Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse (69868 Views)

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by biina: 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
How many curses has the Oba placed on the politicians that have been looting the commonwealth of his people? undecided

Very stupid Oba!!!

4 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by KosiGee(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
If man were God!!!

Mohammed has been mocked.
Jesus Christ has been ridiculed?
Koran abused.
Bible blasphemed.

If man were God.!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
Na wa for this Oba, matter wey require condemnation then correction with maturity, him dey carry curse enter am.

Yeye dey smell.
After all, he is just a human and nothing more, Mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Lance008(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2023
Dennisochampa:
So how many jobs your own traditional ruler don give your family No insult me o.. Just asking based on your post.
It's not in an oba's position to provide jobs.
He is the custodian of the traditions of the Benin land and that is what he's protecting
You no well at all
Curse means punishment u no Dey help person and u won still punish an
Did I told u it's the oba duty to create a job ?
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by siant: 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

You get it wrong.

I could curse a politician as a person, without the backing of a spirit entity and nothing will happen.
But the type of curse the Oba of Benin is talking about is not just word of mouth.
Note that he is not the one placing the curse, they is a group charged with that responsibility, not just anybody can place the curse.
That curse I can guarantee you will go with a sacrifice on an alter, making it a covenant. That curse now has the backing of a spirit entity, a spirit or deity is now backing the curse making sure the curse is activated....

I am not talking about emotional curses, curses we lay out of anger and frustration, like saying "Ogun kill you"
But you see go to a river Ogun bank meet with a priest provide what is needed to invoke Ogun and lay that curse, you will see the difference between "Ogun kee you" and "Ogun kill you" except the person in question is innocent. And in this case we both know the young man is not innocent

No joke with those things oh.
Go to your village and break some rules that may seem lame and you would be shocked at the result.... Those rules as simple or stupid as they may seem have spirit watching.

How do you think we Africans maintained order in our societies before the white man brought police?
Or you also think we had no order and we were jumping from tree to tree....
Laying a curse in the name of the Almighty God or those demons you refer as gods? You invoke any evil spirit to lay curse on a child of God and you think it's going to have any effect? Never! Some of us have passed that level where someone would be threatening us with nonsense juju. E no go better for gods.
Did you remember what God told Abraham, anyone who curse you, I will curse. That's is the sure 'back to sender' for every child of God
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Usenokpevbo: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
sheeda995:

Why don't you think this only happened in Africa. White people enslaved so many of you in Benin,your Oba curse no work,Colonial master came, e no work. Poverty plenty for Benin your king no bless them.
Let that guy move abroad and lets see if yeye curse go work. The reason it seems curse work is bcx living in Nigeria itself is a calamity and there's already a high percentage yoh will be unfortunate, thus once you are unfortunate,people will attribute it ti curses.Du*mb people. May God help you
of them born you well mention your state make we compare, If you be Yoruba which i know say you be, no where for Yoruba land fine reach Benin aside Lagos and Lagos na no mans land

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sajiwere(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Dancebreaker: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:

Edo doesn't have an Oba. There's only one Oba and he's the Oba of Benin, not the entire Edo state.

Edo= Benin.

Benin or Edo did not begin in August 1991.

Long after Edo State is gone, may be after Afemesan state is finally formed, it will still be Edo=Benin.

We are waiting for various peoples to go their separate ways so that people can finally own the names that belong to them historically. May be we can then focus on development instead of dragging names or superiority.

That aside:
Eben/sceptre is not used anyhow in Benin practice. Some other tribes even us it in burials and other occasions. Each culture has its rules.

Izoduwa should have known better. He's a decent guy and will learn his lessons.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Ewedegubbler: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jealous Oba

Wetin concern the over sabi Oba with common wedding dance ?

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Nyanabo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
Most youths don't know traditions. The oba in his knowledge would have called them to order rather than placing curses. What would he gain by placing curses on them? Mtcheew
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by thirdeye(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
This is nothing but stupidity,
I am sure if it was a white man that did this, the narrative will be 'Bini to the world' Oyinbo is promoting our culture.
Upon all the traditional gragra ordinary governor can remove any king in Nigeria. Please go and sit-down and think of how to better the lots of your subjects.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Christistruth03: 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
Is the guy related to Odua Imasuen of Nollywood?
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Dennisochampa: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:

You no well at all
Curse means punishment u no Dey help person and u won still punish an
Did I told u it's the oba duty to create a job ?
I just think you're stupid to be honest.
What kind of help or assistance do u expect from a traditional ruler you're not directly related to?
This is a simple case of, u disobey the laws of the land, u get punished...
Werin bring help come the matter
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by AfonjaConehead: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
Haaa! Eleyi gaa o!
Eleyi gidigan!
Osalobua lahor o...
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by KoshCAD: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
The oba or whatever did not create the guy, so hus curses are worthless.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Ishilove: 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
You mean to tell me no single elder in the wedding ceremony could caution them??
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by KoshCAD: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Dey play.
Remember the man whose horse spoke in the bible, dude was on his way to curse Israel.
God stopped him because even God knows the curse would have worked.
If what you said is true, God for just allow waka go waka come.
The realm of the spirit doesn't work that way.
If live your live with this your mindset you will be easy prey
Oga, curse will not work unless you do evil to the people or people who curse you.

