Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 (4813 Views)

NNPCL To Construct Another International Gas Pipeline To Europe / NNPCL To Cut Fuel Import From August / Casual Workers Ground Activities At Warri Refinery (2) (3) (4)

NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Paraman: 5:19pm On Feb 02
The mechanical completion of the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company is scheduled for completion in the first quarter of this year, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited has said.

WRPC, located in Warri, Delta State and established in 1978, is one of Nigeria’s three refineries under the management of NNPCL.

The other two include the Port Harcourt Refining Company in Rivers State, and the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company in Kaduna State. Rehabilitation work is also ongoing at both facilities.

The Warri refinery is a complex conversion refinery with a capacity to refine 125,000 barrels of crude oil per day. The facility includes a petrochemical plant (established in 1988) producing polypropylene and carbon black.

It supplies petroleum products to southern and south-western Nigeria, but is not producing refined products currently due to the rehabilitation of the facility by the Federal Government.

However, in a brief response to an enquiry by our correspondent with regards to when the plant would be mechanical completed, the Chief Corporate Communications Officer , NNPCL, Olufemi Soneye, state that target was to have it sorted in the first quarter of this year.

“Warri should be done by Q1 (first quarter) 2024,” he stated.

Recall that the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Heineken Lokpobiri, had stated on Wednesday that the Warri refinery was still being worked on.

He disclosed this while responding to a question about the Port Harcourt refinery, whose mechanical completion was widely celebrated on December 21, 2023 by the Federal Government.

Lokpobiri had explained that the rehabilitation exercise at the plants were massive, but expressed optimism that the facilities would come on stream soon.

“These were projects that are very fundamental to our survival economically, and I believe that very soon products will start coming from there. But there are several components in these gigantic structures that will take time mechanically to finalise for products to start coming.

“Recall that the Dangote refinery was commissioned by the Buhari administration but they haven’t started releasing products because it takes time. So I believe that the Port Harcourt refinery will soon come and the Warri refinery is in top gear,” the minister had stated.

Soneye had also told our correspondent earlier that the Port Harcourt refinery was undergoing finishing touches, as the government was working hard to get the plant running.

“We’ve successfully completed the mechanical phase of the PH (Port Harcourt) refinery Area-5 plant, installing all vital components. Licensor inspection has been done, and catalysts delivered.

“Now, industry-based testing remains, focusing on leaks, air, line blowing, flushing, drying, steam out, calibration, plant inerting, and then hydrocarbon introduction.

“While we share the optimism, adherence to global best practices is crucial. Testing will conclude shortly, ensuring the refinery’s efficient operation. Production should commence shortly,” the NNPCL spokesperson had stated.

Recall that on December 21, 2023, the Federal Government announced the mechanical completion of rehabilitation work on Area-5 Plant of the Port Harcourt Refining Company in Rivers State.

It also stated that the first phase of the plant had been completed, adding that the facility would start refining 60,000 barrels of crude oil after the Christmas break. However, this has yet to happen.

https://punchng.com/nnpcl-to-complete-warri-refinery-q1/?amp

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Faiththatworks(m): 5:20pm On Feb 02
I wonder when the Minister of State for Oil would begin to tell himself some hard truths,the Refinery if it works at all will end up being a liability than an asset.
As optimistic as I'm towards anything happening in Nigeria, there are two things I know will never ever work if it's still managed by the government.
Ajaokuta steel and the Refinery scrap metal are 2 bogus investment that will continue to be white elephant projects used in Squandering our very very scarce resources.
I always use the story of LAWMA back in the days when Asiwaju took over governance in Lagos state.
No matter the magic he tried to perform with waste disposal In Lagos,it just didn't work until he enlisted what's now PSP operators.
Although the LAWMA example looks too simplistic,but I daresay Ajaokuta and The Refineries have deferred all the solutions employed since 1999,I wonder why anything will change with the same personnel who have been in charge since 1999.
Asiwaju should urgently sell off a large % of Nigeria's ownership of the Refinery while totally selling off the Ajaokuta steel scrap.
God bless Nigeria......

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Gucciblog: 5:27pm On Feb 02
Paraman stop posting lies to console yourself on the failures of your god.

PH own howfa?

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Paraman: 5:35pm On Feb 02
Gucciblog:

PH own howfa?
industry-based testing is going on, focusing on leaks, air, line blowing, flushing, drying, steam out, calibration, plant inerting, and then after all this testing has been concluded, hydrocarbon will be introduce

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by richiemcgold: 6:07pm On Feb 02
...we will make sure that...

...we promise you that...

...we assure you that we will...

... Nigerians should be rest assured that...

...we are definitely going to...

...we shall will shall shall... grin grin grin

Haba! Since 1960! Na so so promises, promises and promises we dey hear everyday.
Abeg give us the reality na!
We're tired of all these lambas.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Gucciblog: 11:06pm On Feb 02
Paraman:
industry-based testing is going on, focusing on leaks, air, line blowing, flushing, drying, steam out, calibration, plant inerting, and then after all this testing has been concluded, hydrocarbon will be introduce

Na so.

So why say you're ready, when you need to carry out series of checks, tests?

Is that how you're wired?

