Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years (7851 Views)

FG To Grant N5.5tn Tax Waivers In 2023 / Flour Mills to Acquire 76.8% stake in rival Honeywell Group at N80 Billion / Oil Prices Fall As U.S. Signals Possible Waivers On Iran Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by nathyx(m): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2023
It is a Northern conspiracy so that their indigenous Dangote can maintain the No1. richest man in Africa but thousands of Almagiri children deprived of basic livehood continue to roam about the streets begging to survive the day embarassed Wealth accumulation that you will still leave angry
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Luther0luther: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2023
Lest the Dangote bashing continue, note that he had an agreement with federal govt to construct some roads and in returm get the tax breaks

3 Likes

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Osamanelly(m): 10:00am On Oct 18, 2023
Nawa oooo
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by nickxtra(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2023
Allisgud:
Even with the tax holiday dangote still increase his cement
Read that post very before you make a comment. It's Dangote sinotrucks and not Dangote Cement

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Codes151(m): 10:03am On Oct 18, 2023
BUHARI na fool sha. Why should Dangote have tax waver?
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by advanceDNA: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

Dangote Tru his sugar daddies squeezed Nigeria to this point.

He will shrink too. . He will shrink.

Nigeria na cruise .

Only a few pple are enjoying it's resources and deceiving the masses that the country is broke
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by XY23: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The poor masses pay more in Nigeria,what an irony grin.

The market women are been taxed daily, driver and artisans are not left out.

Not only are they been taxed,but in most cases multiple taxes.

Let the poor breath indeed.

The poor is sacrificing so much to keep Nigeria running to service the profligate lifestyle of the political elites. No one is permitted to question the status quo without being addressed with tribal slurs. Both the educated and uneducated bigoted citizens are under a strong spell in this country. They don't know they're promoting the recycling of generational problems for their kids by supporting those who don't want Nigeria to work for all.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by SeaTrade(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The poor masses pay more in Nigeria,what an irony grin.

The market women are been taxed daily, driver and artisans are not left out.

Not only are they been taxed,but in most cases multiple taxes.

Let the poor breath indeed.
If Dangote shuts down just one of his plants in Nigeria, Can the poor or the market woman/women employ all of that Labour force that'll become jobless and add to Nigeria's burden or the forex crises it'll cause?
Doesn't he deserve more incentives than the poor? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by crossfm: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2023
XY23:

The poor is sacrificing so much to keep Nigeria running to service the profligate lifestyle of the political elites. No one is permitted to question the status quo without being addressed with tribal slurs. Both the educated and uneducated bigoted citizens are under a strong spell in this country. They don't know they're promoting the recycling of generational problems for their kids by supporting those who don't want Nigeria to work for all.

The funny thing is that even when you point out these anomalies,the people you are fighting for will see you as the enemy. We will rather die in the hands of our oppressive tribe's man,than allow a good man from another tribe take away our burden.

We frown at thief's,but accommodate "our own thief". Our problem is a compound complex one.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by adedayoa2(f): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2023
And their products are still expensive as hell.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by SeaTrade(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:
I have said this before and some clowns here were countering me.

Dangote will not at all have it rosy with Tinubu. I can say that again.

That refinery in Lagos was a Buhari and cohorts initiative. He cornered most of the FX in the country via Buhari and Emefiele approval. . His exchange rate often was even less than official rate. .

He can't survive now coz Tinubu will tackle him. . He, Tinubu is not in the caliphate caucus.

He had Tax waivers, COT waivers in most of his accts and was granted strange monopoly to milk Nigeria in some sectors. . He wont get those latitudes from Tinubu. .

Dangote was fronting for the power players in the north. He is one of the major reasons Nigeria has been destroyed to this measure.

Even BUA is breaking his spine in the cement industry now. . And other matters will begin to rise against him.

Tinubu gave him land to build in Lagos after he was denied land in Ondo .Why will Tinubu tackle something he is one of the brainchild and even lobbied dangote to come to lagos?

When you have a big business ,you can negotiate for Tax waivers with government,negotiate interest rates with banks and COT(I also pay zero COT in my business and nowhere near dangote),
Name one monopoly Dangote have.

You can't prove Dangote have any political affiliation,so I'll take this as beer parlour talk.

Dangote has a production capacity of 35MMTPA,BUA is yet to reach 17MMTA...So how can BUA break dangote's back in the cement industry?
Do you now see how baseless your accusations sound? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Larryndelaw: 10:31am On Oct 18, 2023
Haters will still blame BAT. Just watch
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Akaegwu(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2023
Omo Ibo company and business full the list
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Iamicekid(m): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2023
So they ain’t paying tax and yet there products was still expensive in those 2yrs Omo 9ja is spoilt
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by pocom35: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

That refinery in Lagos was a Buhari and cohorts initiative. He cornered most of the FX in the country via Buhari and Emefiele approval. . His exchange rate often was even less than official rate. .

