Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. (11865 Views)

Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by free2ryhme: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Irony1: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Good.

Let's all cooperate with the Lagos State Government to keep our city and whole state clean and safe for business and living.

Those who don't cooperate will bear the full wrath of the law.
Eko o gba gbere o.
God bless LASG for this great job.

This is the first time you have not made a divisive comment, kudos to you for this. yes you need to obey the law and also government must make laws that are all inclusive irrespective of where you come from.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Akaegwu(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hungry nearly finished Iya Biliki. Her mineral and snacks business was shot down šŸ‘‡
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Addme: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2023
SeeWahala:
No oh, they should have left it closed down.

By the time their vehicles break down and they can't source cheaper parts they will import new oem ones or be stealing it from other parked working vehicles in yards or on the streets. grin
Most of you guys on Nairaland always crack me up with your ignorance.
Mike 12 market that was also closed was re-opened yesterday. Going with your logic, it means people can't get pepper and other things around that's why it was re-opened.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Doris4ever(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Thank God. Several millions have been lost by businesses in that market. Is well.

Meanwhile
I'm an experience driver in Lagos. I need a car to drive on uber/bolt for weekly remittance.
Please if you have a car for me, quote me or check contact on my profile.
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by obi58: 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Good.

Let's all cooperate with the Lagos State Government to keep our city and whole state clean and safe for business and living.

Eko o gba gbere o.

Kuro Lona abeg....

What essential criterion has now been met if not settlement?
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Chibuzoripob: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Taylor92:

Mtchewwwww

This plantain bandit sef
Onionbandit undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by dahnimoh(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ladipo guys, go and sin no more
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by yahoodetector: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Good.

Eko o gba gbere o.

Igbos won this again. šŸ’ŖšŸ¾šŸ˜Ž

Most of the trucks that convey containers which omowida boys chase for "egunje" which majority of the proceeds goes to LASG and a greater share to the "Lagos Landlord" get their spare parts from Ladipo market.

We are not even talking about Danfo spare parts and that of other vehicles.

Who ship in these spare parts?
Who are the majority of the traders in the market?

No Yoruba or Hausa man fit get mind throw as much as N200m into shipping MACK and DAF spare parts in over 3 containers into Nigeria from the US and Europe.

Moral of the lesson: That you are politically strong means nothing when you try to fight someone who is Economically strong! IT WILL STILL BACKFIRE ON YOU!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Cantonese: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
anungangampu:
South East Governors should be vocal. Matters like this gave birth to Nnamdi Kanu. I am not saying, they have infleunce over what happens in other state's or the ministry shouldnt do thier work, but matters like this are a result of bad Negotiation.

Am sure millions were used for settlement as igbos are bad negotiators when it comes to civil matters. Ex Governors should be in the forefront of this arrangements whether it maters or not.

And the market belongs to only the people of the SE? What about traders from the other parts of the country? The NE, NW,SW,SSners, etc who trade there?
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by anungangampu: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2023
Cantonese:

And the market belongs to only the people of the SE? What about traders from the other parts of the country? The NE, NW,SW,SSners, etc who trade there?
Their sentiments differs. Just to quell the sentiment as they are majority.
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Ishilove: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
Angelfrost:
Good one... I hope they have learned their lessons?!!.

I don't get why traders can't maintain simple hygiene and keep their markets clean. Smh.
See those ones up there arguing and turning the matter to an ethnic issue. Primitives.

Meanwhile the day I went there to meet someone, I was shocked at how filthy the entire environment was. Even breathing the air in that market is a risk because of the nature of dirt floating around.

I must commend the state government and sincerely hope the lock the place for an even longer period if they go back to their disgusting and dirty ways
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Jostoman: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
After collecting big money from those market to pay salary
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Diligence: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
Of boy. Na Mushin LGA go vex for Lagos State Govt Pass...

See reason: You park one car at Ladipo ā‚¦1k, you do any kpakam on the vehicle, they charge you ā‚¦500.

Calculate ā‚¦1,500/vehicle multiple by thousands of vehicles that park at Ladipo, o boy Na 100s of millions daily be dat!

