Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse (69890 Views)

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by JOemmy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
Will the oba have ordered curses if it were to be Hollywood actors that were ignorantly displaying benin culture in a movie? I have watched some Hollywood movies were nigerian juju masks was used I believe that approval were never sought from the ethnic groups it belongs to before they were used

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by fm7070: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
Custom of slavery.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Ohizman73(m): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2023
Well the question i would ask what if such demonstration was done in a play or through acting would the oba now invoke such concern . This is the 21st century for devils sake.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sheeda995(f): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
of them born you well mention your state make we compare, If you be Yoruba which i know say you be, no where for Yoruba land fine reach Benin aside Lagos and Lagos na no mans land
Your iq is surey low and a city's development is a basic right. Don't even know where to start with you, you are a stack semi illiterate. I'm talking about Africa, you are saying let's compare Benin and Lagos. Ode. Aside South Africa, everywhere in Africa is ghetto

4 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Agunesinjaweola: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
Hypocrisy from the Oba who married same twins as wifes and think it's not immoral

Oba should thank God that twerking allows us to know about the Benin tradition.
This is not a stone age !

Oyinbo don't complain If you wear a scarf on top of your suited collar or a cap 🧢 on your coat 🧥
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by eepeepook: 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
Backward people. Still in the 60s in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Coronavirus1: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jorussia:
Na my oba of Benin kingdom na him u dey call useless?social media don spoil so many things sha.
Oba na land graber though happy birthday to him
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by okoroemeka(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.
I stand to be corrected but the benin ancient kingdom with it's traditions may have predated the birth of Jesus christ,the truth is that we will not throw away our traditions because of the whitemans religion that has already died in their country,even for you to credit the creation of the universe to a single entity is absurd and laughable,the universe is simply too big even for the Lord to create

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by jeff1607(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:
Oba won place curse and he no Dey create work

I tire I, he isn't concerned about how Benin is still stuck in the past , no jobs no development.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by papamodico: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by nams77: 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.
You are partially correct. There are two forces that acts on spoken words by mortal. The true God Jehovah and agents of darkness but note that God almighty supercedes and his position is sacrosanct and final
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Kaytixy: 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
Useless Oba
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by OkoAnike(m): 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:

U are a boy...
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Simbrixton(m): 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:

Edo doesn't have an Oba. There's only one Oba and he's the Oba of Benin, not the entire Edo state.
edo is bini
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by cliffypatt(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:
If he is not castigating the Minister from his state, he is dragging artifacts with Obaseki. Those ones ignored him, he has now reduced himself to cursing grooms.

He is too petty. I think his problem is idleness. He has too much time on his hands and his sphere of influence is so small.

Go to the Palace and say it to his face.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by cliffypatt(m): 11:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:

Go and sit down. Is it not a politician that presented his staff of office to him? Na Osho Baba hand over staff of office to am.
They deposed the Sultan and nothing happened. Your Oba is very small. If he misbehaves, he will be summarily dealt with.
They will depose him to a village in Bayelsa and install someone from another Ruling House as the Oba.

You write like you can say this at his Palace, people like you that insults others online are actually weaklings and cowards in person.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by cliffypatt(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
Usenokpevbo:
of them born you well mention your state make we compare, If you be Yoruba which i know say you be, no where for Yoruba land fine reach Benin aside Lagos and Lagos na no mans land

Rightly written
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 3ice9ce: 12:16am On Oct 22, 2023
cliffypatt:

You write like you can say this at his Palace, people like you that insults others online are actually weaklings and cowards in person.
cliffypatt:

Go to the Palace and say it to his face.

Idleness is making your Oba misbehave. Get something for him to do so he can stop marrying 2 sisters of the same mother and placing curses on his unfortunate subjects.
Meanwhile, he can't place curses on cultists killing Ovbiedo. Nonsense.
That's how he wanted to try nonsense with Obaseki before that one humbled your Oba.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by greypencils: 12:32am On Oct 22, 2023
Do wedding Jeje, less frivolities, less stress, less people, no Dorime, easy easy, no social media self na the way O. For a journey quite precious & precarious like marriage, the lesser the eyes you have on you, the better. Not just wedding, life in general. No be everybody get your best interest at heart. While show yourself?
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by greypencils: 12:41am On Oct 22, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

You get it wrong.

I could curse a politician as a person, without the backing of a spirit entity and nothing will happen.
But the type of curse the Oba of Benin is talking about is not just word of mouth.
Note that he is not the one placing the curse, they is a group charged with that responsibility, not just anybody can place the curse.
That curse I can guarantee you will go with a sacrifice on an alter, making it a covenant. That curse now has the backing of a spirit entity, a spirit or deity is now backing the curse making sure the curse is activated....

I am not talking about emotional curses, curses we lay out of anger and frustration, like saying "Ogun kill you"
But you see go to a river Ogun bank meet with a priest provide what is needed to invoke Ogun and lay that curse, you will see the difference between "Ogun kee you" and "Ogun kill you" except the person in question is innocent. And in this case we both know the young man is not innocent

No joke with those things oh.
Go to your village and break some rules that may seem lame and you would be shocked at the result.... Those rules as simple or stupid as they may seem have spirit watching.

How do you think we Africans maintained order in our societies before the white man brought police?
Or you also think we had no order and we were jumping from tree to tree....
You get sense. School them for they don't know.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by DSoj(m): 6:11am On Oct 22, 2023
Stupidd arrogant archaic backward people, still think we are in 1800.

RUBBISH. To hell with useless traditions

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Mac2016(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2023
Religion and traditions used solely to instigate fear have outlived their usefulness. Roads connecting west is horrible and despicable. Oba no fit lay curse or blessing say make road come alive but can frown at their own citizens even after the groom begged and not recalcitrant. Nonsense. A king that lack love is not worth being one.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Peledonomy: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
okoroemeka:
I stand to be corrected but the benin ancient kingdom with it's traditions may have predated the birth of Jesus christ,the truth is that we will not throw away our traditions because of the whitemans religion that has already died in their country,even for you to credit the creation of the universe to a single entity is absurd and laughable,the universe is simply too big even for the Lord to create

People need to know that traditions, beliefs etc are all fallacy. Evolution is the Lord
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by theforemost: 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/edo-grooms-dance-incurs-oba-of-benins-anger-as-palace-places-curse/

You can't but admire these people as they honor their king. The subject act ethw best way
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by prophetfire: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Oba have mercy on your subjects. Let him carry out the necessary divinations to appease the gods of the Land.
Nonsense rage and nonsensical gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.