Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,225 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution (37114 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Olaiya Foods & Bukka Hut In Lekki Phase 1 Over Noise Pollution / Lockdown: When You Open The Market & Close The Mosque/church By Shehu Sani / Lagos Shuts Christ Embassy, Mosques, Hotels, Other Churches Over Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by InvertedHammer: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2023
/
Sealing them is not enough.

They should move in the bulldozers.

Enough of the mockery termed religious worship.

God is not deaf.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by oluwasegun007(m): 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2023
Please is there a mobile number we can call...its important. He get one church for my street the noise is enormous.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Bmaster(m): 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It's on the website of the regulator. The last time I checked, it was 42decibel or so but check to confirm.

There's a free app, Sound Meter, I use to measure it whenever we need to discharge messages out during evangelism.

As a personal value system, I really genuinely feel it's abhorrent to use your own sound to the discomfort of others. Both Bible and Quran preach to its faithfuls to live at peace with our neighbours and respect the authorities. As a Lagosian,I particularly carry the burden to comply with this law so others just coming to Lagos will know that we are law abiding in Lagos.

Let's support Lagos state Government to curb noise pollution please. Check my signature for free stuffs!
you are only smart when it comes to words,you indeed mastered the act of putting pieces of words together to bring out a sweet sentences appeasing to the readers ear,but you are not actually wise.
How do you think the christians of the old were persecuted?
Today it's noise pollution, tomorrow it may censoring of some biblical chapters and verses.
Noise pollution abi ?then shut down markets and motor parks,not just only worship centers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
About time ........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by JoeEeL(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
Very good. Very very good.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by georgeakins: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
Chai, does that mean the pastors in those churches will not generate income tomorrow?

Because, we all know those centres are set up for business purposes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by phorget(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
Close them down and those ones blocking the roads all in the name of praying.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by geokay777(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
ExAngel007:
More
I just hope this action would be sustained by LASEPA this time around, they did more than this during Fashola regime, and here we are again.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by JoeEeL(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
omniwater:
Way to go!

God is not deaf that we had to use microphone to communicate with him.

Its not because of any god. Its too be loud enough to attract clients / customers / converts.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Oktane: 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2023
omniwater:
Way to go!

God is not deaf that we had to use microphone to communicate with him.

Very concise.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by dacillin: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
As I read some comments here, I laughed 😂🤣🤣.
Those that head the Noise pollution unit are Deacon, Pastors and pastors' wives, Alfas, Alhaja and ardent religious. So, those saying stigmatization of religion cannot be more religious than those mentioned.

The laws were sign some years ago, as a treaty which Nigeria is a party to it. Lagos state is just enforcing it.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by drololaaof: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources
Tokunboh Wahab.
Sign of good things to come. I hope other state in the federation will follow suit
They the religious center's belief that by erecting their mega phones outside blaring sound is evangelism .
They don't take into consideration privacy of other people.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Blitzking: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
How many churches and mosques are in nigeria yet most are very terrible humans.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Pootle: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
How do they establish case of Noise Pollution?
What's the stipulated max dB level, etc

bro calm down na....na naija we dey, ones night vigil no let me sleep na noise pollution cool
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by creativehubb: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
Very good, any religious zombie blocking road to pray must be sent to jail.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by omniwater: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
JoeEeL:

Its not because of any god. Its too be loud enough to attract clients / customers / converts.

Another reason government must place outright ban on the use of loudspeakers in prayer houses.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by rotecch77(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Noise Pollution Control
Guidelines on Noise Pollution:

1. The standard approved noise level in residential areas shall not exceed 55 decibels during the day and 45 decibels at night.
2. The standard approved noise level in industrial areas shall not exceed 90 decibel during the day.
3. The standard approved noise level for commercial areas shall not exceed 70 decibel during the day.
4. All religious houses, Club Houses and other entertainment outlets are to operate within enclosed and soundproof environments with regulated use of speakers, giving due consideration to neighbouring residents.
5. The above facilities shall equally reduce the number of internally placed speakers to the barest minimum to address only the congregation and clientele and not the neighborhood..
6. All open air and outdoor activities shall be carried out with due authorization from relevant Government agencies while those involving the use of amplifiers and speakers shall hold after due authorization from LASEPA without contravening the stipulated approved noise limit for that environment.
7. The use of power generating sets in commercial, residential and industrial areas shall be in compliance with the stipulated noise levels without any negative impact on human health and the environment.
8. The use of megaphones/amplifiers at motor parks, commercial centers and more shall be duly controlled/regulated to ensure that the permissible noise limit for the environment is not exceeded.
9. Religious activities are to be carried out in a completely enclosed structure while uncompleted buildings and tents are not allowed.
10. Pending enclosure of facilities that are yet to be enclosed/soundproof, no musical instruments shall be used at night so as not to disturb the neighborhood especially during week day evening services and night vigils for religious houses, and events on entertainment/clubbing activities etc.
11. Obtain noise permit for open air shows, crusades and promotional advertisements etc
12. The use of power generating plants in residential, commercial and industrial outlets shall not affect others by way of noise pollution.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
Pootle:

