Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy (24333 Views)

During Jonathan's Time, Insecurity In The North Was Jonathan's Fault / Opinion: Was Jonathan The Most Attacked Nigerian President When He Was In Power? / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by emmyN(m): 12:13am On Oct 21, 2023
amc:
Oil prices. And he also borrowed and emptied ECA and Forex Reserves

Jonathan met $47.7bn in our foreign reserve in 2009 and despite that crude sold for upward of $100 per barrel for a good period of his tenure, our reserves witnessed depletion and the man left it at $29.1bn in May 2015.

Jonathan met $20bn in our Excess Crude Account in a time of oil boom and squandered it leaving only $2bn when he left.

Our totally debt (states and FG) was $35.09 billion In 2010 and increased to $67bn in 2015 by the time he left.

All the above in a time of unprecedented high oil prices.

Jonathan left ECA at $9bn, you darling daddy plundered it to $400k!
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 1:43am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Yeah. You're right. But you get the main gist right?
It's more about how you manage your resources and not the availability of the resources as that dude is claiming

Yeah, I agree.

Countries like Singapore don't even have Land and water resources, talkless of mineral resources, but they are more developed than Gabon and Equitorial guinea , two African countries with oil wealth and very small population.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by galantjoe(m): 3:09am On Oct 21, 2023
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Crude oil prices were at its highest levels during GEJ days which was an advantage and also he had a good and competent economic team led by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and other economic and financial experts who were picked based on merit instead of nepotism and political patronage as it was during Buhari and now under Tinubu.
Nigeria is now heading into “Gangster Capitalism “ like we had in countries like Russia,Romania,Belarus and other former Soviet Union states…the economy being controlled by criminals and outlaws with government power.

The summary of GEJ performance was appointment of economic experts who helped him to manage economy very well. The same thing goes to Obj. But for PMB and BAT they lack technocrats in critical area of the economy
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by aviara: 5:59am On Oct 21, 2023
APC govt thinks governance and managing an economy is all about revenue generation so they increased VAT and other fines and fees. What they failed to realize is the impact of all these policies on the general prices of goods and services in the country.

Tinubu in less than 3 months in office has increased school fees, removed fuel subsidy, floated the naira and still introducing crazy fees almost in all sectors of the economy. It's the poor man that ends up bearing the burden of all these bad policies.

Governance is not first of all about revenue generation, but the prosperity of the citizens not about the prosperity of the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Did Sanusi advance any documents to back his claim? It was after that appearance that PwC was contacted and they came back with $1.48bn unremitted.
Don't forget that Sanusi's claim was that NNPCL did not remit $49.8bn not that it was missing. I hope you understand the difference.
By his claim, NNPCL was deliberately withholding money that should accrue to govt. Yet he could provide NO evidence. Just kept shifting figures

Please stop referring to PWC report. What PWC did was to wash their hands off the issue by issuing a "no opinion" report which was a clear and clever way of staying neutral in order not to jeopardize their business interests in Nigeria. It has been proved beyond any doubt that NNPCL could not reconcile $20billion proceeds from oil that were supposed to be remitted to the federation account .
Sanusi submitted and quoted figures from all relevant agencies in the matter
Sgearch for the video when Sanusi and Okonjo-Iweala appeared before the Senate Committee that probed the ussue. He insisted that $20
billion was still outstanding and unreconciled with evidence based on documents he submitted to the committee.
PWC did not prove Sanusi wrong so don't hide behind the politically motivated neutral "no opinion" that PWC gave .
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

Please stop referring to PWC report. What PWC did was to wash their hands off the issue by issuing a "no opinion" report which was a clear and clever way of staying neutral in order not to jeopardize their business interests in Nigeria. It has been proved beyond any doubt that NNPCL could not reconcile $20billion proceeds from oil that were supposed to be remitted to the federation account .
Can you show the proof
How did PwC wash their hands off the issue when they issued a report
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Can you show the proof
How did PwC wash their hands off the issue when they issued a report
PWC washed their hands by issuing a "no opinion" report!
They refused to give their own independent opinion on the matter. That is what auditors do when they want to wash their hands off and remain neutral
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by barinedan(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2023
Jonathan applied the principle of round peg in round hole, he engaged the right and competent people in the right ministries and agencies unlike these APC deadwood president who compensate people with federal appointments. If you were able to deliver your state then be sure of becoming a minister, how will the country experience growths with such mentality
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

PWC washed their hands by issuing a "no opinion" report!
They refused to give their own independent opinion on the matter. That is what auditors do when they want to wash their hands off and remain neutral
Can you show where they wrote "no opinion" in the report
Can you mention what principle or rule says auditors should wash their hands off a matter by issuing "no opinion"
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Can you show where they wrote "no opinion" in the report
Can you mention what principle or rule says auditors should wash their hands off a matter by issuing "no opinion"

