Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries (19057 Views)

Ikpeazu Approves Payment Of Four Months Salaries To Abia Polytechnic Staff / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by banku: 12:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Good point.

VeeVeeMyLuv:

how was India able to do it?
India lifted 415 million people out of poverty in 15 years. They've sent a probe to the Moon and will send a man to the Moon with the next 3 years.
415 million people is more than twice the population Nigeria has. India doesn't really have much by of natural resources. But they have leadership. Good leadership.

In the same time frame, Nigeria has retrogressed. From 1999 till now, Nigeria has been budgeting towards backwardness. What exactly is wrong with Nigeria? It has to be said. There is no successful black nation anywhere on Earth! For this simple reason; the black man does not understand the concept of the general good. He seeks only for himself. As leaders or the led. That's the common denominator. The 'I better pass my neighbor mentality' is the curse of Nigeria.

Nigeria could have done far better, despite your point.

GeneralDae:

Nigeria has not regressed since 1999. We have more bigger financial sector, bigger export base, more growth in diversification for exports, a bigger middle class, bigger tech sector (including Telecoms). More slay queens and slay mamas, more Billionares made (especially in Obasanjo's time), Nord, Innoson, Lekki, a more developed Abuja, Eko Atlantic, Proforce, Bigger Nollywood, the rise and rise of Afrobeats, etc.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by MasterTeeUSA: 12:25am On Oct 21, 2023
That is the point...make strike unattractive

kokoA:
What's the point of going on strike for eight months, achieving nothing and losing 4 months pay?
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by MasterTeeUSA: 12:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Start idea to get Document of Understanding that can be presented in the future to Industrial Court if they go on strike again...No Work No Pay...8 months was insane to keep the students home

Bobloco:

https://punchng.com/breaking-tinubu-okays-release-of-four-months-withheld-lecturers-salaries/?amp
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by GeneralDae: 12:28am On Oct 21, 2023
banku:
Good point.

Nigeria could have done far better, despite your point.

Nigeria could have done far better is different from saying Nigeria regressed. Two different things.
Afterall some countries truly regressed since 1999. Afghanistan regressed, Libya regressed to name a few.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by nedekid: 12:41am On Oct 21, 2023
Revolution2022:
They have not yet been paid.Tinubu can deny it tomorrow.
Even the payment has been devalued. How much was the money then, how much is it now value wise? Don't forget $1 was around 350 when the strike started.
Government has PLAYED them.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by banku: 12:42am On Oct 21, 2023
Cold comfort.

Just pray they don't change all to U.S dollars where it will be worthless.

GeneralDae:

Nigeria could have done far better is different from saying Nigeria regressed. Two different things.
Afterall some countries truly regressed since 1999. Afghanistan regressed, Libya regressed to name a few.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by tj4blues: 1:28am On Oct 21, 2023
ni e
Chispa:
Oloriburuku
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Segxydube: 3:44am On Oct 21, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
Costly political move! Dangerous precedent at a time the government is almost bankrupt. Let’s see where this leads.

Who told you the govt is bankrupt? Jist dey play... Dey follow politicians mouth
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by bluefilm: 4:08am On Oct 21, 2023
What of NASU, SSANU and NAAT?

Abi na only ASUU waka come?
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by bluefilm: 4:13am On Oct 21, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:
Costly political move! Dangerous precedent at a time the government is almost bankrupt. Let’s see where this leads.

Mind you, the money was captured in last year's budget.

So, unless the government can prove what they used the money for instead (of paying the salaries), it means that the money still dey kampe.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by AntiChristian: 5:18am On Oct 21, 2023
osazsky:
pig

Anuofia!

Ewu!
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Khyrvxjzy: 5:36am On Oct 21, 2023
keymatt:
4 wetin The international forger should pay all outstanding salaries of lecturers before we take him serious.

omo ina
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Moikiitos: 6:04am On Oct 21, 2023
Either you RELEASED or LOCK salary. Why would any sensible organisation be playing with anyone livelihood after service. That's why people look for quick means to survive. I'm not saying it should be encouraged but is not right owing salaries/wages.

