Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) (57311 Views)

2023: God’s Wrath Waiting – Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC / FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers / Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari, Jonathan Over ‘politicised’ N-power, SURE-P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by DOM7: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2023
You are tagged so that you can use the same tune and strength to speak to the man with the steering,. So BAT is not a magician but Goodluck was? What a hypocrite that's why this country will continue to sink nothing can help it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by VladRoosh: 11:19am On Oct 24, 2023
Na so
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Snowx: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2023
They have gone silence in this forum..you won't see APC urchins here again..bunch of hypocrites, calling black white...you see that this man can't fix Nigeria yet you keep on supporting him for rival and ethnic reasons. What a myopic thinking

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Bigkoko: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2023
Even ashawo wey full Nigeria, he still prefer Venezuela hooker's high on cocaine!

ruffhandu:
Even the government is not buying made in Nigeria goods, so who are we? This is the worst government since independence

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Bfly: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2023
Becareful of those who speak from their belly instead of their head.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Bigkoko: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2023
No be who eat well dey see road? grin grin grin Abeg leave the werey make he dey drown for hypocrisy!

If Asiwaju survive SC, expect NGN to level out at 1700 to a USD by this time next year!

GO0DHardDick:

Seunmsg how far?

You never see this thread abi you're not pretending not to see it like the 🤡 you are?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by siaco(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Seunmsg will avoid this thread like plague

Tinubu is nothing but a fool without vision

QED

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by smileyoo: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2023
virginchaser:
Stop disturbing the poor lad now. Good answer. Let us start to be buying made in Nigeria goods, patronize Nigerian universities, grow your food, maintain your old cars, reduce your movements.
lol. but how many goods and services do have in Nigeria, that one can patronize and be satisfied of doing so ? the truth is that you can never replace the essence of good leadership.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by ufotunang: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2023
APC is the worst government nigeria has ever have

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by RoyalUc(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2023
badoh:
I will like to address some issues raised here.
- That southwest hate Jonathan and Igbos. This is a fallacy and far from truth. Was southwest not part of those that clamour for Jonathan to be given power when Yaradua was indisposed and the North was not ready to transfer power to him? Did southwest not vote for Jonathan in 2011 to start a fresh mandate?
Why was Jonathan not able to take a stand and convince labour on the need to remove fuel subsidy and avoid the one week strike then?
Jonathan's loss of power was done through the ballot via combined effort of opposition parties who merged together to produce Buhari. Nobody should blame Tinubu here cos he was an opposition leader and the aim of every opposition party is to take over government.
Your constant attack on Tinubu govt is welcomed and is needed to put the govt on her feet. You can continue to call out the govt for every anti-people policies, however note that to take over govt, it must be through the ballot system and not through the back door or calling for military coup just because of the hatred on him or his tribe. Everyone of us want a better country and the change start from you and me.

What happens when the ballot system is perpetually manipulated and rigged in favour of a party in a contest that is supposed to be free and fair?
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by maestro299: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2023
badoh:
- That southwest hate Jonathan and Igbos. This is a fallacy and far from truth. Was southwest not part of those that clamour for Jonathan to be given power when Yaradua was indisposed and the North was not ready to transfer power to him? Did southwest not vote for Jonathan in 2011 to start a fresh mandate?
Why was Jonathan not able to take a stand and convince labour on the need to remove fuel subsidy and avoid the one week strike then?
Jonathan's loss of power was done through the ballot via combined effort of opposition parties who merged together to produce Buhari. Nobody should blame Tinubu here cos he was an opposition leader and the aim of every opposition party is to take over government.
Your constant attack on Tinubu govt is welcomed and is needed to put the govt on her feet. You can continue to call out the govt for every anti-people policies, however note that to take over govt, it must be through the ballot system and not through the back door or calling for military coup just because of the hatred on him or his tribe. Everyone of us want a better country and the change start from you and me.
Sorry my brother/sister but you're either being naive or duplicitous.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Daystar7: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2023
badoh:

You addressed nothing, stfu! You're a hypocrite. Which labour? Labour controlled by Tinubu and Buhari? Pls people are angry don't provoke me with ur hypocrisy.
NOI and Jonathan kept crying on tv that subsidy removal 'll help the country but Tinubu convinced u idiots from the SW and North that it was a scam. Tinubu and Buhari destroyed this country aided by bigotry and tribalism of both old senile bastards out of hatred for GEJ and Igbos. Bunch of useless things. I had to help one stupid woman pay for her daughters medical bill. This stupid woman hate P.O for no reason asides being an Igbo man but today can't afford #4500. I paid for it just for the sake of the child but I told her to her face to enjoy her bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by TUTU147: 11:40am On Oct 24, 2023
Yoruba muslim don't want power to go to south south or south east, that was the reason they hate Jonathan even when he was doing his best.The whole thing done clear now.This same reason is why Obi is a bad politician to them because they never believe an igbo man can pull such crowd.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by amadiama(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2023
virginchaser:
Stop disturbing the poor lad now. Good answer. Let us start to be buying made in Nigeria goods, patronize Nigerian universities, grow your food, maintain your old cars, reduce your movements.
shouldn't it start with our leaders? They should stop flying abroad for medical trips..stop sending there children to study abroad..etc.they should lead by example.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Shikini: 11:48am On Oct 24, 2023
Shameless Agbado supporters

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by nairalanda1(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2023
EBMedia:

Source: Muhammad DeeDee (Twitter)

1.Good for him...he has shown he is a hypocrite.

2.Having said that.....I got to point out that those dragging him are also HYPOCRITES.

A lot of GEJ supporters love to praise him for keeping the naira low....yet around the same time, Nigeria had high unemployment and our foreign reserves drained.