See. Not only Ladipo. LASG/Sanwo-Olu should pay (on time) those cronies of BAT that operate PPP with their private trucks early so they too can reciprocate by coming REGULARLY to evacuate those refuse bins littered all over Lagos State.
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Jostoman: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
JohnAOne:
If those PIGS šŸ– refuse to hear word and dirty the market again, don't hesitate to lock it up!

Lagos must be clean!

Lagos is NOT a market!
Anytime some governor dont have money to pay salary they just go to those big market, lock it up and ask them to pay big money as a bailed out before they can open it back. We know as e dey go.
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Angelfrost(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ishilove:

See those ones up there arguing and turning the matter to an ethnic issue. Primitives.

Meanwhile the day I went there to meet someone, I was shocked at how filthy the entire environment was. Even breathing the air in that market is a risk because of the nature of dirt floating around.

I must commend the state government and sincerely hope the lock the place for an even longer period if they go back to their disgusting and dirty ways

Those ones up there are mentally incapable of reasoning beyond their dirty homes and streets... Don't mind them.

I followed my wife to the market last month, and the filth was shocking and saddening... At the Chicken slaughter house, I literally couldn't breathe.

What I couldn't understand was how normal human beings allowed refuse and filth pile up around them to that alarming point.

Forget... Most Nigerians are abnormally dirty! Damn!!!

A normal human being will empty trash into a drainage or by the side of a major road?!! Nah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Abufo: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Good.

Eko o gba gbere o.

Baring corruption and the lack of willpower by government to do its work ......the masses are pliable enuff to comply with rules........so the blame falls back to government!
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Abufo: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
yahoodetector:

Igbos won this again. šŸ’ŖšŸ¾šŸ˜Ž

Most of the trucks that convey containers which omowida boys chase for "egunje" which majority of the proceeds goes to LASG and a greater share to the "Lagos Landlord" get their spare parts from Ladipo market.

We are not even talking about Danfo spare parts and that of other vehicles.

Who ship in these spare parts?
Who are the majority of the traders in the market?

No Yoruba or Hausa man fit get mind throw as much as N200m into shipping MACK and DAF spare parts in over 3 containers into Nigeria from the US and Europe.

Moral of the lesson: That you are politically strong means nothing when you try to fight someone who is Economically strong! IT WILL STILL BACKFIRE ON YOU!

You will be shocked at the number of yorubas who own shops in this same market........I am a stickler for rules for all! In fact the used spare parts sector was started by yorubas b4 ndigbo overtook them!
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by 90dbest: 1:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yoruba are the most stupid people I have ever seen. Stupid pigs . No apology
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by KosiGee(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. So you think cars have been breaking down on Lagos roads all these days? You just don't get it and it's a pity.

LASG can even send all of them packing permanently and that's it. With comments like this, I will not be surprised when that day come. The place is not even meant for a market and there are tonnes of petitions calling for the relocation of that market elsewhere in the far outskirts of Lagos.

All these kind of insults from Igbo like you will only stop when we implement the law of reciprocity as advocated here LAGOS GUBER & PLIGHT OF IGBO: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution
https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

How many Yoruba-dominated markets are in your own Igbo state? There's none. So give the Yoruba in your state such opportunities too so that Igbo in Ladipo will appreciate the need to keep and maintain the environment here in Yorubaland because they will not want to lose the Yoruba market in Igboland. This current system where you keep all your own and take of other people's resources is unjust and unsustainable.

You have your own resources in Igboland that you can give in exchange for same opportunities you enjoy in Yorubaland. When you give others same opportunities in your Igboland to the Yoruba then we collaborate by reciprocity.

Nobody will feel cheated with collaboration by reciprocity but if you withhold your own resources and don't release your own in exchange with the Yoruba, it's just a matter of time that the Yoruba will take their own resources from you and demand that you release your own in reciprocity first before they give you theirs.

