Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses (815 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 11:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Quite a few believers still try to keep the Law of Moses which was abolished by our Lord Jesus. The Law was abolished because of its shortcomings some of which are listed and discussed below:

1. The Law Brought a Curse on the Jews.

“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse (spelt out in Deut. 28:15-68), for it is written cursed be every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).

Under the Law of Moses, the Jews got blessed by keeping the law (Deut. 28:1-14) and got cursed for breaking the law (Deut. 28:15-68). History reveals that they couldn't keep the laws and consequently came under the curse.

Their inability to keep the laws was because of their carnal nature (Rom. 7:14). It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.

2. The Law Brought Wrath on the Jews.

“Because the law worketh wrath, for where no law is, there is no transgression” (Rom. 4:15).

A typical example as mentioned above is recorded in Num. 11:1, where the fire of the Lord was kindled against the Jews when they murmured and complained against Moses. Many of the Jews died. In another instance recorded in Num. 21:5-6, fiery serpents were sent to bite the people when they spoke against God and Moses. In contrast, they were not punished when they committed similar offence under Abrahamic covenant. (Ex. 16:2 & 17:3).

There was no mercy under the Law of Moses; sin attracted death penalty under the law. (Heb. 10:28). Stubbornness under the law also attracted death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21). Also if a lady was loses her virginity before marriage and the husband found out, she was stoned to death (Deut. 22:13-21). A young man who gathered sticks on the Sabbath day was not exempted from death penalty (Num. 15:32-36).

“He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses” (Heb. 10:28). “And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death” (Rom. 7:14).

When David numbered Israel against God’s will, 70,000 Jews died within a short space of time. (2 Sam. 24). This is why Paul calls the Law, ministry of condemnation and death. (2 Cor. 3:7-9)

3. The Law Made Nothing Perfect.

“For the law made nothing perfect but the bringing in of a better hope did by which we draw nigh unto God” (Heb. 7:19).

If the law made nothing perfect for the Jews and it won't do any better for the church.

4. The Law Made No One Perfect.

“For the law having a shadow of good things to come and not the very image of the things can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect (as pertaining to the conscience)” (Heb. 10:1).

See also Heb. 9:9. What Paul is saying here is that the Old Covenant sacrifices couldn't remove the guilt of sin. So trying to obey the laws will never take away the guilt of sin. Only faith in the blood of Jesus will remove the guilt of sin.

“For if the blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins” (Heb. 9:13-14, 10:4).

5. The Law Could Not Give Life.

“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness would have been by the law. For what the law could not do (produce life), in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. And the commandment which was ordained to life I found to be unto death. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof” (Gal. 3:21, Rom. 8:3, 7:10, Heb. 7:18).
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 11:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin.

“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay I had not known sin but by the law. For I had not known lust except the law had said THOU SHALL NOT COVET. But sin taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law, sin was dead” (Rom. 7:7-cool

7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. For that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that do I not but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing for to will is present in me but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Rom. 8:3, 7:15-18).

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.

“And the LORD said unto Moses. Go down; charge the people lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish. And let the priest also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. And Moses said unto the LORD, the people cannot come up to Mount Sinai…..” But into the second (most holy place) went the high priest ALONE once every year…” (Ex.19:21-23, Heb. 9:7).

“And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear, but let not God speak with us lest we die. And the people stood AFAR OFF and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was” (Ex. 20: 19, 21).

9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws.

“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James2:10).

There're over 600 laws the Jews had to obey. Deut. 22:5 which most of our churches is using to bring confusion is just one of them. For instance, verse 9 of the same chapter says the Jews shouldn't' plant two different kind of crops on the same farm land. Also, verse 11 says they shouldn't' put on garment of mixed fabrics. How many of those trying to obey Deut. 22:5 keep these other laws? If the New Testament Saints were to live by the Law of Moses, virtually everyone would have been guilty of breaking the law. None of us for instance keeps the law of Sabbath. Even those who worship on Sabbath days are not necessarily keeping it. No form of work was to be done on it. Not even cooking or clean-ups.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles.

