Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy (24342 Views)

During Jonathan's Time, Insecurity In The North Was Jonathan's Fault / Opinion: Was Jonathan The Most Attacked Nigerian President When He Was In Power? / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

You want me to work by force this morning.
Okay, read the report below below and read where PWC said there have no opinion on the whole audit assignment.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182172-missing-20billion-oil-money-our-audit-report-not-reliable-pricewaterhousecoopers.html
So where did the report say they washed their hands off the report.
What they clearly said which is why I was waiting for your screenshot is that they don't have all the information they require and thus can't vouch that it represents the full report of NNPCL accounts as was desired.
Do you understand what that means or you want more explanation
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Karlifate: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
This thread is quite hilarious grin grin
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

I am a novice only in IT but not in the subject matter.
I am not an APC sympathizer.
In fact the current government of Tinubu is totally clueless and a huge failure as far as I am concerned.
But the failure of APC does not mean I should forget or twist the events that happened under PDP. All failures na failure.
Better if you're not an APC sympathiser.
Any honest person will agree that PDP were far better than APC is. It's a question of comparison not absolution.
If we ask ourselves, both have not met the expectations of Nigerians. But in terms of who fared better, PDP is miles ahead.
Like i said, if it was under APC such an allegation occurred, no forensic audit will be ordered neither will the report be made public.
Your claimed PwC was coerced to launder the report to favour nnpc meanwhile the same report made the claim you were misinterpreting.
Bro, like I said PDP were far better than APC. APC is more like a mafia community.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by cktheluckyman: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Compare the prices yourself oga.
So when again did the Russian-Ukraine war start?
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by mikeapollo: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

So where did the report say they washed their hands off the report.
What they clearly said which is why I was waiting for your screenshot is that they don't have all the information they require and thus can't vouch that it represents the full report of NNPCL accounts as was desired.
Do you understand what that means or you want more explanation

Please stop arguing and read paragraph 4, where they said they provide no opinion or attestation.
Auditors are appointed to express their opinion on a matter.
When auditors say they provide no opinion on a matter, it means they are staying neutral and avoiding making any comments. That it is the technical term they use to wash their hands off any case that they don't want to take side or offend anybody.
I have given you the evidence, no need to still argue.
If still in doubt, consult any friend you have who is an auditor or professional accountant .
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by Kukutente23: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
mikeapollo:

Please stop arguing and read paragraph 4, where they said they provide no opinion or attestation.
Auditors are appointed to express their opinion on a matter.
When auditors say they provide no opinion on a matter, it means they are staying neutral and avoiding making any comments. That it is the technical term they use to wash their hands off any case that they don't want to take side or offend anybody.
I have given you the evidence, no need to still argue.
If still in doubt, consult any friend you have who is an auditor or professional accountant .

The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination nor review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the format upon which our work was based.

This is the paragraph you're claiming means they wash their hands off the report or in other words, disown the report. Kindly explain how the grammar above means that. Be mindful of the fact that the report was submitted to the AuGF. I've produced a full shot of that particular page for you to digest.

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by ozonechrome: 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
Pakute:

And at the end of the day, he demoted her as finance minister and threw her into an inferior ministry when he discovered her incompetence during the deal. OBJ even talk am inside his book that Okonjo Iweala cannot work without little or no supervision. I pity you.

What part of the book?
Please can you provide a screenshot?
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by NzogbuNzogbu: 12:11am On Oct 22, 2023
barbstee:

I'm only surprised at those liking your comment?
How is Tinubu a failure?

He shouldn't have removed the petrol subsidy?
He should have continued the subsidy on forex?
It's obvious we've been living a borrowed life for so long.

I don't think there's a better option than what he has done which will always tell on the economy economy though I sometimes feel the two shouldn't have been done at the same time but I don't blame him for that.
The main thing is the judicious use of the fund.

It's obvious you're talking with hatred.

There's nothing he has done so far that others didn't promise to do but we seems to have a whole lot of educated ignorants
trust me if tinubu was doing well I would be the one praising him, I am indifferent abt him before now.

The economy isn't friendly so I should talk out of hate of his incompetence

Did gej not remove subsidy when this same slowpoke kicked against it, if you weren't brainwashed you should know nothing like subsidy

How long have the petrol been 630 irrespective of the dollar rise and rise, doesnt something tell you someone is subsidizing it than letting real volatile market determine it

I guess your own assurance is cos a politician in a lying apc is telling you it's removed, so what happens when he laters tells you the truth, wont you defend it as usual cos he is tinubu
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by GeneralDae: 12:21am On Oct 22, 2023
emmyN:

Jonathan left ECA at $9bn, you darling daddy plundered it to $400k!
Nah. Jonathan left it at 2Bn dollars.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by GeneralDae: 12:24am On Oct 22, 2023
blueAgent:

True
The clown has Nothing to offer, same tamplate he used in Lagos, Increase taxes, that's the Lagos they claim he built.
Has he increased taxes now? You people keep repeating this lie that he wants to increase taxes when the man have been saying he wants to expand tax net and prevent multiple taxes.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 6:15am On Oct 22, 2023
GeneralDae:

Has he increased taxes now? You people keep repeating this lie that he wants to increase taxes when the man have been saying he wants to expand tax net and prevent multiple taxes.

