Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? (863 Views)

Shortcomings Of Organized Religion / Organized Religion A Tool Of Control And Manipulation / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 3:04am On Jun 11, 2023
DEEP SADNESS
You'd rather be honest than make them happy. They used to be your friends, and pals... now in their eyes, you have fallen for the enemy. Any interaction with you might be dangerous to their faith. They have doubts too, after all. But they'd rather hold on to what they fear. You kinda miss the meetings and organizations, the friendship and support that was always available.

This was the toughest for me to deal with. I had to learn to find groups of similar interests (gaming, tech, food). Me best friend is a Christian minister grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by vdestro: 5:52am On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:
DEEP SADNESS
You'd rather be honest than make them happy. They used to be your friends, and pals... now in their eyes, you have fallen for the enemy. Any interaction with you might be dangerous to their faith. They have doubts too, after all. But they'd rather hold on to what they fear. You kinda miss the meetings and organizations, the friendship and support that was always available.

This was the toughest for me to deal with. I had to learn to find groups of similar interests (gaming, tech, food). Me best friend is a Christian minister grin.

You were a frenemy before, but when you openly declare that you love devil, then you have to be a full fledged enemy.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:12am On Jun 11, 2023
If truthfully you've LEFT something i believe you shouldn't be found anywhere close to that thing but here you are always on the religion section of a forum that's full of different sections when you could actually be chatting with others on gaming, tech and food without having anything to do with religionists! undecided
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 7:00am On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
If truthfully you've LEFT something i believe you shouldn't be found anywhere close to that thing but here you are always on the religion section of a forum that's full of different sections when you could actually be chatting with others on gaming, tech and food without having anything to do with religionists! undecided
Those clowns and atheists have a big gap in their soul. They are only living in denial. Always roaming about in the religious section.

2 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07am On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:

Those clowns and atheists have a big gap in their soul. They are only living in denial. Always roaming about in the religious section.

The Bible said it all!

In the last days people will be hungry and thirsty for God's word {Amos 8:11} that's why many are found on the religion section of this forum, what really baffles me is how someone with working brains could say he has left religion yet always found in the religion section of a forum that has lots of sections he could be chatting with others like himself!
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible said it all!

In the last days people will be hungry and thirsty for God's word {Amos 8:11} that's why many are found on the religion section of this forum, what really baffles me is how someone with working brains could say he has left religion yet always found in the religion section of a forum that has lots of sections he could be chatting with others like himself!

Should all Christians leave the tech section too? For someone talking about working brains, you really need to examine your statements mentally and logically before dropping them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Should all Christians leave the tech section too? For someone talking about working brains, you really need to examine your statements mentally and logically before dropping them.
Crazy man. So cold these motherfuckers.. it's all about winning for them.. every thread is a battle to win souls...they barely care about the human.
. Very Christ like.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2023
vdestro:

You were a frenemy before, but when you openly declare that you love devil, then you have to be a full fledged enemy.
Exactly. Your brain can't see the world beyond black and white. If I ain't for you, I must be against you. It's such cult-like thinking I'm ever grateful I broke out from.

Happy Sunday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You'd find most atheists this forum here. There's no section dedicated to Philosophy... This is the closest we have to it.

So you'd see us here, not just for your religion, but for all religions.. Nigerian being so Christian and Muslim, most atheists here will come from such backgrounds. What should we criticize? amadioha who rarely features in government buildings?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by LordReed(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:

LoLz. Why does it pain you so much though. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by vdestro: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

Exactly. Your brain can't see the world beyond black and white. If I ain't for you, I must be against you. It's such cult-like thinking I'm ever grateful I broke out from.

Happy Sunday.

Those whom we called friends/family claiming Godfearing have already shown that they are devils, is it now you who hates God? If i already run from those fake Godfearing people, is it now you that i will allow close? Sheep no dey stay where alligator dey.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

You'd find most atheists this forum here. There's no section dedicated to Philosophy... This is the closest we have to it.

So you'd see us here, not just for your religion, but for all religions.. Nigerian being so Christian and Muslim, most atheist here will come from such backgrounds. What should we criticize? amadioha who rarely features in government buildings?

