Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,031 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT (26717 Views)

Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) / Hawkers Fight Dirty On Lagos Ibadan Express Road Over Customer / LAGESC Dislodges Street Traders, Hawkers In Iyana-ipaja, Egbeda, Ikeja, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ozommadu: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
AKWATGOLD1:
90% of Agbo Hawkers in Nigeria are from Ilorin and Osogba axis while 90% of meat butcherman or cow meat sellers are from Iwo in Osun state in Nigeria.

Your head correct my brother cheesy
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Mikkeal: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Minus Agbo and Sachet dry gin hawkers in Lagos and Ibadan states and tell us how you arrived at your fake news
To you it will be fake news in Ekiti which is yorubaland there are agbo sellers but the number of ebonyin hawkers are staggering,from chargers and phone accessories ,to egg rolls, groundnuts,etc you automatically know they are ebonyi

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ozommadu: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
Millimann:

Exactly.

As I'm looking out of my office window now, I'm seeing one of them agbo sellers, a dirty looking girl from that side as usual.

Not everyone is impoverished like you and your family.

You no get joy oo

Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by stasius: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
Instead of robbery please hawk.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ttipsy(f): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
This is not nice
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Kingzjayzee: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ozommadu:

Do you know the number of agbo hawkers in every nook and crannies of this country??

Agbo hawkers made up 90% of street hawking in Nigeria fact
this table u are shaking ehh grin

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by essentialone(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
No wonder the Minister of Work is from Ebonyi. Dem go work tire.

Abegiii, there is dignity in labour no be for this one.

Before you quote me, I was a hawker for many years. But now I can look back and tell you there is no life in hawking. Dont praise it, if you are not a hawker. If you are a hawker, quit now. You will never regret quitting. Unless you are a...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Billionairly: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
Here is a story for all you unenlightened CHILDREN, My father started his life by hawking food stuffs as a teenager, then he made enough to get a small table in a public market, then years later he made enough to get a shop and started selling clothes, then he opened a second shop then the third, then he bought a land and built apartments for rent, then married my mother, then built more apartments for apartments for rent, sent his younger siblings to school, we were 7 of his kids, he sent us all abroad to study outside the country. My siblings are engineers, Phd Holders, MBA holders from top institutions globally partly scholarships graduated top of their class. I went into the tourism Business, I closed on a 30 room hotel in spain during the lockdown in 2021, just bought a 40 room hotel in germany early this year, I have 50 percent ownership in two hotel chains in hotpots in South Asia, amongst a host of many properties i wasted money on in nigeria littered investment in different kinds of asset classes. A story of courage of an igbo teenage boy who chose to dare, strive and endure. I am still in my early 40s the world has not heard the last of me,

On one hand you are complaining that igbo people are controlling all the markets in nigeria, while on the other hand you are mocking their street traders, how do think they ended up being the only ones surviving in these markets? Its because if they have been through the schooling process of petty business survival like hawking or apprentiship.

Let me be the first to tell you, those igbo people hawking on the street today, if they dont get killed by the dangers of street trading. In 4 years or more, they end owning shops in places that you envy them for, but if you are given the same shop and goods you cannot last two years before you are forced to close, because you havent been through that school process, part of which you are mocking here.

Big ups to genuine legitimate hustlers out there, street hawking or not, in a country where you could have easily been influenced by crime, you have dared God and chosen a path of straightness..Your sweat today, as long as you keep your math right, is what your children and their children will exist to tell. I am living proof!

Obviously Ebonyi cannot mathematically make up 50 percent of hawkers in nigeria, not even up to 10 percent, are ebonyi people hawking in Borno, Kano, Maidugri?, The OP is a known bigot, I still had to respond.

3 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Af0nja: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
iamtardey:
Benue too so many little kids in the very busy Lagos traffic o

Adults hawk too

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by BentizilL0: 12:47am On Oct 19, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Lol, there is dignity in labour but no dignity is skull mining and ritualism that Ogun and Ibadan states people are known for .
When are you leaving nairaland?...

Shameless thing...
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by drololaaof: 5:07am On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=126478332]60% of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State- Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6T_DZ3J7oY?si=-nHEGZmE4aPLBD2h
[/quo
I disagree, how about the aboki boys hawking around the corners and crannies.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by juman(m): 6:34am On Oct 19, 2023
Anambra is the state with most hardened criminals.

But those lesser criminals like armed robbers, kidnappers, etc in south east in particular, they are from ebonyi.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Dareal90s(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2023
Ozommadu:

You know you're deceiving yourself
Maybe u are deceiving yourself, same u said Yorubas don't travel now you are saying they full your state selling agbo.

