Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (55803 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / How To Look Beautiful Naturally / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 3:54pm On May 05, 2008
What would you endure in order to look beautiful and what do you think its "taking it too far" so to speak? What has been the most extreme thing you have done for beauty?

Personally, i can psyche myself to do arm, leg, underarm and Hollywood waxing and eyebrow threading, all in one afternoon. I can spend up to 50 quid on one cosmetic product and like most Nigerian women I can spend the whole day doing my hair! I use 25-50% chemical peels on my face every once in a while. Once and only once I dared to blow 130 pounds on a facial (I am ashamed of that tho). I am presently contemplating belly button piercing and laser eye surgery but the reason for the surgery is more medical than superficial.

I would say the most extreme was using 50% TCA peel all over my face to fade scars a while back.

However, i think plastic surgery of any kind is out of the question. What say ye?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 3:58pm On May 05, 2008
I forgot to add I have endured hydrocolonic cleansing but the reason was mostly medical. i would do it again for superficial reasons tho grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by iice(f): 4:07pm On May 05, 2008
Hmmm na wah. . .
Have no problems with people doing their stuffs. . .it's their body even though, some people can be seriously warped.

Personally, am not into alot of things.
Am quite mannish when it comes to alot of things grin grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 4:10pm On May 05, 2008
I do spend most of what i earn on cosmetics and facial treatments,,,
chemical peels - yes, spa treatments - yes, entire days at the salon - definitely yes!
I've been thinkin about colonic irrigation for a while now (for health reasons of course),,, whatdid it feel like,  I hear its extremely uncomfortable
I dont think I'd ever go as far as plastic surgery,,, unless its sumthin i really cant cover up or live with

is the laser eye surgery to correct ur vision?
I wear contact lenses and I think I'm happy with them,,, the surgery went wrong for a colleague of mine and i guess that put me off it
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Dreloaded(f): 4:26pm On May 05, 2008
why pay for a body wax when you can do it yourself or just use depilatory?? 

-anyway the most i do is eyebrow wax once a month, don't understand those people who do it like every week and end up with latina brows aka having to use permenant marker to draw some.
-Hair obviously
-manicure and pedicure, once a month

and im done,  everything else i do on my own. although i wouldnt mind getting a facial or going to a spa sometime.

lol iice, Im sure i beat yyou in that. at least you do your nails, once a week. tongue
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by angeleses: 4:30pm On May 05, 2008
all these just to have a di ck inside your hot wet juicy moist pu ssy?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 4:33pm On May 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

why pay for a body wax when you can do it yourself or just use depilatory??

waxing pulls the hair from the roots, if its done properly there shdnt be growth for up to eight weeks
depils only disintegrate or dissolves the hair, leaving the roots intact

. although i wouldn't mind getting a facial or going to a spa sometime.

you shd, !

every woman deserves a little pampering now and again
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 4:35pm On May 05, 2008
angeleses:

[size=18pt]
THAT IS JUST CRUDE AND TASTELESS!!!
[/size]

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Dreloaded(f): 4:40pm On May 05, 2008
ignore the duide HR, that's his shtick on NL which is why he changes his name every 48 hrs

Anyway they sell home wax kits, I think that's better than spending so much doing it outside. abi?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Busta(f): 4:41pm On May 05, 2008
Gotta change the hair once a month - its a must!!. . . unless its braids.
wax ma eyebrows at least once a month . . or threading, which is more painful but last longer.
bikini waxing is summer time only . .  embarassed
Was into manicure and pedicure until after I had an infection on my finger . . scared me a lot so I stop with the acrylics.

spa would be nice from time to time . . .relaxes ur body and soul
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by iice(f): 4:42pm On May 05, 2008
H.R, pay him no attention.  That's the way he posts.

TOH, for real oo.  I don't get the eyebrow thing too.  The eyebrow will be disappearing small by small, till they start drawing lines. . .anyhooo, it's their face.
Oh i wear contacts (not always)
What brought me to faciasl, was my mom dragging me there.  I do still get facials, but its quite rare.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Busta(f): 4:43pm On May 05, 2008
angeleses:

That was a very irksome and nescient thing to say if u ask me.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:48pm On May 05, 2008
angeleses:

no comment lipsrsealed

HR.hotness:

I do spend most of what i earn on cosmetics and facial treatments,,,
chemical peels - yes, spa treatments - yes, entire days at the salon - definitely yes!
I've been thinkin about colonic irrigation for a while now (for health reasons of course),,, whatdid it feel like, I hear its extremely uncomfortable
I don't think I'd ever go as far as plastic surgery,,, unless its sumthin i really can't cover up or live with

is the laser eye surgery to correct your vision?
I wear contact lenses and I think I'm happy with them,,, the surgery went wrong for a colleague of mine and i guess that put me off it

