Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) (42051 Views)

How Do Unemployed People Afford These Phone ( See Photo) / Unable To Make Calls On My Glo Line / Someone Borrowed Your Android Phone. See How To Know What They Did With It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Whatisurproblem(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
money121:
The days of running a phone call business centre
Time passes quickly
Do you make calls with this phone?

For me Yes
everybody did! Except you never use business center to make calls back then
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by olaniyilukman(m): 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Na Nokia 3310 be the real deal den. grin

Thou, the first handset I used was LG follow by Motorola razor that drains battery like no other grin
what about Motorola bluebird

1 Like

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by EyenIbibio1: 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
DyingFetus:
That one's for indomie generation

I use this in my teenage years and it was much comfy

This card was my greatest confusion, when handsets first came, and MTN brought the #750 scratch cards, I was not close to anyone using handset then, I only see people using it, so wen I see the used cards, I usually imagine how the card manages to fit into the small phone, ( I thought it was like that motel card)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by babaRUNtinz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
Na starcoms I use.. 01-9505950. Made weekend free calls like kilode !!

1 Like

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by obiekunie01: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
PinkNature:
@Money121

Please correct the topic, replace "did" with the "do"

itiboribo!
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Roozay007: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Interestingly, I used the phone for free call then. It was hacked or so, you could make long calls with as lil as 100N
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by maasoap(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
money121:
Time passes quickly

For me Yes

A brother was working with one micro finance bank back then and that micro finance bank was partnering with this multilinks. Through him, all the guys in our environment started using this particular phone, including me. Lots of free credits
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Chochovini: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
papagiddy:
I still have with me right now...
. That‘s not true.
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by hatakekakashi: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
THURAFTERNOON:

Omoo can we have something like this again 🥹🥹 I will really love to switch to using that second one especially now
You can just get a walkie-talkie, lol
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by afariogunone1(f): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
Yes
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Chochovini: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
PinkNature:
@Money121

Please correct the topic, replace "did" with the "do"
. And you think that is more correct? Pls. go back to school. Friendly advice.

1 Like

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Burgerlomo: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nope because I no get money to buy am that time but I thank God today🙏
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kimikazi2:
That phone na scam. The moment you dial a number, it timer begins. God help you if the receiver no quick pick up, E fit don reach 48 seconds

Business center owners use am chop tire
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by alizma: 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

I did, nitel office Owerri
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by tnerro1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Na motorola I sabi
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Rayban26: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Chochovini:
. That‘s not true.

Is it Impossible to have an item you once used long ago in a cupboard somewhere for at least memory lane purposes?

1 Like

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by iamtardey: 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
Multilinks yeah well I never had it … I think it got to akure at that time
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by otipoju(m): 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

Na Falomo we dey go make call with this one. NITEL around 1993. You go see like 30 people for queue. Calls were usually to offices and very wealthy peoples homes.

As much as i dislike Obasanjo,it was he who came and by one simple regulation opened up the telecoms industry to investors.

Those days, nothing like Cybercafe not to talk of social media. Na only NTA be the source of news and entertainment. They don't open till 4pm and close by 11 or 12 midnight.

2 Likes

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by TheKingsmann(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
I'm old oh, I used Visafone too.
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Olat4421: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Multilinks starcoms visaphone
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by achorladey: 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
Of course, person enjoy the glory days of business centres then. Buying monthly,weekly boosters well well to run business.

The days where you have scarcity of recharge and booster cards around december.

You go need to reach Ikeja, head offices or major dealer to hustle for booster cards
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Curious345: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
I did ..

Glo per second billing ,killed road side calls centres
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by okoroemeka(m): 2:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
money121:
Time passes quickly

For me Yes
how time flies,I must definitely be getting older,I bought Nokia 3310 for #32k and mtn line at agbani road enugu for #25k,I even slept overnight at the MTN office to get a Sim card,maybe I'in 2000/2001

2 Likes

Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Holamilekan97(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
The first phone wey my mama go first buy for me 😫
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by caye(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kenmatt:
I used that Phone and coordinated a multi million naira business in one transaction for my "Boss" then via SMS and voice call.

Yahoo business!
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by mywells: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
Sure.
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by jericco1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
Yes I did.
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by xjiggy: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
DyingFetus:

Nitel call cards. Guys use to rig it in a way that they can make long local calls with it with a unit left. Only Legends used these cards
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by amikeem(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Na Nokia 3310 be the real deal den. grin

Thou, the first handset I used was LG follow by Motorola razor that drains battery like no other grin

Na 3310 Thief snatched from at the gunpoint but if he's still alive (doubt if had not died) he would be weeping if he sees the one am using now.
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Ossaiman(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Phone call yes, yes phone call inside Alaba.... If you know you know
money121:
Time passes quickly

For me Yes
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by Ogamysamo: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Johncuppa:

Gen z spotted.
It was still around till 2007 or thereabout
yea no doubt, i didn't say i wasn't born yet, neither do i say i didn't know about it. but the fact remain and i won't lie, that i was young then that i don't have anyone to call.

call me gen z or whatever... i can't make myself older and you can't make me younger so anything we say here won't change if am gen z or not
Re: Multi-Links: Did You Make Calls With This Phone? (SEE PHOTO) by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
xjiggy:

Nitel call cards. Guys use to rig it in a way that they can make long local calls with it with a unit left. Only Legends used these cards

Mehn also used that trick in cyber cafes, with few minutes remaining we can browse for as long as we want unless the cafe attendants or staff gets the signal from their control room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nokia Set To Release Nokia C9. checkout the proposed specs / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.