Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet (3632 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Thunder Strikes Down Sen. Douye Diri’s Campaign Banner / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by LikeAking: 12:03am On Oct 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:
Ben Muray Bruce post more on how he has promoted Buy Nigerian..

Naira really had no value. It was just being backed up by the government. It's now being allowed to float to it's true value. I.e. Ripping the plaster off a wound.

One thing is sure, you can't call the man an hypocrite. His kids are American by the virtue of their mother, and he has supported Innoson vehicle over and over again. I remember then Nigerians laughed about it.

Nonsense!

Doesn’t solve any problem..

After buying the Nigerian goods, same CEO’s like Ben Murray Bruce will still send all the profits to their over sea accounts.. They will convert the Naira to USD b4 sending it overseas, there by weakening the Naira.

Ben saying the Naira will find it real value now is dumb idea.. What is the real value of the Naira he is talking about?

5000 Naira to a dollar?

Ben na mumu.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Goodvibes007: 12:05am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:

Nonsense!

Doesn’t solve any problem..

After buying the Nigerian goods, same CEO’s like Ben Murray Bruce will still send all the profits to their over sea accounts.. They will convert the Naira to USD b4 sending it overseas, there by weakening the Naira.

Ben saying the Naira will find it real value now is dumb idea.. What is the real value of the Naira he is talking about?

5000 Naira to a dollar?

Ben na mumu.

What good and what profit is Ben Murray Bruce sending abroad? He is not into importing goods.The Senator has not been fingered in any Pandora case, neither is he buying up properties abroad like Atiku is doing in Dubai.

If you mean multinational CEOs like MTN, Nike, Coca Cola e.t.c well that's part of the message he is talking about.

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by nototribalist: 12:11am On Oct 23, 2023
REDshouse:
This one replying too is clueless and useless .. see rants ode oshi
go ask the person that breast feed you if shes not ode oshi

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:40am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:
Imagine say MTN one remit the trillions of Naira they have made in Nigeria to South Africa..

They have to convert Naira to dollars first..

No even Naira to Rand or gold..

Gold even better.

That alone as destroyed the Naira kpata kpata, and give the dollar more value.

Imagine all the multi national and foreign companies doing the same thing like MTN, E don finish be that..

The worst of all is imagine our own Nigerian business remitting funds to their foreign accounts, that’s the end of discussion..

They hide the above nonesense they are doing, with the we are importing too much narrative..
u aint talking of quality services
MTN makes so much money because they are delivering.
i once used glo, but at a certain time, i became frustrated with their constant network failure. u will buy data and cant use it. i have to discard the line and switch all my lines to MTN and i have never regretted thus far
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:43am On Oct 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:

What good and what profit is Ben Murray Bruce sending abroad? He is not into importing goods.The Senator has not been fingered in any Pandora case, neither is he buying up properties abroad like Atiku is doing in Dubai.

If you mean multinational CEOs like MTN, Nike, Coca Cola e.t.c well that's part of the message he is talking about.
if he so much believe in made in Nigeria, why send his kids to abroad where he will first have to convert his naira to dollar to pay their fees and other expenses
this is the hypocrisy we talk about. he should lead by example.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by drugBaronTINUBU: 12:46am On Oct 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:
One thing is sure, you can't call the man an hypocrite. His kids are American by the virtue of their mother, and he has supported Innoson vehicle over and over again. I remember then when he was busy patronising
Innoson after he became senator, Nigerians laughed at him.
he is a hypocrites
his kids are Nigerians by all standards and facts. stop been foolish.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Ttalk: 1:40am On Oct 23, 2023
complexstuffs:

I agree with you 100%

Dr Olufunimilayo showed three things among others.
1. His ability to throw gutter insults
2. His inability to understand the basic world economics
3. His inability to look at issues logically devoid of emotions

On the whole of it, Dr Olufunimilayo showed that he is neither intelligent nor smart

I see some who claimed to be supporting this government defending Ben Bruce and condemning Dr. Olufunmilayo, you are all hypocrites and evil people, a sycophant and an enemy of this government and its people.

Shame on you all.