I have done colonic irrigation in the U.K and in Lagos. You get over the shame of being partly nude once the discomfort hits grin Its nothing too bad tho its just bowel movements for 1 hr smiley The difference between the U.K and Lagos expxeriences was that I think the Lagos one was more thorough although the lady was not that well trained in the matter and wasnt as professional as the U.K one. I did 2 sessions a week apart in the U.K (120 quid together) which helped my IBS a bit. I did 3 sessions in Lagos within 1 week (cost 30K) and I have been cured of the IBS that had disturbed my life for the last 5 years prior to the procedure plus my stomach was very flat afterwards wink I have no regrets doing it.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 4:49pm On May 05, 2008
thanx girls,,, i really can't stand classless people

@ D-reloaded
home wax  kits are less efficient,,, ever wondered why they come cheap? thats so u have to get a wax every other day,,, u might as well use tweezers

getting it professionally done means u're set for an average of 6 wks
they use a better quality wax that is sure to get d nasty little buggers,,,

go get waxed professionally and see how long it lasts,,, i'm sure u'd see the diff
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:51pm On May 05, 2008
Busta:

Gotta change the hair once a month - its a must!!. . . unless its braids.
wax ma eyebrows at least once a month . . or threading, which is more painful but last longer.
bikini waxing is summer time only . . embarassed
Was into manicure and pedicure until after I had an infection on my finger . . scared me a lot so I stop with the acrylics.

spa would be nice from time to time . . .relaxes your body and soul

I agree with the spa comment. Wish I could afford to go more often, this place is too expxensive!

Ouch what caused the manicure infection?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Dreloaded(f): 4:53pm On May 05, 2008
lol i leave that to my brows  tongue Now brows, I dont know how people do that at home. creepy

Even depilatory I only use on underarms. Im not that hairy in general.

Its nothing too bad tho its just bowel movements for 1 hr

ewww  embarassed
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:55pm On May 05, 2008
HR.hotness:

thanx girls,,, i really can't stand classless people

@ D-reloaded
home wax kits are less efficient,,, ever wondered why they come cheap? thats so u have to get a wax ever other day,,, u might as well use tweezers

getting it professionally done means u're set for an average of 6 wks
they use a better quality wax that is sure to get d nasty little buggers,,,

go get waxed professionally and see how long it lasts,,, i'm sure u'd see the diff

I second that. DIY waxing is hit and miss for me. The best kit for that is 'bliss poetic wax' but nothing beats a no-nonsense therapist stripping away those pesky hairs with hot wax! The last brazillian wax I did was after a 4 month 'break.' I was seeing stars, I wanted to disappear or evaporate half way during the treatment shocked
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 4:57pm On May 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

ewww embarassed

Lol. If your everyday comfort depended on it you wouldn't be saying eeew. The results are well worth it me thinks!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by iice(f): 4:59pm On May 05, 2008
Ajebota:

I second that. DIY waxing is hit and miss for me. The best kit for that is 'bliss poetic wax' but nothing beats a no-nonsense therapist stripping away those pesky hairs with hot wax! T[b]he last brazillian wax I did was after a 4 month 'break.' I was seeing stars, I wanted to disappear or evaporate half way during the treatment shocked[/b]

Ahahahahahaha.
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 5:00pm On May 05, 2008
HR.hotness:

is the laser eye surgery to correct your vision?

@ HR.hotness: Yeah the laser is to correct my vision. What exactly happened to this colleague of your's and how far back was this. Did it have something to do with where he / she did it?
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 5:03pm On May 05, 2008
iice:

Ahahahahahaha.

lol true talk o! I wont forget the experience quickly. My eyes had rolled to the back of my head and I was stunned into silence by the pain. My eyes were as wide as saucers, damn the things i put myself through willingly undecided
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 5:20pm On May 05, 2008
Ajebota:

I second that. DIY waxing is hit and miss for me. The best kit for that is 'bliss poetic wax' but nothing beats a no-nonsense therapist stripping away those pesky hairs with hot wax! The last brazillian wax I did was after a 4 month 'break.' I was seeing stars, I wanted to disappear or evaporate half way during the treatment shocked

Girrrllll, I knw that feeling oh,,,
i remember on a trip to Nigeria, i didnt knw where i cld get good quality waxing so i decided to wait till i got back,,, i still shudder at the memory of that session,,, the girl adv that next time a trim might help,,, i was thinkin there wont be a next time, I'll never wait so long between waxes, EVER!

the thing with your IBS, i'm glad for u, i knw someone who suffers from it and she still can't shake it, i can see how miserable it makes her cry
my interest in colonic irrigation is for weight loss tho, I recently lost 3 stones and i can't shake the last 1 stone, someone suggested it was a good way to go, plus it has health benefits as well,,,, i'm still skeptical tho, d idea of things going into that part of my anatomy is very discomforting  grin

Ajebota:

@ HR.hotness: Yeah the laser is to correct my vision. What exactly happened to this colleague of your's and how far back was this. Did it have something to do with where he / she did it?

