Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti (23618 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / Governor Makinde Appoints Ahmed Murtala, Kano Indigene As Aide / SURPRISE! Ihedioha Appoints Non-indigene As Imo SSG, Seriake Dickson Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by bhella10: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
In the same Biafra o! Oppressive homo sapiens angry

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by MadamExcellency: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

So you want to sit there and tell us we conduct credible elections under a fair process in Nigeria!?

I’ve not checked, but I’d wager all your so-called ‘elected’ LG chairmen of Aba since 1999 have all been PDP!

You have not checked? Do you mean the Internet? stop trying to debate politics by browsing the internet when a living encyclopedia is talking local politics of 50 years past.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
MadamExcellency:

This is why children like you should stay away from local politics. The majority of those useless chairmen according to you have been non-indigenes.

The first elected chairman of Aba North was Iboko O. Iboko, he wasn't an Ngwa man. Remember, he was the one that rebranded Abia State Polytechnic Aba to Aba North (trying to separate and divide a United clan) which caused an uproar before he removed the "North" he added.

What a load of horseshit!

I stand by my assertion that ALL past Aba LG chairmen, just like all past Abia governors, have all been scandalously useless! If past LG chairmen were half as decent as you’re making them out to be, Aba wouldn’t have degenerated into the eyesore it gradually turned into in this current political dispensation!

You keep banging on about ‘elected this…elected that’ as if elections in Nigeria are generally credible!

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
MadamExcellency:

You have not checked? Do you mean the Internet? stop trying to debate politics by browsing the internet when a living encyclopedia is talking local politics of 50 years past.

Fair enough!

So from 1999 to 2015, has any other party besides PDP produced Aba LG chairmen!? I don’t know for sure myself, but i can make an educated guess as to what the answer might be!
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Christistruth03: 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Iboko O. Iboko was the first LGA Chairman of Aba North, he wasn't from Aba-Ngwa but was elected and he tried his best as a civilian administrator.

Was he Yoruba or Hausa or Edo or Kanuri ?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by bhella10: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ozommadu:

When you lie shamelessly don't forget say na internet we dey.

🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖
You clearly are a Google guy. I would therefore say you are a genZ. You should listen when elders are talking

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by afube: 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin

Look at the people dragging Lagos

This is even worse than the one that they did Bianca Ojukwu

So how is a Yoruba going to be Mayor of Aba if you cannot accept ordinary Anambra Accross the Street from you?

Nobody is dragging Lagos with you...go and slay your fears and insecurities!! This is a democracy people have the inalienable rights to petition and to be heard! it is up to the governor to convince his people unlike the agberos in Lagos that came out with cudgels and matchetes to maim ndigbo in their midst...........very uncivilzed behaviour!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by MadamExcellency: 11:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

What a load of horseshit!

I stand by my assertion that ALL past Aba LG chairmen, just like all past Abia governors, have all been scandalously useless! If past LG chairmen were half as decent as you’re making them out to be, Aba wouldn’t have degenerated into the eyesore it gradually turned into in this current political dispensation!

You keep banging on about ‘elected this…elected that’ as if elections in Nigeria are generally credible!

Aba as a city was in existence before the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914.

Can you just go away if you don't know why Aba retrogressed? Aba was booming and fine with industries every nuke and crannies until 4 years uninterrupted reign of terror by Osisikanku's gang of kidnappers, Industries closed, Federal road contracts stopped, Expertrates kidnapped, Banks robbed daily, most Aba trade and commerce shifted to Onisha etc.

Aba had almost every industry that is in Ogun State. Employment after school wasn't such a problem.

You don't know Aba except for the internet.

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by MadamExcellency: 11:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Fair enough!

So from 1999 to 2015, has any other party besides PDP produced Aba LG chairmen!? I don’t know for sure myself, but I can make an educated guess as to what the answer might be!

Is 1999 of yesterday you want to use to talk of Aba? Nwanne, Aba is not a baby. Non-indigenes have been chairmen and mayors of Aba before the 3rd and 4th Republics.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Bede2u(m): 1:37am On Oct 21, 2023
leanonme82:

I think u read the wrong news. It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

They said the decision is 'provocative' because Aba is not 'no man's land'.
I knew you would stop replying to kepukepu even though he knows more about the news than you. You know why? What he told you is not what you wanted to hear. What you needed to hear was that Igbos don't like each other. So sad people like you exist.
They have told you that Aba people are happy with the appointment, no protests. But you want to give platform to a group of 10 faceless men because you want discord and to justify your excesses in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by SoNature(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2023
Let's see how it goes. That's all I can say.

If we are being honest here, Anambra people would never accept this either.

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by AntiChristian: 6:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Awon discriminating anuofia!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by 77up(m): 6:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Imagine these people igbo people are too tribalistic they are rejecting the man because he's from Anambra
Igbos are the most tribalistic bigot in this country and funniest thing is , they blame other tribes of same.

Hypocrite !

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by yommen: 6:30am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
These ones are foolish PDP members, no one is bothered about such trivial issues aside PDP.
Anybody can be Mayor of Aba

The real people have spoken their mind. You are only trying to cover up and no one recognises you

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Blake755: 6:30am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
These ones are foolish PDP members, no one is bothered about such trivial issues aside PDP.
You said the truth pdp is doing everything possible to scatter otti government the can go to hell with there opinions
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by yommen: 6:34am On Oct 21, 2023
Ozommadu:

Ilorin is saying hi

Can oyo man be anything in ekiti? Or even osun in Ondo??