bro calm down na....na naija we dey, ones night vigil no let me sleep na noise pollution cool
You are actually right. Even Generator noise in most neighbourhoods is Noise Pollution.
The Law is good. My concern is enforcing it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by lomprico(m): 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2023
I couldn't sleep last night because all the churches in my hood were having night vigil.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Splitmind: 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2023
The Lagos State government must unseal all Mosques and Muslim places of worship immediately in order not to rouse the anger of Muslims all throughout the Southwest. angry
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by geoworldedu: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
Mindlog:
More of such noise making centres should be sealed up.....God is not deaf.
I was even thinking God is dead, reason churches and mosques need to keep saying prayers to him from day one to last day of their existence.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Exceed15: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Be speaking turunshi there.. any sound that disturb the peace of place is noise pollution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Religious bigot speaking...

What is your definition of religious bigotry?

I am advocating respect and regards for one another and to stop noise polution, does that make me a religious bigot?

You definitely need an education!
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Exceed15: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
Mumuric mouth has been shut up. The action cut across the two religions
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by 90dbest: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lagos is the headquarter of noise and chaos.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
rotecch77:

Noise Pollution Control
Guidelines on Noise Pollution:

1. The standard approved noise level in residential areas shall not exceed 55 decibels during the day and 45 decibels at night.
2. The standard approved noise level in industrial areas shall not exceed 90 decibel during the day.
3. The standard approved noise level for commercial areas shall not exceed 70 decibel during the day.
4. All religious houses, Club Houses and other entertainment outlets are to operate within enclosed and soundproof environments with regulated use of speakers, giving due consideration to neighbouring residents.
5. The above facilities shall equally reduce the number of internally placed speakers to the barest minimum to address only the congregation and clientele and not the neighborhood..
6. All open air and outdoor activities shall be carried out with due authorization from relevant Government agencies while those involving the use of amplifiers and speakers shall hold after due authorization from LASEPA without contravening the stipulated approved noise limit for that environment.
7. The use of power generating sets in commercial, residential and industrial areas shall be in compliance with the stipulated noise levels without any negative impact on human health and the environment.
8. The use of megaphones/amplifiers at motor parks, commercial centers and more shall be duly controlled/regulated to ensure that the permissible noise limit for the environment is not exceeded.
9. Religious activities are to be carried out in a completely enclosed structure while uncompleted buildings and tents are not allowed.
10. Pending enclosure of facilities that are yet to be enclosed/soundproof, no musical instruments shall be used at night so as not to disturb the neighborhood especially during week day evening services and night vigils for religious houses, and events on entertainment/clubbing activities etc.
11. Obtain noise permit for open air shows, crusades and promotional advertisements etc
12. The use of power generating plants in residential, commercial and industrial outlets shall not affect others by way of noise pollution.

Thanks.
Hopefully, the concerned parties clearly understand these guidelines, especially the dB levels.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
Bmaster:
you are only smart when it comes to words,you indeed mastered the act of putting pieces of words together to bring out a sweet sentences appeasing to the readers ear,but you are not actually wise.
How do you think the christians of the old were persecuted?
Today it's noise pollution, tomorrow it may censoring of some biblical chapters and verses.
Noise pollution abi ?then shut down markets and motor parks,not just only worship centers

Keep quiet my friend. I am an ardent student of church history and the early Christians did not constitute a nuisance like Nigeria brand of Christian.
Most Christians in Nigeria have nothing to do with God to start with.
Stop noise polution or be prosecuted.

OBEY THE LAW!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by NAC1666: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
ExAngel007:

Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources
Tokunboh Wahab.
Where is the mosque?
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Donake: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
Its same for other cities of the world. Only in africa is noise allowed.
aQUINandmore:
Wahala and Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by JoeEeL(m): 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
omniwater:

Another reason government must place outright ban on the use of loudspeakers in prayer houses.

Correct. Next step. Followed by those who deliberately block the streets or roads in the guise of praying to their god which in truth is to intimidate people and send a subtle signal of dominance.

The games are over.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by GanagiBitrus: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
Exceed15:

Be speaking turunshi there.. any sound that disturb the peace of place is noise pollution
You don't understand.
What you consider as Noise Pollution, may not be NP for some others. So in enforcing the Law, they must clearly state the allowed Noise Levels & some other criteria for NP.
Re: Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution by Inosky(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
God1000:
I'm fully in support of this, our worship centers, churches and mosques should be regulated by the government

In my area, you can hardly sleep because of the unpleasant noise coming from the loudspeakers attached to mosques

Same thing for my area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook User Blasts Nigerian Politicians After Trump Meets 20% Of Promises / Proposed Endsars Protest: Lagos Police Withdraw Men From Individuals. / I Was Never A Cameraman, Jandor Replies Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.