All you guys should do is ask for a section that will be titled PHILOSOPHY after all Muslims asked for such i don't know why you guys can't ask for something similar if you don't really want to have anything to do with religion! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

All you guys should do is ask for a section that will be titled PHILOSOPHY after all Muslims asked for such i don't know why you guys can't ask for something similar if you don't really want to have anything to do with religion! smiley
I see. Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by HappyPagan: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
vdestro:

Those whom we called friends/family claiming Godfearing have already shown that they are devils, is it now you who hates God? If i already run from those fake Godfearing people, is it now you that i will allow close? Sheep no dey stay where alligator dey.
Na only people wey you like wey be good people. You must think you are the center of your world, and others.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

I see. Thanks for your contribution.

You're welcome! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by mumumugu(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
Join group of critical thinkers
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:
DEEP SADNESS

Now that you've been strengthened, it is your responsibility to strengthen your brothers.

If you kept quiet, then you are evil.
If you've been into a form of dark hole before and you've been saved. It is only right for you to help others from falling into it.

Discoveries are not meant to be kept to oneself, you should share it with as many as possible.

Imagine if Albert Einstein had kept E=MCยฒ to himself. That would be wickedness.

The same way these religionists won't allow us rest even early in the morning, at motor parks, at our places of work.

You've been charged with the same assignment.

As you've been emancipated from evil.
May you never return to evil.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible said it all!

There is no "Non-Religious" section on Nairaland.
The religion section is for both the Religious and the Non Religious.
Likewise I can't really wrap my head around how many who say they were once drunkards , prostitutes or armed robbers also target their message of salvation to the sect that they've left behind.

You see, what's good for Greece is also sauce for Uganda.

1 Like

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by FRANCISTOWN: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:

So you'd see us here, not just for your religion, but for all religions.. Nigerian being so Christian and Muslim, most atheists here will come from such backgrounds. What should we criticize? amadioha who rarely features in government buildings?

A wave of huge revolution is coming where we will make many know that this God thing is not working
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Lame comment. Is christianity against science? You Nigerian atheists have low IQ.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

A wave of huge revolution is coming where we will make many know that this God thing is not working
You guys love delusion. How many atheists are in your own village? You dey shout revolution.
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

There is no "Non-Religious" section on Nairaland. The religion section is for both the Religious and the Non Religious.
Likewise I can't really wrap my head around how many who say they were once drunkards , prostitutes or armed robbers also target their message of salvation to the sect that they've left behind. You see, what's good for Greece is also sauce for Uganda.

แปŒmแป they have a reason calling those who still live debased lives because the God they believe ordered them to speak with others and make disciples {Matthew 28:18-20} so they're hoping to be repaid for what they're doing. Hebrews 11:6
But what reason does atheists have coming to the religious section if not hypothetically returning to what they claim they've left behind?
Well let me show you why atheists are always here:
The true God foretold a time when humans will feel like something is wrong with what their fellow man believes {Malachi 3:16} some like you will only wish to argue preferring no solution while God's servants will continue to give you a reason to believe in the solution God foretold {Malachi 3:18} of course atheism will outsmart people like you who aren't worshipers of the true God in the first place but before any school of thought we will prove that we are of higher intelligence! Isaiah 54:17

You should have noticed how difficult it is to beat JWs when it comes to power of reasoning because we will calmly show you the truth about faith which you never knew when you were still with the churches of Christendom! smiley
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:
Lame comment. Is christianity against science? You Nigerian atheists have low IQ.

If you had a single intelligent neuron in your head, you would realise that Christianity has been fighting science since the days of Copernicus and Galileo.

But look what we have here, the typical ignorant, uninformed, dumbass, delusional Nigerian Christian.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by TookDownYourMum: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:

If you lived in the US or remotely stayed up to date with news about the US, I would say yes. Yes they are against Science. Here are some examples of what Right Wing Christians think about Science.

Climate Change? Hoax
Covid-19? Hoax
Vaccines? Cause autism or nutjob conspiracy theory microchip
etc

You wonder why atheists call Christians idiots because it is mostly Christians peddling this dumb crap about things they dont understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

If you had a single intelligent neuron in your head, you would realise that Christianity has been fighting science since the days of Copernicus and Galileo.

But look what we have here, the typical ignorant, uninformed, dumbass, delusional Nigerian Christian.
If you had a single brain cell, you would have known that Christians were into farming before any atheist was known. Agricultural science is part of science!

