Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse (69891 Views)

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Enemyofpeace: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
The marriage and its products have been caused.

Edo no dey joke with their traditions. Their king is not like that yahoo yahoo boy that calls himself the Hot of ife

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Biola67: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
nothing go do you mr man. Make dem first curse the poverty wey dey their land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
CSTRR:

And who told you they didn't?

Do you know how they all ended?
Lol. Till today,the whites that destroy and enslaved edo people are still enjoying
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Hydroxide(m): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Oba go sit down for one place abeg. Why laying curse? Na you be him papa? Nonsense talk! Na this same Oba lay curses on Cultism killing in Edo state and Edo youth still dey run am.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Jorussia(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
Coronavirus1:

What is over doing things, what does it take away from the the useless oba just dance with Eben the courses go no where oba is not his father and oba is not God he should concentrate on his land grabing of oba owns the land up to Abroad. Who oba help has oba given any scotlaship to any indigin of Edo ,benin city full of pot holes what has the oba done to attract investment to the state thunder fire oba yansh
Has Oba offered any scholarships to Edo natives? Benin City is riddled with potholes, leaving one to wonder about Oba's efforts to attract investments to the state. Oba's actions are perplexing."
Na my oba of Benin kingdom na him u dey call useless?social media don spoil so many things sha.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Enemyofpeace: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
maticar:

Life and death are in the tongue.
God already placed it there, use it when necessary
leave that guy make him dey yarn nonsense
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by phkka1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
This guy crossed the red line.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:

You didn't answer my simple question, sir.
It's not about my type. It's about logic and reasoning. Doing what is right. It's about challenging the status quo and having a working society.

How can an oba have a committee that curses people but he doesn't have that which blesses his people? Is he there to help his people grow or finish them off?
They should have a committee that challenges status quo, that bridges the gap between poor and rich,advocacy committee that challenges systemic poverty. Women committee etc
But na cursing committee that Oba has, lol

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by correctguy101(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.

The ways of the universe are wondrous, complicated and simple.

If the oba take am serious and the Ewaise do the needful. Forget, the guy would need another initiated to free himself.

It's just like when someone knows what the x in an equation should be to give you the answer you seek. Add x and watch the universe respond accordingly.

That's how God made it.

The traditions and customs are currently weak mostly because many of it's guiding forces are dead(inactive or in slumber). And many are leaving it hence the death of the guiding forces.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by EXOUSIAng: 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:

You didn't answer my simple question, sir.
It's not about my type. It's about logic and reasoning. Doing what is right. It's about challenging the status quo and having a working society.

How can an oba have a committee that curses people but he doesn't have that which blesses his people? Is he there to help his people grow or finish them off?
Did you read the part of the bible where God placed curses and blessing on the people....
It'd goes same way.
I am a Benue man in my place we don't steal, if I steal na my deity go arrange make them catch me, so also if you steal from me what ever curse I lay on you you done carry load, I can't be used for money ritual or killed anyhow but if I have human blood on my hands my deity will kill me, reason why people from my place are never known for blood money. The deity will protect and bless you but there is also a curse if you do the opposite...
You are asking me how the people can be cursed but they cannot be blessed.
They sacrifice a goat to pay a curse on you, you that need a chicken to activate your blessings say you are a christain, do you want to reap from a deity you didn't sow to?

The things of the spirit are deeper than you an ever imagine.
I am a Christian from a christain home, but I have respect for all those deities, Jesus is head over all principalities and powers not you, He only became head he didn't take away their powers, use your head.
The devil all bless you if you do the needful.
It is not the responsibility of the Oba to carry out sacrifice for people....
The rules are on ground, do this and you will be blessed, do that and you are cursed. Simple have you done the needful to get the blessing.
Please read this twice
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:

He is a petulant, idle coward. Let him face Obaseki if them born am well. He tried his rubbish near Obaseki sometime ago but he quickly retraced his steps.
I think he's bored since his influence is limited to Edo state. Maybe if he had something doing, he would have been less petulant and cranky.
Maybe probably you don't know Bini tradition, Obaseki or any other governor of the state can't dear the Oba. Do you think is Emir or Ooni that their traditional stool is politicise?

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 3ice9ce: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
CSTRR:
[center][/center]
Na oracle you dey talk to like that?

And if you are in Lagos, are you aware that Lagos is his domain too.
His spiritual authority extends there.

Don't play with fire.

Lagos or Onitsha is too far. Obaseki is there with him in Benin City. Tell your Oba to extend his spiritual authority to Obaseki make that one show am craze.

By the way, come see wetin them use your Oba eye see for here.
https://www.nairaland.com/7815470/lamidi-declared-authentic-party-chairman#125330742
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by masseratti: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:
Oba won place curse and he no Dey create work
don't mind all those traditional rulers.. All they know how to do is marry more wives cause more problem than solution in their community, hardly attract any meaningful development to their community.. All they do is collect 2.5% of LGA allocation from the federation account.. Which in it's self is very illegal because Nigeria is a "Republic".

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by BarTheKing: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
sheeda995:

Why don't you think this only happened in Africa. White people enslaved so many of you in Benin,your Oba curse no work,Colonial master came, e no work. Poverty plenty for Benin your king no bless them.
Let that guy move abroad and lets see if yeye curse go work. The reason it seems curse work is bcx living in Nigeria itself is a calamity and there's already a high percentage yoh will be unfortunate, thus once you are unfortunate,people will attribute it ti curses.Du*mb people. May God help you
Poverty in Benin?, mention your state for comparison.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by livenija: 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
You go dance pass wetin you suppose dance ..... Now Oba don curse you.....

