Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT (40883 Views)

Highlights Of Peter Obi's Rallies In Lagos, Kaduna, Uyo, Others (video/pix) / Only Delta, Lagos, Kaduna, Two Others Pay Pensions – PENCOM / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by sageb: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2023
Kaduna is doing well, I'm surprised that it is ahead of Rivers state.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by oluwaseyi0: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

The states that actually generate more revenue than required to cover their operating costs are;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

This result was clearly rigged and we must reclaim our mandate in court. angry

Blind tribalism has finished you

The south generally is actually better off without the parasitic North whose only major ambition is increasing amajiri and Boko haram

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Chetas81(m): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2023
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2023
is the goverment a business? now you guys want to use IGR as a way of deciding the best states economically. Meanwhile every other state around the world use GDP to determine this.

Everything has to be backwards in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by bluecircle470: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2023
kettykin:
No south east governor should reveal the exact amount generated , give them the one Nigeria figures, Establish in stealth. Build quietly.

This should be our code for now

Go sit down joor… una poor for administration for SE and una go dey boast. Yeye people
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:29am On Oct 18, 2023
bluecircle470:

Go sit down joor… una poor for administration for SE and una go dey boast. Yeye people

SE is trying. Anambra is in the top 5.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

The states that actually generate more revenue than required to cover their operating costs are;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

Better stop being a bigot, man.

oluwaseyi0:

Blind tribalism has finished you

The south generally is actually better off without the parasitic North whose only major ambition is increasing amajiri and Boko haram

The harsh truth is that the SE is also as parasitic as the North. The figures do not lie. So also the SW, except for Lagos, and the middle belt.

Make we all face some hard truths. The solution to the parasistim, is that each and every state governor Taxes THE UNTAXED...and raises tax rates on the rich too. EVEN THEN...it might make things slightly better.

This is not an occasion for pride, or for defedning your state, it is an occasion for us to start facing hard truths.

2 Likes

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by wittywriter: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

Armaggedon:
poor sarcasm
Well the Eastern states did well. The report misquoted the research.

Wittyness
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Obiedun(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

Their stolen manhood
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2023
sageb:
Kaduna is doing well, I'm surprised that it is ahead of Rivers state.

Rivers state economy is still more than double the size of Rivers state. I guess when you are losing you elite change the rules to determine how the ranking is given.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by eneye1(m): 11:31am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

Hahahahahaha
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Better stop being a bigot, man.

The harsh truth is that the SE is also as parasitic as the North. The figures do not lie. So also the SW, except for Lagos, and the middle belt.

Make we all face some hard truths. The solution to the parasistim, is that each and every state governor Taxes THE UNTAXED...and raises tax rates on the rich too. EVEN THEN...it might make things slightly better.

This is not an occasion for pride, or for defedning your state, it is an occasion for us to start facing hard truths.

This is such a low IQ take. I wish Nigerians weren't so tribal and could actually reason.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by eneye1(m): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Those three states are made up of millions of people from other states
They made the state relatively comfortable for others to come and stay
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2023
eneye1:

They made the state relatively comfortable for others to come and stay

Anambra is also in the top 5, but because that doesnt fit your narrative you will ignore it.

*Sigh*
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by anungangampu: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:
is the goverment a business? now you guys want to use IGR as a way of deciding the best states economically. Meanwhile every other state around the world use GDP to determine this.

Everything has to be backwards in Nigeria.

Just for bragging

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 11:34am On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:

This is such a low IQ take.

Oga, did I abuse you? No. Did I call you names ? No. SO why are you abusive?

Better calm down.

I wish Nigerians weren't so tribal and could actually reason.

Eff it, I'm not tribal. My state is among those that does not make enough to cover operating costs...and yes it is a disgrace.

We have been told for donkey years that we are not making enough from taxation. And the above shows that we aren't.

We better face hard choices, man. It means more taxation, more tightening of the leakages, and fightng corruption FOR REAL.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by jcross19: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:
Hate him or love him, El-Rufai did an outstanding job in Kaduna State.

If not for his obsession with Islam and Fulani agenda, El-Rufai or Zulum should be the next president from the Nigerian president from the north. For now, Zulum is the right man for that job.
I just laugh you people and I wondered how black lack sense! Can you tell me how many federal government establishments are there in Kaduna?
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by MikeEghator: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2023
anungangampu:

Just for bragging

I've never heard of any place in the world that uses IGR to determine if a state is the best economically. They use other metrics. This is their way of changing the rules so they win lol.

The South has the large middle class of Nigeria, when they start taxing heavy, most of the south will be the ones paying the taxes, and it will be used to subsidize the north that has a lower average income with welfare/handouts.

:p

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Khyrvxjzy: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2023
kettykin:
No south east governor should reveal the exact amount generated , give them the one Nigeria figures, Establish in stealth. Build quietly.

This should be our code for now

i laugh quietly
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:

SE is trying. Anambra is in the top 5.

Southeast governors need to sit up and do better... They are a key part of the problems emanating from that region. Especially states like Imo and Abia.

