Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 (7467 Views)

Poll: Which do you see yourself playing more regularly at the end of the year?

BattleField 3: 28% (6 votes)
Call of Duty MW3: 71% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Playstation 3 Vs Playstation 4 / Lagos in Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2011
The BF fan boys are working overtime on metacritic. grin All this MW3 bashing is amazing yet Activision is set to break the bank with their latest release - 9 million pre-ordered copies already (that's over $540m worth) and an estimated 20 million copies to be sold by the end of the year.
ritchboy:

People must have had really high expectations. . . I'm not expecting anything innovative/new/groundbreaking, same old tried and trusted formula.
What were they really expecting anyways, the game is running on the same old Unreal engine as its predecessors. IW, Sledgehammer and Activision wouldn't want to push the envelope on their wining formula now, would they? Next year though they had better up the ante, the competition is becoming just as good. I did read from several reviews that this is the best installation of the franchise yet and personally I'm expecting all the satisfaction I had from MW2 and maybe a little bit more then its all good. smiley
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2011
Omooooooooooooo finally played a bit of MW3 during the hols shocked shocked
If you've not copped the game. . PLEASE do!!!

Fudging Hell shocked shocked, best way to enjoy this game is a console+sound system+cold bottle of beer/juice. .whatever works for you

@Bawss1
Z-House grin grin

@Next2Bees
You didn't post the crack for online gaming
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by codemaestr: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
BF3 is the better game, but people have sentimental attachments to COD, i love both tho, but its BF for me
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2011
One down. . .One to go cool cool

The repack has some .dll files that are missing, about 2 of them, went to a third party-site to download those and well, was told to update my Nvidia graphics card to the latest spec.

I REALLY don't know WTH is wrong with Steam these days, most games i download on there require Steam to play them and when i do download Steam, it refuses to run. TF?! shocked angry

@Bawss
You remember the laptop yeah? Made some modifications, the RAM capacity to 4gb, hard disk size 500gb, i wanted 1TB, but not enough cash. . .17inch screen. . trying buy an ext. cooling system for the CPU, if there's any out there.

Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
^You are not overtasking the system?
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2011
From what I've been reading and what a few of my friends have been saying it seems MW3 is wining this battle. Several complaints about BF3 - it appears to be still buggy for some. All this is not helping EA push more units.

What do you guys have to say?
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2011
Im currently playing BF3. Unfortunately, its cracked so I can only discuss about the SP(single player).

The storyline is not as smooth as the COD games I've played. The storyline's boring so far also. The controls are a bit okay, i would naturally be biased in favour of CODs controls since Im used to that.

But getting shot at on Bf3 is sexy. U try to hide behind a wall and it explodes as enemies rain bullets on it. The environment is really interactive.

DOWNLOADING mod war 3 right now.
On a side note, I just played Pes 2012, is Pes back? i turned fifa boy in 2010, but playing Pes today felt like a return to shevchenko's era smiley
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
After a few tries, i FINALLY uninstalled BF3. Way too many bugs.

1 - The first scene where you jump on the moving train. . .it kept skipping.

2 - Sound lags - If you shoot the enemy, it'll take about 3-4secs before you hear the sound. The background music kept skipping.

3 - Mouse sensitivity. . .even when i reduced it, i still had little or no control of the player as the mouse was all over the place.

Maybe it'll be better on a console.

I don't want to rate this game, it might just ruin it for anyone who wants to buy it.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
v3:

After a few tries, i FINALLY uninstalled BF3. Way too many bugs.

1 - The first scene where you jump on the moving train. . .it kept skipping.

2 - Sound lags - If you shoot the enemy, it'll take about 3-4secs before you hear the sound. The background music kept skipping.

3 - Mouse sensitivity. . .even when i reduced it, i still had little or no control of the player as the mouse was all over the place.

Maybe it'll be better on a console.

I don't want to rate this game, it might just ruin it for anyone who wants to buy it.

You'd do better rating your system than rating this game. Game worked smoothly on mine. The game requires resources seriously. That's why I prefer COD. I don't need high tech graphics and crap gameplay.

Still playing COD4 multiplayer and the graphics even at minimum settings looks tight
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
musKeeto:

You'd do better rating your system than rating this game. Game worked smoothly on mine. The game requires resources seriously. That's why I prefer COD. I don't need high tech graphics and crap gameplay.

