Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT (40885 Views)

Highlights Of Peter Obi's Rallies In Lagos, Kaduna, Uyo, Others (video/pix) / Only Delta, Lagos, Kaduna, Two Others Pay Pensions – PENCOM / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by investigator007: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
So the remaining 34 states are the ones keeping us in debt?
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by NAC1666: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
shortIGBOman:

All the 5 Igbo States are parasite. They generate and contribute ZERO to the Economy. The North, South West and South South are the ones that are feeding the 5 South East States.
Lol.igbos are wise. Since they noticed the north don't contribute anything to the country but still get allocation,they quietly joined the queue. Think¡¡¡

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Jcoleworld911: 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
shortIGBOman:

All the 5 Igbo States are parasite. They generate and contribute ZERO to the Economy. The North, South West and South South are the ones that are feeding the 5 South East States.

Rasheed adebayo🌚
Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

The states that actually generate more revenue than required to cover their operating costs are;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

This result was clearly rigged and we must reclaim our mandate in court. angry
Appeal Court Will Help Us Reclaim Our Mandate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You are just bla bbering and bla bbing, always shouting tax tax tax without considering if those they tax will get values for the taxes they are paying.
Can you mention just one service or basic amenity in which the payment of taxes by the masses will be justified here in Nigeria?

Talking about states being parasites is lame, ordinary security of lives and properties, the government can't provide, conducive business environment, they can't give and you want people to pay for taxes from the ones they do by themselves.
In a working society, every SE, SS and most SW states have what it takes to run their states independently.

I am tempted to call you a mu² but I won't do that because it is not necessary.

Taxing people without results for it, is also a form of stea ling.

Tor, then stop complaining when your governor takes loan then.

Nigeria is a broke ass nation. The corruption practiced by our leaders makes the broke ness even more. Even if we eliminated the corruption, we would still be in the same issue of brokeness.

We need more money to have goodies. It is not by pretending that revenue that cannot satisfy 10 million people will suddenly satisfy twenty times that number.

Also, better vote for people who would earn us more money. I no dey vote for APC or PDP, I no go ask you to vote for dem

Good afternoon.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
kettykin:
No south east governor should reveal the exact amount generated , give them the one Nigeria figures, Establish in stealth. Build quietly.

This should be our code for now
Lol grin
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Fearyourcreator: 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging.

The states that actually generate more revenue than required to cover their operating costs are;
Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

Hmmm
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by kayusely70(m): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:
Hate him or love him, El-Rufai did an outstanding job in Kaduna State.

If not for his obsession with Islam and Fulani agenda, El-Rufai or Zulum should be the next Nigerian president from the north. For now, Zulum is the right man for that job.
I quite agree with you on this!
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:

If not for his obsession with Islam and Fulani agenda, El-Rufai or Zulum should be the next Nigerian president from the north. For now, Zulum is the right man for that job.

Elrufai and Zulum shouldn't be in the same sentence. Zulum is an administrator for spending (buhari pro max)
Elrufai is for wealth generation....
So choose one

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Tor, then stop complaining when your governor takes loan then.

Nigeria is a broke ass nation. The corruption practiced by our leaders makes the broke ness even more. Even if we eliminated the corruption, we would still be in the same issue of brokeness.

We need more money to have goodies. It is not by pretending that revenue that cannot satisfy 10 million people will suddenly satisfy twenty times that number.

Also, better vote for people who would earn us more money. I no dey vote for APC or PDP, I no go ask you to vote for dem

Good afternoon.

I don't think I have made any comment with respect to complaining on lack of funds for the government.
Most of my comments toward them if any are on insecurity and bad policies which affects businesses and the economy at large.

I don't even comment on embezzlement because that one na their skins which can't be separated from the rest of their bodies.

As for voting, I stopped being political after 2015, I'm now an apolitical person. I can't say for the future sha.

Good afternoon!
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2023
kettykin:
No south east governor should reveal the exact amount generated , give them the one Nigeria figures, Establish in stealth. Build quietly.

Mumu talk. That's how you'll bring hdi and other data backed developmental index naw
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ola9ja23:
Oloriburuku Daru Dapo that was imposed on Ogun state people has once again proved himself as a disaster on sit of power.

Ogun state has been on steady retrogressive backwardness since this scatter scatter Governor immerged in 2019.

Daru Dapo, you are cursed

Nah that's based on this context.
Look at the other picture ogun is number 1 in igr performance growth....

But they spend more(2x) compare to kaduna on expenditure(recurrent) .
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
GeneralPula:
El-rufai did well in Kaduna state..

He was able to attract investors & he was able to increased the state IGR..

He also attracted debt?
But with kaduna fiscal indication(since past 4yrs) this shouldn't be a problem if the current government follows Elrufai growth path.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
paxx:
is the goverment a business? now you guys want to use IGR as a way of deciding the best states economically. Meanwhile every other state around the world use GDP to determine this.

Everything has to be backwards in Nigeria.

South Africa vs Nigeria
One has higher gdp, the other has higher igr..... Which is better managed?