The presence of the law implied condemnation for the Gentiles because they were excluded from the covenant. The law stood as a wall separating the Jews from the Gentiles. It also led to hostility between both races therefore creating enmity. (Eph. 2:11-16).

Thank God this condemnation is taken away only in Christ;

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)

The wall of separation between the Jews and the Gentiles brought by the law had been removed;

“For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:14-15)
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Quite a few believers still try to keep the Law of Moses which was abolished by our Lord Jesus. The Law was abolished because of its shortcomings some of which are listed and discussed below:

4. The Law Made No One Perfect. .
1. The same way God's New Covenant Law, Jesus Christ aka God's Truth and Gospel in the Kingdom of God, declared cursed those who refuse to submit and obey His teachings(and commandments) as explained in Matthew 23? undecided

2. Yet, by that same Law, Jesus Christ was able to prove that God desired the people show love and mercy to their neighbors instead - Leviticus 19 vs 9 - 20 ? undecided

3 & 4. God's Old Covenant and Law was given by God as a Constitution to the Nation of Israel which He formed for the Jews in the land of Canaan, a kingdom in this world, with a promise of eternal Life in the Land of Canaan for the righteous in the land. Perfection was not a part of God's promise to the Nation of Israel in the Constitution which He gave to them so it is unreasonable to expect perfection - Redemption from God's curse since Adam, along with restoration of the choice lost to us via Adam, transformation to Son of God status- would have come from the following of that Law. undecided

Instead, God sent a second Law, Jesus Christ, promising redemption from God's curse - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 - and by Him perfection, to those who would continuously submit to and obey the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. With perfection also came the promise of eternal Life, not in this world but the very presence of God .I.e. God's Kingdom. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by AntiChristian: 5:31am On Jun 22, 2022
Christians are always trying so hard to bastardise everything and everyone except Jesus in their Bible.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2022
AntiChristian:
Christians are always trying so hard to bastardise everything and everyone except Jesus in their Bible.

What are you doing here? You are not a Christian. So, this issue doesn't concern you. Mind your business and enjoy your journey to hell. That is the destination of everyone who rejects Christ.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 7:55am On Jun 22, 2022
AntiChristian:
Technically, they are not wrong in doing so, this since Jesus Christ is God's ultimate plan for mankind.. undecided

Adam lost out on Jesus Christ, God's Truth(Tree of Knowledge of good and evil) and God's Eternal Life(Tree of Life) when he attempted to steal it for himself in disobedience, plunging mankind into the state it currently exists in to date. God created for himself a nation in this world, complete with a Constitution(Law of Moses) through which He would work to restoring peoples(individuals this time) back to His original plan, and Jesus Christ happens to be that original plan repacked and presented to individuals. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Is there any difference between yourself and Satan? Are you not telling people go disobey God Who spoke and said "these shall be a statute forever"
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:

See Devil! When we all know that it was Adam who brought the Curse that destroyeth all of mankind.

Ken4Christ:

Who does not see that The Lord was angry with man that He drove him out because he disobeyeth?

Ken4Christ:

4. The Law Made No One Perfect.

Now you show you are a Liar because Job and Daniel and David call you one.

Psalm 19:7-14

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, Converting The Soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Ken4Christ:

5. The Law Could Not Give Life.

Liar again!

Proverbs 2, 3, and 4:20 as song by Don Moen

My son give attention to my words (Oh yes)
Incline your ear to my sayings
Do not (Do not) let them depart from your eyes
Keep them in the midst of your heart (Heart)

For they are life to those who find them
And health to all their flesh
And health to all their flesh.

Proverbs 7:2
"Keep my commandments and live,"

Yet because of your hatred for The Laws of God and your wish to not obey them hence you are using the bad understanding you wish to have in line with your desire to remove your guilt and condemnation The Law will have over you, which is why you have now become as Satan, telling men to disobey God, as you have been doing!
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Judge ye everyone, is this op not a devil and a Liar whose true moniker is Ken4Antichrist?

