Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. (54012 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) / Get A Land And Farm Sesame Seed In Our Sesame Farm Estate In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
[quote author=jadajada post=126548059]how many bags can one get from a plot?.... If fertility and Agronomic practices is good, u can get 4 bags
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
Yvngex:

Okay. How do I join?
chat me on 07069715553
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by gidjah(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
Thank you bro.pardom my typing errors,I was on my way into the forest when I was typing that,I didn't even use glasses well,I shall edit it again.
Esude007:
I know... It won't touch the see... Just the pod... To hasten drying
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by jadajada: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
[quote author=Esude007 post=126550302][/quote]can I plant this in the south west?
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by gidjah(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2023
Ahahahaha don't mind him,he's kidding or just been sarcastic about that comment.YES, that 2.mudu should
be able to if the land is sound with all it's aggregates.THEN let our people know that the land for 2mudus sef no be small land o, particularly if you want to be stingy with the broad cast like my people here. But if your land no dey fertile ,it can frustrate you though you won't still loose at the long run.I planted about 1 MUDU and got almost half bag too.But most of the land we got here ain't fertile .Benue /NASSARAWA PROVINCE no get better land again unlike KOGI ,BENIN etc. quotee author=Esude007 post=126544544]1 paint rubber?? grin ... This is my 5th year... I am the chief Agronomist of lona Farms Limited, I have been into farming all my life... I am a graduate of Agriculture from kogi state university... I planted 2 mudu last year, I got 1 bag. Without much care o... Just dey follow the tread cha... U go see wonders...[/quote]
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
I have a consultancy work in Benue next year..for sesame Cha... So their land no too get fertility?.. thanks for that intel
gidjah:
Ahahahaha don't mind him,he's kidding or just been sarcastic about that comment.YES, that 2.mudu should
be able to if the land is sound with all it's aggregates.THEN let our people know that the land for 2mudus sef no be small land o, particularly if you want to be stingy with the broad cast like my people here. But if your land mo dey fertile ,it can frustrate you though you won't still loose at the long run.I planted about 1 MUDU and got almost half bag too.But most of the land we got here ain't fertile .Benue /NASSARAWA PROVINCE no get better land again unlike KOGI ,BENIN etc. quotee author=Esude007 post=126544544]1 paint rubber?? grin ... This is my 5th year... I am the chief Agronomist of lona Farms Limited, I have been into farming all my life... I am a graduate of Agriculture from kogi state university... I planted 2 mudu last year, I got 1 bag. Without much care o... Just dey follow the tread cha... U go see wonders...
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
[quote author=jadajada post=126551002]can I plant this in the south west? [/quote yes na...I have a friend in Ibadan that is a sesame farmer

1 Like

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
gidjah:
Thank you bro.pardom my typing errors,I was on my way into the forest when I was typing that,I didn't even use glasses well,I shall edit it again.
agro man... Money dey bush o... Drop me ur Whatsapp digit.. we need the share ideas... Knowledge is power
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by gidjah(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2023
Our lands aff die Tey tey ,and Benue is even no more d food basket at it use to be bro.Nassarawa is way better with fertility.The part of Benue were you can still trust with fertility is been majorly occupied by "uncle herdsmen and Boko boys cum robbers and kidnappers". I reside there going in and out because of my job schedule , I fly around North Central axis so I am a bit familiar with this places.Most of thier arable land part have been taken over by the "BIG BOYS " and even indegenes dare not enter in to those forests o! Na straight slaughter without any trace.So you will have to include fertilizer on those lands if you need serious production except in cases where the land is fairly fertile.Weldone job sir,may you grow higher.
Esude007:
I have a consultancy work in Benue next year..for sesame Cha... So their land no too get fertility?.. thanks for that intel
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
Thanks brother... God will help us all
gidjah:
Our lands aff die Tey tey ,and Benue is even no more d food basket at it use to be bro.Nassarawa is way better with fertility.The part of Benue were you can still trust with fertility is been majorly occupied by "uncle herdsmen and Boko boys cum robbers and kidnappers". I reside there going in and out because of my job schedule , I fly around North Central axis so I am a bit familiar with this places.Most of thier arable land part have been taken over by the "BIG BOYS " and even indegenes dare not enter in to those forests o! Na straight slaughter without any trace.So you will have to include fertilizer on those lands if you need serious production except in cases where the land is fairly fertile.Weldone job sir,may you grow higher.
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2023
Pesticide application...

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by TheKing4040(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Esude007:
1 paint rubber?? grin ... This is my 5th year... I am the chief Agronomist of lona Farms Limited, I have been into farming all my life... I am a graduate of Agriculture from kogi state university... I planted 2 mudu last year, I got 1 bag. Without much care o... Just dey follow the tread cha... U go see wonders...

