Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,680 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja (25080 Views)

Two Suspected One-Chance Robbers Escape As Mob Tries To Set Them Ablaze / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by syntekelite(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
One chance not hard to stop in abj cos they love some particular routes which are the expressways leading in and out of abuja city,kubwa is more like a satellite town which has very good road network they can use to manoeuvre their escape,same with abuja-kaduna road,area 1 to any satellite town,lugbe to zuba e.t.c
The solution is ban plain cabs and mandate every public cab to paint their cabs in abuja colour and also register their cabs with their NIN..once peeps see plain cabs they will avoid like plague esp in those secluded areas at least it will reduce it drastically till a more permanent solution can be found, even for europe cctv or police no dey expressway leading to another town..

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Chochovini: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
olamilarks:
I always wonder how a full sized capital will not have a transport system that's safe and efficient.
. That‘s to tell you that nigeria is in worse state than Shambles.
Even common Cameroon is far organised than nigeria. Yet we are claiming to be the giant of Africa up and down. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by blackmantis: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
They operate when there is less traffic.

Early morning till about 7am
11am till about 2pm
And
7pm till late

If you want to board a cab at these times go to the park and enter a vehicle that is loading your destination. Avoid boarding a vehicle along the road at these times. Especially if you're a female. If the driver and other passengers seems to be in hurry allow them go to avoid stories that touch. If you have any misgivings say you forgot something and alight immediately.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by TheSuperX(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
Be safe out there guys
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by CJStarz: 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bad advice.... they would have shot him dead

DyingFetus:
You could have grab that criminal by the balls and twist it

You're too soft

Next time something much worst than what you experienced is gonna come for you and better be prepared
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by CJStarz: 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2023
POS Machines are registered,the details of the owner inclusive,right? If so,it can be traced. Pls the experts here can enlighten us.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Hedonisco: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Still find it difficult to believe this stuff can happen in broad daylight. And it seems females are the primary victims.

Better to avoid boarding 'along the road' and ensure you use the designated bus parks. Best still, if you can manage to afford it, to mostly use Uber.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by poiZon: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Stawner16:
Oh well, let’s blame the government again for this. Truth is, Nigerians are their own problem. Evil reigns in the heart of most people smh.
So who them for blame?

Do u know the duties of a functional govt?
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by phemmyfour: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
siofra:
Those are Nigerian men for you undecided
Wicked criminals who only know how to argue about women all day.
That's why this country is the way it is.
Don't worry..
Na your gender go do yours, that's when you ll know the difference between the town hall and Bala blue
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Ibkrichie(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
Pierocash:
they use the Ill gotten wealth to impress you leeches. Men wouldn't be committing crime if not for criminal female genders who reap where they don't sow

You hit brother 👍
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by zinaunreal(m): 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Na wa oooo
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by babamadiba(m): 6:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
ogmask:

They do it to make more money and nothing else. Remember, the moment you book the ride the driver's identity is captured. Offline or not his identity is known from the very first contact he had with you.
this is educative. Thanks for throwing more light to it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by KingAfo(m): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
siofra:
Don’t be silly. 2 ladies killed a club owner last week by drugging him
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by marsup: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
Did you call for help when you alighted?
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by JayVicky: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
siofra:
Seriously??
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by pocom35: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
okooloyun1:
The place she was dropped is always lonely. If she shout, they will just turn back to kidnap her again.

Wahala
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by d0pekellz(m): 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
Easy way to combat this thing is for the police to release a memo that passengers are allowed to snap the driver and plate numbers and send to a close relative before they enter any taxi

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
jackmrandy:

IF Nigeria was a sane country, they could be arrested with the information of debit from your account. The account the money was debited to, the owner of that account, the state the person reside. even down to the BVN in which the account was registered to. but all this will not be done, thank God you are alive sha to tell the story. next time look well before you enter any cab.
Everything u said made sense until you said "next time look well before you enter any cab"
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Ezyp(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
siofra:
Who hurt you?
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by dododawa1: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
My people my people

About to

Start

In Abuja

No space in Lagos
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by JASONjnr(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
Minime10:

As soon as they dropped you off, you should have raise alarm to safe the other lady nah😭 thank God for your safety nonetheless

No, locate her bank and reverse the transaction made. Banks can reverse such transactions, immediately.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Poleski: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
Use bolt in Abuja. It's expensive than ordinary cab but safer.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Bbqekpa: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2023
siofra:

Your father must have really been. A scoundrel for you to be so bitter towards men.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by virginchaser(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2023
Wike is on the right step to tame the menace.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by jimmynauty: 7:36am On Oct 17, 2023
MaryAye

You didn't start speaking in tongues ASA King?
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Artist002(m): 8:26am On Oct 17, 2023
oracle009:

Use your brain oga. Know where to advertise
Rest!!
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Leo588(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2023
Minime10:

As soon as they dropped you off, you should have raise alarm to safe the other lady nah😭 thank God for your safety nonetheless

Am sure the panic attack and the evil powder won't allow him. Police needs to mount check points in strategic places in Abuja.

I encourage people not to join cars without Abuja colour paint (green) and only pick cabs at parks.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by misscjkeyz(f): 9:21am On Oct 17, 2023
DyingFetus:
You could have grab that criminal by the balls and twist it

You're too soft

Next time something much worst than what you experienced is gonna come for you and better be prepared

You must be retarded for making such a stupid comment.
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by DyingFetus: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2023
misscjkeyz:

You must be retarded for making such a stupid comment.

You're nothing but a C0cksucker
Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by Maxitomxane(m): 9:45am On Oct 17, 2023
oluxy:

Maybe henceforth, people should be taking pix of the car n plate number before we board and even with the drivers pix and send to your nearest contact on the WhatsApp

Before I board any long-travel vehicle.
I send the Plate number to my family members.(That's one of the safety measures my Dad taught us)

1 Like

Re: My Experience With One Chance Guys In Abuja by thatigboman: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2023
NaMe4:
You should have raised alarm after you were dropped off.

The minimum should be capital punishment for these criminals.

Surveillance cameras have to be placed at strategic areas and any idiot caught vandalizing them should face same punishment.

Government has to invest more in recruitment and training of security personnel with special designated stations and patrol teams.

Berger is very busy and this happened during the day. In fact if alarm was raised, they would have been caught.

she say they dropped her at that uncompleted bridge in wuye and there were no people around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Shot Passenger Leg Inside The Car "Blood Rushing" - Photos / Thief Electrocuted While Trying To Steal Transformer Parts In Katsina (Photos) / Man Goes Missing In Akwa Ibom After Dropping Suicide Note In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.