Did Christ not clear say "I disturb not The Law, if anything I came to obey it and comply with it"?

Seeing the op misunderstands Paul is it not proper that he keeps silent?
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See Devil! When we all know that it was Adam who brought the Curse that destroyeth all of mankind.

Who does not see that The Lord was angry with man that He drove him out because he disobeyeth?

Now you show you are a Liar because Job and Daniel and David call you one.

Psalm 19:7-14

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, Converting The Soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Liar again!

Proverbs 2, 3, and 4:20 as song by Don Moen

My son give attention to my words (Oh yes)
Incline your ear to my sayings
Do not (Do not) let them depart from your eyes
Keep them in the midst of your heart (Heart)

And health to all their flesh
And health to all their flesh.

Proverbs 7:2
"Keep my commandments and live,"

Yet because of your hatred for The Laws of God and your wish to not obey them hence you are using the bad understanding you wish to have in line with your desire to remove your guilt and condemnation The Law will have over you, which is why you have now become as Satan, telling men to disobey God, as you have been doing!

There is the curse Adam's transgressions brought on the entire human race and there is also the curses that the Law of Moses brought on the Jews.

In Deuteronomy Chapter 28, Moses wrote out blessings that will come upon the Jews if they keep the law and he also wrote the curses that will come upon them if they break the laws

The blessings are contained in verses 2-14 of the twenty eight chapter of the book of Deuteronomy.

The curses are contained in verse 16-68 of the same chapter.

And they constantly broke the law resulting in curses coming upon them. This is one of the main reasons Jesus came. He came to redeem the Jews from the curse of the law of Moses. Hence it is written;

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

Digest this first before I reply to other comments you made.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Is there any difference between yourself and Satan? Are you not telling people go disobey God Who spoke and said "these shall be a statute forever"

If you likened me to Satan, then you are saying that Jesus and his Apostles are Satan also. Think well before you make unguided statements.

Our Lord Jesus broke one of the most sacred law of Moses a couple of times. That is the law of Sabbath. Because of this, the Jews also accused him that he could not be a servant of God. Read the encounter below;

Matthew 12:1-14
1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.

2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, HOW THEY MIGHT DESTROY HIM.

Here the their response after Jesus healed a blind man on a Sabbath day;

John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, THIS MAN IS NOT OF GOD, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

So, they also called Jesus Satan because he healed on a Sabbath day.

If Jesus came to upheld the law of Moses, he would have permitted the woman caught in the very act of adultery to be stoned to death. But he pardoned her.

No one is above the law. If there was a law in place and you were caught breaking it, you will face the consequences. But our Lord Jesus overruled their decisions. He brought something different and that is grace.

This is why John wrote;

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, BUT GRACE AND TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. There is the curse Adam's transgressions brought on the entire human race and there is also the curses that the Law of Moses brought on the Jews. In Deuteronomy Chapter 28, Moses wrote out blessings that will come upon the Jews if they keep the law and he also wrote the curses that will come upon them if they break the laws. The blessings are contained in verses 2-14 of the twenty eight chapter of the book of Deuteronomy. The curses are contained in verse 16-68 of the same chapter.

2. And they constantly broke the law resulting in curses coming upon them. This is one of the main reasons Jesus came. He came to redeem the Jews from the curse of the law of Moses. Hence it is written;

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.

Digest this first before I reply to other comments you made.
1. Blessings and curses within God's Law are meant for those who obey and those who disobey God's Law. In much the same way as the Old Law of Moses, God's Constitution to the Nation of Israel, contains Blessings and curses in much the same way as God's New Covenant to those who are of the Kingdom of God also does. - Matthew 5 vs 1 - 11 and Matthew 23. . The disobedient jews are just as cursed as the disobedient Christians. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not come because the Jews did not obey God. Jesus Christ would have needed to come regardless since God's Old Law was never meant by God as an alternative to Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:

If you likened me to Satan, then you are saying that Jesus and his Apostles are Satan also. Think well before you make unguided statements.

