Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 (1929 Views)

Promised Land (land Of Canaan) Is Not Where You Think It Is / The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel / The Mistake Of Israel/israelites Versus The Mistake Of The Church/christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

Genesis 22.13
Maybe I should read the book critically b4 calling it a myth.

13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”
This are Jewish books, reading them in their original language is the best.
It says Adonai.

Have you heard of the yahwist?

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

With this kind of response, I will never indulge myself discussing with you again.

Thanks for your time and efforts. Have a nice day

U will do well to mind your business and not put mouth in what u know nothing about
Did u reprimand your fellow atheist degrading response...no. hypocrite.

I will call u out if u declare my faith a myth because it's not. Your response is irrelevant.
Maybe if other Christians do justice I will let u be.
because I'm neither obsessed with the nairaland nor anybody here.
Unlike your fellow atheist who has turned himself into a pest and cant breathe without calling my name or insulting it.
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

I will call u out if u declare my faith a myth because it's not.
But it's a myth of the Jewish people, every tribe has one.

Your creator Yahweh is a literal motherfu..cker. you know He took his father wife, Asheerah.

If not for indoctrination, why will a god that create everything pick a particular tribe he created and helping them to fight against other tribes he also created.
Think.

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

Abraham worshiped Yahweh... Lol

Let us focus on the subject here please

What did Hebrew interlinear say....

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
[sup][/sup]
SIRTee15:

Ieue, Jupiter.

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

So did the patriarch called God by his real name YAHWEH.
Well let's check what the Masoretic text says.
First is God calling himself YAHWEH to Abraham and Abraham responded with same name.

I do hope u know what it means when God is written as LORD in the bible.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

So did the patriarch called God by his real name YAHWEH.
Well let's check what the Masoretic text says.
First is God calling himself YAHWEH to Abraham and Abraham responded with same name.

I do have u know what it means when God is written as LORD in the bible.
What's lord god in Hebrew?
There's difference between Adon and Adonai.

That genesis 22:14 reads Adonai, later interpolation changed it.

Have you read the jawhist?

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

In the original text not the VERSIONS you have now, Abraham killed his son.

Do you really think an "angel" appeared and offered a sheep to someone?
Is the delusion that deep?
https://www.timesofisrael.com/when-abraham-murdered-isaac/amp/

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

Even Abraham's servant, Isaac, Jacob and Laban knew the name of God as YAHWEH.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

Even Abraham's servant, Isaac, Jacob and Laban knew the name of God as YAHWEH.
Of coursez, Yahweh portion is Jacob's.

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
So now that we know the patriarch in Genesis called God by the name YAHWEH.
Can any atheist produce a real evidence that proves YAHWEH is a desert God.
Thank you.

cc
FOLYKAZE

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:
So now that we know the patriarch in Genesis called God by the name YAHWEH.
Can any atheist produce a real evidence that YAHWEH proves YAHWEH is a desert God.
Thank you.

cc
FOLYKAZE
The first mention of a person bearing the name "Yahweh" is Moses mother who was born in Goshen, outskirt of Egypt.

Who is the god of shem?
Have you ever seen Yahweh call himself call of shem?

He is the god of the Israelites, he made a convenant with Abraham after he sacrifice his child.
The Jewish book is about this god, that's why they are praising him.

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

Genesis 22.13
Maybe I should read the book critically b4 calling it a myth.

13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

Who then is lying in this verse below?

Exodus 6:3:
“And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El Shaddai, and by my name YHWH I was not known to them.”

Yahweh or the author of Bible?
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

This very does not in anyway point Yahweh as the son of God.

You need to try harder and find the verse justifying the claims you alluded to.

Even if the Bible have been diluted today, is it that you don't know the meaning of inheritance?

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

U will do well to mind your business and not put mouth in what u know nothing about
Did u reprimand your fellow atheist degrading response...no. hypocrite.

I will call u out if u declare my faith a myth because it's not. Your response is irrelevant.
Maybe if other Christians do justice I will let u be.
because I'm neither obsessed with the nairaland nor anybody here.
Unlike your fellow atheist who has turned himself into a pest and cant breathe without calling my name or insulting it.

You came for war.

Enjoy it then

Bye bye
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

Maybe is not certainty. An illness there isn't same as devolution into a goat. In Daniel, the subject is Nebuchadnezzar, not Nabonidus.

Quit all these fruitless revisionism

I told u I'm not here to discuss theology. I'm here to discuss the old testament as the history of the Jews.

So how we handle history? Swallowing it hook, line and sinker because someone wrote it down or rejecting it outright because we don't agree with it?

The bible is an invaluable and incredible historic evidence not only for faithfuls but also historians.

All works of ancient history are neither entirely factual nor entirely made up.
That's why your myth theory claim can't fly, it will fall flat when scrutinized.

By looking at details in history book and comparing with independent sources, as we do for the Jewish exile and return here, we do have a good chance of figuring out what is historically correct and what is later theological interpretation.

That's how u handle history. Not just calling it myth up and down because it doesn't agree with your bias perspective.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:

The bible is an invaluable and incredible historic evidence not only for faithfuls but also historians.

Mention one historian that uses "bible" as a reference. Just one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQtkTuftT8E?si=sUrpb6ul64PhH42o
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by FxMasterz: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

Even if the Bible have been diluted today, is it that you don't know the meaning of inheritance?

Which Bible has been diluted? The Christian Bible or the Jewish Tanakh? When was it diluted?

