're all clearly not ready for this conversation yet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Nolevel666: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
EMILO2STAY:
check the state you live very well, there are areas with at least 20hrs of power supply. try to move to those places and you will cope just fine. where I stay in ph electricity cannot be your problem because the light is almost 247. four days without interruption and if it goes off in less than 20mins it back again. my ac runs almost 247 and I refill every four months.

Wetin you day refill oga angry

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Chetas81(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
SOME NIGERIAN CITIZEN BELIEVE THAT, WHAT IS GOING ON IN NIGERIA IS NATURAL, BUT LACK OF IDEA AND INTELLIGENCE,IS THE MAJOR CHALLENGE, MIRACLE CANNOT GIVE YOU ELECTRICITY, MAGIC CANNOT GIVE YOU PRODUCTION OF ANY KIND,NO BAD CITIZEN, NO BAD LEADERSHIP, WE'RE NOT ANGEL'S
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by SunMusk(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
I think this light thing is relative, we almost get 24 hr light every day in this Estate staying in Lagos mainland close to Egbeda .... Rent 800k for two bedroom. Why some places still have issues of transformer. We spend 48k a month on electricity, two Ac, fans fridges and others. So try and change location.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Theunbothered: 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I don't like Tinubu but not everything has to be a basis for toxic politics.

Nigeria's electricity woes predate even Goodluck Jonathan's government and any objective mind can even posit that the situation has seen marked improvements to a reasonable extent.

To be quite candid, most of the states and areas without decent electricity are as a result of transmission inhibitions at the States level, but we're all clearly not ready for this conversation yet.

I'm sorry but this sort of hollow response will no longer be tolerated from me, I'm done playing nice.

The previous government was given 8 bloody years to make things better or at least keep things the same but they keep getting worse with no end in sight.

After running for president since 2003, Buhari gained office and did NOTHING for 8 years. His greatest achievement with power is buying some useless transformers from Siemens that we can't even use.

His main priority during that 8 years looking out for the welfare of foreigners and their cows while his underlings plundered the excess crude account.

If I vote a politician in the hopes that they do better I will not clap for them and lambast my fellow citizens when they fail because I AM NOT MAD

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Allikola(m): 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

Contact ALLIKOLA for Biogas (08031505760)
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Kobicove(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:
just to add more, to my reply, I have a desktop which requires 600watts to run. 600watts. Plus my laptop, I'm not yet talking about my monitor that requires 175 watts to run. I have two monitor's.

Why do you need so many monitors? Are you a forex trader?
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by gabbasin: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
This regime need to make constant electricity a top priority, electricity should be made available 24/7. I don't see the reason I shouldn't have power supply anytime I need it. It's hurting having to be buying petrol at this rate to power our home and business, every regime since the beginning of this republic as far as power supply is concerned is a disaster, from Obasanjo to Buhari, I hope Tinubu will not end up like his predecessors
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by lanre9ja(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Omihanifa:
But nowadays electricity supply has really been good in most city in nigeria. Even trenches for abuja dey enjoy more than 12hours of electricity supply

I can say yes to that
Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
gameova:
Good morning sir. Pls can you help me out with any amount for foodstuffs please. Hunger pangs is really biting cry

Any small opportunity, Una don turn am to begging Carnival.......oga, go find something do....are you better than those guys doing Kaya, in the market? Look for restaurant in your area and start washing plates you go see money chop....
And stop being an online Almajiri

6 Likes

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by Kobicove(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nolevel666:

Wetin you day refill oga angry

I'm also wondering the same grin

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by sulaak(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheOldGods:

The big Elephant in the room is why Nigeria cannot produce toothpicks. The lack of reliable electricity and poor road network is the reason why despite 8 years of banning foreign imports, Nigeria cannot industrialized and produce what it consume.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? by opicgif: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
EMILO2STAY:

which area do you stay in ph?
would like to move there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

114billion Naira!: Ngige Faults Jonathan On 2nd Niger Bridge / Buhari At Federal Executive Council Meeting Today (Photos) / President Buhari Reacts To Sen. Okpozo's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.