Make we deh try 43sprct traditions sha.
abeg quiet, yeye curse from where
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jorussia:
Na my oba of Benin kingdom na him u dey call useless?social media don spoil so many things sha.
The reason Africa is poor is cx ppl like you are the majority in Africa. The day primary education focuses on training children confidence to challenge status quo,maybe Africa will become better. Traditional rulers in Africa is one of her major problems, they contribute to nothing. How come a city with a king is beyond underdeveloped?An average African will not think about that. A king should be there for advocacy for his town,should be a leader that is involved in the curriculum of his city's education making sure children are well trained,he should be involved in youth empowerment,should be the voice of the oppressed. But no, in Africa na to dey curse and fight over who to bcm king And practice juju

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by hatedisplace: 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2023
killsmith:

Na mumu no know say traditional leaders and pastors and politicians dey the same WhatsApp group.

All criminals deceiving people with ideas and fear.
Where Oba dey when whiteman come destroy their land, steal their things, kill their people etc. Africa with mumu na like 5 and 6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by ReubenE(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

You get it wrong.

I could curse a politician as a person, without the backing of a spirit entity and nothing will happen.
But the type of curse the Oba of Benin is talking about is not just word of mouth.
Note that he is not the one placing the curse, they is a group charged with that responsibility, not just anybody can place the curse.
That curse I can guarantee you will go with a sacrifice on an alter, making it a covenant. That curse now has the backing of a spirit entity, a spirit or deity is now backing the curse making sure the curse is activated....

I am not talking about emotional curses, curses we lay out of anger and frustration, like saying "Ogun kill you"
But you see go to a river Ogun bank meet with a priest provide what is needed to invoke Ogun and lay that curse, you will see the difference between "Ogun kee you" and "Ogun kill you" except the person in question is innocent. And in this case we both know the young man is not innocent

No joke with those things oh.
Go to your village and break some rules that may seem lame and you would be shocked at the result.... Those rules as simple or stupid as they may seem have spirit watching.

How do you think we Africans maintained order in our societies before the white man brought police?
Or you also think we had no order and we were jumping from tree to tree....
when will the Oba of Benin and his council of curse priests curse economic development in Benin or even start from the stoppage of cultism and idleness in Benin/Edo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 3ice9ce: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Maybe probably you don't know Bini tradition, Obaseki or any other governor of the state can't dear the Oba. Do you think is Emir or Ooni that their traditional stool is politicise?

Go and sit down. Is it not a politician that presented his staff of office to him? Na Osho Baba hand over staff of office to am.
They deposed the Sultan and nothing happened. Your Oba is very small. If he misbehaves, he will be summarily dealt with.
They will depose him to a village in Bayelsa and install someone from another Ruling House as the Oba.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
BarTheKing:

Poverty in Benin?, mention your state for comparison.
You see your problem? You want to turn it into competition. Who told you I'm not saying thesame about all the states in Africa? Or you want to prove there's no poverty in Edo state?

You guys should better start an advocacy committee to help your people and start challenging the systemic oppression of people and systemic causes of poverty.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by PopQueenAgency: 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
Oba Cornwuare II

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
ReubenE:
when will the Oba of Benin and his council of curse priests curse economic development in Benin or even start from the stoppage of cultism and idleness in Benin/Edo
I didn't know nairaland still hv ppl with senses. Who you support? Isreal or Palestine?
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
I keep saying it, social media will be the undoing of this generation. People are getting dumber since the advent of social media
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by killsmith(f): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
hatedisplace:

Where Oba dey when whiteman come destroy their land, steal their things, kill their people etc. Africa with mumu na like 5 and 6.
Oba and traditional rulers are conmen. They deceive people with culture and fear of ancestors.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Pootle: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
this one don receive curse on top marriage shocked

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Advancedman(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/edo-grooms-dance-incurs-oba-of-benins-anger-as-palace-places-curse/

I support the curse, you no get sense use one day event scatter your life because simple and normal thing is abominable to you.
Man sort yourself.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 3ice9ce: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jorussia:

Enemyofpeace:
The marriage and its products have been caused.
Edo no dey joke with their traditions. Their king is not like that yahoo yahoo boy that calls himself the Hot of ife

Which Oba of Benin. Go and sit down my friend. Bini wey no get any better UNESCO recognised festival. Nonsense.

Tell him to stop being a pedophile. How can he marry same sister in this age and time. How does he even sleep with two eyes closed.

Lol 😂 which great power Benin get? You mean the power wey una no fit use better your young boys wey don die under cultism finish. Power ko, passa ni.

You guys can abuse Ooni, abuse Kumuyi, abuse Adeboye, but if we drag your Benin Oba, you will be crying like baby.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
leave that guy make him dey yarn nonsense
Y buhari no die? Why Tinubu no die?
If you have access to good health care services, nothing go do you.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
killsmith:

Oba and traditional rulers are conmen. They deceive people with culture and fear of ancestors.
I agree. Oba,pastors politicians na same category.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheflat: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
I love Benin cultures, am a yoruba man but Benin is still the number 1 to me. Respect to the royal family, Respect to the council of chiefs. The moment you heard Oba of Benin said, them no born you well, you go compose.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Whatisurproblem(m): 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:
Oba won place curse and he no Dey create work
mumu man, yeye oba wey wan collect money

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sharpman1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/edo-grooms-dance-incurs-oba-of-benins-anger-as-palace-places-curse/

Nonsense!

Oba don place curse on the politicians looting an destroying the country? Misplaced priorities. He should put his curse inside his pocket. Rubbish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.