Oga thereā€™s something wrong with you as a person. You are not ok mentally and you know this. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been waiting for and expecting a silly comment like the one you quoted. You guys are as silly, as annoying and as petty as the fool you replied. Traders at Ladipo and other markets donā€™t have as much time as the kids that you battle here every second. They are stressed and hustling people trying to exploit the large market and population to put food on their tablesā€¦every now and then, closure of markets will happen and youā€™ll see people say all sorts and of course online.

Your type leaves reality on ground, run to social media to scavenge for nonsense then hopefully apply that to those traders who donā€™t know you or have insulted or offended you.

People like you are sick and you as a person is beyond sick.

I hope you heal because you need to get well. Your body and soul are foul.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by macho44(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. So you think cars have been breaking down on Lagos roads all these days? You just don't get it and it's a pity.

LASG can even send all of them packing permanently and that's it. With comments like this, I will not be surprised when that day come. The place is not even meant for a market and there are tonnes of petitions calling for the relocation of that market elsewhere in the far outskirts of Lagos.

All these kind of insults from Igbo like you will only stop when we implement the law of reciprocity as advocated here LAGOS GUBER & PLIGHT OF IGBO: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution
https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

How many Yoruba-dominated markets are in your own Igbo state? There's none. So give the Yoruba in your state such opportunities too so that Igbo in Ladipo will appreciate the need to keep and maintain the environment here in Yorubaland because they will not want to lose the Yoruba market in Igboland. This current system where you keep all your own and take of other people's resources is unjust and unsustainable.

You have your own resources in Igboland that you can give in exchange for same opportunities you enjoy in Yorubaland. When you give others same opportunities in your Igboland to the Yoruba then we collaborate by reciprocity.

Nobody will feel cheated with collaboration by reciprocity but if you withhold your own resources and don't release your own in exchange with the Yoruba, it's just a matter of time that the Yoruba will take their own resources from you and demand that you release your own in reciprocity first before they give you theirs.
Your OWN Strong āœŠ
You seem to love discussing in topics like this, my question is WHY?
Are you a Tribal BIGOT?
Wetin Be Your GAIN?
Wetin Be Your AIM?
Any small thing, you don begin write epistle about how this tribe better pass this one, how this tribe Dem dey accommodating, how this tribe Dem no dey baff well!
Haba! E no dey taya you?
Has it ever occurred to you that you can do better, promoting "UNITY & TOGETHERNESS" with your write ups instead of fanning the embers and flames of ethnic division?
This life na jeje, nothing dey am. One day, you and me go comot this earth, make we all try leave beta legacy wey people go use remember us.
And before you say, na some people wey dia head flat dey start am, you don't have to be like them.
I come in peace āœŒļø

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by yahoodetector: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abufo:

You will be shocked at the number of yorubas who own shops in this same market........I am a stickler for rules for all! In fact the used spare parts sector was started by yorubas b4 ndigbo overtook them!

Myspace started before Facebook...90% of youths today from the ages of 30 downward who make use of smart phones don't know what MySpace is or was.

But almost everybody on planet earth knows or own a Facebook account.

No be who first start be issue...who is currently the major monopolist?
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by FreeStuffsNG: 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
KosiGee:

Oga thereā€™s something wrong with you as a person. You are not ok mentally and you know this. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve been waiting for and expecting a silly comment like the one you quoted. You guys are as silly, as annoying and as petty as the fool you replied. Traders at Ladipo and other markets donā€™t have as much time as the kids that you battle here every second. They are stressed and hustling people trying to exploit the large market and population to put food on their tablesā€¦every now and then, closure of markets will happen and youā€™ll see people say all sorts and of course online.

Your type leaves reality on ground, run to social media to scavenge for nonsense then hopefully apply that to those traders who donā€™t know you or have insulted or offended you.

People like you are sick and you as a person is beyond sick.

I hope you heal because you need to get well. Your body and soul are foul.
Mynd44 nlfpmod
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by Pierced(f): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
jude33084:
They also sealed Owode parts market, sealed Oyinbo market and many others due to their poor sanitation habits

Mile 12 market was also sealed.
Re: Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. by bolademi(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forex: CBN Pumps Additional $100m Into Market / Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" / How Lucrative Is Uber Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.