We Christians don't have issues with the inheritance matter. It's fully explained in scripture.

What we have issue with is your assertion that "Yahweh was one of the sons of El according to the Bible." You must prove this beyond reasonable doubt.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
FxMasterz:

What we have issue with is your assertion that Yahweh was one of the sons of El according to the Bible. You must prove this beyond reasonable doubt.

Mental psychosis. It's not your fault.
Isra-EL

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Someone is using modern biblical scholars guess work and assumptions as evidence that Abraham didn't call God YAHWEH.
HAHAHA. I can't laugh loud.
Even Bart Erhman admits bible critics are not historians.
You have to do better. Bring real evidence or let's call it a day.

Good debating FOLYKAZE. seems you have some substance, at least he knows his stuff even if they are clouded with assumption most times. He should learn to be more open minded.

As for the usual nuisance, I've forgiven u. U can start mentioning me now, but learn to understand when someone doesn't want to talk to u. Nairaland isn't real life, dont kill yourself here.

My advice to all atheist: see the bible as a historical document. It will help shape your theological thinking.
Then maybe we can discuss theology, an area that gives u guys better advantage.

Dismissing the bible as a myth is only going to expose u as shallow and a wannabe . Ur arguments will fall flat when debated because it can't stand real test of scrutiny.
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by StudyEagles(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
Free Bible Study Lessons in PDF

They feature discussion questions and weekly chapter studies.

These printable Bible study lessons are offered freely for your use.

We only ask that you never sell them; but rather that you would use them to glorify God by learning yourself or teaching others.

Check them out

https://studyeagles.com/30-best-free-bible-study-guides-pdf/

https://studyeagles.com/free-bible-study-lessons-for-adults-with-questions-and-answers/

https://studyeagles.com/best-10-christian-universities-in-the-uk-for-all-students/

https://studyeagles.com/christian-mysticism-find-answers-to-all-your-questions/

We believe that God tells us in Scripture that we have received freely and we are therefore to freely give. In Matthew Chapter 10, verse 8, Jesus tells his disciples that they are to give freely because they had received freely.

In chapter eleven of his second epistle to the Corinthians the Apostle Paul states in verse seven that he humbled or abased himself and freely preached the Gospel so that the Corinthians might be exalted or honored.

We pray that you are honored and blessed by these Bible study lessons offered here for your use. We also request that you share the Word of God with others.

We will update this page as often as possible with more free printable bible study lessons. May God bless you as you study his holy Word!
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
SIRTee15:
Someone is using modern [b]biblical scholars guess work and assumptions [/b]as evidence that Abraham didn't call God YAHWEH.
HAHAHA. I can't laugh loud.
Even Bart Erhman admits bible critics are not historians.
You have to do better. Bring real evidence or let's call it a day.

Good debating FOLYKAZE. seems you have some substance, at least he knows his stuff even if they are clouded with assumption most times. He should learn to be more open minded.

As for the usual nuisance, I've forgiven u. U can start mentioning me now, but learn to understand when someone doesn't want to talk to u. Nairaland isn't real life, dont kill yourself here.

My advice to all atheist: see the bible as a historical document. It will help shape your theological thinking.
Then maybe we can discuss theology, an area that gives u guys better advantage.

Dismissing the bible as a myth is only going to expose u as shallow and a wannabe . Ur arguments will fall flat when debated because it can't stand real test of scrutiny.
When you are done deluding yourself you will check the Jawhist source, Yahweh worshipper grin

Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by bobestman(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
A barren and an unfruitful land developed by science. It is against the biblical promised land which was said to flow with milk and honey. The spies who went to survey the true land of Isreal tested the fruits and confirmed it was good. The topography of the land is also against the biblical description. They claim they were restored in 1948 but in Isaiah 11 that speaks of their Restoration, the Messiah will be the one to restore them and later rule as their king. True Isreal are till this day scattered to the 4 corners of the earth and yet to be restored. Isrealis also practice deep witchcraft but many don't know. Guys the land of Isrealis - Isreal wannabe is a fake land!
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by SIRTee15: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2023
FOLYKAZE:

Who then is lying in this verse below?

Exodus 6:3:
“And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El Shaddai, and by my name YHWH I was not known to them.”

Yahweh or the author of Bible?

I answered it in a previous thread.
Check the answer here

https://www.nairaland.com/7580234/why-jews-kill-messiah/7#123950383

Here is an excerpt that's relevant to your question

An example of this could be seen in the book of Samuel where the boy Samuel served on the temple of the LORD and found favour in his site, but was written that the boy Samuel didn't know the Lord when God called him.

Then Elkanah went home to Ramah, but the boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli the priest. 1 Samuel 2.11

And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people. 1 Samuel 2.26

Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD
: The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him. 1 Samuel 3.7
Re: How Was The Land Of Israel Before 1948 by Maynman: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2023
SIRTee15:

Here is an excerpt that's relevant to your question

An example of this could be seen in the book of Samuel where the boy Samuel served on the temple of the LORD and found favour in his site, but was written that the boy Samuel didn't know the Lord when God called him.

Then Elkanah went home to Ramah, but the boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli the priest. 1 Samuel 2.11

And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people. 1 Samuel 2.26

Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD
: The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him. 1 Samuel 3.7
SamuEl name literally Contains EL.
SamuEl father name, Elkanah, literally Contains EL.

1 Samuel 2.26 did NOT say that "Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD NAME."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Faith Healing Fails as Usual / Knowing God's Doings,his Way's And God Himself. / What Do You Understand By Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.