Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday (671 Views)

Obi Celebrates Oba Of Benin On His 70th Birthday And 7th Coronation Anniversary / The Look On Obiano's Face As Buhari Hails Ganduje & Shades Kwankwaso In Paris / FLASHBACK: Buhari Hails Tambuwal For Dumping PDP - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Esther125: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
Former President Muhammadu Buhari has felicitated with the Oba of Benin, His Highness Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Ewuare II, on his 70th birthday.

Buhari in a statement issued on Saturday by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu, described the Oba as “a king among kings”.

The former President said Oba Ewuare II “continues as a source of inspiration to the country for his remarkable tenacity in the preservation of the cherished cultural values and traditions of the Benin Kingdom”.

“He is the ultimate Oba,” the former President noted, urging the media and the recorders of modern history to focus on Oba Ewuare II as a champion of good conduct and guardian of the cherished values and traditions of his people.

“Long Live the Oba, Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria,” Buhari added.

https://.ng/2023/10/21/he-is-king-among-kings-buhari-hails-oba-of-benin-on-70th-birthday/

3 Likes

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Entprys(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
We have
Ooni of Ife.
Olubadan of Ibadan.
Alaafin of Oyo.

But the only Oba, is Oba of Benin.

Our Baale told me this.
He said it is a truth yoruba elders know but won't tell themselves

2 Likes

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Danegun777: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
Buhari is like his Boss... Back in NNPC Buhari was Petroleum Minister, the king's father worked in NNPC and Obasanjo was the President
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by aQUINandmore: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
Oba gha tokepre, isseeeeeeee.

2 Likes

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Lifesoul(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2023
More life, King.
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by carterguccy(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
Entprys:
We have
Ooni of Ife.
Olubadan of Ibadan.
Alaafin of Oyo.

Our Baale told me this.

If unah never involved Yorubas in all your dick measurements, e be like say unah never succeed for life!

Anything Yoruba this

Yoruba that!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Entprys(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
carterguccy:

If unah never involved Yorubas in all your dick measurements, e be like say unah never succeed for life!

Anything Yoruba this

Yoruba that!
Ok shey mo kparo ni ?
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by akingangan: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
Yoruba king of Benin Kingdom
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Varunpulyani: 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2023
Failed skeleton,remain in daura.

Foolish terrorist, normal people no dey reason you again .

I prefer Bola Ahmed a million times .

Jihad bastard
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Gajagojo: 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2023
Danegun777:
Buhari is like his Boss... Back in NNPC Buhari was Petroleum Minister, the king's father worked in NNPC and Obasanjo was the President

How does that make Buhari like his boss?
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by benuejosh: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
Live long Oba.

I am yet to understand the role of the traditional rulers in the modern-day dispensation. Because the government still control them. The government can decide to pay them or not, the government appoints most of them and remove them at will, they follow the rules of the government.

Do people still regard them when they issue directives? Do people still have reverence for them? I remember the end sars period when the Igbos attacked the Oba in Lagos and took his staff.

What really are the true roles of the traditional rulers in modern-day democracy?
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Danegun777: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

How does that make Buhari like his boss?

Your father's boss is what?
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Gajagojo: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
Danegun777:

Your father's boss is what?

You are obviously a razz lowlife mannerless child with no class and no home training
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Danegun777: 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are obviously a razz lowlife mannerless child with no class and no home training

Rule 2 mynd44 mukina2 Seun

Well I wont join you in such worthless rant when I can use the report button like someone with decorum

After all in real life 10 of you won't dare talk to me in such manners, but for internet anonymousity given cowards mouth

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by dominique(f): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lifesoul:
More life, King.

Anthony M Okeke how many accounts do you open in a day?

1 Like

Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Morenikeji090(m): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2023
Fool like you...
Entprys:
We have
Ooni of Ife.
Olubadan of Ibadan.
Alaafin of Oyo.

Our Baale told me this.
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by BafanaBafana: 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2023
Tinubu can become Oba of Benin if he wants. Just thinking
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by ronalmagic10(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
benuejosh:
Live long Oba.

I am yet to understand the role of the traditional rulers in the modern-day dispensation. Because the government still control them. The government can decide to pay them or not, the government appoints most of them and remove them at will, they follow the rules of the government.

Do people still regard them when they issue directives? Do people still have reverence for them? I remember the end sars period when the Igbos attacked the Oba in Lagos and took his staff.

What really are the true roles of the traditional rulers in modern-day democracy?

Their role is to marry plenty wives and enjoy their lives

Make all of them go sit down
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by bjdon: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2023
benuejosh:
Live long Oba.

Indeed that is the law of the land, but its definitely not practised in certain domains like Ife and Benin
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by EXOUSIAng: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Entprys:
We have
Ooni of Ife.
Olubadan of Ibadan.
Alaafin of Oyo.

Our Baale told me this.
Take Olubadan out of the list he is not a king.
Ever seen a crown on his head? I mean a real crown not big designed cap
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by OneCandleAway(f): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
benuejosh:
Live long Oba.

You've started lying again. It was yoruba that attacked the Palace not igbos.
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
Entprys:
We have
Ooni of Ife.
Olubadan of Ibadan.
Alaafin of Oyo.

Our Baale told me this.
ask the Oba of Benin they can't do anything without taking permission from Ooni of Ife
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
carterguccy:

Anything Yoruba this

Yoruba that!
it is not his fault he has been suffering from one problem to another in which only Yoruba can solve
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by Entprys(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Take Olubadan out of the list he is not a king.
Ever seen a crown on his head? I mean a real crown not big designed cap

Ko ye mi mon o.

Abeg educate me. I am serious bro
Re: ‘He Is King Among Kings’ – Buhari Hails Oba Of Benin On 70th Birthday by debetmx(m): 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
Coming from an idiot among idiots.

(1) (Reply)

I Still Support Tinubu, Even With Is Unfavorable Policies / Like Fubara, Like Jonathan / Kunle Ologundudu Lambast TINUBU Over The Serious Hunger In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.