As I have challenged you in the past, did you ever see Christ or the disciples break The Law?

Go see Luke 23:56, THE DISCIPLES OBEYED AND COMPLIED WITH THE LAW OF THE SABBATH.

AND EVEN JESUS AVOIDED THE SABBATH IN BOTH HIS MURDERING AND HIS RESURRECTION.

Ken4Christ:

Our Lord Jesus broke one of the most sacred law of Moses a couple of times. That is the law of Sabbath. Because of this, the Jews also accused him that he could not be a servant of God. Read the encounter below;

Is accusation proof of guilt?

Joseph was accused of trying to rape Potiphar:s wife, was he guilty of it?

in the Truthest mind that you can muster did you think that The Lord was guilty?

The Law of Sabbath prohibited WORK and all manners of work, it did not prohibit eating and leisurely walks.

And as you see, after He answered them they went out put heads together for obviously He did not break The Law as they know The Law should be broken.

14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, HOW THEY MIGHT DESTROY HIM.

So, you see, you have a wrong judgement for even the evil Pharisees judges found Him innocent of breaking The Law!

Ken4Christ:

If Jesus came to upheld the law of Moses, he would have permitted the woman caught in the very act of adultery to be stoned to death. But he pardoned her.

Look again, He did!

For it is The Requirement of Law that both the judges and people in the land "be holy" (sinless) Exodus 18:20 and Exodus19:5/6

SO YOU SEE, THE LORD JESUS, UPHELD THE LAW, EVEN UP TO THE EXTENT OF SAYING

"If thou wilt enter into Life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! Mathew 19:17
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

As I have challenged you in the past, did you ever see Christ or the disciples break The Law?

Go see Luke 23:56, THE DISCIPLES OBEYED AND COMPLIED WITH THE LAW OF THE SABBATH.

AND EVEN JESUS AVOIDED THE SABBATH IN BOTH HIS MURDERING AND HIS RESURRECTION.

Is accusation proof of guilt?

Joseph was accused of trying to rape Potiphar:s wife, was he guilty of it?

in the Truthest mind that you can muster did you think that The Lord was guilty?

The Law of Sabbath prohibited WORK and all manners of work, it did not prohibit eating and leisurely walks.

And as you see, after He answered them they went out put heads together for obviously He did not break The Law as they know The Law should be broken.

So, you see, you have a wrong judgement for even the evil Pharisees judges found Him innocent of breaking The Law!

Look again, He did!

For it is The Requirement of Law that both the judges and people in the land "be holy" (sinless) Exodus 18:20 and Exodus19:5/6

SO YOU SEE, THE LORD JESUS, UPHELD THE LAW, EVEN UP TO THE EXTENT OF SAYING

I think your user name should be changed to DLIESPEAKER.

You read the evidences I quoted and pretended you didn't see them.

To the Pharisee, Jesus healing on Sabbath day amounts of breaking the law. So they said;

John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, BECAUSE HE KEEPETH NOT THE SABBATH DAY. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Even the disciples broke the Sabbath by plucking the ear of corn on Sabbath day.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Dtruthspeaker: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I think your user name should be changed to DLIESPEAKER.

You read the evidences I quoted and pretended you didn't see them.

"When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser"

All your evidence are One, showing your horrible attempt at saying a rubbish you imagine and wish for.

Ken4Christ:

To the Pharisee, Jesus healing on Sabbath day amounts of breaking the law. So they said;

Since when do we judge according to the Pharisees?