He can't survive now coz Tinubu will tackle him. . He, Tinubu is not in the caliphate caucus.

He had Tax waivers, COT waivers in most of his accts and was granted strange monopoly to milk Nigeria in some sectors. . He wont get those latitudes from Tinubu. .

Dangote was fronting for the power players in the north. He is one of the major reasons Nigeria has been destroyed to this measure.

Even BUA is breaking his spine in the cement industry now. . And other matters will begin to rise against him.

lol..

Tinubu will work with whoever is willing to invest in Nigeria..don't deceive yourself..

Dangote and Tinubu are no enemies..
How did Dangotr get lands to build his refinery in Lagos..
alot of companies were mentioned for tax weaver.. however you choose to single out Dangote.. hilarious..

Let me also point that BUA is not shaking anything or breaking anybody.. cement is still selling above 5k in Edo state where one of his cement plant is..

Go to an average cement supplier and find out how many sells BUA cement compared to that of Dangote .. all the production capacity of BUA cement factory is not up to ..Dangote cement in ibese...when their new line on stream ..their total capacity will just be around equal to Dangote cement Obajana plant..where as Dangote operates 3 more plants

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by rajiedreez: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2023
Dangote na scam
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Basicend: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2023
SeaTrade:
Tinubu gave him land to build in Lagos after he was denied land in Ondo .Why will Tinubu tackle something he is one of the brainchild and even lobbied dangote to come to lagos?

When you have a big business ,you can negotiate for Tax waivers with government,negotiate interest rates with banks and COT(I also pay zero COT in my business and nowhere near dangote),
Name one monopoly Dangote have.

You can't prove Dangote have any political affiliation,so I'll take this as beer parlour talk.

Dangote has a production capacity of 35MMTPA,BUA is yet to reach 17MMTA...So how can BUA break dangote's back in the cement industry?
Do you now see how baseless your accusations sound? undecided

Not baseless in any way.

Every non-sentimental observer knows that Dangote's exceptional height in the Nigerian business space was based on biased governmental priviledges and not business ingenuity. He has been very close to power-players for many years. .

Yes, tax waivers and COT concessions can be granted to any viable business concern but do you know how many (synergies) have tried to invest in Cement industry and were frustrated by so called governmental policies?

Even the refinery thing, are you telling me that we don't have indigenous and (DFI) direct foreign investors that have wanted to float a viable oil refinery in Nigeria?

Did you skip the dollar cornering thing? Do.you know how many times the CBN (Emefiele-governed) had borrowed monies from foreign windows and Nigeria payed back the interests, just becoz Dangote needed to complete a core project?

To say that Dangote did not benefit from unfair governmental or political leverages is not valid sir.

Nigeria is not what you think.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Basicend: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2023
pocom35:

lol..

Tinubu will work with whoever is willing to invest in Nigeria..don't deceive yourself..

Dangote and Tinubu are no enemies..
How did Dangotr get lands to build his refinery in Lagos..
alot of companies were mentioned for tax weaver.. however you choose to single out Dangote.. hilarious..

Let me also point that BUA is not shaking anything or breaking anybody.. cement is still selling above 5k in Edo state where one of his cement plant is..

Go to an average cement supplier and find out how many sells BUA cement compared to that of Dangote .. all the production capacity of BUA cement factory is not up to ..Dangote cement in ibese...when their new line on stream ..their total capacity will just be around equal to Dangote cement Obajana plant..where as Dangote operates 3 more plants

Not saying they are enemies in any way. . Dangote cannot be an enemy with any politician. . He is wise in that aspect.

I am just saying the extra priviledges he derived under Bubu will not be given to him under Tinubu. .

Even, Tinubu and Atiku were friends and are still friends coz they all hold the cobweb.

The BUA thing cannot be instant. . It is a growing new development.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Khyrvxjzy: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Real Estate Companies should also be consider for tax holiday. No real Estate Companies was mentioned in the report.
Na watin happen.

teach me real estate
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by georgeakins: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2023
athaboi:
A very useless country...the rich keep getting richer while the poor die in misery! The same country where market women have their goods confiscated bcoz of local govt levy and road safety charges you 10k just bcoz your break light isn't functional is where dangote who is exploiting the masses with his monopolistic goods is allowed to go on tax holiday! Pathetic

Bitter Ibo man,
Don't kill yourself with bitterness.
The tax waiver is for industries, not shops.

Ibos don't own industries.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Khyrvxjzy: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

well i know tinubu na tight man, but when it get to investment he will do more for dangote
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by georgeakins: 11:19am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

Carry your bitterness commot here.
Jagaban has no grudge with genuine industrialists like Dangote.

