Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah (3511 Views)

This Is Why Every Muslim Should Accept Jesus As Their Messiah. / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
bobestman:
you have nothing to say than to be changing things i say. Go and rest kiddo.
I still have more chains for you and your father in “heaven, you this cursed empty vessel.
Go and tighten your slavery chains more, slave.

1 Like

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by bobestman(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

I still have more chains for you, you this cursed empty vessel.
Go and tighten your slavery chains more, slave.
go sleep. You will be alright. You will know that GOD exist thru me
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
bobestman:
go sleep. You will be alright. You will know that GOD exist thru me

Go and tighten your chains slave, that’s all you are worth.
You’ll know the origin of your gods that made you a slave through me.

1 Like

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman, all you do is copy and paste and screen shot from Wikipedia without proper understanding. I have been following this conversation..,it leaves little to be desired from you..

All you do is jump in, without even trying to understand anything. Then you go off tangent to post a screen shot from Google without even trying to read the whole article...

You won't learn like that.

Just my candid advice...
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
The Torah is still about The two brothers Enki and Enlil. The only difference is who is telling the story....The Elohim is divided into two sides, the right side which comprises of Enlil, his sons and daughters and the left side which is Enlil, his sons and daughters...
The Baals and Asherahs are the sons and daughters of Enlil. They where in charge or kings and queens over those cities...
So try to read and understand first...you might not need to argue blindly...
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:
Maynman, all you do is copy and paste and screen shot from Wikipedia without proper understanding. I have been following this conversation..,it leaves little to be desired from you..

All you do is jump in, without even trying to understand anything. Then you go off tangent to post a screen shot from Google without even trying to read the whole article...

You won't learn like that.

Just my candid advice...

All you do is assume on ignorance with no references. You have no facts or evidences to your jargons.
You lack knowledge on this topic and instead of you to sit down and learn you’ll be throwing tantrums.

Do you think tanakh is an history book?
Do you think the book of isiah was written in one century?
Do you think book of Isaiah was written by “isiah”.

Before you make assumptions, try to have knowledge on it, not everyone is an illiterate like you.

My candid advice.

This is your cyrus story that you’ve been basing your life on without proper knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by sonmvayina(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Maynman:

All you do is assume on ignorance with no references. You have no facts or evidences to your jargons.
You lack knowledge on this topic and instead of you to sit down and learn you’ll be throwing tantrums.

Do you think tanakh is an history book?
Do you think the book of isiah was written in one century?
Do you think book of Isaiah was written by “isiah”.

Before you make assumptions, try to have knowledge on it, not everyone is an illiterate like you.

My candid advice.

This is your cyrus story that you’ve been basing your life on without proper knowledge.

You see what I mean...

Which point have you made now?
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:
The Torah is still about The two brothers Enki and Enlil. The only difference is who is telling the story....The Elohim is divided into two sides, the right side which comprises of Enlil, his sons and daughters and the left side which is Enlil, his sons and daughters...
The Baals and Asherahs are the sons and daughters of Enlil. They where in charge or kings and queens over those cities...
Elohim simply means gods. Elohim and allah means same thing.
The father of all gods(elohim) is El
Why not drop references, you are spitting jargons with nothing to back it up.

It’s you that should do your research and stop saying utter jargons!
I’m not an illiterate like you, come at me with facts and stop running your mouth saying jargons!
It’s tiring, post one reference from a scholar or website or book that agrees with any of what you say.

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:

You see what I mean...

Which point have you made now?

You can’t understand because you lack the knowledge.
That particular isiah verse you are quoting on cyrus, who wrote it? In what century?
You are empty!

Read and save yourself from ignorance.
Man i Assure you that you know nothing of this topic.

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Maynman: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonmvayina:
Instead of talking and talking.
Just post one reference that aligns with all these jargons. Just ONE reference that agree with any of the things you said here, just ONE! Just ONE ☝️

How can someone be so empty yet proud to learn, you sit down in your house and start assuming jargons posting it on here.

Shut me up by posting one reference from any scholar or book or website or youtube videos, please.

Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by SIRTee15: 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's a pity this thread was distracted by guys who have no business being here in the first place.
TenQ question remain valid. Muslims should come and tell us why Jews would kill their messiah and even gloat about it.
This isnt about whether christ was crucified or Jesus is the true Messiah.
The question is why did the Jews killed their Messiah and gloated over it
If possible TenQ can u do open a new thread on this topic and warn distractors to stay off.
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by TenQ: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
SIRTee15:
It's a pity this thread was distracted by guys who have no business being here in the first place.
TenQ question remain valid. Muslims should come and tell us why Jews would kill their messiah and even gloat about it.
This isnt about whether christ was crucified or Jesus is the true Messiah.
The question is why did the Jews killed their Messiah and gloated over it
If possible TenQ can u do open a new thread on this topic and warn distractors to stay off.
It is not strange that Muslims were more comfortable with distracting the thread because they know that they have no answer. It was an ERROR of statement by Allah aka Mohammed.

We all know that the Jews would NEVER call Jesus the Messiah!
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by SIRTee15: 7:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
LegalWolf:

To answer your question directly, I am CERTAIN that ABRAHAM never heard the word Yhwh - but he was a prophet of Israel. Same with his son and grandson. So that ends the debate there, irrespective of whether these people came before Moses or Not.

Now that is for Biblical record, do you know that there are archeological and historical evidence to show that Yhwh was indeed one of the gods of canaan?

Now this is a response to LegalWolf

Abraham knew God as Yahweh.

God called his name to Abraham in Gen 15.7

God also said to Abram“I am the LORD, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to take possession of it.”

