Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,352 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT (26639 Views)

Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer / LAGESC Dislodges Street Traders, Hawkers In Iyana-ipaja, Egbeda, Ikeja, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by porthouse7(f): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Minus Agbo and Sachet dry gin hawkers in Lagos and Ibadan states and tell us how you arrived at your fake news
just die on this forum as u promised, are u a coward

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by ekitimanalways(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Minus Agbo and Sachet dry gin hawkers in Lagos and Ibadan states and tell us how you arrived at your fake news
Ibadan is not a state!

2 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SonOfDSoil01: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
MrEverest:
Stop spreading annoying fake news. Tinubu has finally destroyed Nigeria but instead of his senseless tribalistic supporters to beg Nigerians for forgiveness, you're here acting more foolishly.

Most of the hawkers I know are mainly from the North, some Yorubas but you're too blind to know.

Fruit sellers, yam hawkers, agbo hawkers and so many others are not from Ebonyi state.

even with the verifiable report published you still decided to display your foolishness😂 I know your ego has been bruised by that report, and don’t know why it came as a surprise to you chest beaters, we have always know your region to be the poorest in the south, that why most of us laugh out loud when y’all chest beat about being the richest and how everyone needs you😂 y’all can keep living in your fool’s paradise will we laugh at your silly jokes

4 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by sonofthunder: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
60% of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State- Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h

This feels like a dumb assertion from AIT. You mean they found a significant population of hawkers in states like Adamawa, Zamfara, Edo, Niger, Borno states and all others to be over 50% from Ebonyi? Which state is next and what percentage do they occupy.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Abalado(f): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
Very correct,,in my state alone, na them they hawk pass

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Airlord2030: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
tctrills:

Oga, hawking is not a crime
But just do you know, the average hawker makes more money than the average private secondary school teacher in Lagos.
e pain this igbo hawker grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Belial06: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://youtu.beT_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h

Sunkanmi don't you look like a hawker ? 😄😄😄😄😄
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by deji17: 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
It's time to throw Ebonyi indigenes under the bus because they dare to be different from other Igbos who are mostly into drug trafficking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by BarrElChapo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ebubu how are you ?
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SpaceTour: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ebonyi is the most backward state in Nigeria. Stop deceiving yourself

osuofia2:
smiley
Ebonyi under Dave Umahi has changed the naratives of the Ebonyi people. Ebonyi is the most developed SE State in the last 8 years.
God Bless Ebonyi State

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SpaceTour: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Useless abakaleke miscreant, you need to defend your useless worthless ebonyi state in this thread. Ebonyi is cursed

osuofia2:
smiley
Ebonyi under Dave Umahi has changed the naratives of the Ebonyi people. Ebonyi is the most developed SE State in the last 8 years.
God Bless Ebonyi State
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by TUTU147: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hawking is just for a time, from hawking to owning a shop, from shop to warehouse.Igbos believe in hustling.What I don't support is minors doing what adults are meant to do.This is also applicable to Yorubas,ebira,etc where children are doing adult job like mechanic, bricklayer, carpenters etc.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
90% of Agbo Hawkers in Nigeria are from Ilorin and Osogba axis while 90% of meat butcherman or cow meat sellers are from Iwo in Osun state in Nigeria.
Ozommadu:

Do you know the number of agbo hawkers in every nook and crannies of this country??

Agbo hawkers made up 90% of street hawking in Nigeria fact

2 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by tctrills: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Airlord2030:
e pain this igbo hawker grin grin grin
No sir it's not painful. One must be proud of honest labour.
And as I said, these guys earn more than private secondary School teachers.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by IreneChidi(f): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
At least HAWKING is not a crime.

BUT HAMAS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS LIKE YOU ARE WORTHLESS CRIMINALS THAT SHOULD BE SHOT
yelebe mazlems
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Graysons: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
wiseone28:
Househelp work is not specifically to a tribe don't be stupíd

River State is Aks neighbor that's why Aks people are more there
The closet states to Rivers is Abia,Baysela and Imo state. Akwa ibom isn't closed to consider themselves River state neighbors. And I am not wrong, most of the house boys and house girls in Port Harcourt are from Akwa ibom. And if you don't like it,go hang yourself dog eater
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Jefferyhi86(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ashawo for south south(benin) Na benue majorly
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by wiseone28: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
Graysons:
The closet states to Rivers is Abia,Baysela and Imo state. Akwa ibom isn't closed to consider themselves River state neighbors. And I am not wrong, most house boys and house girls in Port Harcourt are from Akwa ibom. And if you don't like it,go hang yourself dog eater
Go and learn your map well

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by rickyrex(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h
A very bitter truth. I am igbo and i stand with AIT opinion. Onisha and lagos harbours much of them

2 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Angelfrost(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2023
NFBI:
You can write well with a coma not with three dots 🙄

Well, it is etc.

