Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution (37131 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Olaiya Foods & Bukka Hut In Lekki Phase 1 Over Noise Pollution / Lockdown: When You Open The Market & Close The Mosque/church By Shehu Sani / Lagos Shuts Christ Embassy, Mosques, Hotels, Other Churches Over Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GreenCovering: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2023
What of mobile preachers violating same rules who don't have structures that can be sealed?

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Stronghold91: 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
wicked government
there aim is to punish Christians
almighty God will deal with the leaders of this government if they didn't change immediately
a mortal man can't fight God
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
I am 1000% in support of this.

I visited my sister last week in Kagos and there was this Muslim group having a very noisy program outside.
Imagine there was no light, It was hot and sweaty and on top of that, these individuals continued to bombard the neighborhood loud decibels of nouse polution.
I had headaches the whole time and honestly pity individuals who have to live through such noise polution.

Seal all the churches, mosques and party events who pollute the environments with unwarranted noise.
We are not bunches of animals.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Bfly: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
Club is the modern shrine.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by mamaafrik(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources
Tokunboh Wahab.

The mosques and churches who block road must be locked up.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
GreenCovering:
What of mobile preachers violating same rules who don't have structures that can be sealed?

They should be arrested and given jobs to do in prison since they are jobless.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by optionalY09: 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
when election time comes close the grahra will be over with… useless leaders
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
Stronghold91:
wicked government
there aim is to punish Christians
almighty God will deal with the leaders of this government if they didn't change immediately
a mortal man can't fight God

God has no business with the foolishness of Christianity in Nigeria.
Look at the country and tell me if there is any inkling of God's presence in this country.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by APCNig: 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
The threat of "you want to fight God" does not work again. My people don dey wise.

I be Muslim, everybody get phone, if you want to pray at 5:00AM, set your alarm. No need of a Mosque waking up everybody within 1 Kilometre radius.

As for Churches wey dey use Night Vigils to disturb the neighbourhood, God is looking at your stupidity and heartlessness towards others who are not concerned about your Night Vigils

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
Imoh787898:
As for the church I disagree with the seal what if the presence of God is there na we they bring punishment for our self even if am paid a million naira to seal a church no matter the type of church I reject anyway wetin concern Agboro and house of God

The Christian is the church in the new testament and not any noise making building. Respect others and do not disturb them with your noise.
Is it too much to ask a so-called Christian to be law-abiding?

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It's on the website of the regulator. The last time I checked, it was 42decibel or so but check to confirm.

There's a free app I use to measure it whenever we need to discharge messages out during evangelism.

As a personal value system, I really genuinely feel it's abhorrent to use your own sound to the discomfort of others. Both Bible and Quran preach to its faithfuls to live at peace with our neighbours and respect the authorities. As a Lagosian,I particularly carry the burden to comply with this law so others just coming to Lagos will know that we are law abiding in Lagos.

Let's support Lagos state Government to curb noise pollution please. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Can u tell me the app
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
bonnyhope:

Safety standards is 70- 80db max
It may not just be enough to state dB levels alone. Distance also matters.
The noise from a Church with 60dB sited inside a residential area may be more offensive than another Church with 70db, sited some distance away.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Papayaayasager(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
LASG no get work

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Topbale(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
Good, since it's noise pollution let seal roads and markets.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by WINDSOW(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
richiemcgold:
It is high time we stop giving unnecessary priorities to all these places of worship. Churches and mosques don't pay tax, yet they won't stop disturbing the peace of real taxpayers living in their communities.

The common practice of mounting roadblocks every Friday for Jumat services should be stopped too

...and all those early morning preachers moving about the neighborhoods with their megaphones should be arrested.
What tax are you paying?
Caesar, the tax merchant.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
Why should it be stopped?,haters always waiting for opportunity to express their hatred.SMH
richiemcgold:
It is high time we stop giving unnecessary priorities to all these places of worship. Churches and mosques don't pay tax, yet they won't stop disturbing the peace of real taxpayers living in their communities.

