Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti (23623 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / Governor Makinde Appoints Ahmed Murtala, Kano Indigene As Aide / SURPRISE! Ihedioha Appoints Non-indigene As Imo SSG, Seriake Dickson Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by clockwisereport: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Imagine these people igbo people are too tribalistic they are rejecting the man because he's from Anambra

Hon Emeka Nnamani from Enugu state is representing Abia people in the house of reps.

Hon Stephen Ucheonye from Anambra state is representing Abia people in the Abia state house of assembly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by blackgold2018(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
I'm from Abia state and I want him to be the mayor of Aba, I am fully in support of it. This is PDP politics. You don't understand Abia politics, don't delve into it
you are very correct.. Alex Otti is trying to close all PDP pipe holes in Abia completely
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kingspin(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2023
Who are these natives? Hungry politicians.
Do you not listen to them?
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by johnjose68: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2023
leanonme82:
By

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/we-wont-accept-a-non-indigene-as-mayor-of-aba-natives-tell-gov-otti/

I am waiting to hear from cartoon or racoon, the copy and paste engineer, on this matter grin grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Perspective666: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2023
Alex Otti should tread with caution. This is a very good idea, but I don't think it's the right time to carry it out.

Good idea, wrong timing.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Niasyoung: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Hope I'm seeing well. Abia is ,"NO MAN'S LAND"

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kingspin(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin

Look at the people dragging Lagos

This is even worse than the one that they did Bianca Ojukwu

So how is a Yoruba going to be Mayor of Aba if you cannot accept ordinary Anambra Accross the Street from you?
These are politicians seeking appointment, not Aba people. They serve their own interest only
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Perspective666: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Hon Emeka Nnamani from Enugu state is representing Abia people in the house of reps.

Hon Stephen Ucheonye from Anambra state is representing Abia people in the Abia state house of assembly

Let them know!

No place tribalism in Abia State.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by DECLAN2015(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
I believe the Yorubas are the most accomodating people in Nigeria....

Because, what these guys are taking from Igbos, I doubt if Igbos would8taken the same nonsense from Yorubas.

I will expect bashing and Insults........

Truth only but the truth
So much disrespect for us despite being here benefitting and the only problem is that they feel so much comfortable here making them to misbehave

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by compton11(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2023
Xscape1993:
Majority of blacks are cursed....
which your father included

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Jbleenk: 7:08am On Oct 21, 2023
Ozommadu:

Ilorin is saying hi

Can oyo man be anything in ekiti? Or even osun in Ondo??

Na only lagos this lagos that, whereas worst things happen in the rest of your 5states

Come to Ekiti you will see even igbos holding juicy positions there not to talk of people from other SW states. We are not like you, we are very liberal and that’s what is killing us

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kingspin(m): 7:09am On Oct 21, 2023
leanonme82:

I think u read the wrong news. It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

They said the decision is 'provocative' because Aba is not 'no man's land'.
They are politicians...
How many people are supporting them in the comments section?
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kepukepu: 7:10am On Oct 21, 2023
hayoholla:

While the people you people claim does not want a non yoruba to be a governor in lagos are Apc members,any there any difference? undecided keep fooling yourself.
I'm from Abia state and I reside in Abia state.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by DECLAN2015(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2023
afube:

Nobody is dragging Lagos with you...go and slay your fears and insecurities!! This is a democracy people have the inalienable rights to petition and to be heard! it is up to the governor to convince his people unlike the agberos in Lagos that came out with cudgels and matchetes to maim ndigbo in their midst...........very uncivilzed behaviour!

No one maine you
And next time stay in your lane
You can't chestbeat with people in their land and win
Cos igbo no go even inch of what they dish out to others

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kepukepu: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2023
obembet:

Same thing happen to Bianca, Mba, Betty Anyanwu in imo, all this people are Igbos, people that cannot support Thier fellow Igbo from others state can never accept other tribes for political appointment. Besides I wil like u to read the news well

It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

I wish our Igbo brother can do what they preach in other state
It is PDP you come to Abia and see what's happening
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Chibueze198: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2023
Adebari was elected as the first black mayor in Ireland in 2007. Rotimi Adebari. Laois County Councillor. In office 2009–2014.
Nothing is wrong in none indigent becoming a major in Aba.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Kepukepu: 7:15am On Oct 21, 2023
DomPerignon:

Hubris!