You really do not have any valid thing to say for as you can now see, Christ Jesus expressly and directly stated,

No dispute here!
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
God's law given to the Israelites is PERFECT! Psalms 19:7

But it's difficult for imperfect humans who are born, bread and brought up in sin {Psalms 51:5} so for us to master those laws and meat up with all the requirements perfectly we need a role model who knows what those laws means {John 1:18} and how to apply it practically in all our day to day life. Deuteronomy 18:18-19
That's what Jesus came to teach us, without Jesus nobody can ever live up to God's standard {John 14:6} but with Jesus' wonderful counsel {Isaiah 9:6} we will meet up PERFECTLY! John 3:16-18 smiley

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. To the Pharisee, Jesus healing on Sabbath day amounts of breaking the law. So they said;

John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, BECAUSE HE KEEPETH NOT THE SABBATH DAY. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

2. Even the disciples broke the Sabbath by plucking the ear of corn on Sabbath day.
1. The pharisees were wrong in their accessment of the Old Law aka the Constitution of the Nation of Israel. The Sabbath is meant as a day of Holiness and Healing the sick, raising the dead, showing love, mercy, doing righteousness, are all Holy and acceptable acts on God's Holy day. Jesus Christ showed this, and vexed them even more for revealing their ignorance of the Law.

Recall, Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience of God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So accusing Him of breaking the Law amounts to saying Jesus Christ sinned against God. undecided

2. The disciples did indeed break the Old Sabbath Law by eating corn in the field on that day - Matthew 12 vs 1 - 8. They were followers of Jesus Christ, living their lives in submission to and obedience of God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God, as opposed to the Old Covenant Law of Moses/Constitution of the Nation of Israel. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Maynmann: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The pharisees were wrong in their accessment of the Old Law aka the Constitution of the Nation of Israel. The Sabbath is meant as a day of Holiness and Healing the sick, raising the dead, showing love, mercy, doing righteousness, are all Holy and acceptable acts on God's Holy day. Jesus Christ showed this, and vexed them even more for revealing their ignorance of the Law.

Recall, Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience of God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So accusing Him of breaking the Law amounts to saying Jesus Christ sinned against God. undecided

2. The disciples did indeed break the Old Sabbath Law by eating corn in the field on that day - Matthew 12 vs 1 - 8. They were followers of Jesus Christ, living their lives in submission to and obedience of God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God, as opposed to the Old Covenant Law of Moses/Constitution of the Nation of Israel. undecided

You dwell in stack ignorance. Bwahahahah

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:

The disciples couldn't have lived in obedience to the New Covenant because it was not yet Instituted at the time they plucked the ears of the corn.

The New Testament was instituted just before Christ was crucified. And it came into force after his death.

Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

All your evidence are One, showing your horrible attempt at saying a rubbish you imagine and wish for.

You really do not have any valid thing to say for as you can now see, Christ Jesus expressly and directly stated,

No dispute here!

He had to ask them to keep the Commandments because the Law of Moses was still in force while he was on earth.

But after his death, the New Testament started. So, we no longer live by the Law of Moses but by the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. The disciples couldn't have lived in obedience to the New Covenant because it was not yet Instituted at the time they plucked the ears of the corn.

2. The New Testament was instituted just before Christ was crucified. And it came into force after his death.
Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
1. Actually they could! You see, if you consider the example you have from God's Old Covenant, you will find that God had the people living according to his commands as he gave it to them. He didn't tell them all to wait until after the law was ratified before He began holding them accountable for His rules. Take for example the case of Aaron and His sons in Leviticus 10 vs 1 - 2. The commandments God gave even them as regards the priesthood were a part of the Old Covenant Law of Moses aka God's Constitution for the Nation of Israel which was ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, yet that in no way stopped God from judging them right there and there for their transgression. undecided

The moment Jesus Christ first spoke the Words, "Repent- abandon the Old way to begin following the New way - , for the Kingdom of God is at hand", this after God had blessed His mission, the New Covenant Law came into being. For this reason, even the Pharisees, considered Jesus Christ's disciples, His followers, those who submit and obey His teachings(and commandments). undecided

2. That does not in any way change the facts of what is written in clear details in the Gospels. Jesus Christ did not tell His disciples to wait until after the Law was ratified right before His death, before sending them out with power and authority, to the neighboring towns, to heal the sick, raise the dead, teach that which He had taught to them. He called them away from following the Old way and they came to Him, not as Old Covenant followers but as New Covenant followers. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Actually they could! You see, if you consider the example you have from God's Old Covenant, you will find that God had the people living according to his commands as he gave it to them. He didn't tell them all to wait until after the law was ratified before He began holding them accountable for His rules. Take for example the case of Aaron and His sons in Leviticus 10 vs 1 - 2. The commandments God gave even them as regards the priesthood were a part of the Old Covenant Law of Moses aka God's Constitution for the Nation of Israel which was ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, yet that in no way stopped God from judging them right there and there for their transgression. undecided