Oba is not his creator and he did not do evil to the oba.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by AfonjaConehead: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Edo= Benin.

Benin or Edo did not begin in August 1991.

Long after Edo State is gone, may be after Afemesan state is finally formed, it will still be Edo=Benin.

We are waiting for various peoples to go their separate ways so that people can finally own the names that belong to them historically. May be we can then focus on development instead of dragging names or superiority.

That aside:
Eben/sceptre is not used anyhow in Benin practice. Some other tribes even us it in burials and other occasions. Each culture has its rules.

Izoduwa should have known better. He's a decent guy and will learn his lessons.
What the hell do you mean by "Afemesan",looks like you wanna partake in that eboh.

Edo(Benin) and Esan are one. Or it is Edo,Esan and Afemai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by joseph1832(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ishilove:
You mean to tell me no single elder in the wedding ceremony could caution them??
I was really baffled but didn't want to say anything, except of course, they were there but money and the possession of it, blinded them from doing what they're suppose to do.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:

Go and sit down. Is it not a politician that presented his staff of office to him? Na Osho Baba hand over staff of office to am.
They deposed the Sultan and nothing happened. Your Oba is very small. If he misbehaves, he will be summarily dealt with.
They will depose him to a village in Bayelsa and install someone from another Ruling House as the Oba.
This where you miss it, RULING HOUSE. That is what make Bini kingdom different from Sultan and the likes. The Staff office presented or not, that is not what makes him to be an Oba. The day he was born that was the day the thrown was waiting for him to ascend. If he is deposed as you imagine, who takes over, His Son no one else.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/edo-grooms-dance-incurs-oba-of-benins-anger-as-palace-places-curse/

when dem say make una do simple wedding, una say no as if all this activity is what will make the marriage succeed
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by muykem: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
I also condemn Oba statement especially the curse aspect. Oba is not a God but a custodian of tradition, speaking against the groom and his men activities is enough, cursing them is a joke taking too far.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Dancebreaker: 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

What the hell do you mean by "Afemesan",looks like you wanna partake in that eboh.

Edo(Benin) and Esan are one. Or it is Edo,Esan and Afemai.
Well, in MidWest/Bendel, Edoid people like Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe and others were part of it. Why should there not be more states for Edoid people as the population grows?

There are many states with Hausa people, many with Yoruboid people. I see as the logical way forward. People can continue to evolve their identities as they wish.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Bonapart(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
They ended up destroying themselves because they want to trend

Oba please, forgive your children .
which children ,The Lord alone decide who can be cursed or bless. Yeye dey smell
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by aalangel(f): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
Mtchewwwwww
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Gee64: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
Why undermine custom and tradition?

They went too far!

Your Royal Highness,
May you live long on the throne.

Forgive your children, your highness 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by maikes: 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2023
abeg make that oba help us course tinubu
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by mastermaestro(m): 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
whizzler:

I tire oh, something he could just reprimand the young man. I wonder why their curses work more than their prayers

I believe he won't be cursed eventually. It's only a threat to deter others as well as force him to tender a public apology. However, I could be wrong though because this current Oba is very hot-tempered.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by mastermaestro(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
OladipupoIyowun:
Only God owns the key to every man's destiny. I rest my case. If you serve the living God and know his words, you won't be deter by any man's threat

And don't err. Curses draw legitimacy and potency from a person's offence. The guy in question has errred. GOD does not pamper foolishness as displayed by these young men. So be balanced when you teach divine ordinances.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by danilho(m): 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Oba is not God , thunder fire oba
Take it easy, Oba is not the cause of your problems and frustration.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by mastermaestro(m): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Did you read the part of the bible where God placed curses and blessing on the people....
It'd goes same way.
I am a Benue man in my place we don't steal, if I steal na my deity go arrange make them catch me, so also if you steal from me what ever curse I lay on you you done carry load, I can't be used for money ritual or killed anyhow but if I have human blood on my hands my deity will kill me, reason why people from my place are never known for blood money. The deity will protect and bless you but there is also a curse if you do the opposite...
You are asking me how the people can be cursed but they cannot be blessed.
They sacrifice a goat to pay a curse on you, you that need a chicken to activate your blessings say you are a christain, do you want to reap from a deity you didn't sow to?

The things of the spirit are deeper than you an ever imagine.
I am a Christian from a christain home, but I have respect for all those deities, Jesus is head over all principalities and powers not you, He only became head he didn't take away their powers, use your head.
The devil all bless you if you do the needful.
It is not the responsibility of the Oba to carry out sacrifice for people....
The rules are on ground, do this and you will be blessed, do that and you are cursed. Simple have you done the needful to get the blessing.
Please read this twice

Sir, you have done more than enough to enlighten that fella. Please leave him to his logic until something closes in on him. Some people read one or two books and start feeling like philosophers ignoring spiritual orders and patterns. He will be jostled back to reality at some point in this world. Abeg I nor fit talk jor. grin

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by wale2020: 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.

Very wrong. Curse is not of the Lord. Curse is from the wicked one, who came to steal, Kill and Destroy.
Our Lord Jesus Christ admonished us to pray even for our enemies. God is light. Curse is Darkness.

CC @Dr Abel Damina.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.