You failed to reply to the Dr allegation of Ben Bruce sending all his children to school in the US act which directly constitutes the collapse of the naira, with our leader's penchant for foreign education while they destroy our education with neglect and underfunding.

Sebi Ben Bruce's children will have a headstart over other brilliant graduates of Nigeria University on just account of schooling abroad.

May God destroy all of you who are partisan to the truth.

@ LikeAking, your point is apt regarding the remittance of investors as one major factor responsible for naira depreciation.

Before I leave, let Ben Bruce and his foolish advocates here tell Nigerians the alternatives to fuel importation that constitute the highest dollar drain to our economy since they all destroyed our local refinery and are not bold enough to regulate and empower Nigerian guys who are refining it crudely.

Make Ben Bruce show us his company that is producing electric cars that he is flaunting up and down.

Foolish Ben Bruce and his comrades who ruined this country cannot just rob insult on our face, they can only deceive the foolish and
senseless partisan jobbers who are defending them
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by LikeAking: 1:43am On Oct 23, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

u aint talking of quality services
MTN makes so much money because they are delivering.
i once used glo, but at a certain time, i became frustrated with their constant network failure. u will buy data and cant use it. i have to discard the line and switch all my lines to MTN and i have never regretted thus far
I am not against MTN. Even Glo also do the same..

Nigerian companies hedge their funds in foreign countries cos of inflation..

Even you will do the same..

No one like to loose money..

If you remember Emefile suspended companies in Naija from remitting funds…

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by LikeAking: 1:49am On Oct 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:

How many of Ben Murray Bruce money is in Nigeria?

The rich always send their funds to foreign accounts cos of inflation..

Imagine leaving 100 billion Naira in Nigeria, by now the value will be like 40 billion..

The billionaire has lost 60 billion by now..

All the smart billionaires in Naija keep majority of their funds in overseas tax heavens..

Ben Murray Bruce can’t be innocent on this one..

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by juman(m): 2:21am On Oct 23, 2023
The senator was right.
To improve naira value, buy nigerian made products.
Common sense shows that buy nigeria is obvious way to get strong naira.

So it starts from the senator and all of us to buy nigeria.

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Easternpilot: 2:57am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:
That was a very clueless response from Olufunmilayo. He demonstrated a shocking lack of basic comprehension ability expected from a medical doctor. What Ben Bruce said is absolutely correct. Buy Nigeria to make Naira regain its strength. The present value of Naira is its true value.

That utterly disrespectful assault can never be justified.
Funny You, so when Nigerians starts watching Enyimba instead of Man U and start vising Silverbird Cinema, the price of naira against the dollar would appreciate. Already I know many Nigerians are patronizing Airpeace. You guys are just funny. Now let me tell You the basic and fundamental reason why the naira is on a geometric decline in value against the dollar is because Nigeria does not have enough to earn foreign exchange. That would have not been an issue if we are not import dependent. The deficit in the foreign exchange earning has caused a serious scarcity of the green currency. Now the remedy is for Government to work assiduously with a prgramatic policy to ensure that Nigeria moves from consumption to production. Peter Obi seems to me the only politician that knows the basic and fundamental problem of this Country and was ready to face it squarely. As it is now I don't think TINUBU and his Economic management team knew the next line of action to take to remedy the already detoriating situation.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by WesternPanzer: 4:00am On Oct 23, 2023
Even Murray Bruce is among those putting stress on the Naira.

He is among the criminal politicians living a good life in the US after looting the country to death.

Mumu man. Buy Naija to grow the Naira but all your Children are schooling abroad? You want to enjoy all the goodies of life while others suffer for you?
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by afube: 5:16am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:
That was a very clueless response from Olufunmilayo. He demonstrated a shocking lack of basic comprehension ability expected from a medical doctor. What Ben Bruce said is absolutely correct. Buy Nigeria to make Naira regain its strength. The present value of Naira is its true value.

The problem is that our leaders never lead from the front! The doctor is right .........Ben Bruce can be quite hypocritical like most of our leaders!