You can do either... The 3 dots could also denote a thought omission. I use them all the time, even in my professional writing.

You will need to try harder than that if you wish to be petty or needlessly pedantic.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by thesicilian: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
The quality of comments on Nairaland is really appalling. The admins should do something about it
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by WorWorBoy: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
wiseone28:
He's not wrong! The closet states to River state is Abia, once you are in Oyigbo west,you are almost in Abia. And Baysela, once you have pass Engenni in Ahoada west, you are already in Baysela. So what exactly are you saying?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by SonOfDSoil01: 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Stephench:
This cannot be true. Hausas hawk certain things and they're everywhere. Yoruba's hawk specific wares and stuffs and they're everywhere across the country. Fulani men and women hawk some specific goods and they're everywhere across the country. Every ethnicity have their specialized department of things they hawk. Maybe 60% of hawkers of Igbo origin are from Ebonyi state but not 60% of hawkers in Nigeria
pls always read and comprehend before you comment on a public forum, I know you feel the need to defend your tribe because it’s seem your ego has been bruised being the chest beating tribe you are. But here the report simply said 60% of the total number of hawkers in Nigeria has we all know your tribe are generational migrants and are scattered everywhere like refugees, so pls stop trying to sound like you making any sense!
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Hotice085: 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I am very disappointed that this ugly trend of using minors as street hawkers is still prevalent among Ebonyi state indigenes despite all the hardwork and huge investments right from the PDP Governor, Dr Sam Egwu, HE Elechi to the Dave Umahi-led administration to reverse this ugly trend.

How on earth can Ebonyi state which is one of the least populous states in Nigeria account for 60% of hawkers in the most populous black nation on earth shocked That's extreme poverty or worst form of human trafficking.

It is looking like there's a clandestine human trafficking industry that recruits these young boys and girls for this trade and Ebonyi state Government should go after the kingpins while empowering the arrested street hawkers.

In fact, Ebonyi can request other states to help arrest these Ebonyi minors and return them to Ebonyi for welfare rehabilitation and empowerment.

No doubt, it is good news that Ebonyi state is doing something to curb it by giving money as much as N2 million to the Ebonyi state boys and girls willing to quit the dangerous street hawking trade in Lagos and all over Nigeria but they need to get to the root of the problem.

Akwa Ibom did it by reducing the export of their people to cities as house helps so Ebonyi can reverse this ugly tag of the state as the street hawker recruitment capital of Nigeria and Africa. Check my signature for free stuffs!

What is bad in being an hawker or househelp?
Or you prefer them to be Ashawos in Europe and the global drug Lords?

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by nedekid: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
I'm not a fan of FreeStuffsNG but constructive criticism like this should be welcome by all well meaning Nigerians.
Exactly.
I am supprised he can be constructive in his criticism, although one must take it with a pinch of salt based on his antecedents. He might some how still have alterior motives

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Graysons: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
wiseone28:
Oga the closet states to to Rivers are Abia Baysela and Imo.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by AriyaTV: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Lol, there is dignity in labour but no dignity is skull mining and ritualism that Ogun and Ibadan states people are known for .

You cleverly dodged the question he asked you. May be I should remind you;

He said,

when are you going to honour the agreement you made with us here about deactivating you account if Tinubu wins the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by wiseone28: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
WorWorBoy:
He's not wrong! The closet states to River state are Abia, once you are in Oyigbo west,you are almost in Abia. And Baysela, once you have pass Engenni in Ahoada west, you are already in Baysela. So what exactly are you saying?
Stay aside i know why i am tackling him
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by wiseone28: 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2023
Graysons:
Oga the closet states to to Rivers are Abia Baysela and Imo.
It doesn't change a fact that after River indigene Aks is the most populated in PH. Most of those people usually come from the villages
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Stephench: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
pls always read and comprehend before you comment on a public forum, I know you feel the need to defend your tribe because it’s seem your ego has been bruised being the chest beating tribe you are. But here the report simply said 60% of the total number of hawkers in Nigeria has we all know your tribe are generational migrants and are scattered everywhere like refugees, so pls stop trying to sound like you making any sense!

Are you normal? What's my business with what report said? Once a report say something it becomes true? And who told you I'm Igbo? FYI, I'm not Igbo and I'm always having clashes with Igbos but I'm not biased neither am I a hypocrite.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by WorWorBoy: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
wiseone28:
Stay aside i know why i am tackling him
Oh! You have scores to settle? grin grin let me mind my business then.🚶🚶

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World's 100 Richest Men. I Call The Ladies Men / CBN Edges Towards Free Float Of Naira With Discontinuation Of Cap On Forex / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.