Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! (2268 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / My Poultry Farming Experience! / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
So I decided to start my animal husbandry adventures. And would be updating the thread on what I faced..
So I decided to start with four. 2 weeks chicks. already slaughtered them for my mom's celebration grin while they were alive I didn't do anything like gomboro or lasota. It was pure organic. Pics and updates coming below.

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2023
pics coming below.
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:32am On Oct 22, 2023
These were the ones i bought.they were slaughterd last week i already booked 10 day olds next week tuesday so i'll give updates on dem after they arrive i also booked 6 fertile eggs to test my incubator and they will be arriving together with the chicks.. So grab your seatbelt and enjoy.... greatings to all..

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:37am On Oct 22, 2023
Coming up next is my bitter sweet incubator experience..but i need to know you r following
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Ade3131: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2023
Following but your pictures are not uploaded yet. It speaks more than words most times. Upload the pictures. E get why!
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2023
Ade3131:
Following but your pictures are not uploaded yet. It speaks more than words most times. Upload the pictures. E get why!
... Am having trouble loading pics but i'll try before the day runs out..

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Succezcard(m): 9:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Good morning Destiny. Be informed that we are following. Awaiting pics too. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
Succezcard:
Good morning Destiny. Be informed that we are following. Awaiting pics too. Thanks in advance.
... Yeah very interesting updates coming soon dont miss it..
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2023
These are the only ones I have cause I already slaughtered them but I'll take pictures of the new chicks back to back.......... I slaughtered 3 and kept the smallest hen for eggs

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
Last two week's I found 7 eggs close to my local hens, my mom asked me to take them to the kitchen 😂.. after breaking one I found an almost formed chick... So I returned the remaining 6. after 4 days, they hatched.. but because of cat wey no won gree me rest. I took the chicks from their mom and promised myself to brood them like Broiler's despite the mockry of my neighbors.. so I embarked on the adventure.. one chick died while trying to escape. So I was left with 5. Then I purchased a day old noiler to make them 6.. I was told to take them out of the cage so they won't infect the incoming Broiler's but I refused (speaking of an animal activist) grin. So I booked the Broiler's who arrive together with my fertilized eggs on Tuesday

2 Likes

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
The troublesome local chicks and my broiler hen

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
My local cross breed fowls

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
More comments for motivation
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by easytig(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
You should have left the local hen with her babies na,they are great mothers,they take good care of their chicks,na wa o,wish you the best though

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
easytig:
You should have left the local hen with her babies na,they are great mothers,they take good care of their chicks,na wa o,wish you the best though
....... If na so i for don get about 500 chicks na.. But hawks and cats no gree me rest
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
170 views, less than 4 comments... Not convincing at all... Just like am chatting with myself

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Redomi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2023
Where is the incubator?
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:59am On Oct 23, 2023
Redomi:
Where is the incubator?
... Incubator updates coming up... "stay tuned"

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:05am On Oct 23, 2023
In the first pix of the chicks, u'll notice a carton down.. Thats the incubator am building... So Pay attention...
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
Anybody following?

3 Likes

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by rainmoredays: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
Incubator for local chicks or I would say you building a brooding house for them.
All the best
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
rainmoredays:
Incubator for local chicks or I would say you building a brooding house for them.
All the best
..... Am contructing a carton incubator for hatching noilers and turkeys eggs . Also ment for experiments..
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
More updates tommorow.

2 Likes

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Redomi(m): 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2023
Destinygsd:
... Incubator updates coming up... "stay tuned"
I have some eggs wasting
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Redomi:
I have some eggs wasting
.... What breeds of eggs,where are you located? You could contruct an incubator if you have constant light, or you could make use of kerosene, if not, i would gladly buy the eggs for my experiments.
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2023
My 10 Broiler's are finally here... They were acting dizzy so I gave them glucose... Hoping for positive response... Dont know why their poo is watery
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2023
Dont know why pix isnt uploading
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Redomi(m): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
Destinygsd:
.... What breeds of eggs,where are you located? You could contruct an incubator if you have constant light, or you could make use of kerosene, if not, i would gladly buy the eggs for my experiments.
its frizzle feathered noiler eggs, I don't know how to construct one, I would have love to have one, thefecis light here but I will prefer the kerosene type cos light be go anytime. , I cannotvsell the eggs. I'm in Ondo state

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2023
Redomi:
its frizzle feathered noiler eggs, I don't know how to construct one, I would have love to have one, thefecis light here but I will prefer the kerosene type cos light be go anytime. , I cannotvsell the eggs. I'm in Ondo state
. You could construct the one of both light and kerosene.. but you need a thermometer and a thermostat
Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2023
I postponed my incubator building because of the unavailability of fertilized eggs.. I was told that the hens hasn't layed... But I could teach you how to make one you could also make use of some YouTube videos but get a thermostat and a thermometer first. Those are the most important thing in building an incubator.. you'd also dedicate your time to turn the eggs three times daily

1 Like

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2023
Immediately after my chicks arrived, I noticed some watery green poo and I immediately bought antibiotics and I'll administer from day 2 to 7

Re: My commercial Backyard poultry Farming Experience...! by Destinygsd: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2023
I noticed they are Different vaccine tables. It's left for you to use your head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farmland Available For Sale In Abuja (kwali) / Lucrative Business that could earn you millions / Pineapple Suckers, Slips And Crowns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.