Still playing COD4 multiplayer and the graphics even at minimum settings looks tight
I've NEVER had problems with CoD. . .NONE, I've even played Battlefield: Bad Company without problems on the same sytem. I wonder why this is happening. Again, it could be the repack i downloaded.

Still playing MW3 and loving every kill cool
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Next2Bezee(m): 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ahh v3 i just started myself. I'm chilling for a multiplayer crack to be released and i could fail any exam u set for me! grin
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by BlackBaron: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
Homefront is better tongue
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
Next2Bezee:

Ahh v3 i just started myself. I'm chilling for a multiplayer crack to be released and i could fail any exam u set for me! grin
Same here o, i'm just waiting for a multiplayer crack so i can get online (hacked servers) or maybe play the Solo mode.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Next2Bezee(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
[QUOTE]Same here o, i'm just waiting for a multiplayer crack so i can get online (hacked servers) or maybe play the Solo mode. [/QUOTE]

Yeah! A lot of killstreak hacks were released for MW2 on pc, while i hate ppl who use it angry, i still can't wait to piss off noobs with them. cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
musKeeto:

Yeah was going to say same. BF3 is PC game first consoles come in later. I mean DICE et al designed the game primarily to run on gaming PCs from what I recall reading.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Josyrogers(m): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Heard COD:MW3 single player ain't more than 5 hours gameplay? From those who have played it to the end, is this true? If this is, I see no reason why I should burn my hard earned dough on a short gameplay. Why do they make these games so short

15,000 grand no be joke.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Josyrogers(m): 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
There has been too much emphasis on graphics, but no thought on the storyline. I rather have some graphics but lengthy intelligent storylines.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
Josyrogers:

Heard COD:MW3 single player ain't more than 5 hours gameplay? From those who have played it to the end, is this true? If this is, I see no reason why I should burn my hard earned dough on a short gameplay. Why do they make these games so short

15,000 grand no be joke.
MW3 returns with the ever addictive Special Ops mode (not to mention the multiplayer which relies on broadband though) which provides many many hours of gameplay - certainly more than 5hours. Did you play MW2? I havent finished all the Specops mission on that game till this day. See me sounding like an Activision salesman. grin
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by ritchboy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
Who buys a shooter for the campaign mode in the 21st century? cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by tayotee(m): 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
Just finished MW3 Campaign, I soo much love it!!!
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2011
tayo_tee:

Just finished MW3 Campaign, I soo much love it!!!
Love it too. .Sad that Soap died, wanted Yuri to kill Makarov but Price had to be the one, as always.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by ritchboy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^ SPOILER ALERT!!! cheesy
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by v3: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ SPOILER ALERT!!! cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Bawss1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
WTH, Na wa o

So much for the spoiler alert!!!!

Maybe I'll stay away from this thread till my copy of the game arrives.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by DerMeister: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
Bawss1:

WTH, Na wa o

So much for the spoiler alert!!!!

Maybe I'll stay away from this thread till my copy of the game arrives.

Every thread in the games section has "bawss" saying "my game is comin, my game is comin"!!! for 3 weeks, your game is coming! you better go to your game dude otherwise they'll come when BF4 and COD MW4 are about to be released!!! cool
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
BF3 Beats COD3 this year, anyone with me? Finished playing both
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Next2Bezee(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2011
[QUOTE]BF3 Beats COD3 this year, anyone with me? Finished playing both
[/QUOTE]

Only played Modern Warfare 3 so far and it was epic but short. But I know BF was cool.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by 9games(m): 7:03am On Nov 29, 2011
lipsrsealed
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by centurian(m): 9:18am On Dec 01, 2011
I have played the two and believe me both games are winners,
and there story lines are very ok.
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Next2Bezee(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
Even less than a handful of people that posted here 8 years ago are still on NL. Mehn! How time flies!! embarassed

These people used to be so popular in the gaming forum back in the day. I wonder where they all are at now. Chai; life. embarassed
Re: The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
Anything BF beats COD hands down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Any Psp Game Of Your Choice! / Minecraft For Android / Fifa 13 For Pc..pls Help Is Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.