Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Shortcomings Of Organized Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shortcomings Of Organized Religion (90 Views)

What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? / Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses / Organized Religion A Tool Of Control And Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shortcomings Of Organized Religion by Kalatium(m): 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
From the time I was in pre-school all the way up until recently I had been an avid supporter of organized religion and Christianity. Then, after an experience being involved with a ‘cult-like’ church the idea of being involved with organized religion left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Now, I consider myself more ‘spiritual’ than ‘religious.’ I still believe that spirituality, and even organized religion, does its job in those instances when they help men and women reduce their violent tendencies, when they discourage men and women from giving in to the temptation to engage in criminal and illegal activities, and just generally when they encourage men and women to treat their fellow human beings with a higher degree of respect, objectivity, love, and empathy.

There are many religious sermons expressed by ministers, reverends, pastors, and other church leaders that primarily focus on the idea of getting married, and remaining faithfully monogamous to your spouse until the day you pass away.

(1) (Reply)

Solution Encounters / Triggers / Apostle Itodje Ministry: Overcoming Evil Burdens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.