The common practice of mounting roadblocks every Friday for Jumat services should be stopped too

...and all those early morning preachers moving about the neighborhoods with their megaphones should be arrested.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
Religious bigot speaking...
Skyview01:

I visited my sister last week in Kagos and there was this Muslim group having a very noisy program outside.
Imagine there was no light, It was hot and sweaty and on top of that, these individuals continued to bombard the neighborhood loud decibels of nouse polution.
I had headaches the whole time and honestly pity individuals who have to live through such noise polution.

Seal all the churches, mosques and party events who pollute the environments with unwarranted noise.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Kingson28: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
richiemcgold:

Churches don’t pay tax but their individual members do.
So, what’s the stress about?
Don’t people make more noise during social functions or parties and carnivals?
Some guys even make terrible noise with their sound systems.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources
Tokunboh Wahab.
The one thing I love about Lagos. No nonsense state for religious pollutants and head-slamming Gazans.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by WINDSOW(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
APCNig:
The threat of "you want to fight God" does not work again. My people don dey wise.

I be Muslim, everybody get phone, if you want to pray at 5:00AM, set your alarm. No need of a Mosque waking up everybody within 1 Kilometre radius.

As for Churches wey dey use Night Vigils to disturb the neighbourhood, God is looking at your stupidity and heartlessness towards others who are not concerned about your Night Vigils

Double stand in your dirty talk laced with hypocrisy.
The rotten sound of "allahu Akbar" blasting from your rusted horn speaker 🔊 in the near-dawn of 5am daily is also stupid, wicked and nonsensical.

Have you watched how your people blocked a section of a State road and the taking of law into your bloody hands when a motorcyclist tried to complain of the discomfort your deceitful and shambolic headslaming nuisance was causing?

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by FreeStuffsNG: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
cokeryusuf09:

Can u tell me the app
Sound Meter by Splend Apps
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It's all stated in the law. The law is in public domain. I am aware it exists and comply with it. Even before its take off, there were enlightenment programs on it on Radio Lagos 107.5 Fm and LTV Dstv 256 .

Some people just want to break the law and get away with it. They must go read it and comply. It was even stricter during BRF's tenure than now sef so there is no excuse.

Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law o
LTV still dey exist?
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by AfonjaConehead: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
Angelfrost Alshaabaab shut up:
Every church and religious center should abide by environmental laws.

You have no right to steal my peace and serenity in the name of worshipping or praying... It's unacceptable.

Some of you Christians are even funny and obtuse... Didn't Christ himself speak against such noisy acts of loud prayers and worship?! Didn't he commend you all to do it privately?!!

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by damiloladuke: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
omo
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Menclothing: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
God is not deaf why make noise

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by AfonjaConehead: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG dem say you nor be from Lagos and that thou art a barawo grin:

It's on the website of the regulator. The last time I checked, it was 42decibel or so but check to confirm.

There's a free app, Sound Meter, I use to measure it whenever we need to discharge messages out during evangelism.

As a personal value system, I really genuinely feel it's abhorrent to use your own sound to the discomfort of others. Both Bible and Quran preach to its faithfuls to live at peace with our neighbours and respect the authorities. As a Lagosian,I particularly carry the burden to comply with this law so others just coming to Lagos will know that we are law abiding in Lagos.

Let's support Lagos state Government to curb noise pollution please. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2023
Skyview01:

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Mccullum: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Let's see how it'll be effective and sustain.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by usagee36: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Welcome development. Come to me in silence and I will reward you in silence. Religion is a big scam invented by man to destroy the world.

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Enemyofpeace: 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
MURIC must hear this

Nigerian Port Authority Names Its 4 New Tug Boats Daura, Ubima, Uromi And Majiya / Mohammed Gudaji Kazaure Pocketing His Ipad At Saudi Airport / President-elect Tinubu Visits Lagos, Promises Not To Disappoint Nigerians