Bobloco:

https://punchng.com/breaking-tinubu-okays-release-of-four-months-withheld-lecturers-salaries/?amp
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Adeneeyee84: 6:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Wolexyoshi:

Una second name be werey. Nothing done is ever good in your sight
Don't mind them na we know wetin we face then. Kudos to my president
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Wizlead: 6:28am On Oct 21, 2023
Mainland737:
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me now to get sample of my lesson and learn more ..

Just yesterday I asked someone why I haven't been seeing this KDP ads anymore and here you are. After I have been scammed, do you think people will still fall for this?
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by ViceGovernor: 6:30am On Oct 21, 2023
forgiveness:
Omo! See wisdom. La sign la trap. grin
Before they sign anything I hope they demand for their full 8 month's salary.
Which kind wayo agreement be that... this gunment is full of senior yahoo men
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by omozu1(m): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2023
What of other workers like Nasu and others?
Na only Assu?
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by dojnr4real: 6:40am On Oct 21, 2023
commoditiesnig:
Very good gesture
it is not a good gesture . It’s their entitlement.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Aonkuuse(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2023
See this one, so for your mind, if money is captured in the budget, it's means it's available?? What are deficits again??
bluefilm:

Mind you, the money was captured in last year's budget.

So, unless the government can prove what they used the money for instead (of paying the salaries), it means that the money still dey kampe.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Evesoplc(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2023
Vision101:
@Kukutente23
Does this mean they are to forfeit the remaining four months?

@me
They had lost the eighth months already. The president showed mercy and paid 4 months with a warning. They will be happy.

You're wrong. Academics may have been pauperized by APC government, but they are not beggars. The DoU is a trojan horse that will not stand.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Paramount01(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2023
doggedfighter:
😏

He should pay everything.

It's not even up to the amount for the SUVs they're sharing.

'Once enemy no dey kill big rat'

Is he the one that owed them? The court judge that they should not be paid yet he paid out of his compansion for them,abeg! Applaud him
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by tollyboy5(m): 9:02am On Oct 21, 2023
doggedfighter:
😏

He should pay everything.

It's not even up to the amount for the SUVs they're sharing.
He will pay them

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by gudugudumeje: 9:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Unimpressive Ngilalae......How come prerogative of mercy here in a labour matter? He must be out of his minds. Or the FGN and the state house running out amock.
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Slymontee: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2023
Bobloco:

Why is APC bent on destroying the Education Sector that is the mother of all other sectors of the economy? No wonder the Naira is in free fall! Medical doctors called off strike, you paid them everything with no condition attached; ASUU called off, you waited 1 year later to promise to pay half under a condition that they must sign to forfeit the rest. Yet lecturers are the ones that train doctors; both are equally citizens of the same country, Nigeria. Both were asking for better condition to keep doing their best for the country. Why is APC creating problems everywhere? Why is leadership too difficult for APC? You spent billions buying SUVs for corrupt senators, yet you won't let the poor breath. LECTURERS LIVES MATTER! Nigeria is the biggest looser if our brightest brains in the campuses keep resigning and moving abroad. Keep playing STUPID politics with the future of millions of young people in Nigeria that need quality education to face life and compete in this increasingly sophististicated global space!
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Segzy19: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2023
Good one!
No be his government owe the salaries o but he is still trying to pay because governance is a continum...

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by ridbell01(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2023
keymatt:
4 wetin The international forger should pay all outstanding salaries of lecturers before we take him serious.
lol 😂😂 obidients 16 years of wailing is sure for you

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by ridbell01(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2023
keymatt:
lol 😂😂 obidients 16 years of waili*ng is sure for you
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by DrMuzungu(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
Larryndelaw:
youndey smoke igbo. Do tou realize they didn't work for 8 months . How come do you expect them to be paid. Is that how you will.run your own business if you managed to get one.

And why didn't they work for 8 months? Maybe because of already low and still owed salaries before they went on strike? So how is it then their fault? Do you realize that in some countries Nigerians look up to, it is a felony to not pay salaries?
Re: Tinubu Okays Release Of Four Months Withheld Lecturers’ Salaries by Rajosh(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
What about the students whose time was wasted?
No form of compensation like some percentage waiver In school fees.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out. / Should I Go For Pgd Or Bsc, I'm Confused / 'Dorcassing': Wikitionary Uses Nairaland Post As Example For New Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.