After God provided a ram for Abraham to sacrifice (instead of his son, Isaac) on Mount Moriah, Genesis 22:14 says, “Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh- The LORD will provide. As it is said to this day, in the mount of Jehovah it shall be provided”

Jacob also called God Yahweh in Gen 27.20
“How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son? And he said, because The LORD your God sent me good speed”

Here we can see both Abraham and Jacob mentioned the name YAHWEH.
Thus we can conclude God revealed himself to Israelites patriarch as Yahweh.

So is exodus 6.3 a contradiction for saying God did not reveal his name to the patriarch.
No, it's simply the etymology of the ancient Hebrew language and the way it's used in expressed language.

NIV explained it better..
God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them.

Divine revelation is progressive. God did not make himself fully known to a people at a certain period of time. That's why the triune nature of God wasn't fully revealed in the old testament.

Knowing someone by name is different from knowing him in essence and experience.

God called Abraham out of Ur, a sumerian civilisation that was strongly pagan and polytheistic. With such cultural background, it was going to be difficult for Abraham to fully comprehend God.
Laban, Abraham's grand nephew kept idols despite his acknowledgement of God Almighty. Gen 31.29

Gen 31.53 is evidence Abraham knew God before he called him, but the full knowledge and revelation wasn't given to him but passed over to his generation. He was given the covenant but wasn't fulfilled during the lifetime of the patriarch.
Abraham caught but a glimmer of reality when the infinite I AM brought him from Ur of the Chaldeans. For Abraham, God was indeed the Almighty provider and sustainer, though the promises God made to Abraham remained largely unfulfilled.
Moses, however, experienced the glorious revelation of Yahweh, the eternal “I AM that I AM” in a progressively greater and more intimate way, culminating in the awesome Exodus out of Egypt.
That was the message God conveyed to Moses on Ex 6.3

An example of this could be seen in the book of Samuel where the boy Samuel served on the temple of the LORD and found favour in his site, but was written that the boy Samuel didn't know the Lord when God called him.

Then Elkanah went home to Ramah, but the boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli the priest. [/i]1 Samuel 2.11

[i]And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people. [/i]1 Samuel 2.26

[i] Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD: The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.
1 Samuel 3.7
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by SIRTee15: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
LegalWolf:

To answer your question directly, I am CERTAIN that ABRAHAM never heard the word Yhwh - but he was a prophet of Israel. Same with his son and grandson. So that ends the debate there, irrespective of whether these people came before Moses or Not.

Now that is for Biblical record, do you know that there are archeological and historical evidence to show that Yhwh was indeed one of the gods of canaan?

Now that we know the Abraham called God Almighty by his name Yahweh, the big question is why didn't God reveal his personal name to Mohammed.
Yahweh isnt a Hebrew word. Abraham spoke an ancient Semitic language but called God Yahweh, so u can't hide under Hebrew language as excuse.

The Hebrew word for God is Elohim. It's simply a literal meaning for deity which can be used for any of the following: God, god, gods, man-god.

In Exodus 7.1 God said to Moses, "See I have made you like a God to Pharaoh".
Does that mean Moses is God and can be equated to Allah?

Elohim is used fluidly in ancient Hebrew language as u see above so I really wonder if that's the right name u want to link with your Allah.

In fact, lexical wise, the elohim word is plural and not singular, so if u want to associate Elohim with Allah, then welcome to trinity.
There's a reason why your Islamic scholars are trying hard not to associate Allah with Elohim but pin him with Yahweh.

Finally your argument of yahweh being a Canaanite god holds no water.
The same goes for Elohim derived from El who is regarded as the supreme god of the ancient Canaanite religion and the supreme god of East Semitic speakers in Mesopotamia's Early Dynastic Period.
So if u want to throw away Yahweh because of its association with paganism, u can as well do the same for Elohim.

People had been calling the name of Yahweh since the days of Seth, Adam's son.
So I really don't understand why Muhammed will claim he spoke to God but couldn't tell us his personal name.
When u look at this claim with objective reasoning, it makes no sense.
The whole set up looks like a scam...nothing personal, just my honest opinion.
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by SIRTee15: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
TenQ:

It is not strange that Muslims were more comfortable with distracting the thread because they know that they have no answer. It was an ERROR of statement by Allah aka Mohammed.

We all know that the Jews would NEVER call Jesus the Messiah!

Mohammed thought Jesus' surname was Messiah.
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by TenQ: 5:17am On Jun 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

Mohammed thought Jesus' surname was Messiah.
LOL!
He was totally clueless to who the Messiah is.
He's a 419. He was just concerned about money and sex to worry about the meanitof such details!
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02am On Jun 22, 2023
Maynman:

Messiah means the anointed one, and it has to be anointed with LITERALLY OIL, there are many messiahs in the tanakh.

This is true!

Messiah means anointed one but unlike all the other anointed people in Israel who anointed Jesus of Nazareth?

Secondly there are two types of anointing:

Anointing of a King, all Israelite kings must be anointed by God's representative.

Anointing of the High Priest, all high priests in Israel must be anointed the same way Aaron (the first Israelites High Priest) was anointed.

So who anointed Jesus and for what purpose?
As a King or as the High Priest?

That is what made his anointing extraordinary and he told his listeners that even though John the baptist was the greatest of all men born of women (meaning excluding Adam) his disciples will be greater than John the baptist.

WHY?

Because they will be anointed the same way Jesus was anointed: through the Holy Spirit!
Re: Why Would The Jews Kill Their Messiah by Benfaco: 9:27am On Jun 22, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cobwebs Attacks : It's No Joke.your Life May Be Miserable For Long / How Christians Pray / What Language Will We Speak In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.