Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. (1650 Views)

How Abia State Is Being Fleeced - Michael Nwabueze / Why Should Obasanjo Be Envious Of Tinubu? (picture) / Tinubu: As A Man United Fan, I Am Envious Of Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DesChyko: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2023
The best quality a leader can exude is having their heart beat as one with the people.

Debt is the biggest problem facing every Nigerian entity. It stunts growth and development. To see a leader shunning pleasures for pragmatic approach to governance is something we are in dire need of.

Abians have done well for themselves after so many years of getting it wrong.

Hopefully, our collective time will come too. Let's stay steadfast. We will get it right eventually.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by anungangampu: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2023
Having leaders who are not puppet and serial politian is the key to south-east development. Having politician who are worried about their second tenure and about having grace from people in Abuja is disastrous to South East developments.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by nnamdizen(m): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2023
Dr Alex Otti is a gleaming hope in the hearts of not just people of Abia state or the south east, but for every Nigerian wishing for a better country to be proud of and speak about wherever they are.
Just Imagine what Nigeria would become in 10yrs if all governors elect would shelf their selfish interests and emulate their colleague in Abia state.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by EmirofAfonjaz: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2023
This is what an IGBO presidency Represents.

We will not even share OTTI..OBI...and the good IGBO leaders.
They will enhance BIAFRA!!

We will dash Anyim...Soludo..uzodinma to Yoruba people so they can merge them with DAPO Abiodun...and have a sophisticated NIGERIA.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by mrvitalis(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2023
DesChyko:
The best quality a leader can exude is having their heart beat as one with the people.

Debt is the biggest problem facing every Nigerian entity. It stunts growth and development. To see a leader shunning pleasures for pragmatic approach to governance is something we are in dire need of.

Abians have done well for themselves after so many years of getting it wrong.

Hopefully, our collective time will come too. Let's stay steadfast. We will get it right eventually.
Debt is not the biggest problem

In Igbo land the governors are scared of actually taxing the people because they know the implications

You can bribe someone that pays a total of 500k in tax #10k to vote for you na

Someone can't pay 500k in tax and not come out and vote

If am governor tax would not be deducted from salaries... You would be paid in full then you yourself would file your tax

It's help people feel and hold government accountable
It's renews social contract

Tax Nigerians and they would never vote based on tribalism again ever

11 Likes

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by MadamExcellency: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2023
The worst of Nigeria is having materialistic leaders. Rochas Okorocha would have been a wonderful Governor if not for greed, selfishness and materialism.

What you have is already enough for the next generation and you are not into human development, Industry and Agriculture or alleviating poverty through employing people. Enough should be enough.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by Obiedun(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2023
Audio!
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DesChyko: 11:47am On Oct 17, 2023
mrvitalis:

In Igbo land the governors are scared of actually taxing the people because they know the implications

If am governor tax would not be deducted from salaries... You would be paid in full then you yourself would file your tax

This makes a lot of sense. I appreciate this insight.

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DesChyko: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2023
Obiedun:
Audio!

Yes. We know your kinds and what you represent.

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by Obiedun(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2023
DesChyko:

Yes. We know your kinds and what you represent.
Social media thing
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by kettykin: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
mrvitalis:

Debt is not the biggest problem

. There are several igbos living in mainland who pay several millions in taxes to the Lagos government for themselves and their workers but they were disenfranchised and denied the right to vote

6 Likes

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by AsomughaChuks05: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
I hope that when he decamps to APGA not too long from now, you will still have nice things to say about him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by Evilthoughts: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
All I want to see are the refugees from Abia leaving other regions for their new paradise. Useless talk.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by emmanuelbrown26: 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
MadamExcellency:
The worst of Nigeria is having materialistic leaders. Rochas Okorocha would have been a wonderful Governor if not for greed, selfishness and materialism.

