Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries (19064 Views)

Ikpeazu Approves Payment Of Four Months Salaries To Abia Polytechnic Staff / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by wittywriter: 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
keymatt:
4 wetin The international forger should pay all outstanding salaries of lecturers before we take him serious.
Chispa:
Oloriburuku

SMH i don't know who is more wicked between Nigerian political leaders and the dare-devil armed robbers...?
OKUCHI11:
wetin dey pain me be say when e reach another general election...all these pains will be forgotten...and we'll start with the tribalism card and probably religion card

Wittyness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by mastermaestro(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
Wolexyoshi:

Una second name be werey. Nothing done is ever good in your sight

Me sef don tire for Naija politics. grin grin
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by osazsky(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nice one..peter obi for fit do this one? Big no
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by CJStarz: 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
Tinubu is doing everything possible now to win the masses support. That's good but to get to the heart of every Nigerian, let him reduce the price of fuel. He will see how Nigerians will turn their backs against Atiku and his CSU pursuit.
Even we the Obidients will just close eye and allow him finish his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
CJStarz:
Tinubu is doing everything possible now to win the masses support. That's good but to get to the heart of every Nigerian, let him reduce the price of fuel. He will see how Nigerians will turn their backs against Atiku and his CSU pursuit.
Even we the Obidients will just close eye and allow him finish his tenure.
won't he finish is 8 yrs before.na u wan stop am

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Day169: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
I'll like to hear ASUU chairman's response.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Vision101(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
@Kukutente23
Does this mean they are to forfeit the remaining four months?

@me
They had lost the eighth months already. The president showed mercy and paid 4 months with a warning. They will be happy.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by CJStarz: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
osazsky:
won't he finish is 8 yrs before.na u wan stop am

Let him just reduce the fuel pump price to 150. He can be in power for 80 years🤣🤣🤣
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Vision101(m): 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Those that kept asking where are the savings from subsidy removal. All these payments are some of them.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by WHITELIGHTER: 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Wolexyoshi:

What’s good about this? Except you aren’t seeing the bigger picture
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by DrMuzungu(m): 9:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Only in the People's republic of Dumfvckistan, does someone have to OK the release of withheld salaries instead of going to prison for withholding these salaries!
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Omik1: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
keymatt:
4 wetin The international forger should pay all outstanding salaries of lecturers before we take him serious.

Can you as a business owner pay your workers such, after 8 months of unproductivity?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by ruffDiamond: 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
Desperado!!!
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Hezzyluv: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Him even try for them sef ontop money they didn't worked for. I no like Tinubu. But, I fink he rely tried on this on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by iamtardey: 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Wolexyoshi:

o lor farrr o
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Wolexyoshi(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

What’s good about this? Except you aren’t seeing the bigger picture

Well, we know government are not treating the citizens right the way they should be treated, but bitter souls should desist from finding fault in every of government's moves.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
Olarewaju89:
cheesy

One bad chapter doesn't mean your life is over, Turn the page and move one 👍

Good night.
how was India able to do it?
India lifted 415 million people out of poverty in 15 years. They've sent a probe to the Moon and will send a man to the Moon with the next 3 years.
415 million people is more than twice the population Nigeria has. India doesn't really have much by of natural resources. But they have leadership. Good leadership.

In the same time frame, Nigeria has retrogressed. From 1999 till now, Nigeria has been budgeting towards backwardness. What exactly is wrong with Nigeria? It has to be said. There is no successful black nation anywhere on Earth! For this simple reason; the black man does not understand the concept of the general good. He seeks only for himself. As leaders or the led. That's the common denominator. The 'I better pass my neighbor mentality' is the curse of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Larryndelaw: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
keymatt:
You are pathetic.
Was Tinubu the president during the strike. He doesn't have to do it. You all should thank him for these kind gestures
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Larryndelaw: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
DrMuzungu:
Only in the People's republic of Dumfvckistan, does someone have to OK the release of withheld salaries instead of going to prison for withholding these salaries!
youndey smoke igbo. Do tou realize they didn't work for 8 months . How come do you expect them to be paid. Is that how you will.run your own business if you managed to get one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by AbuAeesha: 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Of course.
They were being paid regularly before they decided to embark on strike
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Mccullum: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
Very good consideration from the President Tinubu.

What a good news for the lecturers.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by osazsky(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
kokoA:
What's the point of going on strike for eight months, achieving nothing and losing 4 months pay?
35 and 25 percent increase
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by osazsky(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
AntiChristian:
He no suppose give them Shi shi!

No work no pay!
pig
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Samade7: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Chispa:
Oloriburuku

Seconded
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by osazsky(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Wat of non academics salaries with held for 4 months
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
Unto my money again..person dey put clause!
Shame to ASUU and labour unions..what they should propose now is to put a bill seeking to criminalize non payment of workers salary by both FG or state governments if e pass 31st of each month!
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by GeneralDae: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

how was India able to do it?
India lifted 415 million people out of poverty in 15 years. They've sent a probe to the Moon and will send a man to the Moon with the next 3 years.
415 million people is more than twice the population Nigeria has. India doesn't really have much by of natural resources. But they have leadership. Good leadership.

In the same time frame, Nigeria has retrogressed. From 1999 till now, Nigeria has been budgeting towards backwardness. What exactly is wrong with Nigeria? It has to be said. There is no successful black nation anywhere on Earth! For this simple reason; the black man does not understand the concept of the general good. He seeks only for himself. As leaders or the led. That's the common denominator. The 'I better pass my neighbor mentality' is the curse of Nigeria.
Nigeria has not regressed since 1999. We have more bigger financial sector, bigger export base, more growth in diversification for exports, a bigger middle class, bigger tech sector (including Telecoms). More slay queens and slay mamas, more Billionares made (especially in Obasanjo's time), Nord, Innoson, Lekki, a more developed Abuja, Eko Atlantic, Proforce, Bigger Nollywood, the rise and rise of Afrobeats, etc.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by crossbreedwears(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
You no get sense! Na so e easy to pay all the i months abi na him administration owe the money?? Una go just think say them dey manufacture money for Aso Rock. If the revenue we generate isn't sufficient, a lot of FG workers won't get paid. PO has made you believe he can do everything without no stress but reality is the key.
keymatt:
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by iswallker(m): 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

No it means waivers will not be granted by thubvu in the event of future strikes ... grin
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by francotunsco: 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
DaTruths:
The only Good thing i have heard in this administration of half a year.

You sound like one of the striking lecturers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Prof. Tajudeen Olumoko Dismissed Over ‘Result Racketeering’ / Should I Go For Pgd Or Bsc, I'm Confused / Laspotech School Fees 2018/2019 And Laspotech Acceptance Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.