Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Parents, be Very careful with your kids. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, be Very careful with your kids. (699 Views)

SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful. / Be Careful With Your Secrets! / SIENA GBUDJE Exposed..ladies Be Careful.. Members Be Very Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by MSN1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
I was feeling bored @ home wen i eventually stepped out to get @ least a bottle...

Where i was chilling, i heard screams and loud cry.
I had to move closer to discover that; A woman (Who happened to b a colleague) and her husband were carrying a very unconscious child with oil stains all over her.
@ first i thought it was convulsion, later i got to know that;
The child drank kerosene coupled with salt!.
---My issues with this incident are:

1. Children are VERY delicate creatures, so whatever you plan @ home; If u must keep them; ALWAYS pay special attention to them, this is a major reason the wealthy ones pay heavily for nannies. (taking care of kids is a very difficult job). GOD BLESS OUR MOTHERS.
2. In Naija, U ARE ON UR OWN:
For about 10mins i was there, the parents were crying for help on how to get bike to go to the nearest private hospital, but no 1 @ of more than 50 persons could profer a solution. (Though the parents have a car but i advised them against using it becos of the shock and intense tension in them). A lot of pipo there, were only there for the gist, the few mins. I got there, @ least i was useful, Thats how it ought to b because; "Problem dey move frm houx to houx, na pesin de help pesin".
Finally, its not too appropriate to say this but; it is what it is.
When @O.B.O lost his child and the nanny was arrested for negligence, i was shocked because; Any adult shud know that; Controlling and keeping children out of dangers; IS EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. Thats y any sane person ought to put their children as top priority over ANY other things.

----The Child will and has survived alredy (On God).
*May God bless our fore mothers that were able to take care of large number of kids, THOSE GENERATION NA GURU WAHLA.--

2 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by ahnie: 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yesterday on my way to a leisure park I saw a man atop a bike with his daughter who obviously was unconscious she was shirtless,the man was screaming the child's name.

I was struck with shock I pray the lil girl makes it,they were heading to new general hospital.

Kids are delicate business on their own you just have to keep eyes on them

5 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Puss360(f): 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2023
Here in Nigeria, it's very easy to procreate, but difficult to monitor and train a child....
Most people or parents are just after giving birth, then they give little care to the wellbeing of the child and rather occupy themselves with "working for the family to eat"..
We hardly employ the services of qualified caretaker to look after the kids...
Surprisingly, in this day and age, some people don't know that looking after a child or children is a full time job.... Coz the wellbeing of your own child is your responsibility completely...
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by NoToPile: 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
Taking care of kids ehn you have to be extra watchful, at alert, careful and prayerful.

It's both a physical and spiritual thing, a job in its own class. E no easy mehn, our parents tried walahi

1 Like

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Quenncee: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2023
Puss360:
Here in Nigeria, it's very easy to procreate, but difficult to monitor and train a child....
Most people or parents are just after giving birth, then they give little care to the wellbeing of the child and rather occupy themselves with "working for the family to eat"..
We hardly employ the services of qualified caretaker to look after the kids...
Surprisingly, in this day and age, some people don't know that looking after a child or children is a full time job.... Coz the wellbeing of your own child is your responsibility completely...
It is well
I think say na community dey train Pekin?
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Puss360(f): 4:19am On Oct 24, 2023
Quenncee:
I think say na community dey train Pekin?
Wrong... When the child becomes a menace in the same community, who will be held responsible? Is it the community or the Parent
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by MSN1(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2023
*Update*
I called both parents last nite, I was able to speak to the eldest son, who told me; the baby was fine and responded to medications.

--I was @ my village 2days ago, I called my dad's attention to a big scar @ the chin, very close to the ear of our last born (My half sister)
I was surprised when he told me; her immediate elder brother was playing with a hot spoon (placed on fire) and accidentally used it on the little girl. My question was; Where was their mother?.

Sometimes I wonder how pipo have mind to bring a lot of kids to this world.
Any kid above 1; is not for me!, because children these days, need very close attention and special care, till even 16 yrs. "If u add pikin wahala join d country problem, uhmm".

3 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 24, 2023
Last Thursday, a little girl crawled out of the mother's shop.The mother said she slept off,It's a storey complex and the small girl rolled down from the stair case. It was a terrific sight but the girl survived it.

See it's a real business taking care of children but people take a lot of chances. In my area, parents still send their children as small as 6/7 years on errands at night. I nearly fought a neighbour when I locked our gate around 10pm and she told me her child, a J.S 2 kid was still outside.

