Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 (7473 Views)

Poll: Which do you see yourself playing more regularly at the end of the year?

BattleField 3: 28% (6 votes)
Call of Duty MW3: 71% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 / Lagos in Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
The shooter version of the FIFA vs PES battle.
Personally, I started playing COD from the 4th iteration till the most recent Black Ops.

But watching the hype around EA's Battlefield, I've to admit Modern Warfare might soon be Ancient,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eedRhcpOsuU[/flash]
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by ritchboy(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
"Is it real?" lol
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
I predict that COD will outsell BF3. grin
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 25, 2011
lol, i think that depends on how good BF3 turns out to be, especially considering it's going to be released before MW3,
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 6:51am On Oct 25, 2011
BF3 is being released today so that should give it a head start on COD but I think there are just too many fans for COD. The reviews have started coming though and its pretty good.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by ritchboy(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2011
Bawss1:

I predict that COD will outsell BF3. grin

Not much of a prediction really, MW3 will definitely outsell BF3.

Which will be the better game is the real question. So far I've been more impressed with the BF trailers, not that they count for much! cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
Waiting for my order to land tomoro, let me play the poo outta the game
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
guys wait first, is dis a game or a movy??

okay i need download links for pc games of this format,

thanks,
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^ Not only download ke, uploaded ni, ole
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Konjour(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
Its out today,just got mine,'v not played it yet,will have in a couple of hours,but from what i've seen of Battlefield II(Bad Company),

and COD Black Ops.etc Battlefield III should be peerless for some time. cool
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
Konjour:

Its out today,just got mine,'v not played it yet,will have in a couple of hours,but from what i've seen of Battlefield II(Bad Company),

and COD Black Ops.etc Battlefield III should be peerless for some time. cool

Impressive.

Imanuelle:

guys wait first, is dis a game or a movy??

okay i need download links for pc games of this format,

thanks,
Oh boy na torrents waka o and most of the files are about 6Gb. If you get the network speed and all, send me a mail @ prnckash@gmail.com, Ill send the links to you
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by tripplex1: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
i have been a fan of modern warefare ever since, but i think battlefield would be a good match, but anyhow thumbs up to both games for keeping me happy and thrilled grin grin grin, ps, ever played them connected to your sound system??, thats one experience u would never forget
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by EvilBrain1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
The last good Call of Duty was COD4 Modern Warfare. Everything since then has been a repeat of the same old formula. They haven't even bothered to update the engine.

Meanwhile the Battlefield series has been growing in leaps and bounds. The frostbite engine in BF Bad Company 2 was already far better than COD's with it's fully destructible environments and they've improved on it even further for BF3.

Plus the BF multiplayer is far better. It forces you to actually think, plan and cooperate with your teammates unlike COD that's all about speed and reflexes.

BF3 all the way.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
wow, didn't know there were these many gaming enthusiasts on nairaland. I need to stop dropping in here more often.

EDIT:
start dropping in here more often cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by lynkyinka(m): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
GTA V[
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by bxg(m): 7:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
Prefer battlefield COD was so underwhelmin nutin special
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
tripple_x:

i have been a fan of modern warefare ever since, but i think battlefield would be a good match, but anyhow thumbs up to both games for keeping me happy and thrilled grin grin grin, ps, ever played them connected to your sound system??, thats one experience u would never forget

Wicked, I tell ya.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
BF might be the better game but COD has that special something that keeps you coming back for more. Eventually I intend to get the two games and have a blast.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by LordReed(m): 7:26am On Oct 26, 2011
I was so expecting this thread!

I play MW2 & Black Ops (4player split screen in both) but I can't consider myself a fan cos I find scripted gameplay to be too predictable. I guess BF has the same mechanic but with BF3 having driveable vehicles especially the Fighter Jets - I am so gonna get it!
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 26, 2011
Lol, COD's leading the poll.

Lord_Reed:

I was so expecting this thread!

I play MW2 & Black Ops (4player split screen in both) but I can't consider myself a fan cos I find scripted gameplay to be too predictable. I guess BF has the same mechanic but with BF3 having driveable vehicles especially the Fighter Jets - I am so gonna get it!

Totally agree. Those BF3 trailers are some of the most aggressive advertising I've witnessed for any product. 'ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL', laughed my ass off when I saw that the first time.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by xteria: 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
COD Black Ops for me is still the shit, especially d free-for-all match on psn. i hope MW3 will b as good if not better.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by jamifa(m): 5:33am On Oct 27, 2011
Having played all the games in COD series and the Battlefield series I still think MW is better. However, BF3 is definitely one game to lookout for this year, and I cant w8 to get my hands on it. I also reckon that unless MW3 comes with something out of this realm in gaming terms, this will be the year of BF3 going by the trailers but hey its the game play that counts, grtz
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
jamifa:

Having played all the games in COD series and the Battlefield series I still think MW is better. However, BF3 is definitely one game to lookout for this year, and I cant w8 to get my hands on it. I also reckon that unless MW3 comes with something out of this realm in gaming terms, this will be the year of BF3 going by the trailers but hey its the game play that counts, grtz
I don't think so, there are just too many people addicted to Activision's LovePeddler grin
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2011
Are we REALLY having this argument? Seriously? CoD vs BF?? I'm shocked. . . shocked shocked
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 7:07am On Oct 29, 2011
Off course we are. These are arguably the best best multiplatform shooters out there ATM. smiley
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2011
Y'all seen the video for the BF3 simulator?

[flash=340,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY[/flash]
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Konjour(m): 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
donspony:

Y'all seen the video for the BF3 simulator?

[flash=340,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY[/flash]

Yea,that's what i call taking first-person shooter gaming to a whole new f/u/c/k/i/n dimension! cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 11:18am On Oct 31, 2011
^That simulator is amazing. Just wondering how much it will cost me to set up such a rig at home. I wish cool
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2011
I haven't copped the game yet but what I've been seeing of Frostbite2 on BF3 is pretty impressive. Kinda makes the Unreal engine look dated.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2011
Wow. . . Fudge it! That simulator vid is shocked
I won't say anything till i've copped&played both on PC tongue. .CoD will ALWAYS be my first love. I really do hope BF3 gives me good goosebumps.

MoH 2010 vs Black OPs. . .anyone?
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
Bawss1:

^That simulator is amazing. Just wondering how much it will cost me to set up such a rig at home. I wish cool

If only wishes were Maybachs cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
v3:

Wow. . . Fudge it! That simulator vid is shocked
I won't say anything till i've copped&played both on PC tongue. .CoD will ALWAYS be my first love. I really do hope BF3 gives me good goosebumps.

MoH 2010 vs Black OPs. . .anyone?

MoH and was an OK game just like Black Ops but the reason I'd choose BO is because of its added attraction - Zombies. At the end of the day BO wasn't all that IMO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minecraft For Android / Just Bought A Xbox 360 Console / Gaming Pc Vs PS4 Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.