Na only lagos this lagos that, whereas worst things happen in the rest of your 5states

You are more tribalistic, alaye. We Yorubas are still more tolerant towards and other people compared to you.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by hayoholla(m): 6:35am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
I think you should come To Abia and stay with us to see what exactly is going on. This group are a PDP ngwa wing.

While the people you people claim does not want a non yoruba to be a governor in lagos are Apc members,any there any difference? undecided keep fooling yourself.

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Henry22(m): 6:35am On Oct 21, 2023
PDP make una rest and lick your wounds in peace abeg

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Elexdallas(m): 6:35am On Oct 21, 2023
Who are the people that doesn’t want a non indigenous Aba man, I smell fake news. Abia that doesn’t mind ur state now as far as u will deliver now. Lol, though opposition might try to cause confusion shaa

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by yommen: 6:37am On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. See spin.

The Pakistani reciprocated by giving favours to the British nationals too. In fact, 7 of such were in the cabinet of recently outsted Pakistani PM, Imran Khan who himself was British-trained and based.

Let's quit these lies and hypocrisy, reciprocity is a natural law.

Any relationship that's not based on reciprocity will die disastrously.

This is a stark reality that the demand for reciprocity by the Yoruba from the Igbo is a legitimate and just demand. The Igbo do same and demand same from their fellow Igbo who do not come from their own state or LGAs so quit the hypocrisy.

You can not keep holding all your own and keep sharing that of others, it is just a matter of time that the relationship will be ruined when the Yoruba withhold their own resources and insist that you release your own before the Yoruba release theirs.

Tell that story to your fellow Igbos first. People that can't afford to tolerate themselves not to to talk other people always want to be tolerated. Stories.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by wittywriter: 6:38am On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin

So how is a Yoruba going to be Mayor of Aba if you cannot accept ordinary Anambra Accross the Street from you?

MadamExcellency:

Aba has elected more non-indigenes as LGA Chairman than any city in Nigeria. Ask questions or browse the net before spewing rubbish.

Selection/Appointment is not an outcome of a democratic process. Btw, I thought there were elected LGA Chairpersons who are yet to serve out their term.?

Wittyness
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by cocolacec(m): 6:38am On Oct 21, 2023
Ozommadu:

🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖
Aregbesola'a father is Igbira/Ebira from Kogi.Ilesa is where the mother comes from.Rauf adopted his mother's town and name.
His father was buried in Ebiraland while he was a governor.Rauf is called Obuko Ebira(he-goat of Ebiraland).

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by ernesco0816517(m): 6:39am On Oct 21, 2023
Na their life,they hate outsiders,hate themselves aswell.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Galaxydon1(m): 6:40am On Oct 21, 2023
Former governor who's an indigene of ABA, couldn't fix ABA.. Alex otti is who's not an indigene of ABA is now fixing ABA,. Ngwa indigene are greedy and selfish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by ppogba: 6:45am On Oct 21, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Imagine these people igbo people are too tribalistic they are rejecting the man because he's from Anambra

Are you surprised?
The same people that rejected a Catholic bishop because he is an Mbaise man?

But it suits them to cry more about Yorubas.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by DomPerignon: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:

Hubris!

An Ibo man will not take a grain from others what he demands from them.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by clockwisereport: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin

Those are stupid PDP members. Nobody takes them serious.
Hon Emeka Nnamani from Enugu state is representing Abia people in the house of reps.

Hon Stephen Ucheonye from Anambra state is representing Abia people in the Abia state house of assembly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by obembet(f): 6:47am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
I'm from Abia state and I want him to be the mayor of Aba, I am fully in support of it. This is PDP politics. You don't understand Abia politics, don't delve into it

Same thing happen to Bianca, Mba, Betty Anyanwu in imo, all this people are Igbos, people that cannot support Thier fellow Igbo from others state can never accept other tribes for political appointment. Besides I wil like u to read the news well

It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

I wish our Igbo brother can do what they preach in other state

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Satazaa: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth03:

Aregbesola Governed Osun State from Twice

He is from Kogi State

It was his mum who was Osun

Show us any of your own Governors that is a non indigene please
seriously? Please which part of kogi state
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by aybabz101: 6:54am On Oct 21, 2023
Ozommadu:

🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖

becos someone is born in ilesha now makes him an indigene of the state?.....

We are telling you that Aregbe is from Kogi, built his political platform in Lagos state and became a two term governor in Osun...

We have no problems with you guys but you wanting a cuisine from other region when you cannot even dish out a cup of rice is what we are against...you guys are always hypocritical when it comes to this issue with all evidence saying otherwise....

You guys did this to Bianca, Akeredolu's wife who is destroying Ondo state at the moment, and a host of others...even chief justice of a state in your region must belong to indigenes and of recent, your job postings clearly read indigenes...but you want others to be opening doors for you because their children must be breed in poverty?

Hypocrites!

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by clockwisereport: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2023
obembet:

Same thing happen to Bianca, Mba, Betty Anyanwu in imo, all this people are Igbos, people that cannot support Thier fellow Igbo from others state can never accept other tribes for political appointment. Besides I wil like u to read the news well

It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

I wish our Igbo brother can do what they preach in other state

Hon Emeka Nnamani from Enugu state is representing Abia people in the house of reps.

Hon Stephen Ucheonye from Anambra state is representing Abia people in the Abia state house of assembly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Facts that Binds Yorubas and Igbos - We're Brothers! / Bala Muhammed: Bauchi Will Vote Any Candidate Buhari Tells Them / Do These Filthy Gutters Do Justice To Lagos State's Mega City Status? (see PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.