1 Like

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by sulakishop(m): 5:40am On Oct 24, 2023
Let's hope that these slay mothers will listen.

One young neighbour of mine (about 17 year old mother) recently allowed the toddler son to roam freely to where the boy innocently poured himself hot water lying fallow in a pot due to her negligence.

It was a tough battle for the boy to survive though forever flawed .

Most young parents don't know what parenting entails. They got married for being married or for no clearly defined reason.
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Quenncee: 6:15am On Oct 24, 2023
Puss360:

Wrong... When the child becomes a menace in the same community, who will be held responsible? Is it the community or the Parent
then let the phase adage be do away with.
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2023
Na wa o.na only 2 kids I go born and na strict supervision.
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Jewessgratitud3: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2023
Children can be a handful. The moment they are out of sight try and look for them because before you say jack, they are up to one mischief or the other.

That is why anytime I go visiting my siblings and everywhere suddenly becomes quiet, I'll be the one asking my sisters, "where are your children"? What are they up to? These children need close monitoring every now and then. I'll always tell them, never let them leave your side or go out of sight.

1 Like

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by ahnie: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2023
That adage has cam to stay cheesy cheesy
Quenncee:
then let the phase adage be do away with.
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by ahnie: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2023
As in eeh,as a parents (mothers especially you just gatz be up and doing ,monitor all the monitables and expect to have a cracked voice cheesy cheesy down to even their petty fights.
NoToPile:
Taking care of kids ehn you have to be extra watchful, at alert, careful and prayerful.

It's both a physical and spiritual thing, a job in its own class. E no easy mehn, our parents tried walahi
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Hideaki: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2023
Best thing is not to give birth if you can't cope with a child

2 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Mindlog: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2023
Child minding is a FULL TIME JOB! wink

2 Likes

Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by MSN1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
I just remembered when i was just 7 years, towards arond 6-7pm; i was seriously hungry, i went to wake my mom. My mom has a strict policy of not disturbing her whenever she is sleeping, out of 4 kids; i am d ONLY one that can wake her from sleep (not even my dad), she will never listen to u.
She managed to tell me to go fix meal for my self.

I went to d kitchen, i was preparing rice and after som moments, the kerosene in the stove dried up and i had to remove the burner, placed it on the kitchen table and poured kerosene in the stove. All of a sudden; i used my stomach to touch the hot burner, mehn; the shout woke my mom from sleep...

When my dad came back; the first question was; WHERE WAS MY MOM, B4 A LITTLE BOY WAS LEFT ALONE IN D KITCHEN?

It took d God's grace 4 my mom not be seriously beaten because old man was seriously pissed.
I still have d scar close to my belly bottom till 2moro.

God bless our Mothers; "e nor easy to train pikin wahlahi".
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:08am On Oct 25, 2023
MSN1:
I just remembered when i was just 7 years, towards arond 6-7pm; i was seriously hungry, i went to wake my mom. My mom has a strict policy of not disturbing her whenever she is sleeping, out of 4 kids; i am d ONLY one that can wake her from sleep (not even my dad), she will never listen to u.
She managed to tell me to go fix meal for my self.

I went to d kitchen, i was preparing rice and after som moments, the kerosene in the stove dried up and i had to remove the burner, placed it on the kitchen table and poured kerosene in the stove. All of a sudden; i used my stomach to touch the hot burner, mehn; the shout woke my mom from sleep...

When my dad came back; the first question was; WHERE WAS MY MOM, B4 A LITTLE BOY WAS LEFT ALONE IN D KITCHEN?

It took d God's grace 4 my mom not be seriously beaten because old man was seriously pissed.
I still have have d scar close to my belly bottom till 2moro.

God bless our Mothers; "e nor easy to train pikin wahlahi".
you like food o grin
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by MSN1(m): 5:51am On Oct 25, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
you like food o grin
Lol..
Am not the food type @ all, the best time i eat; is when am eating with som1, i don't eat much when am alone.
Re: Parents, be Very careful with your kids. by Tayorshd87: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2023
NoToPile:

Our parents too try infact if I remember them both in d grave yard I do still pray for them

(1) (Reply)

Guess How Much My Wife Bought These 17 Tubers Of Water Yams Today ? / How Can I Survive My Parents Burdens As A 19 Year Old? (HELP) / Robbers Attack And Your Spouse Flees:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.