Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend (55767 Views)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Marynwachukwu21(f): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
hammerFC:
Dem done carry Isiagu enter church. grin
Soon every igbo man will dream of Isiagu print suit abi na coat for his wedding day.
Design the front with gold chain and button, military style.

E just dey start/begin.
NA SO

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by VinnyBaba: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:

Even the priest have a touch of isi agu.

Very TRUE!😊

Igbos are letting their CHRISTIAN CLERGY Know that their Traditions is also Important to them! πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Orinechi: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
Armaggedon:
your reasoning is faulty. Having a single and standard traditional wedding is the way. Wearing Isiagu and Igbonizing white wedding does not solve the problems of dual wedding ceremony in Igboland.
Bro, u are on point.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by RealityKings: 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Good enough
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 1Sharon(f): 12:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Tacky. Just have a full blown traditional wedding. Stop mixing and matching.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by sulakishop(m): 5:03am On Oct 19, 2023
Ok.

Lemme come and be going before my fried garden egg burn
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by BenedictAbajue(m): 5:10am On Oct 19, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Them no wear their winter cap?
Men on caps are not allowed during certain parts of the Catholic Holy Mass. So most times, we skip the cap part
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by okoroemeka(m): 5:14am On Oct 19, 2023
Kobicove:
I totally hate the practice of using the Isi-Agu to sew a dress for whatever occasion. angry

It is disrespect to the reverence reserved for the fabric as a symbol of status and authority in the Igbo culture!
a mere cloth cannot be the symbol of status and reverance in igboland,age,maturity, truthfulness,character and responsibility are better criteria to judge an elder in igboland then a simple cloth or cap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by jnrbayano(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
Groom refuse to wear SUIT

Chibunna my man
He was the trailblazer back then

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by MimiSheWrote(f): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mehn
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Henry22(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
Emperormartin:

Ibu onye eriri eri...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Stephench: 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2023
Isiagu agu my foot! If you want to keep your culture, why do you wedding at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Babangidapikin: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
When last did you see a Lion or Tiger roaming in the East, the only thing I know that roam about is an Antelope ... So me I am just curious sha about this concept, please enlighten me and show me a Lion or Tiger from the east ...
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Terrible genetation of youths,that is why they have no peaceful life.
They use elderly revere apparel for dastardly acts and unruly behaviors.Igbo youths of today are defiant and low sense children.So sad,isi agu is messed up. angry

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
hammerFC:
Dem done carry Isiagu enter church. grin
Soon every igbo man will dream of Isiagu print suit abi na coat for his wedding day.
Design the front with gold chain and button, military style.

E just dey start/begin.

I don already design the wear for my head.

Omoh, that kind blazers/suit no go bad o. cheesy grin
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2023
1Sharon:
Tacky. Just have a full blown traditional wedding. Stop mixing and matching.

Sorry, your tra shy opinion is not needed on this.

Swerve!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Enemyofpeace: 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
Poverty is a decease
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Napata77: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC.

WE ARE GRADUALLY SHEDDING THE COLONIAL INFLUENCE AND BECOMING AFRICANS AGAIN.

THE ANCESTORS ARE SMILING.

KUDOS TO ALL CONCERNED IN THIS TREND.

TO TRULY PROGRESS AS AFRICANS, WE MUST THINK LIKE THE CHINESE, JAPANESE, AND INDIANS.

THEY ELEVATE THEIR CULTURE, HERITAGE AND RELIGION OVER ANY EUROPEAN TRADITION.

NEXT STEP IS TO START UPDATING AND RETURNING TO OUR TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION.

BUILD GRAND TEMPLES OF TRADITIONAL SPIRITUALITY LIKE OUR ANCESTORS DID IN ANCIENT ISRAEL, NUBIA, AND EGYPT.

