Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT (26710 Views)

Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer / LAGESC Dislodges Street Traders, Hawkers In Iyana-ipaja, Egbeda, Ikeja, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SonOfDSoil01: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
AriyaTV:

You cleverly dodged the question he asked you. May be I should remind you;

He said,

when are you going to honour the agreement you made with us here about deactivating you account if Tinubu wins the presidential election.
you better don’t waste your time waiting for a sensible response from that shameless thing, someone who isn’t even proud of is ancestral land, you can tell by is choice of moniker grin they lack shame where he comes from!
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Menclothing: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
It didn’t start today more than 10 yrs

All the people who sell charger and cloth with wheelbarrows are mostly from Ebonyi hard working but that route is too stressful

3 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by MICVOCT(m): 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Wrong analysis!!!

VOID

MICVOCT
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SonOfDSoil01: 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Stephench:

Are you normal? What's my business with what report said? Once a report say something it becomes true? And who told you I'm Igbo? FYI, I'm not Igbo and I'm always having clashes with Igbos but I'm not biased neither am I a hypocrite.
whatever you are is your business, if you have no business with what the report said, then why are you commenting ignorantly? I am sure a research was carried out before reaching that conclusion but here you are with no fact to dispel the report but here you talking nonsense, abeg face front😂
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Trustmea: 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Obakoolex:
Not lie tho.

Most are from afikpo, izzi or ezza local government
Especially that Izzy and Ezza ppl. In as much as I'm not trying to downplay their hustle I still believe that Government of that state can do better to change the narrative. Akwaibom did it under Akpabio. I think afikpo ppl are the most enlightened ppl from that state though I might be wrong. One thing I like about these ppls is that they are hardworking. Their women dey work hard. It's just the bad eggs among them that's stealing even a trivial things like biro.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by prophetfire: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I am very disappointed that this ugly trend of using minors as street hawkers is still prevalent among Ebonyi state indigenes despite all the hardwork and huge investments right from the PDP Governor, Dr Sam Egwu, HE Elechi to the Dave Umahi-led administration to reverse this ugly trend.

How on earth can Ebonyi state which is one of the least populous states in Nigeria account for 60% of hawkers in the most populous black nation on earth shocked That's extreme poverty or worst form of human trafficking.

It is looking like there's a clandestine human trafficking industry that recruits these young boys and girls for this trade and Ebonyi state Government should go after the kingpins while empowering the arrested street hawkers.

In fact, Ebonyi can request other states to help arrest these Ebonyi minors and return them to Ebonyi for welfare rehabilitation and empowerment.

No doubt, it is good news that Ebonyi state is doing something to curb it by giving money as much as N2 million to the Ebonyi state boys and girls willing to quit the dangerous street hawking trade in Lagos and all over Nigeria but they need to get to the root of the problem.

Akwa Ibom did it by reducing the export of their people to cities as house helps so Ebonyi can reverse this ugly tag of the state as the street hawker recruitment capital of Nigeria and Africa. Check my signature for free stuffs!
THERE'S DIGNITY IN LEGITIMATE HAWKING BUT THERE'S NO DIGNITY IN SKULL MINING AND HAWKING AGBO WITHOUT NAFDAC APPROVAL. grin
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by tojahh(m): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2023
Where's Nigeria?

Una go dey Lagos dey use am as yardstick to compare Nigeria.

Awon Eleriburu
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by naija1stnigar(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nigeria media is one of the major problem we have in this country, if not for gain saying, how on Earth will you allocate a whooping 60% to just one state, out of 36, so you are practically saying that Ebonyi State has more hawkers than the whole northern Nigeria? As Nigeria's economy stand, it is statistically possible that one out of every 5 families in South West will produce at least one hawker. Not to talk of northerners that exports themselves everywhere doing all sorts of dirty jobs including Hawking of different products. Am not from Ebonyi but, I think the media needs to stop giving these people unnecessary and denigrating colouration.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by omenka(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
90% of those who hawk around Tito Makurdi are from Anambra state. 50% of those who hawk around B Vidision are from Kano.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by mabea: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I am very disappointed that this ugly trend of using minors as street hawkers is still prevalent among Ebonyi state indigenes despite all the hardwork and huge investments right from the PDP Governor, Dr Sam Egwu, HE Elechi to the Dave Umahi-led administration to reverse this ugly trend.

How on earth can Ebonyi state which is one of the least populous states in Nigeria account for 60% of hawkers in the most populous black nation on earth shocked That's extreme poverty or worst form of human trafficking.

It is looking like there's a clandestine human trafficking industry that recruits these young boys and girls for this trade and Ebonyi state Government should go after the kingpins while empowering the arrested street hawkers.

In fact, Ebonyi can request other states to help arrest these Ebonyi minors and return them to Ebonyi for welfare rehabilitation and empowerment.

No doubt, it is good news that Ebonyi state is doing something to curb it by giving money as much as N2 million to the Ebonyi state boys and girls willing to quit the dangerous street hawking trade in Lagos and all over Nigeria but they need to get to the root of the problem.

