Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery (6737 Views)

NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 / Casual Workers Ground Activities At Warri Refinery / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by ijustdey: 6:46am On Oct 21, 2023

The Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has reported what it called a minor fire outbreak at the cooling tower of Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company Limited (WRPC) in Warri, Delta State.

In a statement posted on its X handle (formerly Twitter) and signed by the NNPCL Management Friday night, the oil company said the fire outbreak, which ocurred at about 3pm on Friday afternoon, was put out after about 30 minutes, adding that the incident will not affect the ongoing refinery rehabilitation project and delivery schedule.

“This afternoon, at about 15:02hrs, there was a minor fire incident at the cooling tower of Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company Limited (WRPC).

“The fire which occurred as a result of ongoing welding activity at the top of the cooling tower will not affect the refinery rehabilitation project delivery schedule.

“NNPC Limited safety officers at the Refinery acted immediately and put out the fire at about 15:30hrs; normalcy has since been restored.

“NNPC Limited will continue to adhere to the best safety standards in all its business operations,” the statement said

https://leadership.ng/just-in-nnpcl-reports-minor-fire-outbreak-at-warri-refinery/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Thundafireseun: 6:47am On Oct 21, 2023
Use of substandard materials and negligence are the main reasons why a refinery that has not yet started operations will be on fire

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by accordadoga25(f): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2023
Hehehe

24 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Yugoslavia247(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2023
Who else remembers the statement

Na statistics we go chop?

Now them dey quote statistics up and down.

I said it always during the election.

Tinubu never succeeded as a governor.

Anybody can actually do well.

Lagos is rich but Nigeria is broke
You can loot 1 billion in lagos and replace it in two days via the taxes.
If you loot Nigeria you can not replace it

Now he came to Nigeria started saying na statistics we go chop.

Man thinks na kingdom he wan rule.

Now all the people dey understand the statistics as food no dey to chop.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Higherthan: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2023
Another means to embezzle funds for repair and to cover tarcks

6 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by alpharoyalty: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2023
I smell sabotage.
#Dangote
#Fuel importers
#oil thieves
#corrupt government officials and civil servants
#All enemies of Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by adesegun121(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2023
Wahala
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by BTC9i333: 6:58am On Oct 21, 2023

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by triple996(m): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2023
a country that produces oil bt doesn't have a single functioning refinery. God will liberate this country

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Lalabz: 6:58am On Oct 21, 2023
On God
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Cutecharlz(m): 6:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Very soon we will hear that 3 billiona naira was used to fix the minor burnt side of the refinery ....

I tire for this country ..

11 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by sotall(m): 6:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Fire outbreak on something that is unproductive or is not working upto 20% capacity.

Next thing you hear is they fixed damages due to the fire with 10 billion naira

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Curious345: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2023
😂😂😂 saboteurs .

Only a military regime can reset Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by ReubenE(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
There you have it.

With this, they've already announced now why the refinery is not going to work as at when they said it is going to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by dtrend(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
[quote author=ijustdey post=126527318]

We no wan hear story ooo

That refinery should be up and running by December as expected by the 0001...
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by SeeWahala: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2023
I smell sabotage cool

The only refinery that will be allowed to open and operate will belong to the North

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by MrHyde: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2023
Excuses are being generated to prevent the commissioning in December. If you voted for this party without values, I hope you have enough resources to cater for you and yours. Winter is coming!

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by okuwehcris: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2023
There's no record that the refinery is producing, with all the turn around maintenance, NNPCL recorded zero production. What made the cooling system cut fire when it's not producing? Some questions needs to be answered

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Adeoye11(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Aradugbo won tun ti de oo.
Nigzun , wu wa ika.
I love Nig aswear just be at the top ehn you don make m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Khyrvxjzy: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Who else remembers the statement

Na statistics we go chop?

Now them dey quote statistics up and down.

I said it always during the election.

Tinubu never succeeded as a governor.

Anybody can actually do well.

Lagos is rich but Nigeria is broke
You can loot 1 billion in lagos and replace it in two days via the taxes.
If you loot Nigeria you can not replace it

Now he came to Nigeria started saying na statistics we go chop.

Man thinks na kingdom he wan rule.

Now all the people dey understand the statistics as food no dey to chop.

so that lagos that have money fall from heaven abi, is it not some people that built it

yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 21, 2023
Small joke,this people already took it serious
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Khyrvxjzy: 7:12am On Oct 21, 2023
MrHyde:
Excuses are being generated to prevent the commissioning in December. If you voted for this party without values, I hope you have enough resources to cater for you and yours. Winter is coming!
maybe after 2031 i go begin support LP
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Macdeey: 7:12am On Oct 21, 2023
Meaning the Refinery no go see the Light 🚨 of the day 😁😁😁

Oil and gas cartel don hammer grin

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by pyyxxaro: 7:12am On Oct 21, 2023
Jokers
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by reiddecuti: 7:16am On Oct 21, 2023
A dead country dull of corrupt mind and dead conscience.
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by GanagiBitrus: 7:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Our Refineries are Financial Sinkholes.
Billions are spent monthly on salaries & overhead costs with zero output.

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2023
That refinery can burn to the ground for all I care.
It’s useless

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Kukutente23: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2023
okuwehcris:
There's no record that the refinery is producing, with all the turn around maintenance, NNPCL recorded zero production. What made the cooling system cut fire when it's not producing? Some questions needs to be answered
Read. Welding works on the cooling tower caused the fire
Re: NNPCL Reports Minor Fire Outbreak At Warri Refinery by Kukutente23: 7:25am On Oct 21, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

so that lagos that have money fall from heaven abi, is it not some people that built it

yen yen yen
Who built it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four Decades Since Ojukwu's 'death' / 2015 Jonathan Has Edge Over The North – Sulaimon / Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.