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by amnesty7: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kaduna courtesy of the gutsy Elrufai who laid the foundation.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2023
famology:
Obaseki na English u just dey speak up and down. Where's Edo State? Mtcheeeew

Top 10
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Simeonjoe1: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
famology:
Obaseki na English u just dey speak up and down. Where's Edo State? Mtcheeeew

Top 10
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by eleniyan2020: 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kenneth4u205:
Those three states are made up of millions of people from other states
why can't other states pple do that in there state?
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by eleniyan2020: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ozommadu:

Omo you're shameless

What about the big for nothing ogun and huge igr OYO with only brown roofs??

You think you want to ridicule southeast whereas none of your rest five states even made top five but Anambra made it.

You should be ashamed of yourself
oyo brown roof your pple are running too...werey!
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Ozommadu: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
eleniyan2020:
oyo brown roof your pple are running too...werey!

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

I don't think I have made any comment with respect to complaining on lack of funds for the government.
Most of my comments toward them if any are on insecurity and bad policies which affects businesses and the economy at large.

I don't even comment on embezzlement because that one na their skins which can't be separated from the rest of their bodies.

As for voting, I stopped being political after 2015, I'm now an apolitical person. I can't say for the future sha.

Good afternoon!

At the end, if you want better security, we need more money for funding...which brings us back to the matter of taxes.

That's the painful thing about Nigeria. Things can be better, but to get there means hardship level polices.

1 Like

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Felix6: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:

Abeg shut up. Are they supposed to do inseating job? Calling on ground-pas to drive you to your doom every time. Suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Jack500: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
kettykin:

Keep fooling yourself, which yeye figure. You need brain
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by adeblow(m): 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:

I agree, but Zulum is more of a people pleaser than doing what the state needs.
Zulum needs to do more than feeding the populace bags of rice and indomie.
He is trying in terms of infrastructure though.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by paxx: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

South Africa vs Nigeria
One has higher gdp, the other has higher igr..... Which is better managed?

What does management have to do with IGR and GDP.

Nigerian goverment cant even manage the oil properly. The one they have they haven't managed, you want to give them more.

UAE manages their oil, they have multiple refineries and the goverment owns all of it.

Nigeria doesnt have any working refineries, and we are suffering from massive oil theft, and corruption.

Manage the one you have now, when you can manage that we give u more.

If you give someone who cant manage 5, 10. What makes you think you will get a different result?

Nigeria needs to work on nationalizing mineral and oil etc. Thats the role of a goverment. then use the money to build infrastructure. We should be owning every part of the resource pipeline to maximize profits. Then use the profits to build trains, roads and to give security.

Thats the role of a goverment. Not to tax the heck out of its people and scare businesses and Foreign investors away.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by blueAgent(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Better stop being a bigot, man.

The harsh truth is that the SE is also as parasitic as the North. The figures do not lie. So also the SW, except for Lagos, and the middle belt.

Make we all face some hard truths. The solution to the parasistim, is that each and every state governor Taxes THE UNTAXED...and raises tax rates on the rich too. EVEN THEN...it might make things slightly better.

This is not an occasion for pride, or for defedning your state, it is an occasion for us to start facing hard truths.

You would make a very bad and foolish leader
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by blueAgent(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

You are just bla bbering and bla bbing, always shouting tax tax tax without considering if those they tax will get values for the taxes they are paying.
Can you mention just one service or basic amenity in which the payment of taxes by the masses will be justified here in Nigeria?

Talking about states being parasites is lame, ordinary security of lives and properties, the government can't provide, conducive business environment, they can't give and you want people to pay for taxes from the ones they do by themselves.
In a working society, every SE, SS and most SW states have what it takes to run their states independently.

I am tempted to call you a mu² but I won't do that because it is not necessary.

Taxing people without results for it, is also a form of stea ling.

Ignore that dude , the guy na big Fool.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by nairalanda1(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
blueAgent:

You would make a very bad and foolish leader

Okay...it's not like I am running for leadership anyway.
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by shortIGBOman: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
Jcoleworld911:

Rasheed adebayo🌚
Are you serious?

Emeka na so e be. The East is a barren Region. Thats why Igbo people no fit stay East. They have to relocate to the North and South West to enable them make money.grin grin

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Beelisam: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
SoNature:

This isn't true. When Kaduna state is struggling to salaries?
Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by shortIGBOman: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Which agriculture 🤣🤣
Dey play
SW contributes nothing to Nigeria as well. U guys are equally parasites like the north and SE
Remove Lagos developed with our money from SW and u guys will be competing with NE 😁😁.
I passed through ogun last week from abeokuta to sagamu to ijebu ode to agbara etc. 70% na bush despite the many companies, no meaning development, no good road, nothing at all. But na SE be una problem 🤣🤣
GEJ na the biggest fool ever. He had opportunity to share this country make we go our way and be enjoying our oil alone like Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Parasites everywhere
From north to SW to SE

The 5 Igbo States in the EAST contribute nothing to Nigeria except CRIMES grin grin

Re: Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT by Cooletempa: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Pure rigging. grin grin

Anambra
Imo
Enugu
Abia
Ebonyi.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / 2019: Ayodele Fayose Reaches Out To Labour Party For Presidential Ticket / Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.