WE KNEW GOD THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE EUROPEANS, SO THEY CANNOT TEACH US DIVINITY OR HOW TO WORSHIP THE SUPREME BEING.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Climax11: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That's pure and absolute nonsense

You sound like a slave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Youngbillion12: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
they chop you and collect change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Menclothing: 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Love in the air
Many people did same too in Lagos

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 1Sharon(f): 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Sorry, your tra shy opinion is not needed on this.

Swerve!

Who is this one? Make me swerve. Toothless bulldog.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
You just define yourself
You carry another man's tradition and you are abusing your own tradition. Why are Africans so low brained? When everyone is waking up to the brainwash we still have people that prefer to be slaves forever. I spit on hollow brains like you.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by ponishah: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:
Bride wey wear 'Isi Agu' for church wedding tok why she do so

Di couple wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
One couple wey wear 'Isi Agu', for dia church wedding don begin trend afta dia fotos go viral.

Pipo bin begin react afta fotos of her wedding go viral - di common tin na to wear white dress for church wedding for Nigeria but recently, couples don dey explore oda traditional styles to rock for dia wedding.

Bride wear Isi AguWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Di bride tell BBC Pidgin say her decision na out of di love wey she get for Africa and black pipo and to also create sometin wey dey different.

couple for churchWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Isi agu wedding outfit

According to @Ikejiofor Ella Amy wey bi di bride, " i be fashion designer, so i use di medium to send out my message. And from pipo responses i dey happy say we all love to embrace our own"..

Nigerians react to Paystack co-founder tweet of how e 'dress' go wedding
Nollywood actress Rahama Sadau spark 'controversy' with dress wey show her back
Nigerian actor Lateef Adedimji confam say e dey marry im colleague Mo Bimpe
Di bride say e be like mystery wen pipo hear wetin her plan be for di wedding outfit and dem wait to see am. She add say she bin receive plenti accolades on social media.

Isiagu, wey mean Chieftaincy be traditional outfit for Igbo land. Di material dey for special occasions like weddings and dem dey take am sew orisirisi style.

Bride wear Isi Agu for church weddingWIA DIS FOTO COME FROM,@IKEJIOFOR ELLA AMY
Wetin we call dis foto,
Bride wear Isi Agu for church wedding

Ms Ella say she dey happy say we di younger generation dey go go back to di roots and embrace wetin be our own.

See how some pipo react

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-59199702
Stupid slavery mentality!
BACK PEOPLE ARE THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL SLAVES ON EARTH, THEY ARE HAPPY TO REMEMBER THAT THEY NEED TO WEAR ATTIRES RELATED TO THEIR CULTURE, BUT DID NOT REMEMBER THAT THEY HAD DONE A REAL WEDDING AT THE BRIDES MAIDEN HOME, AND WERE REALY REPEATING AND DOING A SECOND WEDDING IN A CHURCH.
STUPID MONKIES STILL ENSLAVING THEMSELVES, EVEN WHEN FREED.
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP MARRYING A BRIDE TWO TIMES, IN NIGERIA

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
Marynwachukwu21:
Wahala be like koi-koi shoe,is this now a trending or whatπŸ™„.But I love the design
It's better than white people's culture.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by djon78(m): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

What makes it nonsense?

This is very good for our culture

If this was trending when I did my own
I for wear am do wedding

Those couples are Odogwu!!

Period
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Angelfrost(m): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Armaggedon:

How?!! Is there a specified outfit for wedding in your Bible as a Christian?!!

The couple can even dress in native outfits for the Church marriage blessing.
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by Raskimonojendor: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by YourGFsnatcher: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
TimFisher2:
grin

I am so proud of my ancestral origin.

God I thank you everyday...Na you do this one oooooo.......
I am not igbo, but I'd rather wear this on my wedding day than wear a white man's culture
Re: Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend by 99thEnemy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:

Even the priest have a touch of isi agu.

You mean the Bishop?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? / Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady / Photos: Wizkid's Son Rocking Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.