Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution (37136 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Olaiya Foods & Bukka Hut In Lekki Phase 1 Over Noise Pollution / Lockdown: When You Open The Market & Close The Mosque/church By Shehu Sani / Lagos Shuts Christ Embassy, Mosques, Hotels, Other Churches Over Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Meagainstthem: 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
This is nice,I hope federal government can ban both Christianity and Islam. They're cancer to our society.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by uuzba(m): 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
How do they establish case of Noise Pollution?
What's the stipulated max dB level, etc
Ear damage is gradual and permanent.
If you can't tell what uncomfortable noise is NOW, you are already losing your hearing permanently.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by uuzba(m): 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2023
Revolution2022:
Another way to generate revenue for Lagos is to fine them before they are allowed to open for business.
Well, you're the one that came to Lagos.
When I lived in UK, I stayed in the Northern part. Everything was "cheaper" there.
The few times I went down to the south, to London, everything in London was "expensive".
Food, rent, transport...
Big popular cities always know how to get all their money from the citizens who keep on living there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2023
Mindlog:
More of such noise making centres should be sealed up.....God is not deaf.
“God is not deaf “…Well said.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by hansomb: 2:48am On Oct 22, 2023
Hmmmm, egugun be careful na express u dey go
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Moikiitos: 4:25am On Oct 22, 2023
What about the honking honking notice from motorists? How are they implementing that one? They shouldn't be giving anyhow permits to churches/mosques close to residential areas. They should also apply strict rules in the construction of such to include noise reduction materials...

ExAngel007:
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by kayusely70(m): 4:49am On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It's on the website of the regulator. The last time I checked, it was 42decibel or so but check to confirm.

There's a free app, Sound Meter, I use to measure it whenever we need to discharge messages out during evangelism.

As a personal value system, I really genuinely feel it's abhorrent to use your own sound to the discomfort of others. Both Bible and Quran preach to its faithfuls to live at peace with our neighbours and respect the authorities. As a Lagosian,I particularly carry the burden to comply with this law so others just coming to Lagos will know that we are law abiding in Lagos.

Let's support Lagos state Government to curb noise pollution please. Check my signature for free stuffs!
You've spoken very well and intelligent as usual. I wouldve loved to meet you in person sir.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by 77up(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Imoh787898:
As for the church I disagree with the seal what if the presence of God is there na we they bring punishment for our self even if am paid a million naira to seal a church no matter the type of church I reject anyway wetin concern Agboro and house of God
...and seriously, na church dey make the highest noise, just come and see what we are going through in my area in a day like today.

6 churches in a tiny closed street 😢
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Tzar(m): 7:46am On Oct 22, 2023
Excellent! Their activities have not made Nigerians better people!
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Basher8583: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

If you were half as smart as you claim, you would know that they have a website where you can get this information from.

Ultracrepidarian jati jati
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
Basher8583:

If you were half as smart as you claim, you would know that they have a website where you can get this information from.

Ultracrepidarian jati jati

The Law is good. My concern is enforcing it without creating bad blood among Nigerians.

&talking about smartness, you are not smart when you respond rashly to one's comment in a faceless forum.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by writeprof(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Where these worship places caught in the act? From the pictures, it seems, they were sealed when people were not there.

The noise levels need to be controlled really.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by one4GOD(f): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
go and ask your grandfather
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
one4GOD:
go and ask your grandfather

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by pacbrown(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
They should come to my area at Akowonjo, there are lots of churches there that do worshipping everyday with instruments that juju musician doesn't have, even in the midnight, so annoying 😔
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2023
I don't known why I just hate Christian because of their noise and that yeye music they call worship. They re the one that make noise. Even if they ban religion in this country we Muslim can still do our prayer without disturbing neighbor.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by OyinO: 7:07am On Oct 23, 2023
Very very good development. I think Lagos State is the best state in this failed con3.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by OyinO: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2023
Kokoebapluse:
I don't known why I just hate Christian because of their noise and that yeye music they call worship. They re the one that make noise. Even if they ban religion in this country we Muslim can still do our prayer without disturbing neighbor.

Are you sure of what you're saying or you're just demonstrating your usual bigotry and Islamic fundamentalism. Go to motor parks in Kaduna and see extreme noise pollution in broad daylight. What of the early morning prayer call that wakes up the entire neighbourhood because some people want to pray? Should I remind you of the noise pollution and madness during azimi? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2023
OyinO:

Are you sure of what you're saying or you're just demonstrating your usual bigotry and Islamic fundamentalism. Go to motor parks in Kaduna and see extreme noise pollution in broad daylight. What of the early morning prayer call that wakes up the entire neighbourhood because some people want to pray? Should I remind you of the noise pollution and madness during azimi? Yeye dey smell.

Where in Kaduna motor park ? And can you compare 30 minute prayer with 3 hour noise Christian make ? Be truth to yourself Christian are disturbing neighborhood we need to ban Christianity here in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by orisa37: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2023
COOOOOORECT.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by OyinO: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kokoebapluse:

Where in Kaduna motor park ? And can you compare 30 minute prayer with 3 hour noise Christian make ? Be truth to yourself Christian are disturbing neighborhood we need to ban Christianity here in Nigeria

You're right about Christian disturbance being more than that of Muslim disturbances but disturbance is disturbance whether 2mins or 2 hours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Most Romantic Nigerian Politicians ; With The Pictures Of Their Romantic Hand / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.