Good day Bros. Please can I get your contact, I need advice and guidance on planting and the follow up on this sesame seed.
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by TheKing4040(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
gidjah:
be able to if the land is sound with all it's aggregates.THEN let our people know that the land for 2mudus sef no be small land o, particularly if you want to be stingy with the broad cast like my people here. But if your land mo dey fertile ,it can frustrate you though you won't still loose at the long run.I planted about 1 MUDU and got almost half bag too.But most of the land we got here ain't fertile .Benue /NASSARAWA PROVINCE no get better land again unlike KOGI ,BENIN etc. quotee author=Esude007 post=126544544]1 paint rubber?? grin ... This is my 5th year... I am the chief Agronomist of lona Farms Limited, I have been into farming all my life... I am a graduate of Agriculture from kogi state university... I planted 2 mudu last year, I got 1 bag. Without much care o... Just dey follow the tread cha... U go see wonders...

Hey bro . Please can you send me your contact, I need advice and guidance on the planting and follow-up of the sesame seed. Thanks
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by gidjah(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
TheKing4040:

Hey bro . Please can you send me your contact, I need advice and guidance on the planting and follow-up of the sesame seed. Thanks
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
TheKing4040:

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by ozome15(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Esude007:
Is this your WhatsApp number
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by asumo12: 3:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Esude007:
y not..

How can I get the seed please?
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:53am On Oct 26, 2023
ozome15:

Is this your WhatsApp number
yeah
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by dandylass: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2023
My favourite soup, better than egbusi soup
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
Sorry guys for the late update... The said land was later sold, so I had to hervest at day 82

Attached are pictures
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Esude007: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
Waiting in the open sun for drying and collection of seed

1 Like

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by pragmatistm(m): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
How I harvested banana in my garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMDnIcWpSaQ
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Konquest: 10:33pm On Jan 05
Esude007:
Good day fellas, I want to take u guys on my journey of preaching good Agronomic practices in farming.

On the 14th of August, I took the soil sample of the abandoned field, I did the test myself because I have a soil testing kit, I found out that the soil ia deficient in Nitrogen, so I am set.

On the 15th of August, i started planting. 4 cups of pure sesame seed ( ncriben 04e ) was planted with the help of some young kids in my area.

I used dibbling method because the land was strong. Some boiz done turn am to football field grin
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Ebubu2: 6:16pm On Jan 21
gidjah:
Sesame seed does not like excessive rain, so it's not planted during heavy rains, it will totally not produce to taste. The Best Season to consider planting this should be August to November /December and April-July (early season of rains when it's still quite light lest you loose it totally)is the other season ,though most famers do not venture in to this first season (April to July )as it is a high risk planting .I live up north and I can tell you none of us on this axis dare the April planting ,we rather go for the August planing as it gives us perfect yield with all factors been considered. Mine is already fruiting as we speak (planted using broadcasting method ) on 25th August so we are two months up or so.planting sesame seed is quite simpler compare to most of the other crops we look at, partly because "IT DOESN'T NEED WEEDING"! unlike maize ,Beans and even Egusi .It always try to compete with Egusi in market price so we call it Egusi's Sister !

I’d like one or two contacts of international foreign buyers who pay in dollars can you help in that regard?
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by gidjah(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22
To be honest, that's gonna be pretty difficult and a further digging would wanna paint you in a higher order of greed. The few buyers we have now are actually buying this seeds at a very fair price on the average. MOST OF US who VENTURED into it this year would testify that it yielded best financially and other wise so why would one want to jump ahead of those who have made the trading easy ? It is possible but going to be very difficult too.There are few companies here in Nigeria who buy them, may be that would help you better rather than looking our for white men
wo are well coordinated and well protected too ! how Many white men have you seen around us at minning sites ?very few. The major dealers who are d bujuazees are hidden behind the scene , E GET WHY !
Ebubu2:

I’d like one or two contacts of international foreign buyers who pay in dollars can you help in that regard?

1 Like

Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by Ebubu2: 12:38pm On Jan 23
gidjah:
To be honest, that's gonna be pretty difficult and a further digging would wanna paint you in a higher order of greed. The few buyers we have now are actually buying this seeds at a very fair price on the average. MOST OF US who VENTURED into it this year would testify that it yielded best financially and other wise so why would one want to jump ahead of those who have made the trading easy ? It is possible but going to be very difficult too.There are few companies here in Nigeria who buy them, may be that would help you better rather than looking our for white men
wo are well coordinated and well protected too ! how Many white men have you seen around us at minning sites ?very few. The major dealers who are d bujuazees are hidden behind the scene , E GET WHY !
Can I get your contact on WhatsApp?
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by pragmatistm(m): 4:43am On Feb 14
Watch and see how to raise pawpaw in your garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fa2HyKkgbI
Re: How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. by LenaJon(f): 1:14pm On Feb 14
Esude007:
y not..
Please how can I join your WhatsApp group?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

50 metres diameters Rain Guns For Sale! / How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.