What you have is already enough for the next generation and you are not into human development, Industry and Agriculture or alleviating poverty through employing people. Enough should be enough.
Mehnnnnn n, it's still a mystery to me whenever I remember Rochas Anayo Okorocha.
Greed took over Rochas Okorocha, Rochas was suppose to be our generational Dee Sam Mbakwe, but he failed. Most especially when he joined dis blood sucking party.

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by emmanuelbrown26: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Obiedun:
Social media thing
Ronu wey no fit afford food, that one na better ronu so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by emmanuelbrown26: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
I hope that when he decamps to APGA not too long from now, you will still have nice things to say about him.
If his goodwill will continue and not deviate from his goodwill, unlike Rochas that started very well under APGA immediately he joined APC he began to act like a demigod

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by mrvitalis(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
kettykin:

. There are several igbos living in mainland who pay several millions in taxes to the Lagos government for themselves and their workers but they were disenfranchised and denied the right to vote
Because there numbers is critically low
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by Basic123: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
See what Igbo people are celebrating in the 21st century!

Rubbish!

😆 😆

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by Basic123: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Evilthoughts:
All I want to see are the refugees from Abia leaving other regions for their new paradise. Useless talk.

Honestly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DomPerignon: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
These ones are happy because Berger is repairing road for them.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by orohbirodeysmel: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abia is on the road to greatness

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DomPerignon: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:

They will enhance BIAFRA!!

We will dash Anyim...Soludo..uzodinma to Yoruba people so they can merge them with DAPO Abiodun...and have a sophisticated NIGERIA.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which useless Biafra ?

We are deporting you all to Pissrael and turning that evil forest you call home to an artificial lake.

1 Like

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by victorclean(f): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
You missed okorocha, achike, chimaroke, Egwu sam, orji uzo , etc

EmirofAfonjaz:

They will enhance BIAFRA!!ke

4 Likes

Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by BoldBrainz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

So long he'll keep up his stellar performances in whatever roles he'll be given to play by the people, Abians will support him and sing his praises while other well-meaning Nigerians like me will eulogise and brandish his adulations.

Party platforms shouldn't be precursors for good governance and attendant mass satisfaction.
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DeadCountry: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
The people stood together. . . and won!
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by DeadCountry: 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=nnamdizen post=126453986]
Dr Alex Otti is a gleaming hope in the hearts of not just people of Abia state or the south east, but for every Nigerian wishing for a better country to be proud of and speak about wherever they are.
Just Imagine what Nigeria would become in 10yrs if all governors elect would shelf their selfish interests and emulate their colleague in Abia state.
Mumu, your cesspit will not become anything even after 1000 years of Otti. Your cesspit is being held back by it's diabolic constitution that blocked over 64 items inside it's exclusive list. I am sure you don't even know what i am talking about, but shouting nigeria will be better is your foolish priority. Some of you useful idiot Igbos are our problem towards securing an independent Biafra where we will have a people's written constitution meant for proper development.
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by descarado: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
To early to start singing praise. Too early.

You guys are very emotional and wear your hearts on your sleeves that's why it is always crushed.
Learn to see politics as politics. Nigerian politics as Nigerian politics.
If somebody is performing, his people on ground will be the one beating the drum, not you living miles away from Abians.
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by nnamdizen(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=DeadCountry post=126462094][/quote] Who is this fool again
Re: I Am Envious Of How Abia Managed To Get It Right. by seborrhic: 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
He seems to be doing well,though I still think it's too early to pass judgement.
But if Otti continues on this right trajectory and turns around Abia,it would be a seismic change in leadership in that state.
From Orji Uzor to Theodore to ikpeazu, Abia has been cursed by horrible,massively corrupt governors that at a point I time I believed the state was cursed due to a collective sin in the past.
May Otti turn it around because if there is one state that needs even just an averagely effective governor,it's Abia.

(1) (Reply)

I Intentionally Refused To Release My WASSCE Certificate In 2015 – Buhari / Group Of Primary School Students Came Out Asking Thunder To Strike On Tinubu / Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.