You want me to go through the stress to obtain and spoonfeed you with all the facts without you making an effort to find out by yourself?
Go search it on Google and read to educate yourself if you care to learn and know the facts of the PWC audit.
You can also decide not to do anything and be arguing online in ignorance because you want to defend someone who may not even care about your existence.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

You want me to go through the stress to obtain and spoonfeed you with all the facts without you making an effort to find out by yourself?
Go search it on Google and read to educate yourself if you care to learn and know the facts of the PWC audit.
You can also decide not to do anything and be arguing online in ignorance because you want to defend someone who may not even care about your existence.
Shut your dirty mouth
I was the first person and still the only one so far on this thread to post the PwC report. So give me quotes from the report where they "washed their hands off" the audit.
The other guy that was arguing at least showed he understood the report. You in the other hand are exhibiting the mentality of a zombie.
You have made claims. Back it up with evidence from the report
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Shut your dirty mouth
I was the first person and still the only one so far on this thread to post the PwC report. So give me quotes from the report where they "washed their hands off" the audit.
The other guy that was arguing at least showed he understood the report. You in the other hand are exhibiting the mentality of a zombie.
You have made claims. Back it up with evidence from the report

Thank you for the insults and for displaying the mental stuff you are made of. Your first task on a fine Saturday morning. You are doing well. Congratulations.

Open your PWC report, go to the section "Auditors Opinion" and read what you find there.
Please don't go about insulting people if what you read in the report does not please you.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

Thank you for the insults and for displaying the mental stuff you are made of. Your first task on a fine Saturday morning. You are doing well. Congratulations.

Open your PWC report, go to the section "Auditors Opinion" and read what you find there.
Please don't go about insulting people if what you read does not please you.
Well, you started with the insults. Don't whine when the favour is returned.

Simply paste it here. Let everyone see it. Stop sending me messages to fish for your evidence for your claim. You made claims. Prove it just as I did mine.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Well, you started with the insults. Don't whine when the favour is returned.

Simply paste it here. Let everyone see it. Stop sending me messages to fish for your evidence for your claim. You made claims. Prove it just as I did mine.

I hope I have not offended the "gods" by referring "your highness" to your own PWC report that you claim to have, and using it as your "evidence".
"Your highness", sir, kindly open the same "evidence" that you have (PWC report) and read the section highlighted for you.
Don't run away from your own "evidence" . It is not fair
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

I hope I have not offended the "gods" by referring "your highness" to your own PWC report that you claim to have, and using it as your "evidence".
"Your highness", sir, kindly open the same "evidence" that you have (PWC report) and read the section highlighted for you.
Don't run away from your own "evidence" .
I am not running away from anything. All I'm asking you to do is to post it. Simply post it so there'll be no argument on what it contains and what it doesn't.
It's a screenshot required of you that you've turned into rocket science. I guess you enjoy rambling than making cogent statements backed up with facts.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

I am not running away from anything. All I'm asking you to do is to post it. Simply post it so there'll be no argument on what it contains and what it doesn't.
It's a screenshot required of you that you've turned into rocket science. I guess you enjoy rambling than making cogent statements backed up with facts.
Okay. Let us assume that I am a novice with no knowledge of how to post a document online.
Why do you still want me to post something that you already have with you?
Please help a novice. Kindly refer to the document in your possession(PWC report).
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

Okay. Let us assume that I am a novice with no knowledge of how to post a document online.
Why do you still want me to post something that you already have with you?
Please help a novice. Kindly refer to the document in your possession(PWC report).
Well, novices should learn and not argue. If you can't substantiate a claim, don't make claims.
If you don't have the document, don't make claims on it.
Simply paste the screenshot of the auditor's opinion where they washed their hands off the report.
You APC mob held previous govts to highest standard but yours you make excuses for.
Anyone can imagine what will happen if a CBN gov made such claim under APC govt. Would there even be an audit publicised in the first place?
Yet, a govt that went the extra mile in terms of transparency, you guys have the guts to pooh pooh their efforts.
Bloody hypocrites!!
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2023
VULCAN:
Pls provide the link to the arrest of the petroleum minister with £18.5 billion.

I ask because that sounds like a figment of your imagination

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178649-missing-20bn-alison-madueke-sues-premium-times-apc-9-others.html?tztc=1
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:36am On Oct 21, 2023
blueAgent:

My friend close your mouth, b4 thunder fire you.
Which crude oil was highest?
This administration have had average crude oil price of $75 and above yet nothing to show.
Go tell your papa to close him mouth you mannerless illiterate.
Compare the prices you idiot. Na your papa thunder go fire.

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
no sir, this is not true.

Crude price during Buhari was highest price. APC is just shit
Make una no dey argue anyhow.

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:39am On Oct 21, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
crude oil price and especially the price of lng has been very high since the Russia Ukraine war started, even b4 the war it was rising, go and compare with the prices during Jonathan's administration.
Not true oga.

