Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members (16571 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime / Senators, Reps Buy Suvs, Property At Ridiculous Give-away Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members by BigIyanga: 6:09am On Oct 17, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, and we have always been borrowing because what we earn from oil is not enough to meet all our needs.

At the end of the day, that's why I tell you guys that the current parties don't have what it takes to take us to where we need to be...a nation that has a diversified economy. They talk about it all the time, but once in office, they do not take the hard decisions needed to make us diversified enough to at the very least reduce borrowing to a mininum.

Better ask your leaders the hard questions, not me. I also have the same questions, including why we ain't taking the hard decisions.
Abegi no everyone borrowed. OBJ paid off and got IMF to cancel most of our loans. He established DMO, enlisted Naija into global rating agencies like S&P, Fitch and co.

GMB and co went to borrrowing spree for recurrent expenditure not CAPEX

BAT is borrowing to money from IMF to payout stipend to Nigerians.. This is the same govt that could effectively locate Nigerians for covid palliatives??
Re: Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members by nairalanda1(m): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2023
BigIyanga:

Abegi no everyone borrowed. OBJ paid off and got IMF to cancel most of our loans. He established DMO, enlisted Naija into global rating agencies like S&P, Fitch and co.

GMB and co went to borrrowing spree for recurrent expenditure not CAPEX

BAT is borrowing to money from IMF to payout stipend to Nigerians.. This is the same govt that could effectively locate Nigerians for covid palliatives??

Obasanjo paid off our debt as part of a debt relief offered several African countries. We only paid off one third, the rest was written off.

Yaradua and GEJ also borrowed. Obasanjo too borrowed before 2006.

At the end, we don't have a diversified enough economy. We are not a producer economy. We are an oil dependent economy who produces enough for limited revenue.

I'm not here to play PDP Vs APC by the way. I'm here to tell you that our economy needs changes. We are a resource dependent economy.

And yes, I don't like PDP or APC either.
Re: Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members by emmyN(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2023
NorthernAgender:
Excuse me those rogue called lawbreakers has cars already.

Many of them are former governors with official car from their states too
Re: Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members by BigIyanga: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
nairalanda1:

Obasanjo paid off our debt as part of a debt relief offered several African countries. We only paid off one third, the rest was written off.

Yaradua and GEJ also borrowed. Obasanjo too borrowed before 2006.

At the end, we don't have a diversified enough economy. We are not a producer economy. We are an oil dependent economy who produces enough for limited revenue.

I'm not here to play PDP Vs APC by the way. I'm here to tell you that our economy needs changes. We are a resource dependent economy.

And yes, I don't like PDP or APC either.
So what what the debt profile under OBJ ..and PDP in 2015 vs APC in 2023?

Yes all our politrickians arent saints… but some managed the economy better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba / FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.