Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba (16578 Views)

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. / Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Power Generating Plants Perform Below 30% Capacity – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by TeaParty: 4:08am On Jun 19, 2013
UMUAHIA— A power generating firm, Geometric Power System, owned by former Minister of Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji will begin generation and distribution of power in Aba next month.

Prof. Barth Nnaji, who is also served as Chairman of the firm said, necessary arrangements have been concluded for the power company to take off.

Nnaji explained that distribution of electricity from the power plant will be carried out under the name of Aba Power Limited.

He, however, maintained that generation of power will be carried out by Geometrics Company located at Osisioma in Aba.

Nnaji spoke on Monday while hosting the General Secretary of National Union of Electricity Employees, NUEE, Comrade Joe Ajaero, who was in Aba to inaugurate a chapter of the union in the new company.

The former Minister, however, disclosed that the company would be officially commissioned in August by President Goodluck Jonathan.

He disclosed that 141 Mega Watts of electricity would be generated at the plant. According to him “the power needs of Aba will be supplied and excess supplied to the national grid.

Professor Nnaji explained that the major target of the project which began in 2004, was to make Aba become the industrial capital of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/nnajis-power-generating-firm-begins-operation-in-aba/

15 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Ikengawo: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2013
Wonderful private development! This is the way forward

15 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Chiefupper: 4:51am On Jun 19, 2013
How I wish this man is still the minister of power,things keep falling apart since he left.Anyway,may be is because he is too good for Nigerians as you know in Nigeria we don't like too good things

29 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by fabraham(m): 5:02am On Jun 19, 2013
That man was the REAL minister in GEJ cabinet.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by greatgod2012(f): 5:12am On Jun 19, 2013
How i wish many of our politicians have this type of initiative that this man have.
God bless you jare, Nnaji

10 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Freewilly(f): 5:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Very good, just hope the generated electricity would only benefit the East.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by austinsmat(m): 5:53am On Jun 19, 2013
The only two performing ministries Nnaji and madam Ngozi evil power brokers has push Nnaji but madam Ngozi pls take care of ourself and we are praying for u also, since Nnaji left nothing like Nepa in Sabon gari kano

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Abagworo(m): 6:05am On Jun 19, 2013
Enyimba city. The soul of Igbo struggle and hardwork. A truely cosmopolitan Igbo society.

13 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by tomakint: 6:39am On Jun 19, 2013
Truly, this man is a reformer! How I wish he is still in Jonathan's government by now things would have since improved beyond this present condition of things at the power sector! However, his singular effort in reforming the sector kept the albatross in the sector at bay and gave birth to the streamlining of generation and distribution companies in the sector to what we have now! Thanks to him cool

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 19, 2013
T.A Orji will make sure to block GEJ's coming to aba so that all his lies won't be exposed.

Congrats to Nnaji, am sure Abians and the residents will welcome you fully.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by nig2change: 7:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Kudos to the world renowned professor of robotics. He has been doing a good job. I hope he upgrade it to a higher capacity/mega watts in future.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2013
I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by PointB: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2013
This is a great development. 'Aba made' is on track for the next level. I join my brothers in Abia to celebrate this milestone.

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by boneruns(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.

I knew it too! Aboki man will never see good thing done by an Igbo man.

What concerns you with 'Aba' power plant? This is not Tuwo or Fura.

Sai Nnaji!

52 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by maasoap(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2013
boneruns:

I knew it too! Aboki man will never see good thing done by an Igbo man.

What concerns you with 'Aba' power plant? This is not Tuwo or Fura.

Sai Nnaji!
Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Goddex: 8:51am On Jun 19, 2013
Eko Ile! Eko Ile! Eko Ile! Where is that village ACN rat that was everywhere celebrating a 10MW giant generator Fashola bought for Alausa secretariat? Have you seen? An individual is building a 141MW power plant to power the whole of Aba and I have seen pictures, it is really a beautiful piece of technology to behold.