The opinion of Catholic church is not superior to the bible
Low IQ Nigerian atheists!
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:

If you had a single brain cell, you would have known that Christians were into farming before any atheist was known. Agricultural science is part of science!

The opinion of Catholic church is not superior to the bible
Low IQ Nigerian atheists!

Christian were into farming before... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Are you really this dumb and uneducated? The agricultural revolution happened thousands of years before the first Christian walked this Earth and was discovered by people. The people who didn't believe in any gods (you know... Atheists). Uneducated literate. Atheism predates most religions not to talk about a baby religion like Christianity.

Who burnt scientific books in the middle ages? Who persecuted scientists?

Bro keep showing how ignorant you are. I'll be here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

If you lived in the US or remotely stayed up to date with news about the US, I would say yes. Yes they are against Science. Here are some examples of what Right Wing Christians think about Science.

Climate Change? Hoax
Covid-19? Hoax
Vaccines? Cause autism or nutjob conspiracy theory microchip
etc

You wonder why atheists call Christians idiots because it is mostly Christians peddling this dumb crap about things they dont understand.
Agriculture is part of science. We have many Christian farmers.
Medicine is part of science. We have many Christian doctors.

Nigerian atheists and their low IQ!
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by budaatum: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
HappyPagan:
DEEP SADNESS

This sounds more like if you leave a cult or if the judgement of others mattered to you, which kind of makes me wonder if those you left behind were your gods or if on your leaving you were asking them to leave with you.

I'm going to a funeral on Tuesday. A very nice member of a church I once went to died and I am going to pay my respects. It's Church of England where atheists and gay people can be priests so I guess it might not be the sort of church you left. I was an atheist before I started going there, and stayed because we were feeding the poor and teaching the local non-indigenes who were mostly Muslims to speak and write English. And yes, some of us did resist the attempts of others to shove belief down their throats in disguise. Feeding the poor was 'Jesus' enough for most of us.

Experiences differ, is my point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by jmoore(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
[quote author=atheistandproud post=123725359]
Christian were into farming before...
Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by TookDownYourMum: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Christian were into farming before... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Are you really this dumb and uneducated? The agricultural revolution have thousands of years before the first Christian walked this Earth. The people who didn't believe in any gods (you know... Atheists). Uneducated literate. Atheist predates most religions not to talk about a baby religion like Christianity.

Who burnt scientific books in the middle ages? Who persecuted scientists?

Bro keep showing how ignorant you are. I'll be here.

I'm kinda surprised Christians believe Christianity to be the true religion when its infact a plagiarized belief of other stories. Story about Noah? Copied from The Epics of Gilgamesh tale. The story of Jesus Christ? Copied from the Ancient Egyptian story of Horus. Christmas? Copied from the Pagan belief of Saturnalia. Easter? Also a Pagan belief. Hell, Christians didnt come up with the concept of marriage. Marriage doesn't belong to any partiuclar faith but it is originally Pagan as well as exchanging of rings.

Bible is a fairytale story you would tell a child before bedtime. Its as credible as the Lord of the Rings except the Lords of the Rings is a better fictional book.

3 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by atheistandproud(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
TookDownYourMum:

I'm kinda surprised Christians believe Christianity to be the true religion when its infact a plagiarized belief of other stories. Story about Noah? Copied from The Epics of Gilgamesh tale. The story of Jesus Christ? Copied from the Ancient Egyptian story of Horus. Christmas? Copied from the Pagan belief of Saturnalia. Easter? Also a Pagan belief. Hell, Christians didnt come up with the concept of marriage. Marriage doesn't belong to any partiuclar faith but it is originally Pagan as well as exchanging of rings.

Bible is a fairytale story you would tell a child before bedtime. Its as credible as the Lord of the Rings except the Lords of the Rings is a better fictional book.

Islam, plagiarized from Christianity.

Christianity, plagiarized from Judaism.

Judaism, plagiarized from Sumerian religion

The lore of LOTR is too advanced. Na Harry Potter you suppose to compare am with. A Children's book.

4 Likes

Re: What It Feels Like Leaving Organized Religion? by TookDownYourMum: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
jmoore:

Agriculture is part of science. We have many Christian farmers.
Medicine is part of science. We have many Christian doctors.

Nigerian atheists and their low IQ!

Do you have a reading comprehension?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pray For Ur Enemies Or Against Them? / Interveiw Help! / Joshua And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.