Shey ur brain dey work like dis so?
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ozommadu: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2023
Dareal90s:

Maybe u are deceiving yourself, same u said Yorubas don't travel now you are saying they full your state selling agbo.

Shey ur brain dey work like dis so?

You Don travel outside your region b4??

You see why I said una no dey travel?
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by ufotunang: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2023
It shows that they are hardworking...ithey are better than those that goes into criminal activities, Yahoo Yahoo....
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Hasp089(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2023
How did you get this figured have u been to the northern part of the country, common always verify. I rest my case
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Bold78(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2023
At least the hawking put food on their table. Unlike some of you that do absolutely nothing but this[color=#990000][/color]

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Dareal90s(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2023
Ozommadu:

You Don travel outside your region b4??

You see why I said una no dey travel?
Yes we no dey travel go backward places when we have places better than Yoruba land, we have UK, Canada, USA e.t.c. so why will I want to go the the SE where I will be told not to come out on Monday? I'll rather go to Kano.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Ozommadu: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2023
Dareal90s:

Yes we no dey travel go backward places when we have places better than Yoruba land, we have UK, Canada, USA e.t.c. so why will I want to go the the SE where I will be told not to come out on Monday? I'll rather go to Kano.

This UK abi? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Adaisback(f): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I am very disappointed that this ugly trend of using minors as street hawkers is still prevalent among Ebonyi state indigenes despite all the hardwork and huge investments right from the PDP Governor, Dr Sam Egwu, HE Elechi to the Dave Umahi-led administration to reverse this ugly trend.

How on earth can Ebonyi state which is one of the least populous states in Nigeria account for 60% of hawkers in the most populous black nation on earth shocked That's extreme poverty and/or worst form of human trafficking.

It is looking like there's a clandestine human trafficking industry that recruits these young boys and girls for this trade and Ebonyi state Government should go after the kingpins while empowering the arrested street hawkers.

In fact, Ebonyi can request other states to help arrest these Ebonyi minors and return them to Ebonyi for welfare rehabilitation and empowerment.

No doubt, it is good news that Ebonyi state is doing something to curb it by giving money as much as N2 million to the Ebonyi state boys and girls willing to quit the dangerous street hawking trade in Lagos and all over Nigeria but they need to get to the root of the problem.

Akwa Ibom did it by reducing the export of their people to cities as house helps so Ebonyi can reverse this ugly tag of the state as the street hawker recruitment capital of Nigeria and Africa. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Shut your trap jor. I don't know if the mods here are naturally stupid or what?

Threads that should be pushed to front page are mostly ignored while useless threads like this are shoved up our throats.

Now for your information , see Yoruba, see hawking. Yorubas can hawk for Africa. They hawk anything from bread to vegetables from Agbo to roasted snakes from tomatoes to satchet water. Telling the truth for once will not kill you.

Ebonyi are strong people they do most hard labour works especially the he poor among them. But you see hawking, no one can ever erase that mark from ndi Yoruba.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by mbahdi(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2023
Antoeni:
Yes Very Correct, Especially Okposi People
Guy are u from okposi..which side are u from
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Mikekan30: 11:39am On Oct 19, 2023
obembet:
HAWKING is never a crime and I believe that God wil merit Their efforts one day.

Akwa ibom is worst befor Godswil akpabio becomes governor, people normally tag use them as housemaid and labourer workers, look at them today, things as change for them now.

I love hustlers, God wil Crownđź‘‘ Thier efforts soonest.

Idiot why use a particular for your myopic and baised twats!!!! Anybody can be a maid, chef, cleaners, abroad they call them care givers, nannies, babysitter but Idiots like you tag them as housemaids and houseboys you are really a FOOL...... Akwa Ibom State before GOA was the highest State that collected allocation in South South but it's was mismanaged by former Governor Victor Attach who had his selfish interests.

Always make your findings very well before you write your rubbish, you have know clear statistics Akwa Ibomites are housemaids, if you show a statistics backing your claim, I will give you $100 worth ethereum.....

Maggot am waiting for your reply...
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Mikekan30: 11:51am On Oct 19, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I am very disappointed that this ugly trend of using minors as street hawkers is still prevalent among Ebonyi state indigenes despite all the hardwork and huge investments right from the PDP Governor, Dr Sam Egwu, HE Elechi to the Dave Umahi-led administration to reverse this ugly trend.

How on earth can Ebonyi state which is one of the least populous states in Nigeria account for 60% of hawkers in the most populous black nation on earth shocked That's extreme poverty and/or worst form of human trafficking.