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by maticar: 5:35am On Oct 23, 2023
REDshouse:
This one replying too is clueless and useless .. see rants ode oshi
Frustrated clown
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by maticar: 5:36am On Oct 23, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Dr olufumilayo is Igbo and Ipob
That's the next line of attack
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by maticar: 5:39am On Oct 23, 2023
complexstuffs:

I totally agree with you 100%

Dr Olufunimilayo showed three things among others.
1. His ability to throw gutter insults
2. His inability to understand the basic world economics
3. His inability to look at issues logically devoid of emotions

On the whole of it, Dr Olufunimilayo showed that he is neither intelligent nor smart
With all your intelligence, you still support a drug baron......get a life first

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by complexstuffs(m): 5:42am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:

Dr Olufunimilayo sabi economics, na u and other ignorant Nigerians no sabi economics..

Even if Nigerians buy made in Nigerian goods it won’t solve the problem, cos the owners of those companies will still remit all their profits abroad. In the process they would convert Naira to USD agian.

They will still buy raw materials and equipments agian and the process sieve for dollars agian.. These are the main causes of the death of the Naira, not the small, small imported things me and you enjoy..

Almost all the nations on earth import.

The only reason IPOB cannibals hate Nigeria is the fact that Nigerians kicked the Pandora criminal called Obi to the gutters in the last presidential elections.

Ben Bruce may not be perfect but I can tell IPOB cannibals that he is a commited Nigerian and has built companies in Nigeria that has created job for Nigerians. What has Dr Olufunimilayo ever done for his country apart from cussing people who refused to hate Tinubu for no just cause. OBIDIENTS and IPOB cannibals expect other Nigerians to hate Tinubu after Tinubu defeated the Pandora criminal called Obi in the last presidential elections. Isn't that funny.

OBIDIENTS and IPOB cannibals want Nigeria destroyed just because Obi lost the elections. That is the DUMBEST thing ever.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by complexstuffs(m): 5:50am On Oct 23, 2023
maticar:

With all your intelligence, you still support a drug baron......get a life first

With all the intelligence of IPOB cannibals, they still kill, roast and eat human meat
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by KillahPriest: 5:54am On Oct 23, 2023
I blame the îdiot okoro handling senator Bruce's Twitter account. He has transferred the consequences of his childishness, wickedness and stupidity to Mr Bruce
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Acidosis(m): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:

An elder is telling you to buy Naija to grow naija but the same elder sent his three sons to US.-based schools, wears a foreign suit as seen on his profile. You and that useless elder are shamefully shameless.

Same way Tinubu urged you all to endure hardship while his son flies Nigeria's presidential jet to watch horse riding matches in Kano. Dem no say una no get sense. Stup!d lots.

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Acidosis(m): 6:06am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:
Imagine say MTN one remit the trillions of Naira they have made in Nigeria to South Africa..

Gold even better.

Imagine all the multi national and foreign companies doing the same thing like MTN, E don finish be that..

The worst of all is imagine our own Nigerian business remitting funds to their foreign accounts, that’s the end of discussion..

They hide the above nonesense they are doing, with the we are importing too much narrative..

You want the likes of Glo, Dangote, UBA, Firstbank, Flutterwave, etc. to operate across Africa, even London and U.S., but you don't want Netflix to operate in Naija?

Ordinary UBA operates in more than 15 countries, including France, UK, and the US. yet that hasn't stopped the US. economy from growing..

The operations of MNEs in your country isn't the reason the economy is so bad. Do not allow the useless drug dealers in power make a mess of your education.

Nigeria had more Multinational companies during the days of Jonathan. If low MNE operations promotes economic development, then Nigeria should have gotten better since the exit of several MNEs in the last 8 years. Shoprite never run? Procter & Gamble never run? Framan Industries never run? So why hasn't your economy improved since their exit?

We need to create a policy in this country that permits the withdrawal of people's certificate.

Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Acidosis(m): 6:17am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:

I am not against MTN. Even Glo also do the same..

Nigerian companies hedge their funds in foreign countries cos of inflation..

Even you will do the same..

No one like to loose money..