Google is your friend, ask them.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by nairalanda1(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2023
blueAgent:

Yeah, I agree.

Countries like Singapore don't even have Land and water resources, talkless of mineral resources, but they are more developed than Gabon and Equitorial guinea , two African countries with oil wealth and very small population.

Singapore is also at the gateway to most of Asia's ports. That's why the British took it over and why it is prosperous even after independence from the British. Then they added industries

Most African
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Singapore is also at the gateway to most of Asia's ports. That's why the British took it over and why it is prosperous even after independence from the British. Then they added industries

Most African

Is that a bigger resources, to having oil and gas, copper,zinc,iron ore, land and water resources,?
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by nairalanda1(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2023
blueAgent:

Is that a bigger resources, to having oil and gas, copper,zinc,iron ore, land and water resources,?

Problem with all them resources is, ye don't set the prices

Plus people who buy them use them to make products that yield far more profit.

Resources mean nothing if you are not using them to make exportable industrial products

That's a big reason why we are broke. And why at the end APC and PDP are the same. No ideas on how to use our raw materials to make things
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by GeneralDae: 7:56am On Oct 22, 2023
blueAgent:

Google is your friend, ask them.
Ask who?
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by sunboy(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2023
High crude oil price, that was his silver bullet.

1 Like

Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2023
GeneralDae:

Ask who?

Google
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Problem with all them resources is, ye don't set the prices

Plus people who buy them use them to make products that yield far more profit.

Resources mean nothing if you are not using them to make exportable industrial products

That's a big reason why we are broke. And why at the end APC and PDP are the same. No ideas on how to use our raw materials to make things

Resources is not the problem, but Leadership I bet you, we would not be better off, without the resources.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by nairalanda1(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2023
blueAgent:

Resources is not the problem, but Leadership I bet you, we would not be better off, without the resources.

Yes, leadership that would set us on a path to making use of the resources to make industrial products
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by blueAgent(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, leadership that would set us on a path to making use of the resources to make industrial products

Yeah.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by barbstee(m): 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
trust me if tinubu was doing well I would be the one praising him, I am indifferent abt him before now.

The economy isn't friendly so I should talk out of hate of his incompetence

Did gej not remove subsidy when this same slowpoke kicked against it, if you weren't brainwashed you should know nothing like subsidy

How long have the petrol been 630 irrespective of the dollar rise and rise, doesnt something tell you someone is subsidizing it than letting real volatile market determine it

I guess your own assurance is cos a politician in a lying apc is telling you it's removed, so what happens when he laters tells you the truth, wont you defend it as usual cos he is tinubu

It's obvious they're back to subsidizing it for political reasons and as politicians that they all are they may not have a better option because it could have been close to a thousand by now.
I would have loved that they allow the market to fully determine the ori e but it's not that easy considering the political aspect of it
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
barbstee:

It's obvious they're back to subsidizing it for political reasons and as politicians that they all are they may not have a better option because it could have been close to a thousand by now.
I would have loved that they allow the market to fully determine the ori e but it's not that easy considering the political aspect of it
then you are asking why we are mad with this govt.

No sincerity just playing with our lives, all we suffered under buhari and the series of defense by his minors all he could say was he is sorry

Is that how we would continue again, tinubu would only say sorry at the end, his supporters would say he is not the first to destroy the country

No be so e reach?

Its the denial and defend by all cause we are in again till it's obvious beyound obvious he scammed Nigerians
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by walexbiz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
poiZon:

Will u arrest something that never happened?
Who will u arrest?

Sanusi said 50billion dollars, later he said 49b, he now drop it to 20b dolls...
That crude surveillance to militants paid off, the reason Nigeria benefitted from oil bloom.
We were doing 2.1 to 2.5mbpd of oil production.
When yaradua came in, oil production has dropped to 900thousand barrels per day..
Go and check, it takes a brilliant and intelligent president with his vice to achieve something great.

There is saying "you can fool a man sometimes but you can never fool a man all the time" he could have saved the money by getting the national assembly to pass a bill to save, but he was to gullible to do the right thing. Today Nigeria is in a mess and you all have the audacity to tell Nigerians that he was doing great. I am a federal worker and I can tell you that all while Nigerians were making good money he was busy awarding contract to useless bodies like OPC and militarnt to guard pipelines. Security agencies were been starved of funds but militants and OPC were been awarded contracts
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by walexbiz(m): 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
searchlight:
Among Jonathan, and APC who is better?

They are all the same? Tell me which one of them have not changed party. They all are birds of feathers and they flock together.
Re: How Was Jonathan Able To Manage Nigeria Economy by walexbiz(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2023
Offpointng:

He didn't safe, Did the Governors allow him?? Nigeria's Oil sector is in the hands of powerful Cabals GEJ wasn't strong enough to contend with them and that was why OBJ told BAT to forget bout getting our refinery to work again

Illegal siphoning of Oil, was Buhari able to stop it to?? is BAT currently stopping it?

The governor's tied his hand so that he couldn't save. Obasanjo that save who forced him that he should save. It was because of his ineptitude That two billion USD was busy shared during his tenure by his NSA where did money come from

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari / EFCC Arrests Uzoho Casmir, Imo Accountant, Accuses Okorocha Of Diverting N1bn / We Will Shock Political Space With Unprecedented Defections - APC Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.