18 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Brimmie(m): 9:02am On Jun 19, 2013
Goddex: Eko Ile! Eko Ile! Eko Ile! Where is that village ACN rat that was everywhere celebrating a 10MW giant generator Fashola bought for Alausa secretariat? Have you seen? An individual is building a 141MW power plant to power the whole of Aba and I have seen pictures, it is really a beautiful piece of technology to behold.

Okponu, an individual?? With people's money?? Be like sey dem don laminate ur brain!!?? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by boneruns(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: Even an Aboki uses his brain well more than you did here. Did I say anything about your "Aba made" power plant? Nnaji is a fraud, the evil that man does, lives after them. May you should ask Oga Jona why he was told to leave. You will undetstand better.

Do you have any proof to back-up your claim? Why can't you for once celebrate progress?

9 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 19, 2013
Brimmie:

Okponu, an individual?? With people's money?? Be like sey dem don laminate ur brain!!?? grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Buchianom(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2013
Nyz project frm Prof. Nnaji dat deserves commendation. The power sector is seriously bn reformed per second.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Meringe(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2013
Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
Don't always believe Naija papers!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by dridowu: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2013
Just passing , Good morni NLs
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Emperor007: 9:28am On Jun 19, 2013
Good development and initiative.

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 19, 2013
Kudos to Nnaji. The best power minister Nigeria ever had. Your stint at the ministry of power was an eye opener that we can have 24 hours uninterrupted power supply.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by faith722003: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2013
great
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by verbes123: 9:40am On Jun 19, 2013
so Aba residents will have uninterrupted power supply. Good.
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2013
Meringe: Its a lie, am in Aba and I live in the enyimba city. they can't start operation when they are still erecting their high tension poles even oposite my house. One of the top staff confided in me that it will be around december before the will start operation.
Don't always believe Naija papers!!!!
But,it will start this year? So bleep off. The man has done well.

1 Like

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 9:43am On Jun 19, 2013
TeaParty:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/nnajis-power-generating-firm-begins-operation-in-aba/

i think its been long they started, some parts of Aba have constant electricity and the distribution Grid is beautiful and new
Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by Nightshift(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2013
All things being equal, constant electricity supply in Aba will awaken the sleeping Titan's industrial potentials. Enyimba people are known for their ingenuity and passion for exploring new ventures.
It's Nnaji's zeal for indigenous answer to our numerous problems that should be emulated by successful Umuigbo. We must not wait for anyone to save us; we must be the architect of our own fate.
I'm looking forward to a new positive dawn in Aba. The big dreams of people like Nnanna Kalu and other pioneers of Enyimba City's industrial startups will finally come true. Osisioma and other industrial layouts will be witnessing renewed interests by both local and foreign investors.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by jpphilips(m): 9:48am On Jun 19, 2013
maasoap: I knew it. That man is a fraudster. He removed 150 naira meter maintenance fee only for this crook Nnaji of a thing to replace it with 500 naira fixed charge. It is only in Nigeria you have counter(meter) and you are still being billed using crude method in combination. Whether you have power supply or not, you will be made to cough out 500 naira every month in addition to per unit charge that he increased from 7.30 to 12.30. Thanks to the Mr Nnaji Fraud.

if you sincerely believed that the meter maintenance fee (which nnaji scrapped anyways) was actually going to his pocket, im afraid, the holes in your brain is wider than that of a sponge, no apologies for that.
why don't we have emoticon for daft people on nairaland?

18 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by collynzo2(m): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2013
Abagworo: Enyimba city. The soul of Igbo struggle and hardwork. A truely cosmopolitan Igbo society.
Dirtiest city in Nigeria, a disgrace to us igbo people. Abia state as a whole is a slum.

4 Likes

Re: Nnaji’s Power Generating Firm Begins Operation In Aba by iykology: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2013
Good development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Was Suspended For Refusing To Release N975m – Embattled NHIS ES, Usman Yusuf / Bayelsa Election: APC Branded Salts Go Viral As Part Of Campaign Gifts / Omokri Calls Tinubu Tax Swallower, Challenges Supporters To Name His Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.