The simple answer was because during the time of GEJ, from 2010-14 , oil prices were high. Most of the time they were around $110-130 . Yes they were that high.

A large chunk of our dollar earnings were used to defend the naira. Now, imagine if GEJ had not defended the naira, the exchange would have been around N300 to one dollar then...

Instead we spent and we spent and we spent.

Now, Buhari did the same, and Tinubu too wants to do the same (and is in fact about to spend 10 Billion dollars to defend the naira).

The problem is, oil prices were low from 2014-2021. During which...we took loans to make up for our resulting revenue deficit.

The debt servicing is eating up the revenue as a result. So, we have to BORROW MORE....and at the same time we still need dollars.

So, Tinubu...who by the way wants to defend the naira...now faces a challenge. No more dollars. So, he stopped defending the naira...and here we are.

The truth is, at the end, we are a broke nation who uses high oil price preriods....1973-82, and 2008-09, 2010=14 ...to paper over the cracks . And when we do not have the moni...we BORROW. and BORROW...and Borrow.

The truth is, we are not yet ready to face reality and do things like INCREASING TAX REVENUE, TOTALLY REMOVING SUBSIDES, AND CUTTING GOVERNMENT COSTS, as well as actually fighting corruption, and becoming an exporter of...manufactured goods and services.

Anyway, Nigerians want N1-$1..wihtout thinking of the consequences. We love a stronk currency without taking the measure we need to make it stronk.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by OBALUJONES: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2023
Nigerians abroad who went to hustle are happy if you people don't know
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by usagee36: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
I think this guy's father was denied an appointment by GEJ. His now a big supporter of Tifnubu thinking his father will get something. I wont mention his real name. Buhari never liked him because he was Babaginda and Obasanjo boy in the Army.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by billyG(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
A magician who can make dollar to increase against naira but cannot reverse it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Sparkle777(f): 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
bdon123:

All of a sudden bat is not magician bt goodluck must have been one abi?useless set of tribalistic urchins who loose touch of reality once tribe is involved

Here's the comment I was looking for, BAT is not a magician but GEJ is the one that has finished Nigeria and is the magician. Why didn't he advice is to be buying Nigerian goods then? May God continue to punishh him and his co evill doers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by achimendy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Did Jonathan tell you he was a magician?

Good question.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by achimendy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Mumu man.., can’t even control his thoughts regarding the Naira fall. When you get paid to support a false narrative, you become useless!

Exactly.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by achimendy(m): 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
EBMedia:

This is one of the reasons why Nigeria will never get better.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Moniya4Real(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hmm, ok then

bakila:

Seems that was propaganda, as amply revealed by his current position.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
EBMedia:

Please take him massively always. Freakin twats.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2023
EBMedia:

Please take him massively always. Freakin t w a t.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Angrymode: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
This is an example why APC miscreants disgust me so much! From top to bottom, it's as if they have swapped their brains with poo when they talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Kaiser20: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
Reno Omokiri's post "Defending Tinubu,, while Nigeria is bleeding seriously is a crime against humanity"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by Bigkoko: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
Do i need to tell an adult like Seunmg or that white hair cultist; Soyinka, to vote a right candidate? Knowing fully well, him & this forger, actually brought Buhari, do i need to tell him to vote a corrupt free person? Honestly, now i know why almost every Igbo person i come across locally & internationally, loathes you guys! Tufiakwaaaa.

Una go open eyes vote hyena and when goats and fowl start to dey miss una go dey roll eyes like owl!

Na G-d go punish all of una when join hands destroy Nigeria! Loss?
Do i look like HE Peter Obi son? Or relative? Or do i stand to benefit from him? Infact, i care less about him, but more for poor, ignorant citizens in South West who must likely would end up mining skulls thinking that's how to make wealth, those in the North, who certainly would have reason to lynch someone in the name of their allah or prophet! Also, i care more for my self, such that i would have plenty reason to travel frequently to Nigeria, even if na to go drink tuoobooo (palm wine)

Kay25:

U are not after the well-being of Nigeria u are only crying for ur loss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by hardon1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
Lol
Oloriburuku grin grin grin
Still, Tinubu has not broken the evil cow's record - BUHARÌ
BUHARÌ MET THE DOLLAR AT 160-180 AND LEFT IT AT 750.
Mathematically, that's about 400% increase or inflation. X4

Tinubu own never ever reach 100% or X2.

Do you know what you are saying. Naira has depreciated greatly since may this year with a very steep gredient

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by sweerychick(f): 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
joefelin2345:
But when SE united with the North in 1959, 1979, 1983 & 1993-1998-Babangida & Abacha era), that was ok abi? Mumu. Don't worry, the Yoruba shall soon leave you alone in Nigeria by the grace of God & IJMN.
leave you said? Why didn't you leave when it was easier to defeat the common enemy? Oh because things are not working anymore in this godforsaken contraption called Nigeria? Don't worry una never wake up from slumber
Re: Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) by lenghtinny(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2023
The truth is GEJ did not understand the extent of the power he waded as the number one citizen that he allowed every Tom, Dick and Harry bully him into submission both online and offline…..

However, despite how dull and unintelligent Buhari is, understood the power quite well probably due to his military background.

Meanwhile, Jagaban needs no tutorial on how to wield this power because he’s always had this domineering attitude since his days as Lagos governor.

As bitter as the truth may be, I don’t see BAT relinquishing that seat until 2031 no matter how worse the situation get.

He would survive whatever storm that comes during his second campaign the same way he survived the first one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Celebrates Buhari's Victory In Style (Photos) / Sit-At-Home In Anambra, Enugu, Others (Pictures) / Tinubu To Proceed On First Medical Trip To France - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.