As for the South-South... Those ones need serious DELIVERANCE! All Delta state ex-governors need to be tied and flogged in the central market square in Warri or Asaba. Spits! undecided

All past governors since Donald Duke in Cross River should be hanged! Every last one of them... The idiot calling himself a Prof should be tortured, and flogged, before being hanged.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Oga, did I abuse you? No. Did I call you names ? No. SO why are you abusive?

Better calm down.

Eff it, I'm not tribal. My state is among those that does not make enough to cover operating costs...and yes it is a disgrace.

We have been told for donkey years that we are not making enough from taxation. And the above shows that we aren't.

We better face hard choices, man. It means more taxation, more tightening of the leakages, and fightng corruption FOR REAL.

Nah the solution isnt more taxes. Take it from me. If the goverment is "corrupt" giving the goverment more money to spend aint gonna solve a thing.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:

Nah the solution isnt more taxes. Take it from me. If the goverment is "corrupt" giving the goverment more money to spend aint gonna solve a thing.

No it is, because

1.The oil money isn't enough. It isn't enough

2.The article says so...most states are not making enough to cover operational costs.

See no 2 above.

At the end, the states have to make more money. And the only way they can do so is by TAXES. The alternative is more loans.,...which most Nigerians do not want, especially since loan servicing is now chopping a large bit of our oil revenue.

It's a hard choice. Taxes, or we further get into the clutches of the IMF and world bank. They both don't give free gifts.

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by edungene7: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2023
The Alamajiri system is clearly visible in the North big for nothing states with nothing to show
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by wisdomkid: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

For you to remove Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, etc and add only Igbo states, it shows your mental capability, and arguing with you shows I lack decorum too.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:43am On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

No it is, because

1.The oil money isn't enough. It isn't enough

2.The article says so...most states are not making enough to cover operational costs.

See no 2 above.

At the end, the states have to make more money. And the only way they can do so is by TAXES. The alternative is more loans.,...which most Nigerians do not want, especially since loan servicing is now chopping a large bit of our oil revenue.

It's a hard choice. Taxes, or we further get into the clutches of the IMF and world bank. They both don't give free gifts.

Why are the goverments spending more money than they have to cover operational costs? If we give them more money, arent they going to just keep spending more than they have?

If you have 20 dollars and you spend 40 dollars every week, If I give you 50 dollars, are you going to start spending 100 dollars every week?

They need to cut costs. No more big houses, No more fancy cars. They need to post all spending online, so we the public can monitor it. After they can prove trustworthy, we can talk about other options.

Nigerian politicians hate electronic stuff because its harder to rig (its still possible) but they need to be posting ALLL spending online. They are public servants anyway.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by tollyboy5(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2023
Angelfrost:
Special recognition for Kaduna... They don't have the undue advantage Lagos has.

Every state governor needs to sit up, especially the acclaimed mineral and oil-rich states in the South.

The first step is to find a way to link up most states to the global world of trading, investments, and maritime affairs... Open more ports in other states, and start shifting industries away from the Center of Excellence.

Of course, it goes without saying that insecurity and road maintenance/rehabilitation have to be looked into, as a matter of emergency... There are states being held back by insecurity, especially in the North and the Southeast. This means State Policing needs to kick off fast.

Finally... Some states need to be merged back to where they were formed... I will refrain from mentioning names before their idiot citizens come for my neck. tongue
More port is a wrong idea man!
Creating a business friendly environment.
1. Security
2. Electricity
3. Good road.

Who will want to invest where there is a strong secessionist group, that will be putting your business on a risky stake. Or who will invest where the militant can decide to get back at the government through investors. Except you need empty port like the airport one governor did with rainbow colour . grin
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:

Why are the goverments spending more money than they have to cover operational costs? If we give them more money, arent they going to just keep spending more than they have?

If you have 20 dollars and you spend 40 dollars every week, If I give you 50 dollars, are you going to start spending 100 dollars every week?

They need to cut costs. No more big houses, No more fancy cars. They need to post all spending online, so we the public can monitor it. After they can prove trustworthy, we can talk about other options.

Yes they need to cut costs, but at the end, it doesn't solve our revenue problems

Hence, taxes.

Yes we need to cut costs, but we need more and more and more money. Population is growing, needs are rising.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by leanonme82: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2023
Please put EL RUFAIs picture cos he made that happen. cool

He said himself he used the Lagos template, they even adopted REMITA to automate payments to government coffers. He also ensured he outpaced Lagos before he left. He is in the category of 'Nigerias Bes Governors'.

2 Likes

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2023
leanonme82:
Please put EL RUFAIs picture cos he made that happen. cool

He said himself he used the Lagos template, they even adopted REMITA to automate payments to government coffers. He also ensured he outpaced Lagos before he left. He is in the category of 'Nigerias Bes Governors'.

this guy is a terrorist. He openly declared his intentions. We have other smart governors in nigeria. Babajide sanwo olu, Charles Soludo, Alex Otti, Dave Umahi, Ademola Adeleke, Caleb Mutfwang. I even like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by wasi9ice: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2023
Anambra State is killing the residents with multiple taxation,,
Transport, trading etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation Clean And Healthy Anambra Seize Market Women's Goods / Ekiti Election: I Am Coasting To Victory - Eleka, PDP Candidate / Raid On Justice Odili's House: Search Warrant Used (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.