If you remember Emefile suspended companies in Naija from remitting funds…

99.9% of Multinational Companies all over the world hedge their funds in U.S. dollars. Stop listening to charlatans (Reno, Ben Bruce, etc.).
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Britishpea: 6:18am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:

E no Dey work like that..

Please don’t let them deceive..

Most of the Nigerian business men send their money overseas, they only keep very little in Nigeria..

Even if you buy Nigerian goods, those CEO’s will still send dia profits abroad. They will also buy raw materials and equipments they can easily produce in Nigeria abroad..

So it’s still desame problems repeating it self in different dimensions..

No be only imports they make the Naira weak..

Remittances made by foreign companies to their countries is also a huge factor.. It’s even harmful than importation..

A reason Emefile suspended remittances by foreign companies to their countries, because it was about to destroy the Naira..

This deep pass for importation, then add corruption..

I agree wit you to some extent. But Ben Bruce was only giving a good advice even though he actually wasn’t dishing it out in a good form. He didn’t he th right analogies to drive his points and refused to use probable economic attachments in relation with the reality on ground to drive a sizable meaning thus he was sounding incoherent like a man who dropped out of the university.
Above that, dollars won’t come down if local production is not encouraged, If japa continues, if people still schooling abroad in droves, if local contractors still pay foreign contractors with dollars cash in bribe. If we continue to import fuel instead of making refineries working. In fact dollars I’ll hit 3k next year if the government doesn’t peg it. It won’t come down because it is right now on a free flow because of floating. We have nothing to brave it. So many things right now is contributing to the fall. However, I dislike the conditional cash transfer to households by the current govt. the palliative didn’t have effect in any way why then starting a cash top up? They should think out of box
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Ozommadu: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:

So govt is no longer responsible for the fall of naira and our economy??

Agbado people hates the truth and anything truth.

Why did you protest against goodluck Jonathan since you know its ordinarly Nigerians are responsible for the hardship then?

Hypocrite
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Kukutente23: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:

True value? Hmmm
Economists claimed the naira's true value will be around 500/$ when this "floating experiment" started and that the value will drop to that amount in a few months.
Right now, "economists" are telling us 1k+ is the "true value".
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2023
Good for him and I like the response the guy gave him!
Our leaders are just hypocrites...do one funny thing outside but do many bad things inside and secretly. How can they as leaders be preaching about Nigerians sacrificing this hard times but put out a 100m cash vehicle gift for themselves but wants to share 8k as paliatives and 15k conditional cash transfer to who and who?
Make una pity for us oo politicians please pity for us o..na beg we dey beg!
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by APCNig: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2023
Varunpulyani:
Dr olufumilayo is Igbo and Ipob

Yes, produced at baby factory in Aba and sold at baby market in Osun
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Kukutente23: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2023
LikeAking:

Gold even better.

You're very correct!!
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Kukutente23: 6:36am On Oct 23, 2023
complexstuffs:
Dr Olufunimilayo is just. a pained OBIDIENTS who wishes that Nigeria is destroyed just because Nigerians kicked the Pandora criminal called Obi to the gutters in the last presidential elections.

BuyNaija is a good thing irrespective of who is saying it. Only enemies of Nigeria like IPOB cannibals and Dr Olufunimilayo will not BuyNaija.

God bless Nigeria and I stan #BuyNaija
I hope the phone you're using to type this is naija and the sim is glo
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by complexstuffs(m): 6:40am On Oct 23, 2023
Kukutente23:

I hope the phone you're using to type this is naija and the sim is glo

I would be the first person to buy a Nigerian manufactured phone if there was one.

Let me tell you. I have a first degree in engineering and two masters degrees in Engineering and I know what impact #BuyNaija would have on our manufacturing industry.
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by Kukutente23: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2023
Goodvibes007:

So in your mind Ben Bruce does not have a dollar account
Re: Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet by nonhuman(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2023
lebienconnu:

so can you now correct the what he didn't comprehend in his own reply, olodo feeling funky

Black Kings Of England / APC Bus Transportion And Bus Transportion Around The World. / Ganduje Completes Kofar Ruwa Flyover. See What It Looks Like At Night

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94