She had it done last yr but I don't knw where,,,
i think it has something to do with the person tho, she filed a law suit and was paid compensation but her eyes are worse off than it was in the beginning,,, 
don't want to discourage u oh, the procedure is pretty straight forward these days and with less margin for error,,, but havin seen what she went through u can understand why I'm happy to continue wearing contact lenses  grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 6:05pm On May 05, 2008
HR.hotness:

my interest in colonic irrigation is for weight loss tho, I recently lost 3 stones and i can't shake the last 1 stone, someone suggested it was a good way to go, plus it has health benefits as well,,,, i'm still skeptical tho, d idea of things going into that part of my anatomy is very discomforting grin

Definitely. A colonic will kick start your remaining weight loss. I combined mine with light eating for 2 weeks or so and the difference was incredible. Lost 1.5 to 2 inches everywhere and my stomach was flat as a pancake as opposed to bloated. Sad to say am back to square 1 which isn't really bad but I was enjoying how I looked!

The colonic will enable your food to be broken down faster and used more efficiently instead of forming a 'queue' in your large intestine waiting to be 'released.' grin

Trust me if you can handle Brazilian waxing, colonic is no biggie in terms of nudity, in fact its more decent! The inserting bit is not painful -at least for me it wasn't. After 5 mins trust me you will forget any shyness issues you may have had hehehe
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 7:05pm On May 05, 2008
Ajebota:

Definitely. A colonic will kick start your remaining weight loss. I combined mine with light eating for 2 weeks or so and the difference was incredible. Lost 1.5 to 2 inches everywhere and my stomach was flat as a pancake as opposed to bloated. Sad to say am back to square 1 which isn't really bad but I was enjoying how I looked!

The colonic will enable your food to be broken down faster and used more efficiently instead of forming a 'queue' in your large intestine waiting to be 'released.' grin

Trust me if you can handle Brazilian waxing, colonic is no biggie in terms of nudity, in fact its more decent! The inserting bit is not painful -at least for me it wasn't. After 5 mins trust me you will forget any shyness issues you may have had hehehe

i suppose i shd give it a go,,, grin
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by aloib(f): 10:50pm On May 05, 2008
hmm once a month i go to the salon to clean my nails, but i do my nails every week my self sha,
i go do my eye brows every week also
shave my legs every week cool( myself)
hmm hair, i wash it like 3ce a week, flat iron it wen its dry,
hot oil like 1ce a month, then once in 3 months i go to the salon for a hair spa, i'm mostly on pony tails or once i wash my hair, i just add olive oil , brush a lil wear a head band and my curls come naturally cool,
regular eyeshadow, mascara, eye liner. blush, lip gloss and balm. everyday
i'm an acessory freak, lol ring, bangles, big earings, some funny stuffs on my ankles, waist bead cool :p
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 05, 2008
Take my bath every morning and night. cheesy
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Cadet(f): 11:21pm On May 05, 2008
It depends on who I'm trying to look beautiful for grin cheesy
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 12:11pm On May 06, 2008
Cadet:

It depends on who I'm trying to look beautiful for grin cheesy

why do u hav look beautiful for anybody, can't u just do it for urself?? undecided
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 2:58pm On May 06, 2008
stillwater:

lol welldone!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Ajebota(f): 3:01pm On May 06, 2008
HR.hotness:

why do u hav look beautiful for anybody, can't u just do it for yourself?? undecided

Yeah, taking care of yourself makes should make you fell good and sexy first and foremost before it makes ur bobo salivate, cheesy Of course its only natural to want 2 look your best when that special someone shows up on your doorstep!
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by Bblak(f): 3:19pm On May 06, 2008
stillwater:

That's very vital cool
Re: How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? by HRhotness(f): 9:22pm On May 06, 2008
Ajebota:

Yeah, taking care of yourself makes should make you fell good and sexy first and foremost before it makes your bobo salivate, cheesy Of course its only natural to want 2 look your best when that special someone shows up on your doorstep!

I love looking my best,,, even to go to sleep (i take the term beauty sleep seriously) grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / Makeup Transformation Of A Woman To A Younger Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.