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by kenny714433(m): 11:50pm On Feb 02
December should do and come so that Ph refinery will be commissioned 🤡

DareCathyline32:

Oh, are you also one of those they succeeded in deceiving. Otilo

Don't worry, we have completed mechanical upgrade. Before December 2050 we will complete electrical, civil, computer, and electronic upgrades. Then we will start refining. If you don't believe me, you are children of hate, you are IPOB, you are from SE.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 12:11am On Feb 03
Another Lamba from Lie lie APC Thieftinubu government grin grin grin grin grin we will, we will every time .
APC Shame shame shame, Shameeeeeee grin grin grin grin grin

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:37am On Feb 03
Promise promises and more promises

We’re still counting on you, we wait.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by zed7: 6:38am On Feb 03
Figment of their imagination. No refinery is working this year. We're still waiting for the AGO and aviation fuel from Dangote, we go wait tire.

Nobody is going to save us except ourselves. We are not ready for good governance yet as a nation. Nigerians are like a woman who prefers a man that beats her to a loving and caring man.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by BluntCrazeMan: 6:38am On Feb 03
We are watching them naa.

They think say na Audio-Government as usual.?

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Brendaniel: 6:39am On Feb 03
These guys are just cashing out with all these refinery projects, refinery gulping billions without refining a single oil....

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Bobloco: 6:40am On Feb 03
richiemcgold:
...we will make sure that...

...we promise you that...

...we assure you that we will...

... Nigerians should be rest assured that...

...we are definitely going to...

...we shall will shall shall... grin grin grin

Haba! Na so so promises, promises and promises we dey hear everyday.
Abeg give us the reality na!
We're tired of all these lambas.

My brother, na so so promise, promise we dey hear

And the current government go still add the promises as one of its achievements

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by superCleanworks(m): 6:40am On Feb 03
Q1 is less than 70 days to go. Let's see what other Lamba they will tell us again by then.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Shikena(m): 6:41am On Feb 03
Getting there, keep moving. The results ushering in new seasons of joy and happiness will surely come. Restoration in progress.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by superCleanworks(m): 6:41am On Feb 03
kenny714433:
You forgot to add the year. I hope it is not December 2045.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by CrownOfClay724: 6:42am On Feb 03
Propaganda na APC economic policy grin

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by DareCathyline32: 6:48am On Feb 03
kenny714433:

Oh, are you also one of those they succeeded in deceiving. Otilo

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Lumarstone: 6:52am On Feb 03
Stop posting this rubbish here, Nigerians aren't interested. This is a Government that built it's foundation on lies. The same story will be told in 2025, 2026, 2027...

The system is rotten generally. Corruption is on rampage. Our today leaders is very very corrupt.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Zeebuy: 6:55am On Feb 03
APC giving us back to back lamba

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by seguno2: 6:56am On Feb 03
Paraman:

This is such a great news for reducing the suffering of the masses from high fuel prices.

Since Port Harcourt and Dangote refineries have been working for some months now, it’s just a matter of time before petrol price drops to N87 that it was before Nigerians invited APC change to take over.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by APCNig: 7:05am On Feb 03
We want to see results, not talks
Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by adecz: 7:05am On Feb 03
Everything about APC projects is
always "to, to, to".

They have never completed anything.❗️❗️😐😐

👉To handover 2nd Niger bridge,
👉To implement new minimum wage.
👉To commission Nigeria Air
👉Refinery to start working
👉Dangote refinery to
Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by ITbomb(m): 7:05am On Feb 03
First quarter - big English
Next month - better English

When someone uses big English to explain something, know that he is lying
Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Inosky(m): 7:09am On Feb 03
APC and fake promises are like 5&6. Their Lies are in-born. If you think I'm lying go find out what Buhari promised in 2015. He didn't fulfil even up to 1%. Believe these liars and looters at your own peril.
Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Oghene86: 7:25am On Feb 03
Faiththatworks:
I wonder when the Minister of State for Oil would begin to tell himself some hard truths,the Refinery if it works at all will end up being a liability than an asset.
As optimistic as I'm towards anything happening in Nigeria, there are two things I know will never ever work if it's still managed by the government.
Ajaokuta steel and the Refinery scrap metal are 2 bogus investment that will continue to be white elephant projects used in Squandering our very very scarce resources.
I always use the story of LAWMA back in the days when Asiwaju took over governance in Lagos state.
No matter the magic he tried to perform with waste disposal In Lagos,it just didn't work until he enlisted what's now PSP operators.
Although the LAWMA example looks too simplistic,but I daresay Ajaokuta and The Refineries have deferred all the solutions employed since 1999,I wonder why anything will change with the same personnel who have been in charge since 1999.
Asiwaju should urgently sell off a large % of Nigeria's ownership of the Refinery while totally selling off the Ajaokuta steel scrap.
God bless Nigeria......

How can you say the refineries are bogus project, can you recall how long these refineries served us without you knowing what was fues scarcity and subsidy.

We just need a private company to run and manage the refineries which was the condition given by the lenders that NNPCL would not manage the refineries, if that could be done I believe it will serve us well.

Government just need to focus on one thing and get it done.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by commoditiesnig: 7:29am On Feb 03
Paraman:

Good to see FG's earnest commitment to complete work on all Refineries so they can start operation this year.

It will be a great feat having all refineries including Dangote working this year.

Re: NNPCL To Complete Warri Refinery Q1 2024 by Kennyfancy(m): 7:40am On Feb 03
Is it this warri that I base and the Refinery that I visited on Thursday, May GOD punish you and who ever voted for these evil liars, So nah so unah they lie anyhow, unah come even carry the lies come my backyards, wait oh, hope you people are not telling the president that 1 $ is 1Naira because the way Tinubu Is acting, its like they feed him with different information oh

Yar'adua's Nephew Accepts Ministerial Nomination / If A Nigerian Sets Himself On Fire In Front Of The National Assembly: / Oil-Wells Crisis About 2015 Election - Amaechi