Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

The Dilemma Of An Accountant - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Dilemma Of An Accountant (11952 Views)

The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. / Dilemma Of A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by TotoGame(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
icuminpiss:
Any intellectual in pol science dept? I want someone who writes projects

I know someone, he's so good at it
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by DonroxyII: 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Suspect33:
what will you do in this situation?
I would Do Me ...

Hustle My Way Up

or

Hustle My Way Out !

No time !
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by OvertheTop(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
SatanKeepOff:
I am currently working as an accountant in an oil company based in Nigeria. I have been with this company for three years but initially started as a contract worker for two years before being promoted to the position of assistant supervisor last year.

In my department, we were three accountants sharing the same office, but we had no manager. Instead, we had an assistant manager, an account officer, and myself. With hard work and dedication, I managed to become the best among us. However, earlier this year, the management decided to restructure the department. As a result, they removed my superiors and employed someone at my level and a manager.

Now, my boss is learning the job from me, and the newly employed lady is also at the same level as I am. However, my boss claims that I cannot be promoted because I am not superior to the newly employed lady. The issue is that both my boss and the new lady are learning the job from me, and I believe that I deserve to be promoted since I am already good at the job.

I have talked to my boss several times about this issue, and he still refuses to promote me, stating that there is no superior among us(myself and the new lady). Please, what can I do in this situation?

Where are your Former Superiors? Sacked?

If so, Start Applying for Another Great Opening Elsewhere o ... (They might be Under studying u to get all you Know...Then.....)
but to see another oil and Gas Company ....will take Goodness and Mercy....But Nothing is impossible...
Act Fast!
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by AdiDami: 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
BIZNess123:
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush
What if the "bird in hand" is a vulture?
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hold on to your job when you came new someone put your through the system reason been that every company has their mode of operations even if they are on the same business line.if you leave now and go to another firms someone will have to put you through the system too, take a pride in teaching other they wouldn't forget you
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by phemmyfour: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
SatanKeepOff:
I am currently working as an accountant in an oil company based in Nigeria. I have been with this company for three years but initially started as a contract worker for two years before being promoted to the position of assistant supervisor last year.

In my department, we were three accountants sharing the same office, but we had no manager. Instead, we had an assistant manager, an account officer, and myself. With hard work and dedication, I managed to become the best among us. However, earlier this year, the management decided to restructure the department. As a result, they removed my superiors and employed someone at my level and a manager.

Now, my boss is learning the job from me, and the newly employed lady is also at the same level as I am. However, my boss claims that I cannot be promoted because I am not superior to the newly employed lady. The issue is that both my boss and the new lady are learning the job from me, and I believe that I deserve to be promoted since I am already good at the job.

I have talked to my boss several times about this issue, and he still refuses to promote me, stating that there is no superior among us(myself and the new lady). Please, what can I do in this situation?
upgrade yourself academically, job experience isn't enough
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by Harddiskng(m): 8:12am On Oct 17, 2023
SatanKeepOff:

I have a slogan and zero worries regarding promoting

Me - “if you don’t promote me, i’d promote myself”. So far so good I have been true to my own word.

That is why i spend considerable in self development, I never get lost in company work to be unable to focus on me.

Oga, you are valuable. Dust your credentials, add more feathers (certifications) to your cap and promote yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by Petroking: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2023
Going by what you laid down, It is possible you will be sacked soon, This is because you were left alone so as to teach the other people the rudiments of the job before letting you go. But how do people stay in a company for years and no promotion. You want a good advice, Look for a new job whilst still performing your duty. when you get one move...

SatanKeepOff:

Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by Meerahbel: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2023
SatanKeepOff:

Rule 1 in Nigeria work Space
Never show them everything you know

Rule 2

Don't forget rule 1
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by Meerahbel: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2023
Segzy19:
Keep on with your job until you get another one...

There are no jobs out there o. Don't resign without having another job already secured o. Sometimes, survival is more important than self-esteem and ego especially when you have dependents who rely on you for survival as well...
Stoop until you eventually conquer

Wisdom is applicable here...
You smart.
Re: The Dilemma Of An Accountant by Godsownfc(m): 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Look for another place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Name Is On The Npower Posting List On Npower Portal / FRSC Portal Crashes Amid Recruitment, Applicants Groan / How Legally Binding Is An Employment Contract?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.