Akwa Ibom did it by reducing the export of their people to cities as house helps so Ebonyi can reverse this ugly tag of the state as the street hawker recruitment capital of Nigeria and Africa. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Nothing wrong with hawking. Many rose from hawking to millionaires in the same Ebonyi. By the way hawking is not an Igbo word. Definitely not synonyms to Ebonyi.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by sylve11: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
60% of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State- Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h

Nor be lie at all. cool
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SpaceTour: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
Anambra, hawk ? I think you just want to troll

omenka:
90% of those who hawk around Tito Makurdi are from Anambra state. 50% of those who hawk around B Vidision are from Kano.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SpaceTour: 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
Accept the bitter truth. Almost all the hawkers in Nigeria are from your ebonyi state. Ask your governor to focus on human capital development

mabea:
Nothing wrong with hawking. Many rose from hawking to millionaires in the same Ebonyi. By the way hawking is not an Igbo word. Definitely not synonyms to Ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by spagettiluv: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
Millimann:

Exactly.

As I'm looking out of my office window now, I'm seeing one of them agbo sellers, a dirty looking girl from that side as usual.
those two women will buy your entire family

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by xynerise: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2023
That is their own apprenticeship programme
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Donchieli: 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
So the north nko

Lyk I no get
If ebonyi people make up 60% den it has to be on a 200% scale Cuz no how any state hawk pass sokoto people

FreeStuffsNG:
60% of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State- Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by code77(m): 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
What do you expect they are regarded as 3rd class Igbo. What is their Governor doing to reduce the poverty level of these people?

I have thee, the first class Igbo. Na your papa make dem third class abi? See your myopic thinking. Mtchewwww
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by comrChris(m): 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Obakoolex:
Not lie tho.

Most are from afikpo, izzi or ezza local government
Which Afikpo?
It's extremely hard, I repeat extremely hard to see an Afikpo person hawking on the road.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ournolly: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
A very stupid thread.
At least they are not beggars which are made up of 99% of certain people.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Emola12(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
What do you expect they are regarded as 3rd class Igbo. What is their Governor doing to reduce the poverty level of these people?
does tinubu reduce poverty in Lagos as a gorvernor before he left there Try to get sense madam
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by soccerlite: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
People are supposed to avoid this thread, it should be left for the creator and his caricature bat buttlickerß
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2023
code77:

I have thee, the first class Igbo. Na your papa make dem third class abi? See your myopic thinking. Mtchewwww
How are you 3rd class Igbo?
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Cruzmaster: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

When am living in Onitsha, there's this Ebonyi couple that sold the child of her housemaid to a rich man. The girl was hawking Okpa for the couple and get pregnant. They allow her to born because they have already seen a buyer. If not they would have send her back or abort the pregnancy. After giving birth, the girl continue hawking for them. They do beat this girl almost every day. Fear Ebonyi people o. That's why we Anambrarians and most Igbos don't like them.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by zeenaman: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
Rayban26:
We all know what youre trying to achieve with this thread. It's not like you care. Why not focus on your lagos that has problems of it's own? Fake news merchant
These ones too will claim they devolped Lagos
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by mabea: 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
SpaceTour:
Accept the bitter truth. Almost all the hawkers in Nigeria are from your ebonyi state. Ask your governor to focus on human capital development

Is that why you are spitting all over the place. Once again nothing wrong with hawking, many rose from there.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Graysons: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2023
wiseone28:
It doesn't change a fact that after River indigene Aks is the most populated in PH. Most of those people usually come from the villages
So why did you say make I check my map well. undecided
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Graysons: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
WorWorBoy:
He's not wrong! The closet states to River state are Abia, once you are in Oyigbo west,you are almost in Abia. And Baysela, once you have pass Engenni in Ahoada west, you are already in Baysela. So what exactly are you saying?
Tell am ooo

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Airlord2030: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
tctrills:

No sir it's not painful. One must be proud of honest labour.
And as I said, these guys earn more than private secondary School teachers.
Go and hawk your ear buds and shaving stick and stop disturbing me
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Stephench: 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
whatever you are is your business, if you have no business with what the report said, then why are you commenting ignorantly? I am sure a research was carried out before reaching that conclusion but here you are with no fact to dispel the report but here you talking nonsense, abeg face front😂

You must be an idiot if you don't know that there is a thing called "critical thinking". Perhaps you swallow any propaganda thrown your way - or you only do it when it confirms your bias
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by tctrills: 6:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Airlord2030:
Go and hawk your ear buds and shaving stick and stop disturbing me
If I was faced with teaching in one of those slavery private schools or hawking, I would choose hawking any day.
Keep enjoying your 40k a month while the Ebonyi boy make double that.
Educated fool
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Kossyso: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Cruzmaster:
When am living in Onitsha, there's this Ebonyi couple that sold the child of her housemaid to a rich man. The girl was hawking Okpa for the couple and get pregnant. They allow her to born because they have already seen a buyer. If not they would have send her back or abort the pregnancy. After giving birth, the girl continue hawking for them. They do beat this girl almost every day. Fear Ebonyi people. That's why we Anambrarians and most Igbos don't like them.
If you are truly nwafor then you need to be wise with your assertions in a public forum . I am from Anambra as well but I don't hate Eboyians.
Yes, some of their acts are condemnable likewise other state with their own issues. If you are born in that state, do you think you will be any different?

There was a time when we dehumanized and chased Ghana out of Nigeria but today the reverse is the case.
Stop hating on your fellow Igbo men and women! Be kind to everyone because nobody knows tomorrow.
Do you know what $1 rate is today? SMH
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by MOVIC6: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hawking is their profession

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Glory Osei Reacts To Accusations Of Fraud By Former Employees / Bola Shagaya: Billionaire Business Woman Beautiful In New Photos / CBN Edges Towards Free Float Of Naira With Discontinuation Of Cap On Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.