It is looking like there's a clandestine human trafficking industry that recruits these young boys and girls for this trade and Ebonyi state Government should go after the kingpins while empowering the arrested street hawkers.

In fact, Ebonyi can request other states to help arrest these Ebonyi minors and return them to Ebonyi for welfare rehabilitation and empowerment.

No doubt, it is good news that Ebonyi state is doing something to curb it by giving money as much as N2 million to the Ebonyi state boys and girls willing to quit the dangerous street hawking trade in Lagos and all over Nigeria but they need to get to the root of the problem.

Akwa Ibom did it by reducing the export of their people to cities as house helps so Ebonyi can reverse this ugly tag of the state as the street hawker recruitment capital of Nigeria and Africa. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Foolish idiot have you gone to any Federal Government Institution or parastatals and you didn't see any Akwa Ibomite heading a department or working there...... Some of you useless and senseless fellow feel that Akwa Ibom State started when Godswill Akpabio became Governor but come to Uniport a federal University and see a whole Department and Building dedicated to Donald Ekong an Akwa Ibom man for his academic excellence and achivements yet the indigenes are nowhere to be found... Clement Isong is the only CBN Governor from a minority tribe, he is from Onna in Akwa Ibom State and first Governor of Cross River state, SGF to former president Obasanjo was Offot ekaette who is from Eket in Akwa Ibom, And presently Godswill Akpabio is the Senate President of the 10th Assembly.... The houseboys has been ruling your Useless and low life asses for decades yet You still write rubbish as the only thing you are good at...

Unam!!!!!
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Cruzmaster: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2023
Kossyso:

If you are truly nwafor then you need to be wise with your assertions in a public forum . I am from Anambra as well but I don't hate Eboyians.
Yes, some of their acts are condemnable likewise other state with their own issues. If you are born in that state, do you think you will be any different?

There was a time when we dehumanized and chased Ghana out of Nigeria but today the reverse is the case.
Stop hating on your fellow Igbo men and women! Be kind to everyone because nobody knows tomorrow.
Do you know what $1 rate is today? SMH

They should change some of their characters if they want us to like them. We don't have problem with our other eastern brothers. There was a time i lived with my sister in Benin city. We have about 4 Ebonyi working for my sister's husband in his shop. My experience with them makes me to hate them more. Infact, they are terrible. You won't understand until you become close to them. They are like Hausas. They only love themselves.
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
wiseone28:
Househelp work is not specifically to a tribe don't be stupĂ­d

River State is Aks neighbor that's why Aks people are more there
guy u get time to quote that poofull he was disappointed akwaibom people don't go into crime to survive rather into ligit one till tomorrow
Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by obembet(f): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Mikekan30:

Idiot why use a particular for your myopic and baised twats!!!! Anybody can be a maid, chef, cleaners, abroad they call them care givers, nannies, babysitter but Idiots like you tag them as housemaids and houseboys you are really a FOOL...... Akwa Ibom State before GOA was the highest State that collected allocation in South South but it's was mismanaged by former Governor Victor Attach who had his selfish interests.

Always make your findings very well before you write your rubbish, you have know clear statistics Akwa Ibomites are housemaids, if you show a statistics backing your claim, I will give you $100 worth ethereum.....

Maggot am waiting for your reply...

Am sorry. I didn't reason it that way but if my view get u angry, kindly forgive me. And learn to correct people with love. God bless u
God bless akwa ibom people.

2 Likes

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by FreeStuffsNG: 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
obembet:

Am sorry. I didn't reason it that way but if my view get u angry, kindly forgive me. And learn to correct people with love. God bless u
God bless akwa ibom people.
Dear ma , I appreciate your matured response and I want you to keep that cool matured temperament. It is why you're successful yesterday, today and tomorrow.

However, from my experience dealing with bullies, especially cyberbullies, no cool blessed words like yours can appease them or change them. They are narcissist from highly dysfunctional horrible family backgrounds and they are criminals who feel they can hide behind monikers to commit crimes.

We must never enable them here or offline. Report them to the mods and give their cyberbullies comments digital footprints so that when discreet background checks are being done on them, their criminal activities online will come up and they will be denied of such opportunities.

1 Like

Re: 60% Of Hawkers In Nigeria Hail From Ebonyi State - AIT by Pacyrus(m): 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
..... Phones accessories inclusively not left out....hardworking people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Edges Towards Free Float Of Naira With Discontinuation Of Cap On Forex / My Bank Is Posting Debit To My Account Even When I Don't Have Enough Balance. / Federal Government Accuses Ghana, Others Of Lobbying Companies To Leave Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.