It is only Ibos that are envious of Dangote's since there is no single industry in cursed Ibo land.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by pocom35: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

Not saying they are enemies in any way. . Dangote cannot be an enemy with any politician. . He is wise in that aspect.

I am just saying the extra priviledges he derived under Bubu will not be given to him under Tinubu. .

Even, Tinubu and Atiku were friends and are still friends coz they all hold the cobweb.

The BUA thing cannot be instant. . It is a growing new development.

The thing you guys don't understand is this...
In this new era.. No administration can allow emotions get in the way when some one is willing to lay down billions of investment into any sector... Government is truly in dire need of investors..they will do anything to attract them..tax waiver, access to land, swift approvals etc... The small and fragile new companies will just use this as an opportunity to start business..the Big Wolves and Tigers will use such opportunity to dominate.. that's where BUA and Dangote comes in...

Let me tell you a little story..

Did you know that Obasanjo did something similar to attract alot of investors in Nigeria..He began selling rotting but highly attractive government factories and companies..trust me ..small companies bought it..but the big dogs bought in mass..Dangote bought 2 cement plant (kogi and benue)..BUA brought sokoto plant ..a section of port Harcourt port.. almost bought Delta steel plc.. similar policies allowed Tony Elumelu to acquire Ughelli power plant..

Yar adua entered after Obasanjo..and Otedola, Dangote have almost perfected plans to buy warri and port Harcourt refinery..

Yar Adua..A slow thinking, naive and emotional man..with no justifiable reason reversed the process..let me tell you this for free.. if Dangote and Otedola succeeded in taking over those refineries..today..we won't be importing one drop of fuel.. and dollar won't go this high.. because we spend nearly half of all forex to import fuel..subsidies would have probably ended ever since..

One slight emotion made Yar Adua commit the most foolish act that is costing Nigeria till date.. he still went on to pay more subsidies during his time to reduce PMS prices..

So you want to tell me today that if government needs $50 bn in investment and lay out all the incentives to attract thousands of companies .. one man shows up and say ..I will commit $45 bn..and you expect government to take the Yar Adua way and ignore him...lol..dey play..

That is the same strategy Dangote used for his refinery.. FG owns 4 refinery with 445,00pbd total capacity.. since Yar Adua refuse to sell to Dangote.. he came back during the era of Jonathan when pms used to be scarce.
..and y'all were protesting.."we no gree oo we no go gree"... Dangote proposed a 650,000bpd single refinery which will supply all the products Nigerians need ( total control) .. even though it was a huge deal given a full sector to one man..which leader will not quickly approve it.. do you think investors are plenty out there for government to deny Dangote such deal... Nigerians have been importing fuel since independence..which company came and invested to change it?

Please start Thinking..leave emotions and think..

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by georgeakins: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2023
CharleyBright:
Dsngote.
This man is the one of the worst silent enemy of the Public.
Dangote has been exploiting and milking this country for decades while enjoying huge tax waivers
Using his financial muscles, connections competitive advantage thru tax waivers, Dangote jumps into any thriving business and monopolizes it by forcing out competitors by tactically introducing slightly cheaper products because he has huge tax waivers which other competitors don't have. After forcing competitors out, he then jack up prices of the product and exploit the consumers.
From Dangote Cement, Dangote Salt and Sugar, Dangote Pasta and numerous other household items, the story is the same.
Once Dangote enters the market, prices go up.
And these happen despite collecting huge tax waivers.
That is his fight with owners of BUA cement who have refused to allow him force them out of the market.
BUA cement owners are willing to crash cement prices to fight back.
So I laugh when I hear Nigerians celebrating that we would have a respite when Dangote refinery commence Operation.
The useless shylork will sell petroleum price at prevailing market price. Nothing will change.
Rather he will be the one benefiting from Tax Waivers that his refinery will enjoy.

Ibos are always envious of successful people from other tribes.
It is in their DNA
Envy and bitterness made them plug Nigeria into needless civil war
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by vastolord4(m): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2023
GABRIEL6036:
Tinubu is coming for their balls soon sad Greedy people

The rules are for the poor in nigeria
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by georgeakins: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

Not baseless in any way.

Every non-sentimental observer knows that Dangote's exceptional height in the Nigerian business space was based on biased governmental priviledges and not business ingenuity. He has been very close to power-players for many years. .

Yes, tax waivers and COT concessions can be granted to any viable business concern but do you know how many (synergies) have tried to invest in Cement industry and were frustrated by so called governmental policies?

Even the refinery thing, are you telling me that we don't have indigenous and (DFI) direct foreign investors that have wanted to float a viable oil refinery in Nigeria?