The moment Jesus Christ first spoke the Words, "Repent- abandon the Old way to begin following the New way - , for the Kingdom of God is at hand", this after God had blessed His mission, the New Covenant Law came into being. For this reason, even the Pharisees, considered Jesus Christ's disciples, His followers, those who submit and obey His teachings(and commandments). undecided

2. That does not in any way change the facts of what is written in clear details in the Gospels. Jesus Christ did not tell His disciples to wait until after the Law was ratified right before His death, before sending them out with power and authority, to the neighboring towns, to heal the sick, raise the dead, teach that which He had taught to them. He called them away from following the Old way and they came to Him, not as Old Covenant followers but as New Covenant followers. undecided

The book of Leviticus is part of the law of Moses. The law started from Exodus 20. So Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are all part of the law.

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:
The book of Leviticus is part of the law of Moses. The law started from Exodus 20. So Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are all part of the law.
Yes, God started teaching the details of the Law, and enforcing the details from even before the Israelites left Egypt. Passover, a ritual instituted as part of the Constitution of Israel, began while the Israelites where still in Israelites. God gave the commands, and required the people to live it beginning the moment He gave it to them, not later on. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by AntiChristian: 6:20am On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Technically, they are not wrong in doing so, this since Jesus Christ is God's ultimate plan for mankind.. undecided

Adam lost out on Jesus Christ, God's Truth(Tree of Knowledge of good and evil) and God's Eternal Life(Tree of Life) when he attempted to steal it for himself in disobedience, plunging mankind into the state it currently exists in to date. God created for himself a nation in this world, complete with a Constitution(Law of Moses) through which He would work to restoring peoples(individuals this time) back to His original plan, and Jesus Christ happens to be that original plan repacked and presented to individuals. undecided

I know even the father is worthless as the son is his heir!
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by AntiChristian: 6:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

What are you doing here? You are not a Christian. So, this issue doesn't concern you. Mind your business and enjoy your journey to hell. That is the destination of everyone who rejects Christ.

Where did Christ himself say this to even those who reject him?

Christ will deny you when he returns!
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by SweetVibe: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Ken4Christ:

My brother,you won this debate hands down with clear fact but the others have refuse to acknowledge you because of their pride.
Stop arguing with them,their pride won't let them accept that they are wrong.
I like you sir

2 Likes

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by SweetVibe: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes, God started teaching the details of the Law, and enforcing the details from even before the Israelites left Egypt. Passover, a ritual instituted as part of the Constitution of Israel, began while the Israelites where still in Israelites. God gave the commands, and required the people to live it beginning the moment He gave it to them, not later on. undecided
You are too full of yourself,even when the other guy has given you all the fact you needed.madam go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by SweetVibe: 7:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

No dispute here!

Oga go and sit down,you lost this argument but your pride won't let you accept it.That guy murdered you with pure and raw fact.
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Maynmann: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Bwahahaha, goofed, you got tutored cheesy.

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Ken4Christ: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2022
SweetVibe:

My brother,you won this debate hands down with clear fact but the others have refuse to acknowledge you because of their pride.
Stop arguing with them,their pride won't let them accept that they are wrong.
I like you sir

Thank you. I won't bother to reply them on this subject again.

1 Like

Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
I know even the father is worthless as the son is his heir!
This doesn't make any sense to me. undecided
Re: Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses by Kobojunkie: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2022
SweetVibe:

You are too full of yourself,even when the other guy has given you all the fact you needed.madam go and sit down
What facts did he give? You mean his mentioning that the book of the law is written in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Night Journey To The Temple Another Lie?. / How Prophet Daniel Aboderin Was Torn Apart By Lions At Ibadan Zoo / Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.