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2023
Memphis357:

The way you APC propagandust people just quote figures anyhow.... Do you even know just how humongous £18.5bn is?
Una heads dey too worthless!!

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178649-missing-20bn-alison-madueke-sues-premium-times-apc-9-others.html?tztc=1

Mumu oya read. Even Guardian UK did a report about it.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:47am On Oct 21, 2023
PepeXKermit:

big lies. Jonathan's management of the economy had nothing to do with an oil price boom, how much was oil then and how much is oil now?
bullsheet assertion to unrope the two other disasters that came after him. Same excuse Buhari use, same excuse una wan use bail out emilokan. What was Oil price when OBJ took power?

Yeye
Na your papa be yeye. Compare the prices yourself you illiterate.

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2023
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Go tell your papa to close him mouth you mannerless illiterate.
Compare the prices you idiot. Na your papa thunder go fire.

Why would i trade words with a buffon, that values ethnic loyalty above truth and logic?

Clown.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:35am On Oct 21, 2023
blueAgent:

Why would i trade words with a buffon, that values ethnic loyalty above truth and logic?

Clown.
You are a real mumu i pity those around you. I have posted the figures there for you to dispute, you think everyone is dull like you and an ethnic bigot like you?
I am not Ijaw nor Fulani so i wonder how your small brain came to the conclusion of ethnic loyalty? You be real mumu i pity the woman who go marry you.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Well, novices should learn and not argue. If you can't substantiate a claim, don't make claims.
Simply paste the screenshot of the auditor's opinion where they washed their hands off the report.
You APC mob held previous govts to highest standard but yours you make excuses for.
Anyone can imagine what will happen if a CBN gov made such claim under APC govt. Would there even be an audit publicised in the first place?
Yet, a govt that went the extra mile in terms of transparency, you guys have the guts to pooh pooh their efforts.
Bloody hypocrites!!

You want me to work by force this morning.
Okay, read the report below below and read where PWC said there have no opinion on the whole audit assignment.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182172-missing-20billion-oil-money-our-audit-report-not-reliable-pricewaterhousecoopers.html
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Bloody hypocrites!!

I am a novice only in IT but not in the subject matter.
I am not an APC sympathizer.
In fact the current government of Tinubu is totally clueless and a huge failure as far as I am concerned.
But the failure of APC does not mean I should forget or twist the events that happened under PDP. All failures na failure.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Putinofrussia: 11:35am On Oct 21, 2023
qwertyuioplm:
Despite paying for subsidy and not a producing nation exchange rate moved from 140-180 ,what type of magic did he perform
He tried his best but Nigeria was borrowing money to pay salaries during his time till 2014 according to Dr Okonjo Iweala before the Advent of Buhari.

Nigerians had a better time at that time than today because the economy was much better with oil selling for more than $110 per barrel for years at more than 2 million barrels,the reserve Obasanjo left was more than $60 billion..today it is not up to $4 billion according to JP Morgan...CBN did not involve itself in ways and means and numerous other frauds that are being exposed.

Our Leading Marauders, since the demolition of the regional system,have been pillaging Nigeria like it was the World bank believing that its 'oyel' money will never dry. cheesy
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
MASTERCHIEF0847:

You are a real mumu i pity those around you. I have posted the figures there for you to dispute, you think everyone is dull like you and an ethnic bigot like you?
I am not Ijaw nor Fulani so i wonder how your small brain came to the conclusion of ethnic loyalty? You be real mumu i pity the woman who go marry you.

Pity yourself.

clown
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
aviara:
APC govt thinks governance and managing an economy is all about revenue generation so they increased VAT and other fines and fees. What they failed to realize is the impact of all these policies on the general prices of goods and services in the country.

Tinubu in less than 3 months in office has increased school fees, removed fuel subsidy, floated the naira and still introducing crazy fees almost in all sectors of the economy. It's the poor man that ends up bearing the burden of all these bad policies.

Governance is not first of all about revenue generation, but the prosperity of the citizens not about the prosperity of the government.

True
The clown has Nothing to offer, same tamplate he used in Lagos, Increase taxes, that's the Lagos they claim he built.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Idiotseverywher: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
walexbiz:
He too was part of the problem. He didn't save during the raining days and he too went on spending spree even when the price of crude oil was high. He failed to repair the ailing refineries, placed the surveillance of crude pipeline in the hands of militant and there was upsurge in illegal siphoning of crude oil. Sanusi raised alarm about squandering of 20bn USD by NNPC and up till today nobody was arrested
. You too myopic and half truth, this is what is kill I Nigeria plying tribal card and insincerity, which money did Amechi, Fashola, Shettima, Fayemi all the northern and all the Yoruba APC or opposition members took Jonathon's to share, which money was that? When okonjo was shouting end subsidy what did you and tribes men say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Plateau Lists Fulani As A Major Ethnic Tribe In The State; Youths Protest / Sowore Protests Over Detention Of Samuel Ogundipe / #EndSARS Protesters Lock Down Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.