Did you skip the dollar cornering thing? Do.you know how many times the CBN (Emefiele-governed) had borrowed monies from foreign windows and Nigeria payed back the interests, just becoz Dangote needed to complete a core project?

To say that Dangote did not benefit from unfair governmental or political leverages is valid sir.

Leave Dangote alone.

Emeka Offor was a great beneficiary of massive looting done under Obasanjo. If he failed to invest the looted funds very well, you cannot blame anyone.

Allen Onyeama who is parading himself as the owner of Air peace was a broke man before GEJ became president. He never ran a single business outfit in his life before the advent of Air peace.

I know you're not bothered about these because thry are your fellow ibos.
Live and let live.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by Basicend: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2023
georgeakins:

Leave Dangote alone.

Emeka Offor was a great beneficiary of massive looting done under Obasanjo. If he failed to invest the looted funds very well, you cannot blame anyone.

Allen Onyeama who is parading himself as the owner of Air peace was a broke man before GEJ became president. He never ran a single business outfit in his life before the advent of Air peace.

I know you're not bothered about these because thry are your fellow ibos.
Live and let live.

I am a Yoruba bro, stop all these tribe. . tribe thing. Track my previous interactions.

Nigerians don't like truth.
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by SeaTrade(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2023
Basicend:

Not baseless in any way.

To say that Dangote did not benefit from unfair governmental or political leverages is valid sir.

There's been way more people that have been favoured by government in their capacities and they all failed.
FG is having tough time retrieving debts from NIRSAL,BOI,etc..beneficiaries ,why is that so?
Look,every big business at one point or the other is favoured somehow by somebody, doesn't make the beneficiary's efforts useless.And I'm not even admitting to Dangote being a beneficiary to any government support.
What synergies?Every government has basic requirements for all its sectors,if you want to play in that space,meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Nobody is frustrating or witchhunting you,there's over 5 to 6 solid players in cement as we speak so Where's the monopoly.
As for refinery,no one wanted to invest in it after holding refining licenses for many years for reasons known to them,now Dangote has taken the risk and you're shouting monopoly.

Did you expect Dangote group to source it's forex from the parallel market?Is he a spare parts dealer or what? undecided

If you work hard enough,you'll also be a beneficiary to government waivers,
Innoson too has been enjoying government patronage for his vehicles because he creates significant value.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by mariovito(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
And yet the price of their products keep skyrocketing.

What then is the benefit of these waivers to the ordinary Nigerian?
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by emmaodet: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
SeaTrade:
There's been way more people that have been favoured by government in their capacities and they all failed.
FG is having tough time retrieving debts from NIRSAL,BOI,etc..beneficiaries ,why is that so?
Look,every big business at one point or the other is favoured somehow by somebody, doesn't make the beneficiary's efforts useless.And I'm not even admitting to Dangote being a beneficiary to any government support.
What synergies?Every government has basic requirements for all its sectors,if you want to play in that space,meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Nobody is frustrating or witchhunting you,there's over 5 to 6 solid players in cement as we speak so Where's the monopoly.
As for refinery,no one wanted to invest in it after holding refining licenses for many years for reasons known to them,now Dangote has taken the risk and you're shouting monopoly.

Did you expect Dangote group to source it's forex from the parallel market?Is he a spare parts dealer or what? undecided

If you work hard enough,you'll also be a beneficiary to government waivers,
Innoson too has been enjoying government patronage for his vehicles because he creates significant value.

Exactly bro.
Exactly

There are a lot of people and companies that had benefited from government policies etc yet couldn't stand.
The attack on the man Dangote is too much.
There are many student that have access to all waec and jamb past questions, even had private teachers who helped them treat these papers and break it down for them.
Some were even privileged to get area of concentration yet they failed or scored lower than a brilliant chap who also had the opportunity
Re: Dangote, Honeywell, Others Enjoyed N390.26bn Tax Waivers In Two Years by SeaTrade(m): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2023
emmaodet:

Exactly bro.
Exactly

There are a lot of people and companies that had benefited from government policies etc yet couldn't stand.
The attack on the man Dangote is too much.
There are many student that have access to all waec and jamb past questions, even had private teachers who helped them treat these papers and break it down for them.
Some were even privileged to get area of concentration yet they failed or scored lower than a brilliant chap who also had the opportunity
Definitely,
Most of their rants is coming from tribal sentiments and naivety of the business world.
Bro,if you've started something and is able to grow it,you learn to leverage on your size and economic impact to dictate terms.
Even medium scale traders do this before na Dangote group.
If e easy ,make them too run am,simple.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winthrills: Is It Scam Or Legit? / I'm Thinking Of Becoming An Uber Driver / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.