An Ibo man will not take a grain from others what he demands from them.

you just want to believe what you want to believe. Who am I to stop you.
Arguing with a tribal bigot is a waste of time. We in Abians, who are into abia politics know what's happening and we don't need anyone to interpret it for us
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by AbujaLagos: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth03:

Aregbesola Governed Osun State from Twice

He is from Kogi State

It was his mum who was Osun

Show us any of your own Governors that is a non indigene please
which kogi! you still dey follow mumu talk @this level of your exposure
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Jomonix: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. See spin.

The Pakistani reciprocated by giving favours to the British nationals too. In fact, 7 of such were in the cabinet of recently outsted Pakistani PM, Imran Khan who himself was British-trained and based.

Let's quit these lies and hypocrisy, reciprocity is a natural law.

Any relationship that's not based on reciprocity will die disastrously.

This is a stark reality that the demand for reciprocity by the Yoruba from the Igbo is a legitimate and just demand. The Igbo do same and demand same from their fellow Igbo who do not come from their own state or LGAs so quit the hypocrisy.

You can not keep holding all your own and keep sharing that of others, it is just a matter of time that the relationship will be ruined when the Yoruba withhold their own resources and insist that you release your own before the Yoruba release theirs.

You don't get what you didn't ask for. You get what you have worked for. How many Yoruba do you have in ABA or any other part of the SE, and is prominent, understands the environment like an indigenous person, built a house and feels at home. The answer is none because you usually don't travel but stay largely in you states or Lagos while forming opinion about places you have never been to. Let's not bring tribalism into everything.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Chidex50(m): 7:18am On Oct 21, 2023
That's always the problem of Ngwa people. They're the same people that imposed Okezie Ikpeazu on Abians.
Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Georgejeez: 7:22am On Oct 21, 2023
A fellow Igbo man cannot be mayor in Aba because "it's not a no Man's land" .

But you all can go to other people's lands , settle down , flourish , contest and be elected or appointed into Leadership positions , call Lagos " No Man's land" , when they resist you will say y'all are victimised and oppressed whereas you do worse in your own enclave .

I have never seen a region of Hypocrites like these people.

14 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Khyrvxjzy: 7:25am On Oct 21, 2023
leanonme82:

I think u read the wrong news. It was the indigenous people of Aba, not PDP.

They said the decision is 'provocative' because Aba is not 'no man's land'.

sooner or later that guy will shift the blame on yoruba and tinubu

just leave him

12 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Georgejeez: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
These ones are foolish PDP members, no one is bothered about such trivial issues aside PDP.
Anybody can be Mayor of Aba

Borrowing a leaf from APC Politicians by shifting all the blames on PDP right ?

If your djck refuse to go for second round , you will still blame PDP for weak erection

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2023
ppogba:

Are you surprised?
The same people that rejected a Catholic bishop because he is an Mbaise man?

But it suits them to cry more about Yorubas.
don't mind them Yoruba is their problem

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Edusouls(m): 7:26am On Oct 21, 2023
Igbos claim Lagos is no man’s land, now down to Igbo land a fellow Igbo was made mayor in an Igbo state, they said no that their place can’t be a no man’s land that anambra man can’t be accepted as a mayor to them abians , Igbo kwenu, Biafra kwenu?

13 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Khyrvxjzy: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2023
Kepukepu:
These ones are foolish PDP members, no one is bothered about such trivial issues aside PDP.
Anybody can be Mayor of Aba

nawa oooo ibo no even like each other

8 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2023
77up:
Igbos are the most tribalistic bigot in this country and funniest thing is , they blame other tribes of same.

Hypocrite !
don't mind them they are too tribalistic

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by BALLOSKI: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2023
leanonme82:
Abia state does not want Anambra man as mayor, even though he is a resident and pays his taxes in Abia state.

I've always maintained that you have a people who want everything from their hosts but won't give you one thing in their own place. Lagos is a "no man's land", but Aba belongs to them and an Anambra man, an igbo man like them can't be a mayor.

You can already imagine what Biafra would look like already.

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by RealLordZeus(m): 7:28am On Oct 21, 2023
Ozommadu:

Ilorin is saying hi

Can oyo man be anything in ekiti? Or even osun in Ondo??

Na only lagos this lagos that, whereas worst things happen in the rest of your 5states
Stop saying what you don't know, all Ibadan indigenes are immigrants from other Yoruba town and cities

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Accept A Non-indigene As Mayor Of Aba, Natives Tell Gov Otti by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Aba has elected more non-indigenes as LGA Chairman than any city in Nigeria. Ask questions or browse the net before spewing rubbish.

Selection/Appointment is not an outcome of a democratic process. Btw, I thought there were elected LGA Chairpersons who are yet to serve out their term.?
stop defending rubbish truth is bitter

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / PDP Leadership Is Selfish, Greedy, Self-centered, Says Dokpesi / Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.